Sonam Kapoor is a well-known Indian actress and model of Bollywood. She is mainly known as the daughter of great actor Anil Kapoor. Forbes Magazine has also featured her in its list of top 100 Celebrities based on income and popularity. She is Popularly Known As The Fashionista Icon Of the Indian Film Industry and also received Filmfare And A National Film Award for her acting skills.
Sonam Kapoor was born in a Punjabi Hindu family on 9 June 1985 to legendary actor Anil Kapoor and Sunita Kapoor. Famous director-producer Boney Kapoor and actor Sanjay Kapoor are her uncles, and the great actress late Sridevi is her aunt. Some famous actors like Arjun Kapoor, Ranveer Singh are her cousins. She also has a younger sister Rhea Kapoor, a film producer, and brother Harshvardhan Kapoor, an actor.
Sonam Kapoor had her first relationship with Sahir Berry, an Entrepreneur, and Model. Then she also dated the director Punit Malhotra. After dating some time, Sonam married Entrepreneur Anand Ahuja, on 8 May 2018 in Mumbai. Anand proposed to her in July 2014, which she accepted later.
- Surbhi Chandna Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth, Shows & Wiki
- Juhi Chawla Bio, Husband, Age, Movies, Daughter, Net Worth & Wiki
Sonam Kapoor Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Sonam Kapoor|
|Nick Name||• Sana|
|Age||(as in 2022) 37 Years|
|Debut||Film: Saawariya (2007)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Date of Birth||9 June 1985|
|Residence||31 Shrinagar, 7th Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Reading, Shopping, Playing Video Games, Writing, Collecting Paintings|
|Mother's Name||Sunita Kapoor|
|Father's Name||Anil Kapoor (Actor)|
|Brother||Harshvardhan Kapoor (Younger, Actor)|
|Sister||Rhea Kapoor (Younger, Producer)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Sahir Berry (Entrepreneur, Model)|
• Punit Malhotra (Director)
• Anand Ahuja (Entrepreneur)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||8 May 2018|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir , Juhu, Mumbai|
|College/University||• University of Mumbai, Mumbai|
• University of East London, London
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor's degree in Economics and Political Science|
|Brands Endorsed||• Traworld|
• L’Oréal Paris
• ROMA switches from Anchor by Panasonic
• Kalyan Jewellers
• Oppo Mobile Phones
• CERA Sanitaryware Limited
• Signature International
• MasterCard India
• Anant Diamond
• Spice Mobiles
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg|
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Breast Size||34 inches|
|Hips Size||34 inches|
|Waist Size||26 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Mixed(Panjabi & Sindhi)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||6 US|
|Shoe Size||9 US|
|Tattoos||• On her Wrist: Written "Faith"|
• On Her Hip: Written "Sonam" in the Chinese language
|Cars Collection||• Audi Q7|
• BMW 7 Series
|Favourite Actress||Bollywood: Nutan, Waheeda Rehman, Meena Kumari, Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukerji, Madhuri Dixit|
Hollywood: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Monica Belluci, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn
|Favourite Actors||Bollywood: Anil Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan|
Hollywood: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale
|Favourite Sport||Basketball, Squash|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Devdas, Mr. India, Guide, Kagaaz Ke Phool, Rang De Basanti|
Hollywood: Titanic, Children of Heaven, City of God
|Favourite Directors||Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Imtiaz Ali, Satyajit Ray, Raj Kapoor, Steven Spielberg|
|Favourite Musician||A. R. Rahman|
|Favourite Author||Jane Austen, Enid Blyton, Nancy Drew|
|Favourite Books||Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Emma by Jane Austen, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley|
|Favourite Chef||Anthony Bourdain|
|Favourite Perfumes||Michael by Michael Kors, Jean Paul Gaultier Classique|
|Favourite Designer||Anamika Khanna|
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Destinations||Rome, New York, Paris, London|
Sonam Kapoor completed her schooling from Arya Vidya Mandir, Juhu, Mumbai. Then she received a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Political Science. Later, Sonam went to the University of East London, London, and completed his theater & arts degree from there.
Sonam started her career as an assistant director of the movie ‘Black’ (2005) which was directed by eminent director and producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali. This film won several Filmfare, IIFA, and National Film. Two years later, Sonam made her film debut as an actress with the movie ‘Saawariya’ in 2007, which didn’t get much success.
- Sonal Chauhan Bio, Age, Husband, Hot, Instagram, Wiki & Net Worth
- Rashi Khanna Bio, Age, Husband, Instagram, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
Sonam Kapoor Net Worth
The total net worth of Sonam Kapoor is $13 million USD, which in Indian Currency is INR 84 Crores. Mostly she earned from Brand endorsements for which she charges INR. 1-1.5 Crore per endorsement. Sonam Kapoor bought a luxury home in 2014. The Estimated Value of this Real Estate Property is around INR 24.6 Crores.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$13 million USD|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, Model|
- After the release of her family production film Aisha (2010), her co-actor Abhay Deol publicly expressed his disappointment over the amount of attention given to Sonam rather than other things.
- In 2010, she had a Twitter fight with Columnist Shobhaa De after Shobhaa’s review about Sonam’s film I Hate Luv Storys (2010) by calling it “I Hate Dumb Stories” and further went on to call her ‘a lassie who lacks oomph’, after which Sonam replied her back with the chain of tweets.
- After she was chosen as the brand ambassador for one of the products of L’Oreal, she was excited to walk on the red carpet at Cannes with Aishwarya Bachchan, but Aishwarya refused to walk with her. After this incident, she said, “Ash has worked with my dad so I have to call her aunty”.
- In an interview with film critic Anupama Chopra at the Cannes, when she was asked about Katrina Kaif, she considered Katrina’s success to “a certain kind of shamelessness” in doing “over the top films.”
In the year 2009, Her second movie came where she apeared with the famous actor Abhishek Bachchan in Delhi 6. Sonam Kapoor was being regarded as a superstar after her 2 megahits, Ayesha and I Hate Love Story in 2010. In the following year, she was listed in Forbes list of 100 most famous Indian superstars.
Later, Sonam Kapoor appeared in some average movies including 2011 Thank You Sanjana Malhotra Mausam(2011), Players(2012), Bombay Talkies (2013). She got a huge recognization with the film Raanjhanaa in 2013, which also has famous south actor Dhanush and Abhay Deol.
In 2014, Sonam did the movie Khoobsurat, which was a mild success at the Indian box office. Afterward, Sonam Kapoor played the leading role of a princess in the movie ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ which was considered amongst one of the top-grossing movies in Bollywood.
Sonam Kapoor starter Neerja become a huge household for him. This movie is a biopic of Neerja Bhanot, Sonam played the role of Neerja Bhanot, who died while saving passengers on Pan Am Flight 73. Sonam won National Filmfare Award for it. After that, she also did a lead role in Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga along with her father Anil Kapoor.
|2010||I Hate Luv Storys|
Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
|2015||Dolly Ki Doli|
Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
Veere Di Wedding
|2019||Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga|
The Zoya Factor
Music Video List
|2016||Hymn for the Weekend|
Facts About Sonam Kapoor
- Does Sonam Kapoor drink alcohol? Yes
- Does Sonam Kapoor smoke? No
- She was born in Mumbai to a Sindhi mother and Punjabi father.
- Despite belonging to a well-civilized family, she has led a normal life and has also worked as a waitress to make out her pocket money while studying.
- She loves dancing and has also taken lessons of classical Indian dance and is a trained Kathak, Classical and Latin dancer.
- Sonam wrote a poem titled Ambition at the age of 16, which she decided to give to her soulmate.
- She wasn’t interested in acting due to her overweight.
- Earlier, her weight was around 90 kg, but later she lost around 30 kg of weight for her debut film Saawariya (2007), opposite Ranbir Kapoor.
- After her debut, she bought a designer bag for herself from Selfridges, London, as she has never taken any designer items from her parents.
- She vowed not to marry an actor.
- She had a fight with her co-actor Abhay Deol during the shooting of Aisha, after which, they both decided not to work together again in the future.
- Sonam is considered as the Fashionista or style-icon of Bollywood due to her updated sense of styling.
- She has also appeared in Coldplay’s music video, and she is the only Bollywood actress to appear in Coldplay.
- Sonam Kapoor is a philanthropist and supports many charitable organizations. She participated in the IIFA Fashion Show, which helps widows and orphans of Indian Film Industry workers.
- She is the brand ambassador of the Elle Breast Cancer Campaign.
- Sonam Kapoor had a tongue piercing before and had to remove that for her debut role.
- She has Acrophobia (fear of height) and conquered her fear by doing skydiving in New Zealand.
Is Sonam Kapoor is diabetic?
She was detected with type 1 diabetes at the age of 17. Along with taking proper medications, the actress also does exercise regularly. She follows a healthy diet and is also a strict vegetarian.
Who is more beautiful, Kareena or Sonam Kapoor?
Kareena. There’s a natural spark in her, and she knows how to slay even without makeup and in simple clothes. Sonam, on the other hand, tries to work to create a headline. It’s all rehearsed and tried. Bebo goes with the flow.
Who invites Sonam Kapoor to Cannes every year?
L’Oréal is one of the biggest personal care brands in the world and has some of the top models & actresses, representing it as brand ambassadors. Every year L’Oréal gets all its brand ambassadors to Cannes. This is primarily why Sonam Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai keep going to Cannes without any movies being screened.
Who is the best actress between Sonam Kapoor, and Alia Bhatt?
Alia Bhatt is a better actress than Sonam Kapoor. Alia Bhatt is the most talented, spontaneous, brilliant, and versatile actress of the present generation. She has acted exceedingly well not only in commercial movies such as ‘Student of the Year’, ‘2 States’, ‘Kapoor & Sons’ but also in critically acclaimed movies such as ‘Highway’, ‘Udta Punjab’, ‘Dear Zindagi’, ‘Raazi’, ‘Gully Boy’ etc. to name a few. She is simply brilliant in emotional scenes. Her portrayal as a simple small-town girl character is awesome in ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ and ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’. She portrays every character convincingly and impresses the audience with her performance. Sonam Kapoor, on the other hand, is not as brilliant as Alia Bhatt. In my opinion, Sonam Kapoor has been good at ‘Neerja’ and ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’. She might become a better actress in the near future.