Shrien Dewani is a multimillionaire businessman from Bristol, England. In November 2010, he was charged with the murder of his wife Anni Dewani. Anni was assassinated by two shooters after their leased taxi was abducted on their honeymoon in South Africa on November 13, 2010.
Shrien Dewani was born in Bristol, United Kingdom on Saturday, December 29, 1979 (age 41 as of 2021). Capricorn is his astrological sign. He received his schooling at Bristol Grammar School in Bristol, England. He then pursued a master’s degree in Economics at the University of Manchester in England.
Shrien Dewani Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Shrien Dewani|
|Nick Name||Shrien Dewani|
|Age||41 years (as in 2023)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||Mariestad, Sweden|
|Residence||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Home Town||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Mother's Name||Snila Dewani|
|Father's Name||Prakash Dewani|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Anni Dewani|
• Gledison Lopez Martins
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||29 October 2010|
|School||Bristol Grammar School|
|College/University||University of Manchester|
|Educational Qualifications||• School Education at Bristol Grammar School, Brisstol, England|
• Graduation in Economics at the University of Manchester, England
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Weight (Approx.)||55 Kg|
Thomas Davidson Net Worth, Age, Height, Family, Career & Wiki
Parents and Siblings
Prakash Dewani, Shrien Dewani’s father, is the founder of PSP Healthcare, a home care firm established in the United Kingdom. Snila Dewani is his mother’s name. Preyen Dewani is his brother, and Preyer Dewani is his sister.
From 2009 to 2010, Shrien Dewani was in a relationship with Anni Dewani. Shrien Dewani married Anni Dewani on October 29, 2010. Shrien Dewani signed with Gledison Lopez Martins, a London-based Brazilian photographer, in 2018.
Shrien Dewani is from a well-known and wealthy business family in Bristol, United Kingdom. His father, Prakash Dewani, was a meticulous pharmacist with extensive business experience who started the home care facility organisation ‘PSP Healthcare’ in the United Kingdom shortly after moving to the UK from Kenya. Shrien Dewani’s mother was originally from Uganda. Him and his siblings were born in Bristol and reared there.
Shrien was a gregarious and talented student at Bristol Grammer School. He began working for Deloitte in London immediately after receiving his graduate degree in Economics from Manchester University. His father, however, called him back to join their family business in Bristol, and he soon quit.
Jackie Collins Net Worth, Height, Age, Husband, Death, Personal Life, Career, & Wiki
Relationship With Anni Dewani
Shrien Dewani and Anni Hindocha met in London on May 20, 2009, thanks to common connections. Shrien Dewani became extremely drawn to Anni soon after meeting her and revealed to his buddies that he admired Anni’s lively and cheery demeanour.
Anni Hindocha, on the other hand, escorted Shrien to exclusive locations such as Starbucks, the Lion King show, and the Asia de Cuba restaurant. Shrien was living in London at the time, and Anni was working as a product engineer in Sweden. They both had a long-distance romance.
According to common friends, both of them were stubborn and frequently engaged in intense debates and confrontations over trivial matters.
Murder Of Anni Dewani
Shrien Dewani selected South Africa as their honeymoon trip while living in Bristol. He appreciated the coincidence that their initials SA referred to the country of South Africa. They arrived at Capetown International Airport in South Africa on November 7, 2010. They hired the taxi of cabbie ‘Zola Tongo’ to take them to the Cape Grace Hotel in South Africa. Both travelled in Zola Tongo’s cab to locations like the BBQ restaurant (Mzolis) in Gugulethu and then to the Strand tourist town in Western Capetown. They ate their meals and then returned to Gugulethu on November 13, 2010.
At gunpoint, the two attackers stole the taxi and began driving it after ejecting cabbie Zola Tongo from the vehicle after some time driving. Shrien was also thrown out of the car by the gunmen after travelling for twenty minutes. The gunmen stole his money, wallet, luxury watch, and cell phone. A bystander assisted Shrien in contacting the police. The robbers grabbed Anni Dewani. Western Captown police discovered her death in the back seat of a cab on November 14, 2010.
She was killed with a bullet to the neck delivered by her hand. Her Giorgio Armani wristwatch, a white-gold and diamond bracelet, her handbag, and her BlackBerry mobile telephone were all missing. Anni’s post-mortem investigation revealed that she had injuries on her leg and battled a lot before being slain. It was also discovered that the shooters did not physically abuse her.
G Herbo Net Worth, Family, Controversies, Age, Height, Personal Life, Charity, Career, & Wiki
Shrien’s New Love
Shrien Dewani and his new boyfriend ‘Gledison Lopez Martins’ were shown on Google News in August 2018. He posted the photos on his social media platforms while on vacation in India.
Shrien Dewani Documentary
In November 2021, the over-the-top streaming site ‘Amazon Prime Video’ produced a documentary film named ‘Anni: The Honeymoon Murder’ based on the hijacking, robbery, and murder of a newlywed wife ‘Anni Dewani.’
Amanda Bynes Net Worth, Age, Height, Family, Career, & Wiki
- During Shrien’s court hearings shortly after Anni’s murder, his lawyer disclosed that Shrien was bisexual. Shrien Dewani admits to having connections with Birmingham male prostitutes before marrying Anni. He further acknowledged that these prostitutes were employed by a German Master named Leopold Leisser, with whom Shrien had connections. He declared this in court in Western Capetown.
- Shrien Dewani had post-traumatic stress disorder throughout his court proceedings in 2011 and was not feeling well owing to rising health concerns. As a result, he was referred to Bristol’s Priory Hospital for treatment. He was committed to the Fromeside Clinic under the Mental Health Act on the court’s orders.
- Shrien Dewani was freed from court trials in 2014 after receiving clearance from the Western Capetown court. On this particular occasion, the family
Members of the victim Anni Dewani’s family claimed during a press conference outside the court that their right to know the truth had been taken away.
- During Shrien’s court hearings, one of Anni Dewani’s cousin’s sisters testified to the court that Shrien mistreated Anni Dewani’s corpse before her funeral.
- Anni’s father, Vinod Hindocha, stated in an interview with a media outlet that Shrien concealed the fact that he was bisexual not only from Vinod’s family members but also from his daughter Anni. He went on to say that Shrien brazenly traveled to Mumbai with his boyfriend, where Shrien married Anni Dewani. Shrien, according to Vinod, was reading homosexual websites at the hotel when they traveled to South Africa to retrieve Anni’s body.
He is 41 years old.
He is 1.67 m tall.
He married Anni Dewani.