Sumeet Vyas Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Family, Wiki
Sumeet Vyas (born 27 July 1983) is an Indian actor and writer of films, web series, and theatre. His breakthrough role was Mikesh Chaudhary in TVF’s 2014 web series Permanent Roommates. Vyas has since played supporting roles in Bollywood films including the 2015 productions Parched and Guddu Ki Gun, and 2018’s Veere Di Wedding. He has his first starring role in the 2016 drama film Ribbon; his performance was well-received by critics. Apart from acting in films and television programs, Vyas also appears in theatre productions in India.
He is primarily known for his work in the Indian film and television industry. Born on 27 July 1983, he did his schooling from R.D. National College, Mumbai. He gave up his college studies to pursue his passion for acting and writing. The actor rose to fame for portraying the role of “Mikesh Chaudhary” in TVF’s web-series Permanent Roommates. He is famous among the audience for his intense and fun acting skills. He has lakhs of followers on his Instagram account.
Sumeet Vyas Family
He was born in Jodhpur, Rajasthan into a middle-class Brahmin family. His family shifted to Mumbai when he was only 5 years old. His father’s name is B.M Vyas who is a known writer and his mother’s name is Sudha Vyas. She is also a known author. He has a sister named Shruti Vyas who is married to actor Namit Das. His father used to work as a theater artist & writer in NSD (National School of Drama), which inspired him to take up acting as a career. The actor is very close to his family and has worked very hard to make them proud.
Wife/Spouse First-Shivani Tanksale (m. 2010-div. 2017)
Second- Ekta Kaul (Actress)
Children Son- None
Father- B.M Vyas (Writer)
Mother- Sudha Vyas
Sister- Shruti Vyas
Sumeet Vyas Bio/Wiki
Real Name Sumeet Vyas
Profession(s) Actor, Writer
Famous Role “Mikesh Chaudhary” in The Viral Fever (TVF) web series ‘Permanent Roommates’ (2014-16)
Sumeet Vyas Physical Stats
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1”
Weight (approx.) in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
Body Measurements (approx.) – Chest: 40 inches
– Waist: 34 inches
– Biceps: 14 inches
Eye Colour Dark Brown
Hair Colour Black
Sumeet Vyas Personal Life
Date of Birth 27 July 1983
Age (as in 2018) 35 Years
Birthplace Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Leo
Hometown Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
School R.D. National College, Mumbai
Educational Qualification 12th standard
Debut Film: Jashnn (2009)
TV: Woh Hue Na Hamare (2003)
Food Habit Non-Vegetarian
Address An apartment in Yari Road, Mumbai
Hobbies Writing, Travelling, Playing piano & percussion instruments
Sumeet Vyas Favourite Things
Favourite Food Eggs Benedict
Favourite Beverage(s) Coffee, Banana smoothie
Favourite Actor(s) Bollywood- Irrfan Khan, Raghubir Yadav, Pankaj Kapur
Hollywood- Robert De Niro, Joaquin Phoenix
Favourite Actress Alia Bhatt
Favourite Film(s) Bollywood- Agneepath
Hollywood- Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind
Favourite Song “Dil se” from the film ‘Dil Se’
Favourite TV Show(s) Seinfeld, Game of Thrones
Favourite Book The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
Favourite Destination New York
Car Collection Toyota Fortuner
Bike Collection Royal Enfield Bullet 350
Salary Not Known
Sumeet Vyas Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to actress Ekta Kaul. They met and went on dates. It all started with a tweet that Ekta wrote for Sumeet’s show. In due course of time, everything turned into a beautiful love story. They fell in love and never looked back. After dating for a few months, the couple tied the knot on 15th September 2018. It is his second marriage, before Ekta he was married to actress Shivani Tanksale, a Mumbai based theater artist but the couple took divorced after a few years of their happy marriage. Both of them have moved on in their respective lives. The actor is happily married to Ekta and is head over heels in love with her.
Marital Status Married
Affairs/Girlfriends Shivani Tanksale (Actress)
Ekta Kaul (Actress)
Marriage Date(s) Year 2010 (with Shivani Tanksale) 15 September 2018 (with Ekta Kaul)
Marriage Place Jammu (with Ekta Kaul)
Sumeet Career/ Television Shows
He made his television debut with the serial “Who Huye Na Hamare”. Then he starred in TV serial “Rehna Hai Teri Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein” as Karthik. The actor has been actively involved in theater since his early days being an actor. Also, he has been part of many Bollywood movies. Not only in television and Bollywood, but he has also been part of a few popular web series. The actor has experimented a lot with his roles over the years. Here is the list of all the serials and web-series the actor has been part of:
Year Television Shows & Web series Role
2006 Kasamh Se Daksh Randeria
2007 Woh Hue Na Hamare Sameer
2009-10 Rehna Hai Teri Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein Kartik
2011-12 Chandragupta Maurya Ambik Kumar
2014-16 Permanent Roommates Mikesh Chaudhary
2014 Laut Aao Trisha VK
2015 Stories by Rabindranath Tagore Bihari
2015 Bang Baaja Baaraat
2016 Comedy Nights Bachao Himself
2016 TVF Tripling Chandan
2016 Official Chukyagiri D-Sir
2018 Official CEOgiri Dilawar / D-Sir
2019 TVF Tripling Season 2 Chandan
The actor has been part of more than 30 movies. His notable work in Bollywood to date is in the movie “English Winglish” co-starring actress Sridevi. His work has been appreciated by everyone and people loved his piece of work. Here is the list of movies the actor has been part of
Year Movies Role
2011 Aarakshan Teacher
2012 English Vinglish Salman Khan
2012 Neighbours Sumeet
2013 Aurangzeb Vishnu
2013 Oye Teri
2013 Kajarya Nikhil
2014 Blouse Master Ji
2015 Rajasthani Cowboys
2015 Sabki Bajegi Band Amit
2015 Parched Kishan
2015 Guddu Ki Gun Laddu
2016 Maroon Ashish Bharadwaj
2016 Tum Bhi Na
2017 Born Free Samarth
2017 Ribbon Karan Mehra
2018 Camouflage Krishna Singh
2018 Love Per Square Foot
2018 Veere Di Wedding Rishabh Malhotra
2018 High Jack Rakesh
2019 Made in China
Some Known Facts About Sumeet Vyas
- Does Sumeet Vyas smoke?: Yes
- Does Sumeet Vyas drink alcohol?: Yes
- Sumeet was born into a middle-class Rajasthan family who shifted to Mumbai when he was 5 years old.
- As a kid, he wanted to become a pilot or a computer engineer.
- At the age of 16, he started doing theatre and gradually developed an interest in acting.
- His lack of interest in studies can be judged by the fact that he failed in the 8th, 9th, and 12th standard exams.
- Though he was all set to become an engineer, his passion for acting made him gave up on his studies and he started working as an assistant editor in an editing studio at the age of 17.
- His father has worked as a theatre actor and a writer in the National School of Drama (NSD), which inspired him inspired him to become an actor.
- For 6 long years, he worked with Nadira Babbar’s theatre group ‘Ekjute’ and considers her as his acting guru or mentor. Sumeet Vyas doing a theatre play in Ekjute
- Theatre filled up his soul but not his stomach, so he started doing commercials and TV shows to earn some money and simultaneously wrote and directed plays.
- He was first seen in Doordarshan TV’s show ‘Woh Hue Na Hamare’ where he played the role of “Sameer” for which he was paid ₹4000 per day. Sumeet Vyas – Woh Hue Na Hamare
- He came into limelight in Sridevi starring ‘English Vinglish’ (2012), where he played the role of a Pakistani cab driver “Salman Khan” who is trying to learn English in New York.
- Until 2013, he wasn’t much aware of web series and its scope, but when his friend cum actor Kunal Khemu showed him few episodes of TVF web series, which appealed to him so much that he messaged the casting director of TVF to get an opportunity to work with them.
- He rose to fame with his role of “Mikesh Chaudhary” in the TVF web series ‘Permanent Roommates’ (2014-16) on YouTube, opposite Nidhi Singh.
- He co-hosted the Box Cricket League (BCL) in 2016.
- He is a bit obsessed with cleanliness.
- He is an avid biker and often takes road trips.
- His sister Shruti is married to TV actor Namit Das.