The Peruvian professional footballer Andy Jorman Polo Andrade (born on 29 September 1994) more famously known as La Joya (The Jewel) plays as a winger for Universitario and the Peru national team. Polo made his professional debut at the age of 16 with the Peruvian club Universitario in the 2011 season. It was Polo’s ability to accelerate quickly and score goals that made him a household name. Having the ability to play any of the four attacking positions, he quickly became a valuable member of his team’s attacking force in his first season.
He contributed to the victory of the Universitario under-20 squad in the 2011 Copa Libertadores as the team’s top scorer. The child was born to his father Amador Polo and his mother Marisol Andrade. Previously played for Portland Timbers, Morelia, Universitario, Millonarios, Inter Milan, Universidad de San Martin, and Genoa. MLS suspended Andy on 9th February 2022 pending an investigation into allegations of domestic violence made by his ex-wife. The Portland Timbers terminated his contract on the 10th of February.
Andy Polo Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Andy Polo. It gives you the ability to read through the Peruvian footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Andy Jorman Polo Andrade|
|Nickname/ Popular Name/ Shirt Name||La Joya (The Jewel)|
|Age||28 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Libra|
|Birth Place||Lima, Peru|
|Date of Birth||29 September 1994|
|Home Town||Lima, Peru|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Marisol Andrade|
|Father's Name||Amador Polo|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Daughter(s)- 2- Names Not Available|
|School||Universitario youth academy|
|College/University||Universitario youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||--|
|Debut For Current Club Team||• 2022: Universitario de Deportes|
|Debut For Current Senior International Team||• 2011: Peru national football team|
|Jersey Number (2022-23)||• 99 (Universitario de Deportes)|
• 7 (Peru national football team)
|Current Teams||• Universitario de Deportes|
• Peru national football team
|Position||Forward - Right Winger|
|Achievements||Universitario de Deportes U20|
• U-20 Copa Libertadores: 2011
• MLS is Back Tournament: 2020
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5'8"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg|
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||31 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Peruvian|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||7 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||9 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Andy Polo Net Worth
In 2022, what will Andy Polo’s salary be?
In May 2022 Andy Polo signed a contract with Universitario de Deportes that netted him a whopping salary of £133,620 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £367 per day and £15 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$1 Million|
|SALARY UPDATE 2022||His current club salary and several other earnings are included in the salary data below.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£133,620|
|Per Month Salary||£11,135|
|Per Week Salary||£2,570|
|Per Day Salary||£367|
|Per Hour Salary||£15|
|Per Minute Salary||£0.25|
|Current Contract||With Universitario de Deportes|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Mar 21, 2022|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||--|
|Market Value||$990 Thousand|
|Highest Market Value||$2.20 Million (Dec 18, 2020)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Andy Polo has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 Million, and his market value is about $990 thousand.
Andy Polo FIFA 22 – Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Andy Polo has an overall rating of 68 with a potential of 68. Andy Polo has got a 3-star skillmoves rating.
Andy Polo FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|58||Heading Accuracy||45||FK Accuracy|
|65||Short Passing||61||Long Passing|
|52||Defensive Awareness||61||Sliding Tackle|
He prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrates are Medium / High. Andy Polo’s height is 173 cm and his weight is estimated at 70 kg according to our database. Currently, Andy Polo is playing with the numbers 99 and 7.
Universitario de Deportes
- Polo began his athletic career at the Universitario de Deportes in his youth.
- In the ninth round of the 2011 Descentralizado season, at the age of 16, he made his debut in the Torneo Descentralizado against Alianza Atletico.
- His debut match was played at home in the Monumental and ended in a 1–0 victory for Universitario de Deportes.
- At the end of the second half, Polo was substituted for Ral Ruidaz, who played from the start.
- Polo scored his first senior career goal at home against Cienciano del Cuzco in his second professional match on 6 May 2011.
- In the eighth minute of the match, he scored his first goal by controlling with his head a lobbed through ball from Pablo Vitti and scoring with a powerful left-footed shot.
- Polo earned a start in the starting eleven within a short period of time and played in the following league matches.
- With a score of 3–0 at home against Unión Comercio in round 15, Andy was once again on the scoresheet.
- On 28 May 2011, he made his debut in the first round of the Torneo Intermedio (now known as the Copa Inca). Polo entered the match in the 46th minute after Universitario had started the game with players from its reserves and had already fallen two goals behind, but he could not prevent his team from being eliminated 3–2 by Rosas Pampa Stadium in Huaraz.
- In the midst of the mid-season break, Polo, 16, was selected by manager Javier Chirinos to represent the under-20 Universitario squad in the inaugural U-20 Copa Libertadores of 2011.
- During the course of six games, Andy acquired three goals, making him the team’s leading scorer. Together with notable players such as Edison Flores and Willyan Mimbela, Polo helped his side win the first U-20 Copa Libertadores.
- Polo was included in Chirinos’ starting eleven in all matches, including the final against Boca Juniors, which his team won 4-2 on penalties.
- On 1 September 2011, Polo made his international debut in the second round of the Copa Sudamericana against Deportivo Anzoategui.
- During the first leg, he started the game and assisted Johan Fano’s winning goal in the 49th minute, giving his club a 2–1 victory.
- He was voted man of the match after providing an assist for Raul Ruidiaz’s goal in the 1-1 draw away from Godoy Cruz in the first leg match on the day of his 17th birthday.
- Against Godoy Cruz in the second leg of the Copa Sudamericana, Polo scored his first goal in his fourth match of the tournament.
- In the 85th minute, he headed in Edison Flores’ cross, forcing the match to a penalty shootout, which Universitario won 3–2.
- Polo was presented with the Breakthrough Player Award at the conclusion of the 2011 Torneo Descentralizado season.
Polo was signed by Italian giants Internazionale on a short-term contract on 31 January 2014 for an undisclosed fee.
Polo was purchased by Millionaires in 2014 and he had a three-year contract with the option of purchasing the remaining 50%.
In 11 games, he scored two goals before being loaned to Universitario, where he won the 2016 Apertura Tournament.
Polo moved to Mexico in January 2017 and was signed by Monarcas Morelia.
Andy Polo At Portland Timbers And Suspension By MLS
- A loan agreement was signed by Polo with Portland Timbers of Major League Soccer in January 2018.
- A designated player contract was avoided by using Targeted Allocation Money.
- In the opening round of the 2018 MLS season, he made his professional debut. As the Timbers lost 2–1 to LA Galaxy at the StubHub Center, he started the game.
- At the conclusion of the 2018 season, Polo made its move to Portland permanent, earning a guaranteed salary of $150,000 per season.
- MLS suspended Polo on 9 February 2022 pending an investigation into allegations of domestic violence made by his ex-wife. Polo’s contract with Portland was terminated the following day.
Return to Universitario de Deportes
- Polo signed with Universitario in March 2022 after being terminated by the Timbers.
- In the event that his contract with Timbers was terminated, the MLS paid the contract in full.
- In spite of his return, his fans and the Peruvian Ministry of Women and Vulnerable Populations reacted negatively, with the Ministry releasing a statement expressing their solidarity with Genesis Alarcon and her children and urging the club to act immediately in response to Andy Polo’s incident.
The Peruvian national team named him to its squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia in May 2018.
Andy Polo is 28 years old as of 2022.
Andy Polo is 173 cm or 5 ft 8 in tall.
Andy Polo’s preferred foot is right.
Andy Polo is from Peru.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Andy Polo worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Andy Polo has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Peruvian footballer. Hopefully, Andy Polo’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Andy Polo.