Shirley Setia Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Shirley Setia is a famous Indo-Kiwi singer & performer from Auckland, New Zealand. Shirley Setia took part in a contest conducted by T-Series. To take part in the contested she shared a video that is recorded in her bedroom. This earned her the sobriquet “Pyjama popstar” by the New Zealand Herald. She was declared as one of the winners from thousands of entries.
She was also acknowledged as India’s YouTube sensation by the Hindustan Times and as one of New Zealand’s biggest international artists by TVNZ. Now she has 2.4 million subscribers on YouTube with 167 Million+ views. Shirley Setia Received BIG Golden Voice Award and Outlook Social Media Awards.
Shirley Setia Family
Although she was born in Auckland, New Zealand; she is the origin of India. Her parents are Indians. Her mom is a housewife while her father is a businessman. As a sibling, she has a younger brother named Shane.
Father- Raj Setia (Businessman)
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Shane (Younger)
Shirley Setia Hot Images
Shirley Setia Personal Life
A graduate student from the University of Auckland and a marketing and publicity intern at Auckland Council, Setia took part in a contest conducted by T-Series. Her YouTube entry was recorded in her bedroom while she was wearing pajamas. This earned her the nickname “Pyjama popstar” by the New Zealand Herald. She was declared as one of the winners from thousands of entries.
Amidst the chaotic life of being a student and a part-time radio jockey, she started uploading regularly on YouTube and has since then collaborated with YouTube artists from across the US, UK, India, and Canada. Four years, 1.8 million subscribers and 114 M views later, she has now moved to Mumbai to pursue her dream of making it big in Bollywood. Forbes magazine’s Rob Cain wrote a feature on her and her future goals recently in which he stated that “Bollywood’s Next Big Singing Sensation Just Might Be This Tiny Kiwi”. she was also acknowledged as India’s YouTube sensation by the Hindustan Times and as one of New Zealand’s biggest international artists by TVNZ. Now she has 3.1 million subscribers on YouTube with 167 Million+ views.
She was invited by YouTube as a ‘YouTube Creator’ to perform live in YouTube FanFest held in Mumbai in 2016 and 2017.
Shirley Setia Age, Biodata
Date of Birth 2 July 1993
Shirley Setia Age (Shirley Setia Age as in 2015) Shirley Setia Age is 25 Years
Birthplace Daman, India
Zodiac sign Cancer
Nationality New Zealander
Hometown Auckland, New Zealand
School Not Known
College • University of Auckland, Auckland
• New York Film Academy
Educational Qualification(s) • A degree in Marketing and Information Systems from the University of Auckland
• Did a course from New York Film Academy
Debut YouTube: Cover song “Tum Hi Ho” from Ashiqui 2 in 2012
Film: Song- “Disco Disco” from the film “A Gentleman” (2017)
Hobbies Nail art, Listening to Music
Tattoo A tiny tattoo on her right wrist
Profession Singer and RJ
Height, Weight & More
Height in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 3″
Weight in Kilograms- 50 Kg
in Pounds- 110 lbs
Figure Measurements 33-25-33
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Black
Shirley Setia Instagram
Shirley Setia Instagram: Shirley Setia Instagram Link-
Favourite Food Pizza
Favourite Actor(s) Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Ranbir Kapoor
Favourite Actress Hilary Duff
Favourite Film Wake Up Sid
Favourite Musician(s) Lata Mangeshkar, A. R. Rahman, Arijit Singh, Shaan, Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam, Shankar Mahadevan
Favourite Style Icon Kareena Kapoor
Favourite Rapper Badshah
Shirley Setia Net Worth
As of 2017, she has an estimated net worth of $4 million which she made from her profession.
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends Not Known
Some Known Facts About Shirley Setia
- Does Shirley smoke?: No
- Does Shirley drink alcohol?: No
- Shirley is a New Zealand-based singer and social media star with more than 2.2 million followers on Facebook, 689K followers on Instagram, and 6.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
- She was born in Daman but moved to New Zealand along with her family at the age of seven.
Shirley’s father, Raj Setia is a businessman with roots in Hisar while her mother belongs to Goa.
- In an interview, she revealed that she was very close to her grandfather.
- Shirley is not only a popular singer on YouTube but also a Radio Tarana RJ of the show Showtime with Shirley.
- She is not a trained singer.
- As a kid, she wanted to be an astronaut.
- The first song that she sang on stage was Iktara from Wake Up Sid in 2001.
- In 2012, when she was still in high school, she got a chance to meet the famous Bollywood singer Shreya Ghoshal who had then suggested her to upload YouTube videos.
- Shirley’s first viral video, a cover of ‘Tum Hi Ho’ from ‘Aashiqui 2,’ which was recorded spontaneously at 1 am from her parent’s house in Dannemora, East Auckland while she was in her pyjamas, earned her the nickname ‘Pyjama Popstar.’ The video went on to win a contest conducted by T-Series. From there, her fame grew online. Sharing her thoughts about the video, Shirley said-
If I thought it would get so big in so little time I would have at least posted a good-quality clip – I look like I’m half asleep.”
- When her cover song, like Bol Do Na Zara and Sanam Re, which each has over 23 million views, took the internet by storm, Setia sharpened her skills by learning to edit and shoot videos.
- While working as a part-time radio jockey, Setia earned a degree in Marketing and Information Systems from the University of Auckland.
- In 2015, while she was on vacation in Hyderabad, she put up a Facebook post asking fans to meet her at GVK mall, which, to her surprise, turned out to be a huge public gathering. Shirley says-
I didn’t expect so many people to turn up — the security personnel freaked out and kicked me out of the mall, and yet people followed me, pleading for a picture. You know your social media statistics, but to see it in real life was overwhelming.”
- The GVK mall event pushed Shirley Setia to pursue her passion professionally, and she decided to move to Mumbai.
- In March 2016, Forbes Magazine featured an article on Setia; referring to her as “Bollywood’s Next Big Singing Sensation.”
- In 2017, she made her debut in Bollywood with the song ‘Disco Disco’ in the film ‘A Gentleman.’ In the same year, she decided to stop doing cover music so that she could spend more time on her originals.
- Once, the famous Ghazal singer, Pankaj Udhas had complimented Shirley on her singing style.