Lucas Tolentino Coelho de Lima (born 27 August 1997) more popularly known as Lucas Paqueta is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays for Premier League club West Ham United and the Brazil national team. He was born to his father Marcelo Paqueta and his mother Cris Paqueta. He grew up with his brother Matheus Paqueta, who is also a professional football player. From 2020 to August 2022, he played for Lyon as an attacking midfielder. He played for AC Milan before joining Lyon. In August 2022, he transferred to West Ham United for a record fee of approximately £50 million plus add-ons. For his club team, he currently wears the Number 11 jersey.
He was recently named UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year for the 2020-21 season. At Flamengo, he had the best time of his career. In 2017, he won the Carioca Championship, and in 2018, he won the Bola de Pirate. In 2018, he was also named to the Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A Team of the Year. He was also named to the Campeonato Carioca Team of the Year in the same year. In addition, he has represented Brazil in a number of international competitions. In 2019, he was a member of Brazil’s national squad that won the Copa America. He was also the runner-up in Copa America after his team lost to Argentina in 2021.
Lucas Paqueta Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Lucas Paqueta. It gives you the ability to read through the Brazilian footballer’s profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Lucas Tolentino Coelho de Lima|
|Nickname/ Popular Name/ Shirt Name||Lucas Paqueta|
|Age||25 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Birth Place||Paquetá Island, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Date of Birth||27 August 1997|
|Residence||Paquetá Island, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Home Town||Paquetá Island, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Cris Paqueta|
|Father's Name||Marcelo Paqueta|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Maria Eduarda Fournier|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Maria Eduarda Fournier (m. 2018)|
Son(s)- • Benicio Paqueta
• Filippo Paqueta
|School||Flamengo youth academy|
|College/University||Flamengo youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Brazil Soccer|
|Debut For Current Club Team||• 2022: West Ham United|
|Debut For Current Senior International Team||• 2018: Brazilian national football team|
|Jersey Number (2022-23)||• 11 (West Ham United)|
• 7 (Brazilian national football team)
|Current Teams||• West Ham United|
• Brazilian national football team
|Coach/Mentor/Manager||David William Moyes|
|Position||Midfielder - Attacking Midfield|
• Campeonato Carioca: 2017
• Copa América: 2019
• Campeonato Carioca Team of the Year: 2018
• Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Team of the Year: 2018
• UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2020–21
• UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Month: October 2021
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 184 cm|
in meters- 1.84 m
in feet inches- 6'0"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 72 kg|
in pounds- 159 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Brazilian Portuguese|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||7 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Lucas Paqueta Net Worth
In 2022, what will Lucas Paqueta’s salary be?
In Aug 2022 Lucas Paqueta signed a contract with West Ham United that ends in 2027 that netted him a whopping salary of £10 Million GBP per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £24,472 per day and £1,144 per hour!
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Lucas Paqueta has an estimated net worth of around $5 Million, and his market value is about $49.50 million.
Lucas Paqueta FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Lucas Paqueta is a 25-year-old attacking midfielder for Olympique Lyonnais in France. Currently, he has a FIFA 22 overall rating of 81 and a potential rating of 86. In terms of skill moves, Lucas Paquetá has a 5-star rating.
Lucas Paqueta FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|66||Heading Accuracy||74||FK Accuracy|
|80||Short Passing||78||Long Passing|
|67||Defensive Awareness||63||Sliding Tackle|
His left foot is his preferred shooting foot. He has a high work rate / high work rate. Our database estimates Lucas Paqueta’s height to be 184 cm and his weight to be 72 kg. Lucas Paqueta plays the numbers 11 and 7 at the moment.
Lucas Paqueta Wife Maria Eduarda Fournier
Maria Eduarda Fournier, Lucas Paqueta’s wife, is currently living a happy married life with him. As of 2022, the couple had been married for more than 3 years. They dated for at least a year before that.
During his time at Flamengo, the couple started dating. Their wedding took place on November 27, 2018, in Brazil, in the presence of close friends and relatives. Every year since then, Lucas has shared his anniversary moment with his fans. He posted a photo of their wedding ceremony in November of 2021 and wished his partner three years of happiness.
Currently, he lives in Lyon with his partner. Maria Fournier, Lucas Paqueta’s partner, is a family woman. She is also famous for being the wife of Brazilian attacking midfielder Lucas.
She was born in Brazil on February 10, 1993. In comparison to her husband, Lucas P., she is 4 years older.
She has more than 243,000 followers on Instagram, just like her husband. She frequently posts about her private life on her Instagram account @dudafournier. Through their accounts, she frequently updates her partner and their children.
Also, she has an official YouTube channel called Duda Fournier. The majority of her posts are about her and her husband.
Lucas Paqueto and his loving wife, Mrs. Fournier, are blessed with two sons. In 2021, he gave birth to his first child, Benicio Paqueta.
In contrast, their second child, born in 2021, is named Filippo. Social media is frequently used by this couple to post about their children.
The 10-year-old Lucas Paqueta joined Flamengo in 2007. Despite his technical skill, he lacked the physicality of other players his age (5 feet tall). He had grown 27 cm (10.6 inches) by the time he was 18.
During the 2016 Copa Sao Paulo de Juniores, the most important youth tournament in Brazil, he won the title with the Flamengo youth team. After the competition, Lucas was promoted to the club’s professional team along with Leo Duarte, Felipe Vizeu, and Ronaldo.
- The Flamengo professional team promoted Paqueta in March 2016 and extended his contract until 2020.
- Lucas made his Rio de Janeiro State League debut on 5 March 2016 against Bangu, winning 3–1.
- In a 4–0 victory over Madureira at the Estadio Raulino de Oliveira in Volta Redonda on 19 February 2017, Paqueta scored his first professional goal.
- Against Cruzeiro in the 2017 Copa do Brasil final, Paqueta scored a 1–1 draw at the Maracana Stadium, and in the 2017 Copa Sudamericana final against Independiente, also a 1–1 draw.
- Both matches were lost by Flamengo, and they finished runners-up to their opponents.
- As Flamengo’s best player in the Copa Sudamericana final, he won the award.
- Along with Juan, he was considered to be Flamengo’s highlight in 2017.
- Flamengo player Lucas Paqueta was selected to the team of the 2018 Campeonato Carioca as the best left-winger.
- On 10 October 2018, Brazilian and Italian news agencies reported that AC Milan and Flamengo had agreed to a €35M deal for the transfer of a player, beating Paris Saint-Germain.
- Milan announced the player had signed a five-year contract on 4 January 2019.
- It was his choice to wear shirt number 39. As a result of his mother’s Portuguese descent, he was eligible for European registration.
- As Milan beat Sampdoria 2–0 in extra time on 12 January 2019, Paqueta played 85 minutes before being replaced by Fabio Borini.
- The following day, Paqueta played in the 2018 Supercoppa Italiana, held at the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, where Juventus beat Milan 1–0.
- In a 2–0 win over Genoa at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris on 21 January 2019, Paqueta made his Serie A debut.
- Paqueta performed a ‘rainbow flick’ over his opponent Daniel Bessa during the match.
- In a 3–0 win over Cagliari, Paqueta scored his first goal for Milan.
- A fire at his old club Flamengo killed all members of the under-15 team, and he dedicated his goal to them.
- In September 2020, Lyon announced the signing of Paqueta, who signed a five-year contract for €20 million.
- A midfielder in the French Championship, Ligue 1, was named the best foreign player in 21/22.
- Over 20,000 people voted in the election, which was held by popular vote. As a 25-year-old, Paqueta competed against Marquinhos, Lens Fofana’s Ivorian midfielder, and Lille’s Canadian leader Jonathan David.
Lucas Paqueta Transfer To West Ham United
- Paqueta was signed by West Ham United for an undisclosed fee on 29 August 2022.
- According to the most credible media source, he signed a five-year contract worth more than £50m with additional add-ons, surpassing Sebastien Haller’s transfer fee in 2019.
- As a result of a 1-1 draw at home against Tottenham Hotspur on 31 August, he made his Premier League debut for West Ham.
Under-20 And Under-23
- Paqueta was called up for the first time on 1 April 2016 to represent Brazil U20 in two friendlies in Europe.
- On 4 September, he scored his first goal in a 2–1 victory against England U20.
- As part of the Quadrangular de Selecoes tournament in October 2016, he played against the U20 teams of Ecuador, Uruguay, and Chile.
- Prior to the 2016 Summer Olympics, Lucas Paqueta was called to practice with the Brazil U23 team. He was invited to join the group training by coach Rogerio Micale so he could compete in Tokyo 2020.
- In March 2020, he received his first official call-up to the under-23 team.
Senior National Team
- Coach Tite selected him as one of twelve alternatives for the Brazilian national team for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- Lucas was the youngest player on the 23-man roster and provisional roster.
- In September 2018, manager Tite called Paqueta for the first time to play in friendly matches against the United States and El Salvador.
- As a substitute in the 71st minute during a friendly match against the United States, he made his national team debut on 7 September.
- Wearing Brazil’s iconic No. 10 shirt, he scored his first goal against Panama on 23 March 2019.
- In May 2019, he was named to Brazil’s 23-man Copa América squad.
- During the 2021 Copa América quarter-final match against Chile, he came on as a substitute at half-time and scored a 47th-minute goal to seal a 1–0 victory for Brazil.
- After an assist from Neymar Junior, he once again scored the only goal in the semi-final against Peru on 6 July 2021.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Lucas Paqueta worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Lucas Paqueta has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Brazilian footballer. Hopefully, Lucas Paqueta’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Lucas Paqueta.