The Mexican footballer Erick Gabriel Gutierrez Galaviz (born 15 June 1995) plays as a midfielder for the Eredivisie club PSV Eindhoven and the Mexico national team. Both his youth and senior careers were spent at Pachuca, where he won the 2016 Clausura and the 2016–17 CONCACAF Champions League. As a 20-year-old, he was named captain of his team for the 2015–2016 season. He will be signed by PSV Eindhoven in August 2018.
During his youth career, Gutiérrez has played for the Mexican national football team at multiple levels, including the U-20 side that won the 2015 CONCACAF U-20 Championship, the 2015 CONCACAF Men’s Olympic Qualifying Championship, and the U-23 team that participated in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Moreover, he was a member of the senior team that participated in the 2018 FIFA World Cup. His career began as a defensive midfielder until then-Pachuca manager Diego Alonso opted to play him in more advanced positions. He can also play as a deep-lying playmaker and as a holding midfielder.
An intelligent, creative, and versatile player, he is capable of reading the game, making key passes, excellent positioning, linking play together with his technical ability and vision on the ball, denying opposing advances, shooting from long range, and dribbling from deep. He possesses superb positioning, links play together using his technical ability and vision on the ball, and denies opposing advances. As a captain for both the Mexico U-20 team as well as his former club, Pachuca, he has demonstrated his maturity and composure despite his young age. Compatriot Andres Guardado has been compared to him.
Erick Gutierrez Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Erick Gutierrez. It gives you the ability to read through the Mexican footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Érick Gabriel Gutiérrez Galaviz|
|Nickname/ Popular Name/ Shirt Name||Erick Gutierrez|
|Age||27 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Ahome, Sinaloa, Mexico|
|Date of Birth||15 June 1995|
|Residence||Ahome, Sinaloa, Mexico|
|Home Town||Ahome, Sinaloa, Mexico|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||María de los Ángeles Galaviz|
|Father's Name||Jesús Gutiérrez|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Jacqueline Osuna (to be)|
|Children||Daughter(s)- 1- Name Not Available|
Son(s)- 1- Name Not Available
|School||Pachuca youth academy|
|College/University||Pachuca youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||CANTERA LATINA / MATIAS BUNGE|
|Debut For Current Club Team||• 2018: PSV Eindhoven|
|Debut For Current Senior International Team||• 2016: Mexico national football team|
|Jersey Number (2022-23)||• 15 (PSV Eindhoven)|
• 14 (Mexico national football team)
|Current Teams||• PSV Eindhoven|
• Mexico national football team
|Coach/Mentor/Manager||Ruud van Nistelrooy|
|Position||Midfielder - Central Midfield|
• Liga MX: Clausura 2016
• CONCACAF Champions League: 2016–17
• KNVB Cup: 2021–22
• Johan Cruyff Shield: 2022
• CONCACAF U-20 Championship: 2015
• CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship: 2015
• CONCACAF Gold Cup: 2019
• CONCACAF U-20 Championship Best XI: 2015
• Liga MX Best XI: Clausura 2016
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5'10"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg|
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Mexican|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||6 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||9 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Erick Gutierrez Net Worth
In 2022, what will Erick Gutierrez’s salary be?
In Aug 2018 Erick Gutierrez signed a contract with PSV Eindhoven that ended in 2025 that netted him a whopping salary of £1,564,890 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £4,300 per day and £179 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$1 Million|
|SALARY UPDATE 2022||His current club salary and several other earnings are included in the salary data below.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£1,564,890|
|Per Month Salary||£130,407|
|Per Week Salary||£30,094|
|Per Day Salary||£4,300|
|Per Hour Salary||£179|
|Per Minute Salary||£3|
|Current Contract||With PSV Eindhoven|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Aug 30, 2018|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025 (Date of last contract extension: Aug 10, 2022)|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$6.60 Million|
|Market Value||$7.70 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$8.25 Million (Aug 23, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Erick Gutierrez has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 Million, and his market value is about $7.70 million.
Erick Gutierrez FIFA 22 – Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Erick Gutierrez has an overall rating of 76 with a potential of 77. Alvarez has got a 3-star skillmoves rating.
Erick Gutierrez FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|54||Heading Accuracy||67||FK Accuracy|
|78||Short Passing||77||Long Passing|
|71||Defensive Awareness||67||Sliding Tackle|
He prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrates are Medium / Medium. Erick Gutierrez’s height is 178 cm and his weight is estimated at 70 kg according to our database. Currently, Erick Gutierrez is playing with the numbers 15 and 14.
- At the age of 12, Gutierrez joined Pachuca of Liga MX.
- A right-back by trade, he moved to midfield in his early career.
- In a 0–0 draw against Cruz Azul on 26 October 2013, he made his debut as a starter. During that season, he made 10 more appearances, including four more starts.
- Diego Alonso made him a permanent starter for the 2014–15 Liga MX season.
- On 7 February 2015, Gutiérrez scored his first Liga MX goal in a 1-1 draw at home against Toluca.
- After only 70 league matches, Gutiérrez became Pachuca’s captain at the age of 20.
- He was named to the Clausura 2016 Best XI.
- During his time at the club, he made 144 league appearances.
- Gutierrez signed a five-year contract with PSV Eindhoven on 29 August 2018, joining international teammate Hirving Lozano. The number 25 was given to him.
- Gutiérrez made his debut for PSV against ADO on 15 September; he assisted Lozano’s goal and scored himself in their 7–0 away win.
- A few days later, he made his UEFA Champions League debut against Barcelona, replacing Pablo Rosario in the 82nd minute.
- In the second round match against RKC Waalwijk on 30 October, he scored his first KNVB Cup goal, but PSV lost 3–2.
- He got the number 15 jersey the following season.
- After picking up a hand injury while training with the national team, he came on as a sub and scored the fourth goal in a 4–0 win over PEC Zwolle.
- Gutiérrez only played 150 minutes during the entire Eredivisie season in 2020–2021.
- He got more important for PSV in the following season, playing more games and scoring a goal in the KNVB Cup Final.
- Gutiérrez signed a contract extension with PSV until 2025 on 11 August 2022.
- Just one day earlier, he scored in the team’s 4–3 aggregate victory over AS Monaco.
- Gutiérrez was called up by Sergio Almaguer’s under-20 team for the 2015 CONCACAF U-20 Championship.
- Even though he only played four matches out of six, Mexico won the tournament and earned a spot in the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand. He’ll also be on the tournament’s Best XI.
- Mexico failed to advance from the group stage of the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup under his leadership.
- A CONCACAF Men’s Olympic Qualifying Championship was selected by Gutiérrez on 18 September 2015.
- Additionally, he was selected to represent Mexico at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- He scored four goals as Mexico beat Fiji 5–1 in the second group stage match after the former had taken the lead.
- Despite being named to Mexico’s provisional squad for the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Gutiérrez did not make the final 23-man squad.
- In February 2016, he was named to Mexico’s squad for a friendly against Senegal. In a 1–0 friendly victory against Panama on 11 October 2016, he made his senior national team debut.
- During the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Gutiérrez appeared in all group stage games, including the semi-final in which Mexico lost 1–0 to Jamaica.
- Gutiérrez was named to Mexico’s preliminary World Cup squad in May 2018.
- Injuries to Diego Reyes resulted in him being selected as a replacement for the final 23.
- In addition to being included on Gerardo Martino’s preliminary roster, he was also included on the final roster for the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- He would only play in the second group stage match against Canada, while a starter would miss two weeks with a hamstring injury.
- After defeating its rivals in the United States, Mexico would win the tournament.
- Against the United States in a friendly in September, he scored his first international goal.
On April 12, 2016, Erick Gutierrez was sidelined for 25 days due to a muscular injury. In total, he missed three games during his tenure.
He was down for 141 days after his injury on August 12, 2020. Erick missed 23 games during that period.
In regards to his recent injury, Erick was on the injured list for 49 days beginning April 9, 2021. A total of six games were missed by him.
Erick Gutierrez is 177 cm or 5 ft 10 in tall.
Erick Gutierrez is 27 years old as of 2022.
Erick Gutierrez’s preferred foot is left.
Erick Gutierrez is from Mexico.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Erick Gutierrez worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Erick Gutierrez has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Mexican footballer. Hopefully, Erick Gutierrez’s childhood story has made you believe patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Erick Gutierrez.