Johnny Weir: American sports are full of committed players including Johnny Weir who was once a figure skater. He started his career in skating in 1996 and ended in 2013. After being U.S. National Skate Champion three times in a row, he rose to fame. Recently in the Winter Olympics closing ceremony, his hairstyle was highly praised. Now let’s know more about TV star, and figure skater’s personal life, and net worth through this wiki.
Born on 2nd July 1984, Johnny Weir’s hometown is in Pennsylvania, USA. He was born to John and Patti Weir’s house. He is of Norwegian ethnicity and holds American citizenship. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He has a sibling brother named Brian Weir. Professional skater by profession, Johnny is also a TV star, hosting his show named Be Good Johnny Weir.
Johnny Weir Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||John Garvin Weir|
|Age||(as in 2023) 39 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Coatesville, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Date of Birth||July 02, 1984|
|Home Town||Not Known|
|Mother's Name||Patti Weir|
|Father's Name||John Weir|
|Brother||Brian Weir (Younger Brother)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Adam Lambert (2010)|
Victor Voronov (2011-2015)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Victor Voronov (2011-2015)|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|School||Newark High School|
|College/University||University of Delaware|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Profession||Former Figure Skater, Fashion Designer, Television Commentator|
|Career Manager||Laina Cohn – Manager of Torgan Management, California, United States.|
Jonathan Swaden – Agent of Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Gregg Gellman – Attorney, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 61 kg|
in Pounds- 134.48 lbs
|Chest Size||Not Known|
|Biceps Size||Not Known|
|Waist Size||Not Known|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White.|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Favourite Actors||Not Known|
|Favourite Colors||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport||Not Known|
Family, Education & More
Johnny Weir was born in Coatesville, Pennsylvania, to parents John and Patti Weir. He is of Norwegian heritage and has a brother, Brian, who is four years younger. Weir was raised in Quarryville, Pennsylvania, a town in southern Lancaster County. As a child, he was a successful equestrian, competing with his pony, My Blue Shadow, an Arabian-Shetland cross.
Soon after Weir began skating at the age of 12, his family moved to Newark, Delaware, so he could be near his training rink and coach. In the summer of 2007, he moved to Lyndhurst, New Jersey, and began training in nearby Wayne. Weir was an honor roll student at Newark High School and studied linguistics part-time at the University of Delaware before dropping out to concentrate on his skating.
Johnny Weir Net Worth
After retiring from figure skating in October 2013, he became a figure skating analyst for NBC for the 2014 Sochi Winter Games alongside fellow Olympian Tara Lipinski. From Olympic commentating to eight other non-Olympic related events, TMZ reported he made about $65,000 from NBC in 2014. There’s no word on what Weir is making this year.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$4.5 Million Dollars|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$4 Million Dollars|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Former Figure Skater, Fashion Designer, Television Commentator|
Lipinski and Weir were a big hit and became a sports commentating team. They were fashion commentators for Access Hollywood at the 86th Academy Awards, as well as for a few Kentucky Derby events. They were “cultural correspondents” for NBC Sports in 2016 as well. Weir himself has been featured on shows such as Trading Faces, Access Hollywood, Say Yes To The Dress, and on Lip Sync Battle. His television appearances also include When I Was 17, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, The Rachel Zoe Project, and Rachel vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off. He was a judge for the reality TV show Skating with the Stars.
In 2011, Weir released an autobiography titled Welcome to My World, in which he writes about figure skating. In 2010, he launched his own fashion line and released a pop song called “Dirty Love.”
Johnny Weir Hair
Johnny Boyfriends, Affairs and More
Adam Lambert (2010) – He reportedly dated singer Adam Lambert in 2010.
Victor Voronov (2011-2015) – Weir tied the knot with Victor Voronov in a ceremony on New Year’s Eve in New York City in 2011. Following a 4-year marriage, the couple had called it quits and divorced in 2015, revealing domestic difficulties as the reason for their separation.
Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski
Starting with the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, the ice-skating duo resonated with audiences and used social media to bring in new fans. Weir and Lipinski were so well received on NBC that they were asked to cover every major figure skating event for the network going forward.
“We’re very proud to educate people in a different way than maybe they have over the last many moons,” Weir said in an interview in December 2017. “Tara and I do things more conversationally. We’re very direct with our audience, and it’s a huge audience for us to be carrying figure skating.” Weir and Lipinski have also graduated beyond the ice skating rink and positioned themselves as lifestyle personalities. They worked the red carpet as fashion commentators at the 86th Academy Awards and have also appeared at the Kentucky Derby in 2014, the Super Bowl in 2015 and the National Dog Show in 2017, among other high profile events.
Johnny Weir Hunger Games
- Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir are former Olympic figure skaters who are now commentators for the Winter Games, Hunger Games.
- The best friends have received a lot of attention for their fabulous outfits that are reminiscent of characters from the “Hunger Games.”
- Weir recently confirmed that the famous “Hunger Games” announcer Caesar Flickerman has been a longtime muse.
As the 2018 Winter Olympics heads toward the end of its second week, fans are still going strong on their memes Hunger Games about some of the star commentators. This time, it’s in the form of comparing the beloved Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski to characters in The Hunger Games franchise and the two former Olympians seem to love it.
The two former figure skaters are known for their eye-catching style and razor-sharp commentary. But when Lipinski and Weir began their figure skating coverage last week, fans quickly noticed the pair’s outfits were straight out of Panem Hunger Games. The fun continued on Wednesday and Thursday, as Twitter users watched the commentators talk about the pair skating competition and the men’s short program.
Some Known Facts About Johnny Weir
- On October 23, 2013, he announced his retirement from competitive skating.
- He is a two-time Olympian, a two-time Grand Prix Final bronze medalist, 2008 World bronze medalist, 2001 World Junior Champion, and a three-time U.S national champion from 2004 to 2006.
- As a child, Weir was a successful equestrian who competed with his pony, My Blue Shadow, an Arabian-Shetland cross.
- He started skating at the age of 12.
- His interest in figure skating started when he was only 11 years old while watching Oksana Baiul winning the 1994 Olympic gold medal. From there, he practiced and taught himself how to jump on roller skates in his basement.
- Weir competed in pair skating with Jodi Rudden on the juvenile and intermediate levels but gave it up to concentrate on single skating.
- Weir achieved his first major victory at the age of 16.
- He skated 3 clean programs at the World Junior Championships and won the gold medal ahead of fellow American Evan Lysacek.
- In 2011, Weir published an autobiography titled Welcome to My World in which he traced the path he took to become a skating champion and outlined his philosophy. In the book, he also confirmed that he is gay.
- Aside from designing his own skating costumes, Weir has designed ice dancing costumes for Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov, and, show costumes for Oksana Baiul.
- He serves as the Board of Governors of nPlay, a non-profit organization devoted to fighting childhood obesity and promoting a healthy lifestyle for young people.
- Weir partnered with Traver Rains to gather funds for the “Trevor Project”, a national non-profit organization focused on suicide prevention among gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender youth. In 2013, he auctioned personal fashions and accessories to benefit the project.
What Does Johnny Weir Do?
Film Producer, Stylist, Figure Skater
What Is Johnny Weir Worth?
JJohnny Weir Is A Retired American Figure Skater And Sports Commentator Who Has A Net Worth Of $4.5 Million Dollars. Johnny Weir Was Born John Garvin Weiris On July 2, 1984, In Coatesville, Pennsylvania.
Where Is Johnny Weir From?
Coatesville, Pa, Weir Was Born In Coatesville, Pennsylvania, To Parents John And Patti Weir (Née Moore). He Is Of Norwegian Heritage And Has A Brother, Brian, Who Is Four Years Younger. Weir Was Raised In Quarryville, Pennsylvania, A Town In Southern Lancaster County.
Did Johnny Weir Win A Gold Medal?
Just Five Years After First Trying On A Pair Of Skates, Weir Won The Gold Medal At The 2001 World Junior Championships.