Mike Peterson Maignan, a goalie for Serie A team AC Milan and the France national team, was born on July 3, 1995, in France. Maignan progressed through the Paris Saint-Germain youth squads; he never made an appearance despite being used as a substitute multiple times. He paid Lille €1 million to join them in 2015, and in 2017 they made him their first choice.
In 2018–19, he received the Ligue 1 goalie of the year award. In 2020–21, he captured the league championship. He later made a €15 million transfer to AC Milan, where he won Serie A in his debut season and was named to the Season’s Team. Maignan debuted for France’s senior national team in 2020 after playing in 37 youth international matches.
Mike Maignan Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Mike Peterson Maignan|
|Nick Name||Mike Maignan|
|Age (as of 2023)||28 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Cayenne, French Guiana|
|Date of Birth||3 July 1995|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Debut Club||Paris SG|
|Jersey Number||• France - 16|
• AC Milan - 23
|Current Team(s)||• France|
• AC Milan
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||5 / 0|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||ESN|
• GK Long Throw
• Comes For Crosses
|Style Of Play||None|
|Strengths||• Shot stopping (Reflexes)|
• Saving close range shots
• Saving long shots
Height and Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.91 m|
• in feet inches - 6′ 3″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 89 kg|
• in pounds - 200 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||French|
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Goalkeeper|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
- Ligue 1: 2020–21
- Serie A: 2021–22
- UEFA Nations League: 2020–21
- UNFP Ligue 1 Goalkeeper of the Year: 2018–19
- UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2018–19
- Serie A Best Goalkeeper: 2021–22
- Serie A Team of the Year: 2021–22
Mike Maignan Net Worth
The range of Mike Maignan’s net worth or income is thought to be between €6,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€6,000,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€4,000,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€2,500,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€208,333|
|Salary per Week||€48,077|
|Salary Per Minute||€6,849|
|Salary Per Day||€5|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 1, 2021|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2026|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Mike Maignan FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Mike Maignan has an overall rating of 87 and his potential is also 90.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|17||Heading Accuracy||16||FK Accuracy|
|57||Short Passing||53||Long Passing|
|23||Defensive Awareness||19||Sliding Tackle|
- Maignan participated in PSG’s lower divisions before being elevated to the first squad in 2013.
- His squad advanced to the quarterfinals of the 2013–14 UEFA Youth League before being eliminated by Real Madrid.
- Maignan accepted a three-year deal for his first job in June 2013.
- On December 18, he made his debut as a member of the matchday squad, filling in for Nicolas Douchez during a 2-1 Cup de la Ligue victory over Saint-Étienne.
- On January 19, 2014, he made his Ligue 1 debut, playing in a 5-0 victory over Nantes at Parc des Princes when Salvatore Sirigu sat out.
- Maignan signed a five-year, €1 million transfer agreement with fellow Ligue 1 club Lille in August 2015.
- After Vincent Enyeama was dismissed in the 69th minute of a 1-1 draw against Rennes, he made his professional debut on September 18 by replacing Yassine Benzia.
- Paul-Georges Ntep’s penalty was saved by him with his first touch, but five minutes later, he gave up a goal to the same player.
- Manager Marcelo Bielsa benched the seasoned Enyeama to make room for Maignan at the start of the 2017–18 campaign.
- He was dismissed in the second match of the season, a 3-0 loss against Strasbourg, for throwing the ball at an opponent, forcing forward Nicolas de Préville to play the final few minutes in goal.
- Maignan consented to sign a five-year deal with Serie A team AC Milan on May 27, 2021, with a start date of July 1.
- He replaced Gianluigi Donnarumma, who was headed to PSG, for a rumored sum of €15 million.
- On August 23, he made his debut in a 1-0 victory against Sampdoria.
- In response to vocal racial abuse from a Juventus fan on September 19 during a league game against Juventus, Maignan referred to himself as “black and proud.”
- Later, the fan was located, denounced to the police, and kicked out of the Juventus Group Castagnaro fan club.
- Maignan had surgery on his left wrist on October 13, 2021, and was supposed to be out of commission for 10 weeks.
- However, he was back on the field six weeks later.
- On February 5, he produced important stops against Inter to assist his club wins a close 2-1 derby.
- Eight days later, he helped Rafael Leo score in a 1-0 victory over Sampdoria.
- This was the first time since Dida in 2006 that an AC Milan goalkeeper has assisted in Serie A.
- The Serie A Best Goalkeeper Award was given to Maignan on May 22, 2022, in advance of the last game of the year.
- Milan defeated Sassuolo 3-0 to win the match and win the league for the first time since 2011.
- Maignan competed for France from under 16 through under 21 at every level.
- At the 2012 European Championship in Slovenia, he led the under-17 team.
- In May 2019, before to UEFA Euro 2020 qualifiers against Turkey and Andorra as well as a friendly against Bolivia, he got his first senior call-up.
- He made his debut on October 7, 2020, replacing Steve Mandanda in the second half of a friendly match against Ukraine at the Stade de France, which France won 7-1.
- He was picked up for the postponed Euro 2020 finals in May 2021.
He is currently 28 years old (as of 2023).
He is 191 cm tall.
He plays as a goalkeeper.
After his transfer to AC Milan, his net worth is €6,000,000 (as of 2023).