Gonzalo Ariel Montiel (born 1 January 1997) is an Argentine professional footballer. He plays as a right-back for the La Liga club Sevilla and for the Argentina national team. Gonzalo Montiel is a famous name that he goes by. During the 2016 season, he made his professional debut for the Argentine team Club Atletico River Plate. It was in 2019 when Montiel made his international debut for Argentina at the under-17 level, after which he joined the senior squad as a member of the squad.
As well as that, Gonzalo also won the Copa Libertadores with River Plate in 2018. Aside from that, he was also included as part of the 28-man squad announced on 11th June 2021 by Argentina’s national football team for the 2021 Copa America tournament. As well as being active in social media, he has also earned more than one million followers on his Instagram account, which means that he is also active in social media.
Gonzalo Montiel Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Gonzalo Montiel. It gives you the ability to read through the Argentine footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Gonzalo Ariel Montiel|
|Nick Name/Popular Name||Gonzalo Montiel|
|Age||26 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Born Place||González Catán, Argentina|
|Date of Birth||1 January 1997|
|Residence||González Catán, Argentina|
|Home Town||González Catán, Argentina|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
|Sister(s)||Marii Gon Gabi (married and have 1 daughter named Jacquelinee Soledad and 2 sons.)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Karina Nacucchio (to be)|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Interplayers|
|Debut Club||• 2021: Sevilla FC|
|Debut International||• 2019: Argentina national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 2 (Sevilla FC)|
• 4 (Argentina national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Sevilla FC|
• Argentina national football team
|Position||Defender - Right-Back|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5'9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg|
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Argentine|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||7 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||9 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Gonzalo Montiel Net Worth
In 2023, what will Gonzalo Montiel’s salary be?
In Aug 2021 Gonzalo Montiel signed a contract with Sevilla FC that ends in 2026 that netted him a whopping salary of €1,410,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns €3,863 per day and €161 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$2.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||€1,410,000|
|Per Month Salary||€117,500|
|Per Week Salary||€27,115|
|Per Day Salary||€3,863|
|Per Hour Salary||€161|
|Per Minute Salary||€2.7|
|Current Contract||With Sevilla FC|
|Contract Signed||Aug 13, 2021|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2026|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$18.70 Million|
|Market Value||$15.40 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$18.70 Million (Jul 16, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. As of 2023, he has an estimated net worth of around $2.5 Million, and his market value is about $15.40 million.
Gonzalo Montiel FIFA 22 Potential And Rating
Gonzalo Montiel is a 26-year-old Spanish defender who plays for Sevilla FC in the Spanish First Division as a Full Back. He currently has an overall rating of 79 with a potential rating of 82 in FIFA 22. In terms of skillmoves, Montiel has a rating of 3 stars.
Gonzalo Montiel FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|70||Heading Accuracy||39||FK Accuracy|
|73||Short Passing||66||Long Passing|
|76||Defensive Awareness||73||Sliding Tackle|
He prefers to shoot with his right foot when he is shooting. It is estimated that his work rate is high/medium. It has been estimated that Montiel’s height is 175 cm and his weight is 70 kg based on the information we have in our database. As of right now, Gonzalo Montiel is playing with the numbers 2 and 4 on the pitch.
- Montiel started his career at the River Plate academy.
- At the age of 19, he made his debut for the club’s first team on 30 April 2016.
- During the 2016–17 season, he played four matches for the first team.
- That very season, he played an important role in the Copa Argentina.
- The trophy was presented to him after playing all the games from the last 16 to the final, in which his team beat CA Tucumán.
- As for the Copa Libertadores, the defender played every minute of the quarter-finals and semifinals, where River Plate lost to Lanus 1-0.
- Montiel made a big step forward in his career in 2017–18.
- A total of 35 matches were played by him, 15 of which were league matches. It was his fourteen appearances as he lifted the Copa Libertadores against Boca Juniors that stood out.
- While playing five matches in the Copa Argentina, the team narrowly missed repeating last year’s win on penalties.
- They won the Argentine Super Cup that season, securing a double.
- River Plate’s right-back role was further consolidated the following season.
- A total of twelve league matches were played without Montiel being substituted.
- Following twelve matches, Montiel again made it to the Copa Libertadores final; however, River Plate lost out to Flamengo.
- Once again, he won the Copa Argentina as River beat Central Córdoba – he played every minute.
- River won last season’s Copa Libertadores and finished third in the FIFA Club World Cup.
- He was unable to play in the Super Cup due to an injury.
- As River overcame a 1–0 first-leg defeat to beat Club Athletico Paranaense 3–0 to win the Recopa.
Sevilla signed Montiel on a three-year contract on 13 August 2021.
- Lionel Scaloni named Montiel to Argentina’s squad for friendlies against Venezuela and Morocco in March 2019.
- Montiel made his debut against Venezuela on 22 March.
- In 2021, Montiel was among the 28-man squad announced by Argentina’s national football team for the Copa América tournament.
- His injury resulted from a tackle from Fred during the first half of the game in the final which he had to complete with a bleeding ankle.
Facts About Gonzalo Montiel
- He is from Gonzalez Catan, Argentina.
- With River Plate, he won the Copa Libertadores in 2018.
- On River Plate, Montiel has been teammates with Franco Armani.
- Having represented Argentina internationally at the under-17 level, he joined the senior squad in 2019.
- In a Christian non-secular family, Montiel was born Gonzalo Ariel Montiel.
- His ethnic background is Argentine-white and he is of Argentine nationality.
How old is Gonzalo Montiel?
Gonzalo Montiel is 26 years old.
How tall is Gonzalo Montiel?
Gonzalo Montiel is 175 cm tall.
Which is Gonzalo Montiel’s preferred foot?
Gonzalo Montiel’s preferred foot is right.
Where is Gonzalo Montiel from?
Gonzalo Montiel is from Argentina.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Gonzalo Montiel worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friend’s efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Gonzalo Montiel has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Argentine footballer. Hopefully, Gonzalo Montiel’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Gonzalo Montiel.