Sunny Leone (Karenjit Kaur Vohra) is a Canadian-born Indian-American actress, model, and a former adult actress. She worked in a bakery before taking a jump into the adult film industry. After signing a three-year contract with Vivid Entertainment, she stepped into the world of films and became very popular and successful in this genre. She made her mainstream film debut playing a cameo role in the romantic comedy film ‘The Girl Next Door’. She has played roles in independent mainstream events, films, and television series. Her first mainstream appearance was in 2005 when she worked as a red carpet reporter for the MTV Video Music Awards on MTV India.
In 2011, she participated in the Indian reality television series Bigg Boss. She also has hosted the Indian reality show Splitsvilla. She has co-hosted the famous reality show MTV’s Spiltsvilla season 7, 8, and 9. After showing in two more films, she made her entry into Bollywood with ‘Jism 2’. Directed by Pooja Bhatt, the film was a profitable success. Her popularity increased further with ‘Ragini MMS 2’. She has since appeared in several Bollywood movies, such as ‘One Night Stand’ and ‘Mastizaade’. She is also known for her humanitarian works. She has involved with the American Cancer Society as well as the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
Sunny Leone Bio/ Wiki
[table id=1477 /]
Family, Education & More
Sunny Leone (Karenjit Kaur Vohra) was born on May 13, 1981, in Sarnia, Ontario to Sikh Indian Punjabi parents. Her father was born in Tibet and raised in Delhi, while her mother (who died in 2008) was from Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh.
As a young girl, she was a self-described tomboy, very athletic, and played street hockey with the boys. Although the family was Sikh, Her parents enrolled her in Catholic school as it was felt to be unsafe for her to go to public school.
When she was 13, her family moved to Fort Gratiot, Michigan, then to Lake Forest, California a year later, fulfilling her grandparents’ dream that the family is together in one place. She had her first kiss at 11.
Sunny Leone Net Worth
Sunny Leone, whose journey began from starting her career in the adult film industry as a teenager, has created a sensation by stepping into Bollywood a few years ago.
Time overtime again, the actress has ruled the hearts of the audiences with her hot item numbers. Sunny Leone has an estimated net worth of $15 million and an annual income of Rs 2 crore, which comes from films, endorsements, television appearances, events, and public events. There is no doubt that Sunny owns a bunch of expensive items that make anyone green with envy.
[table id=1478 /]
We are constantly updating this page with new financial and earning details. We use publicly available data and resources to ensure that Sunny Leone Net Worth estimates and wealth calculation is accurate and up to date. All net worths are fact-checked and confirmed by our users. While it’s relatively simple to predict her income, it’s harder to know Sunny Leone’s expenses over the years.
Movies and TV Shows – Career
- Besides Adult Movies, she has also appeared in mainstream films.
- She appeared in Hollywood debut with a cameo role in the hit film titled The Girl Next Door in 2004.
- After which, she appeared in a few more Hollywood film such as Pirate’s Blood and The V*rginity Hit.
- Her career took a U-turn after she participated in Big Boss season 5 in 2011.
- Soon, she started getting offers from Bollywood and thus she made her Bollywood debut with Mohit Suri’s film Jism 2 in 2012.
- After this, she did an item number in the film Shootout at Wadala in 2013. Since then, she has established herself as one of the most sought-after actresses to do an item number.
- Her latest item number “Laila Main Laila” in Shahrukh Khan starrer film Raees garnered her huge publicity. In addition to doing item numbers, she has also played lead roles in films such as Ek Paheli Leela, Kuch Kuch Locha Hai, Mastizaade, and Ragini MMS 2 among others.
- In addition to Hindi, she has done item numbers in Marathi, Bengali, and all south Indian language films as well.
- She will be seen in the lead role opposite Arbaaz Khan in the upcoming romantic flick Tera Intezaar. She will be next seen in Total Dhamaal which is due to release in late 2018.
- In addition to the silver screen, Sunny has also done a lot of projects on the small screen as well. She started off as an MTV reporter at MTV award nights in 2005.
- She has co-hosted the famous reality show MTV’s Spiltsvilla season 7, 8, and 9.
[table id=1479 /]
- Does Sunny smoke? : No
- Does Sunny Leone drink alcohol? : Yes
- Sunny was born in Canada to Sikh Punjabi parents who moved to the US later in life.
- When she was younger, she played street hockey and ice skating.
- Her parents felt it unsafe for her to attend public school, so she attended a Catholic school.
- At the age of 11, she had her first kiss, and at 16, she lost her purity to a basketball player.
- Bisexuality became apparent to her when she was 18 years old.
- While studying to become a pediatric nurse, she worked at a German bakery, Jiffy Lube (car maintenance & servicing), a tax and retirement firm, and a German bakery.
- In 2001, after she posed for an adult men’s magazine called Penthouse, she changed her name to Sunny Leone on the advice of Bob Guccione (former owner of Penthouse magazine).
- Sunny is also her brother’s nickname.
- A cameo in Kalyug (2005) marked her Bollywood debut, but director Mohit Suri backed out after she demanded $1 million.
- In 2012, she made her Bollywood debut with Jism 2.
- She is the 1st Indian adult film star to make it into Bollywood films.
- In 2010, she was considered one of the top female adult movie actresses in the world.
- She has two rescued dogs, Lilu and Chopper, that are in danger of being put down.
- When it comes to insects, she has a phobia.
- “Lust” is the name of her perfume line.
- She was included in BBC’s 100 Most Influential Women of 2016 list along with four other Indians.
Which Caste Is Sunny Leone?
Sunny Leone Was Born To A Punjabi Sikh Family.
What Is Sunny Leone Nationality?
American, Canadian, Indian
What Is Sunny Leone Age?
42 Years, The Full Name Of Sunny Leone Is Karenjit Kaur Vohra. She Is A Very Famous Actress And Former Adult Movies Actress. She Was Born On 13 May 1981 In A Punjabi Sikh Family In Sarnia, Ontario Canada. She Completed His Basic Education With The Catholic School In Canada.
What Is Sunny Leone Worth?
Sunny Leone Has A Net Worth Of $15 Million And An Annual Income Of Rs 2 Crore.