Sidharth Malhotra Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Family, Wiki
Sidharth Malhotra (born 16 January 1985) is an Indian actor who appears in Hindi films. Malhotra began a career as a model at the age of 18. Dissatisfied by the profession, he went on to work as an assistant director to Karan Johar in the 2010 film My Name Is Khan. He made his acting debut with a leading role in Johar’s teen drama Student of the Year (2012), for which he received a Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut nomination.
Malhotra played an aspiring businessman in the comedy-drama Hasee Toh Phasee (2014), a hardened criminal in the romantic thriller Ek Villain (2014), and an aspiring author in the family drama Kapoor & Sons (2016). The latter two rank among Malhotra’s highest-grossing films. He followed this initial success by starring in a series of films that did not perform well at the box office.
Sidharth Malhotra Family
Actor Sidharth Malhotra was born on 16 January 1985 in Delhi. He was born into a Punjabi Hindu Family. His father Sunil Malhotra was a former caption in the Merchant Navy by profession and his mother Rimma Malhotra was a homemaker. He has one sibling Harshad Malhotra who is Banker.
Father- Sunil Malhotra (Former Captain in Merchant Navy)
Mother- Rimma Malhotra (Homemaker)
Brother- Harshad Malhotra (Elder, Banker)
Sidharth Malhotra Bio/Wiki
Real Name Sidharth Malhotra
Profession(s) Actor, Model
Role Model Shah Rukh Khan
Sidharth Malhotra Physical Stats
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1”
Weight (approx.) in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
Body Measurements (approx.) – Chest: 42 inches
– Waist: 30 inches
– Biceps: 16 inches
Eye Colour Brown
Hair Colour Black
Sidharth Malhotra Personal Life
Date of Birth 16 January 1985
Age (as in 2018) 33 Years
Birthplace Delhi, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Capricorn
Signature/Autograph Sidharth Malhotra Autograph
Hometown Delhi, India
School(s) Don Bosco School, Delhi
Navy Children School, Delhi
College/University Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi
Educational Qualification B.Com (Hons.)
Debut Film: Student of the Year (2012)
TV: Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan (2006)
Food Habit Non-Vegetarian
Address Plush Apartment in Mumbai
Hobbies Gymming, Drawing Cartoons
Awards 2013: Stardust Award for Most Promising Debut Male, South Africa India Film and Television Award for Debut Actor of the Year—Male for Student of the Year
2014: BIG Star Entertainment Award for Entertainer of the Year, Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Film – Male for Hasee Toh Phasee
• He sued his two fans for Rs 10 Crores. Two siblings from Delhi opened a fan club website of Siddharth and started selling merchandise and t-shirts too in the star’s name. Alia
• He attracted controversy when, on a talk show, he commented on Madhuri Dixit that he would love to take her on the bed.
Sidharth Malhotra Girlfriend/Wife
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Girlfriends Alia Bhatt (Actor)
Sidharth Malhotra Favourite Things
Favourite Food(s) Jalebi, Hot Chocolate Fudge, Sushi, Biryani and Chicken Roll Munch
Favourite Actor(s) Bollywood: Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan
Hollywood: George Clooney, Johnny Depp
Favourite Actresses Kajol, Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif
Favourite Film(s) Bollywood: Agneepath, Andaz Apna Apna, Chupke Chupke, Sholay, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
Hollywood: Indiana Jones, The Lord of the Ring series, Good Will Hunting
Favourite Director(s) Imtiaz Ali, Rajkumar Hirani, Zoya Akhtar
Favourite Colour(s) Black, White
Favourite Sport Rugby
Favourite Perfume Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch
Favourite Destination(s) New York, Goa
Cars Collection Mercedes Benz ML-Class ML 250
Salary (approx.) ₹3-5 Crore/film
Net Worth (approx.) ₹67 Crore ($10 Million)
Sidharth Malhotra Career
Sidharth Malhotra was born on 16 January 1985 into a Punjabi Family of Delhi, India. He did his schooling from Don Bosco School and Birla Vidhya Niketan. Sidharth did graduation from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi. He used to take part in school functions and events. He started modeling at the age of 16. Sidharth did a role of a younger brother of Prithvi Raj Chauhan in television serial Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan. He also worked for renowned International Designer Roberto Cavalli’s advertisement campaign. Actor Sidharth Malhotra also worked for popular magazines like Redbook, Gladrags, and Men’s Health.
Sidharth was a successful model at that time but he quite profession because he wants to explore his career in acting. he auditioned for Anubhav Sinha’s movie but the movie was canceled later due to some reason. Then he worked as an assistant director with Karan Johar for the movie My Name is Khan in 2010.
In 2012, Sidharth Malhotra did his first acting debut through Karan Johar’s Student of the Year. He featured as Abhi who is a scholar student of college along with Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan. It became a very successful movie for him as the first appearance in acting. He received South Africa India Film and Television Award for Most Promising Newcomer-Male.
In 2014, he did an Indian romantic movie Hasee Toh Phasee with co-starring Parineeti Chopra and Adah Sharma. Moreover, the same year, he appeared in another movie Ek Villian along with Shraddha Kapoor and Ritesh Deshmukh. Additionally, Ek Villian became commercially successful with revenues over ₹1 billion. Following year, He again appeared in a remake of Warrior named Brothers along with Akashy Kumar and Jacqueline Fernandez and Jackie Shroff.
Career from 2016 to present
In 2016-17 he did movies like Kapoor & Sons, Baar Baar Dekho, Gentleman, and Ittefaq. Movie Kapoor & Sons were along with Rishi Kapoor, Rajat Kapoor, and Fawad Khan. In the movie Baar Baar Dekho, he did the role of Mathematician who travels in time with co-starring Katrina Kaif. Both movies were a less commercial success in the box office. His movie Gentleman along with Jacqueline received mixed reviews from the critics. It was both critical and commercial flop of that year.
For the movie Ittefaq, Sidharth Malhotra received a huge appreciation for his acting but was commercially unsuccessful.
In 2018, Sidharth did movie Aiyaary along with Rakul Preet Singha and Manoj Bajpayee. Moreover, It was produced by Shital Bhatia and under the banners of Friday Films.
In 2019-20, He is playing a lead role in movies like Jabariya Jodi, Slingshot, Vikram Batra Biopic, Marjaavaan, Aashiqui 3, Bade Miya Chhote Miya Remake, Priceless Remake, Dostana 2, Ek Villian 2. In the movie Jabariya Jodi, he featured with Parineeti Chopra and Aparshakti Khurana. Also, in the movie Vikram Batra Biopic, Sidharth is acting with Katrina Kaif, Moreover, in Indian Romantic Film, Marjaavaa, Sidharth Malhotra featured with Rakul Preet Singh, Nushrat Bharucha, Tara Sutaria and Riteish Deshmukh. Again, Sidharth is featured with Actress Alia Bhatt in Indian romantic movie Aashiqui 3. In a movie, Bade Miya Chote Miya, again he is co-starring with Akshay Kumar. Moreover, he is playing a lead male role in the movie Priceless along with Anushka Sharma. He is doing a comedy movie Dostana 2 along with Jahnvi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, and Abhay Deol. Also, Kriti Sanon and Sidharth Malhotra together featured in an upcoming movie Ek Villian 2.
Some Known Facts About Sidharth Malhotra
- Does Sidharth Malhotra Smoke?: No
- Does Sidharth Malhotra Drink Alcohol?: Yes Sidharth Malhotra Drinking
- Since his childhood, he has been interested in drama and often participated in dance and drama shows.
- His parents wanted him to become an engineer, but he had no interest in studies, instead, he was inclined towards sports.
- He used to play rugby for a club in Delhi.
- At the age of 16, he made a headstart towards his acting career with Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan aired on Star Plus, in which he played the role of Jaichand (younger Prithvi Raj Chauhan’s brother).
- After his TV show, he tried out his luck in modeling and faced rejections multiple times.
- He shot to fame after working for the renowned international designer Roberto Cavalli’s advertisement campaigns and then he got back-to-back features on several magazines like Redbook, Gladrags, and Men’s Health.
- In 2007, he won the Mr. Gujarat title, and also was the second runner-up in the Gladrags mega-model competition.
- At the age of 22, he auditioned for Anubhav Sinha’s film and got selected, for which he shifted to Mumbai, but the film got shelved.
- He has faced a lot of struggle in his life; as he also worked as a clapper boy in the making of film Ra.One.
- Prior to joining the film industry, he worked as an assistant director in movies-“Dostana” and “My Name Is Khan.”
- Famous Designer Manish Malhotra helped him a lot in his initial struggling days. Sidharth Malhotra as assistant director of My Name is Khan
- In 2008, he was supposed to make his Bollywood debut with the film Fashion, opposite Priyanka Chopra, but due to his contract with Gladrags, it couldn’t happen.
- He is so much addicted to hot chocolate that he used to take money from his granny by telling a lie that he wanted it for something and used to spend it on hot chocolate every time.
- Sid was a big fan of Shah Rukh‘s DDLJ’s hairdo that he used to roam around with that hairstyle in his school.
- He made a dashing entry into Bollywood with his debut film “Student of the Year (SOTY).” During the shoot of the film, he dated a South African girl.
- In 2014, his film “Ek Villain” received great laurels from the audience. Moreover, Salman Khan loved the movie and gifted him with a watch. Sidharth Malhotra In Ek Villain
- For his film Brothers, he gained around 10 kg of weight to match the physique of Akshay Kumar, not only this, but he also used to bathe with ice-cold water.
- He told in an interview that chocolate is his weakness. He can work out more, but can’t live without it.
- He is a dog lover and has a pet boxer, and he also campaigns for the animal welfare NGO, PETA.