Shirley Setia is a famous Indo-Kiwi singer & performer from Auckland, New Zealand. Shirley Setia took part in a contest conducted by T-Series. To take part in the contested she shared a video that is recorded in her bedroom. This earned her the sobriquet “Pyjama popstar” by the New Zealand Herald. She was declared as one of the winners from thousands of entries.
She was also acknowledged as India’s YouTube sensation by the Hindustan Times and as one of New Zealand’s biggest international artists by TVNZ. Now she has 2.4 million subscribers on YouTube with 167 Million+ views. Shirley Setia Received BIG Golden Voice Award and Outlook Social Media Awards.
- Hiba Nawab Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Family, Wiki, Net Worth
- Resham Tipnis Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki & Net Worth
Shirley Setia Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Shirley Setia|
|Nick Name||Not Known|
|Age||(as in 2022) 29 Years|
|Debut||YouTube: Cover song "Tum Hi Ho" from Ashiqui 2 in 2012|
Film: Song- "Disco Disco" from the film "A Gentleman" (2017)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Daman, India|
|Date of Birth||2 July 1993|
|Home Town||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Hobbies||Nail art, Listening to Music|
|Mother's Name||Not Known|
|Father's Name||Raj Setia (Businessman)|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|College/University||University of Auckland, Auckland|
New York Film Academy
|Educational Qualification||A degree in Marketing and Information Systems from the University of Auckland|
Did a course from New York Film Academy
|Profession||Singer and RJ|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm|
in meters- 1.61 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 3"
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 50 Kg|
in Pounds- 110 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Tattoo||A tiny tattoo on her right wrist|
|Favourite Actress||Hilary Duff|
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Ranbir Kapoor|
|Favourite Food|| Pizza|
|Favourite Film|| Wake Up Sid|
|Favourite Musicians|| Lata Mangeshkar, A. R. Rahman, Arijit Singh, Shaan, Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam, Shankar Mahadevan|
|Favourite Style||Icon Kareena Kapoor|
Shirley Setia Family
Although she was born in Auckland, New Zealand; she is the origin of India. Her parents are Indians. Her mom is a housewife while her father is a businessman. As a sibling, she has a younger brother named Shane.
Shirley Setia Net Worth
Shirley Setia’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details has been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Shirley Setia in 2022?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$4 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Singer and RJ|
Noted, Currently We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary etc. We will update soon.
Shirley Setia Hot Images
Shirley Setia Personal Life
A graduate student from the University of Auckland and a marketing and publicity intern at Auckland Council, Setia took part in a contest conducted by T-Series. Her YouTube entry was recorded in her bedroom while she was wearing pajamas. This earned her the nickname “Pyjama popstar” by the New Zealand Herald. She was declared as one of the winners from thousands of entries.
Amidst the chaotic life of being a student and a part-time radio jockey, she started uploading regularly on YouTube and has since then collaborated with YouTube artists from across the US, UK, India, and Canada. Four years, 1.8 million subscribers and 114 M views later, she has now moved to Mumbai to pursue her dream of making it big in Bollywood. Forbes magazine’s Rob Cain wrote a feature on her and her future goals recently in which he stated that “Bollywood’s Next Big Singing Sensation Just Might Be This Tiny Kiwi”. she was also acknowledged as India’s YouTube sensation by the Hindustan Times and as one of New Zealand’s biggest international artists by TVNZ. Now she has 3.1 million subscribers on YouTube with 167 Million+ views.
She was invited by YouTube as a ‘YouTube Creator’ to perform live in YouTube FanFest held in Mumbai in 2016 and 2017.
- Vaibhavi Merchant Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki & Net Worth
- Ankita Dave Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki & Net Worth
Some Known Facts About Shirley Setia
- Does Shirley smoke?: No
- Does Shirley drink alcohol?: No
- Shirley is a New Zealand-based singer and social media star with more than 2.2 million followers on Facebook, 689K followers on Instagram, and 6.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
- She was born in Daman but moved to New Zealand along with her family at the age of seven.
Shirley’s father, Raj Setia is a businessman with roots in Hisar while her mother belongs to Goa.
- In an interview, she revealed that she was very close to her grandfather.
- Shirley is not only a popular singer on YouTube but also a Radio Tarana RJ of the show Showtime with Shirley.
- She is not a trained singer.
- As a kid, she wanted to be an astronaut.
- The first song that she sang on stage was Iktara from Wake Up Sid in 2001.
- In 2012, when she was still in high school, she got a chance to meet the famous Bollywood singer Shreya Ghoshal who had then suggested her to upload YouTube videos.
- Shirley’s first viral video, a cover of ‘Tum Hi Ho’ from ‘Aashiqui 2,’ which was recorded spontaneously at 1 am from her parent’s house in Dannemora, East Auckland while she was in her pyjamas, earned her the nickname ‘Pyjama Popstar.’ The video went on to win a contest conducted by T-Series. From there, her fame grew online. Sharing her thoughts about the video, Shirley said-
If I thought it would get so big in so little time I would have at least posted a good-quality clip – I look like I’m half asleep.”
- When her cover song, like Bol Do Na Zara and Sanam Re, which each has over 23 million views, took the internet by storm, Setia sharpened her skills by learning to edit and shoot videos.
- While working as a part-time radio jockey, Setia earned a degree in Marketing and Information Systems from the University of Auckland.
- In 2015, while she was on vacation in Hyderabad, she put up a Facebook post asking fans to meet her at GVK mall, which, to her surprise, turned out to be a huge public gathering. Shirley says-
I didn’t expect so many people to turn up — the security personnel freaked out and kicked me out of the mall, and yet people followed me, pleading for a picture. You know your social media statistics, but to see it in real life was overwhelming.”
- The GVK mall event pushed Shirley Setia to pursue her passion professionally, and she decided to move to Mumbai.
- In March 2016, Forbes Magazine featured an article on Setia; referring to her as “Bollywood’s Next Big Singing Sensation.”
- In 2017, she made her debut in Bollywood with the song ‘Disco Disco’ in the film ‘A Gentleman.’ In the same year, she decided to stop doing cover music so that she could spend more time on her originals.
- Once, the famous Ghazal singer, Pankaj Udhas had complimented Shirley on her singing style.
Why is Shirley Setia so famous?
Shirley Setia is a 21-year-old Indo-Kiwi singer, performer from Auckland, New Zealand. She is also a marketing and publicity intern at Auckland Council. She makes cover songs that can be found on her youtube channel. Her YouTube channel has earned over 2 million subscribers and 18 million views.
What is the age of Shirley Setia?
27 years (2 July 1995)
Where does Shirley Setia live?
Shirley Setia is an Indian origin singer. She lives in Auckland, New Zealand.
Who is Shirley Setia’s boyfriend?
According to the unknown sources, she is in a relationship with the popular singer in the Bollywood industry. Shirley Setia’s boyfriend’s name is Armaan Malik.
Is Shirley Setia cute?
Shirley needs no introduction when it comes to her soulful singing and cute looks. She is one of the crushes for Indian guys. Her cute looks and her musical acumen make guys go weak in their knees. For those who don’t know her, Shirley is an Indo-Kiwi YouTuber famous for her own version of Hindi songs.