Sidharth Malhotra is an Indian actor who appears in Hindi films. Malhotra began a career as a model at the age of 18. Dissatisfied by the profession, he went on to work as an assistant director to Karan Johar in the 2010 film My Name Is Khan. He made his acting debut with a leading role in Johar’s teen drama Student of the Year (2012), for which he received a Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut nomination.
Malhotra played an aspiring businessman in the comedy-drama Hasee Toh Phasee (2014), a hardened criminal in the romantic thriller Ek Villain (2014), and an aspiring author in the family drama Kapoor & Sons (2016). The latter two rank among Malhotra’s highest-grossing films. He followed this initial success by starring in a series of films that did not perform well at the box office.
Sidharth Malhotra Bio/ Wiki
[table id=1437 /]
Sidharth Malhotra was born on 16 January 1985 in Delhi, India. He was born into a Punjabi Hindu Family. His father Sunil Malhotra was a former caption in the Merchant Navy by profession and his mother Rimma Malhotra was a homemaker. He has one sibling Harshad Malhotra who is Banker.
He did his schooling from Don Bosco School and Birla Vidhya Niketan. Sidharth did graduation from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi. He used to take part in school functions and events.
Sidharth Malhotra Net Worth
According to various online sources, Sidharth Malhotra’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Sidharth Malhotra in 2023?
[table id=1438 /]
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Movies – Career
- He started modeling at the age of 16. Sidharth did a role of a younger brother of Prithvi Raj Chauhan in television serial Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan.
- He also worked for renowned International Designer Roberto Cavalli’s advertisement campaign. Actor Sidharth Malhotra also worked for popular magazines like Redbook, Gladrags, and Men’s Health.
- Sidharth was a successful model at that time but he quite profession because he wants to explore his career in acting. he auditioned for Anubhav Sinha’s movie but the movie was canceled later due to some reason. Then he worked as an assistant director with Karan Johar for the movie My Name is Khan in 2010.
- In 2012, Sidharth Malhotra did his first acting debut through Karan Johar’s Student of the Year. He featured as Abhi who is a scholar student of college along with Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan. It became a very successful movie for him as the first appearance in acting. He received South Africa India Film and Television Award for Most Promising Newcomer-Male.
- In 2014, he did an Indian romantic movie Hasee Toh Phasee with co-starring Parineeti Chopra and Adah Sharma. Moreover, the same year, he appeared in another movie Ek Villian along with Shraddha Kapoor and Ritesh Deshmukh.
- In 2016-17 he did movies like Kapoor & Sons, Baar Baar Dekho, Gentleman, and Ittefaq. Movie Kapoor & Sons were along with Rishi Kapoor, Rajat Kapoor, and Fawad Khan. In the movie Baar Baar Dekho, he did the role of Mathematician who travels in time with co-starring Katrina Kaif.
- For the movie Ittefaq, Sidharth Malhotra received a huge appreciation for his acting but was commercially unsuccessful.
- In 2018, Sidharth did movie Aiyaary along with Rakul Preet Singha and Manoj Bajpayee. Moreover, It was produced by Shital Bhatia and under the banners of Friday Films.
- In 2019-20, He is playing a lead role in movies like Jabariya Jodi, Slingshot, Vikram Batra Biopic, Marjaavaan, Aashiqui 3, Bade Miya Chhote Miya Remake, Priceless Remake, Dostana 2, Ek Villian 2. In the movie Jabariya Jodi, he featured with Parineeti Chopra and Aparshakti Khurana.
- Does Sidharth Malhotra Smoke?: No
- Does Sidharth Malhotra Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Since his childhood, he has been interested in drama and often participated in dance and drama shows.
- His parents wanted him to become an engineer, but he had no interest in studies, instead, he was inclined towards sports.
- He used to play rugby for a club in Delhi.
- At the age of 16, he made a headstart towards his acting career with Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan aired on Star Plus, in which he played the role of Jaichand (younger Prithvi Raj Chauhan’s brother).
- After his TV show, he tried out his luck in modeling and faced rejections multiple times.
- He shot to fame after working for the renowned international designer Roberto Cavalli’s advertisement campaigns and then he got back-to-back features on several magazines like Redbook, Gladrags, and Men’s Health.
- In 2007, he won the Mr. Gujarat title, and also was the second runner-up in the Gladrags mega-model competition.
- At the age of 22, he auditioned for Anubhav Sinha’s film and got selected, for which he shifted to Mumbai, but the film got shelved.
- He has faced a lot of struggle in his life; as he also worked as a clapper boy in the making of film Ra.One.
- Prior to joining the film industry, he worked as an assistant director in movies-“Dostana” and “My Name Is Khan.”
- Famous Designer Manish Malhotra helped him a lot in his initial struggling days. Sidharth Malhotra as assistant director of My Name is Khan
- In 2008, he was supposed to make his Bollywood debut with the film Fashion, opposite Priyanka Chopra, but due to his contract with Gladrags, it couldn’t happen.
- He is so much addicted to hot chocolate that he used to take money from his granny by telling a lie that he wanted it for something and used to spend it on hot chocolate every time.
- Sid was a big fan of Shah Rukh‘s DDLJ’s hairdo that he used to roam around with that hairstyle in his school.
- He made a dashing entry into Bollywood with his debut film “Student of the Year (SOTY).” During the shoot of the film, he dated a South African girl.
- In 2014, his film “Ek Villain” received great laurels from the audience. Moreover, Salman Khan loved the movie and gifted him with a watch. Sidharth Malhotra In Ek Villain
- For his film Brothers, he gained around 10 kg of weight to match the physique of Akshay Kumar, not only this, but he also used to bathe with ice-cold water.
- He told in an interview that chocolate is his weakness. He can work out more, but can’t live without it.
- He is a dog lover and has a pet boxer, and he also campaigns for the animal welfare NGO, PETA.
How Old Is Sidharth Malhotra?
Who Is the Father Of Sidharth Malhotra?
How Tall Is Sidharth Malhotra?