Summer Walker is a vocalist from the United States. Love Renaissance and Interscope Records represent her. Interscope Records released her commercial mixtape Last Day of Summer in October 2018. The mixtape yielded the single “Girls Need Love,” which earned her first Billboard Hot 100 chart top 40 entry with a remix featuring Drake, reaching number 37. Walker released her debut EP, CLEAR, in January 2019, and followed it up with her debut album.
Her debut studio album, Over It, was released in October 2019 and gained widespread critical praise. The album debuted and peaked at number two on the Billboard 200 list, and the Recording Industry Association of America certified it platinum (RIAA). The album also produced the top 20 Billboard Hot 100 hit “Playing Games” (featuring Bryson Tiller).
Walker made history in 2019 when her first album had the highest streaming launch week for a female R&B singer. At the 2019 Soul Train Music Awards, she was also named Best New Artist.
Summer Walker Bio/Wiki
|Real Name||Summer Marjani Walker|
|Age||27 years old|
|Date Of Birth||April 11, 1996|
|Birth Place||Atlanta, Georgia, U.S|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Marital Status||In a Relationship|
|Boyfriend||London Tyler Holmes|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$5 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$9 million|
Summer Marjani Walker was born on April 11, 1996 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Her parents are currently in Atlanta. She ran a small cleaning company while also stripping in Atlanta from 2016 to 2018. She learned to play the guitar by following YouTube tutorials and posting videos of herself performing covers on the platform.
Yuvika Chaudhary Bio, Age, Movies, Husband, TV Shows, Net Worth
- Walker launched her second album, Still Over It, which broke the record for the greatest R&B debut on the US album chart since Beyoncé’s Lemonade.
- Within the first week of its release, the album sold over 166,000 sales.
- Walker and Ari Lennox performed her song “Unloyal” together at the 2021 Soul Train Music Awards on November 29.
- On March 21, 2022, the “No Love” extended remix starring Cardi B was unveiled.
- On March 25, 2022, it was released alongside a music video.
- Walker appears on Kendrick Lamar’s single “Purple Hearts,” which appears on his 2022 album Mr Morale & The Big Steppers.
- Summer worked as a dancer at an Atlanta strip club while learning to play the guitar through YouTube lessons.
- She told The Face that the event was “helping her grow out of her shell” and that it was “a good experience.”
- Walker revealed in 2020 that she was having her first kid with her infrequent lover London on da Track.
- Bubbles, their daughter, was born in March 2021.
- Walker has over 23 tattoos, including facial tattoos, as of 2019.
Ike Turner Spouse, Meme, Net Worth, Death, Children
Summer Walker is now dating London Tyler Holmes, also known as London on da Track. Her partner London is a record producer from the United States. They aren’t legally married. Walker, however, confirmed her pregnancy with on-again, off-again lover London on da Track in 2020 by showing her baby belly on her social media sites.
Walker and London began dating on and off after he worked on the production of her debut album, Over It, which he also executive produced. Walker gave birth to a daughter in March 2021.
Professional Music Career
- Walker was found by a lady with the same name as them who works as the studio manager for Love Renaissance, an Atlanta-based company.
- Walker released her debut commercial mixtape, Last Day of Summer, on October 19, 2018, accompanied by her lead track, “Girls Need Love.” Her album included reflections on love, doubt, and gender.
- She went on tour with 6lack on the From East Atlanta With Love Tour at the close of 2018.
- Following the success of her mixtape, Apple Music named Walker their newest Up Next artist in 2019, and she rose to become the number eight R&B artist globally on Apple Music.
- On January 25, 2019, she released her debut EP, Clear, which consisted of four acoustic recordings.
- On February 27, 2019, she and Drake released a remix to their song “Girls Need Love.”
- Walker released “Playing Games” as the first official single from her debut studio album, Over It, on August 23, 2019.
- London on da Track produced the song, which features an interpolation of Destiny’s Child’s number-one smash “Say My Name.”
- Walker confirmed on September 12 that Over It would be released on October 4 through LVRN and Interscope Records.
- She released the official artwork alongside the announcement of her album.
- With 134,000 units sold in its first week, Over It debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200.
- Its first week was the most successful for an R&B album by a female performer in terms of on-demand audio streams.
- The album also topped the R&B Albums list for 14 consecutive weeks and has yet to fall below number 7 as of July 2020.
- She accompanied Over It on her First and Last Tour, which began on October 20.
- Walker cancelled the remaining 20 of the tour’s 29 performances due to social anxiety, only committing to 9 of them.
- Walker won her first Soul Train Music Award for Best New Artist on November 17, but she afterwards faced flak from fans for her brief statement and was accused of faking her social anxieties.
- Walker worked on a song called “Secret” with American rapper 21 Savage in early 2020.
- She also appeared on Justin Bieber’s remix of Yummy. She was featured on Khalid’s remix of “Eleven” in April 2020.
- Walker announced the release of an EP named Life on Earth on July 10 on June 29.
- She made the statement a day after performing “Session 32” and “Come Thru” with Usher at the 2020 BET Awards, where she was nominated for Best New Artist and Best Female R&B/Pop Artist.
- Walker’s second number one album, Life on Earth, landed at the top of Billboard’s Top R&B Albums list.
- It also debuted at number eight on the Billboard 200, earning her second top ten effort.
- “Let It Go” and “My Affection,” both featuring PartyNextDoor, peaked on the “Billboard” Hot 100 at 84 and 86, respectively.
- The Recording Industry Association of America certified “Come Thru” featuring Usher platinum on August 20.
- A few days later, on August 25, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) certified her song “Body” like gold, “Playing Games” as two-time platinum, and “Girls Need Love” as three-time platinum.
- Walker appeared as a musical guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on September 14, playing “Body” from her first album Over It.
- The performance was praised by music reviewers and fans alike, with Rolling Stone calling it “beatific.”
- Summer won the Billboard Music Award for Best Female R&B Artist at the 2020 Billboard Music Awards on October 14, defeating Beyoncé and Lizzo.
- It was her first Billboard Music Award triumph after three nominations.
- Over It earned her nominations for Top R&B Artist and Top R&B Album.
- On November 23, she released Over It Repackaged, a repackaged version of the Over It album (Complete Edition).
- The repackaged edition of the album includes all 18 songs from the normal version, as well as additional instrumentals, a capella versions, live performances, and other bonus material.
Summer posted to Instagram on March 3, 2020, to share her thoughts on a video on the COVID-19 epidemic. It drew a lot of criticism because some said she was spreading disinformation and was “xenophobic.” When a commenter questioned the veracity of the two-year-old video, she said, “They trifling & nasty af too, so what’s your point?”
Walker has stated that Amy Winehouse, Jimi Hendrix, and Erykah Badu are her musical influences. Slow groove R&B has been characterised as her sound.
Summer Walker Net Worth
Summer Walker’s net worth is believed to be in the $9 million range. Her primary source of income is her musical profession. Walker’s great job has afforded him a luxury lifestyle and several expensive automobiles. She is a well-known R&B vocalist in Atlanta, Georgia.
De Arra And Ken Net Worth, Early Life, Career & Personal Life
Awards and Nominations
|2019||Best New Artist||Herself||Won|
|2019||R&B/Soul Female Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|2019||Song of the Year||“Girls Need Love (Remix)”||Nominated|
|2020||Song of the Year||“Come Thru” (with Usher)||Nominated|
|2020||Best Collaboration||“Come Thru” (with Usher)||Nominated|
|2020||Album of the Year||Over It||Won|
|2020||Best R&B/Soul Female Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|2020||The Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award||“Playing Games”||Nominated|
|2020||Best R&B||“Eleven” (with Khalid)||Nominaated|
|2020||Best New R&B Artist||Herself||Won|
|2020||R&B Artist of the Year||Herself||Nominated|
|2020||R&B Song of the Year||“Girls Need Love” (with Drake)||Nominated|
|2020||Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|2020||Favorite Soul/R&B Album||“Playing Games”||Nominated|
|2020||Favorite Soul/R&B Album||Over It||Nominated|
|2020||Best New Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|2020||Best Female R&B/Pop Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|2020||Top R&B Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|2020||Top R&B Female Artist||Herself||Won|
|2020||Top R&B Album||Over It||Nominated|
|2022||Top R&B Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|2022||Top R&B Female Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|2022||Top R&B Album||Still Over It||Nominated|
|2022||Chart Breaker Award||Herself||Won|
London Tyler Holmes
27 years (11 April 1996)
She is a well-known R&B vocalist in Atlanta, Georgia.