Shamlee, also known as Baby Shamili, is born on 10 July 1987 and is an Indian actress who has worked in Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada and Telugu films. She is probably best known for her critically acclaimed performance as the mentally challenged child Anjali in the 1990 film Anjali, which fetched her the National Film Award for Best Child Artist.
And as a child trapped inside a bore-well in the film Malootty, that fetched her a Kerala State Film Award for Best Child Artist. Shamili is a famous Indian actress who is best known for her role as Anjali in the famous Tamil film Anjali in 1990. She appeared in many film industries like Telegu, Malayalam, Kannada, and Tamil.
[table id=521 /]
Shamili hails from a family of actors, being the younger sister of actor Richard Rishi and actress Shalini. She was born to Babu and Alice. Her father migrated to Madras with an ambition of becoming an actor and the family settled there. Later he fulfilled his ambition through his children.
Shamili Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Shamili’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details has been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Shamili in 2023?
[table id=522 /]
Noted, Currently We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary etc. We will update soon.
Shamili started acting at the age of two in Tamil Cinema. Her breakthrough in Tamil came with Mani Ratnam’s Anjali, in which she portrayed a mentally challenged child, which earned her the National Film Award for Best Child Artist. In 1990, she acted in Bharathan’s Malootty, a film based on Jessica McClure. Her performance won her critical appreciation and the Kerala State Film Award for Best Child Artist. She also acted like a teenager in Fazil’s Harikrishnans as Mammooty and Mohanlal’s sibling. In Kannada, she has acted with well-known actors such as Vishnuvardhan, Ambareesh, Sithara, Shruti, Srinath, Geetha, Meghna, Vinaya Prasad, Sunil, Sathyapriya, Bhavya, Lakshmi and Abhijith. In Kannada, she acted in Dakshayini (1993), Kadambari (1993), Karulina Kudi (1995), Bhairavi (1991), Chinna Nee Naguthiru (1993), Bhuvaneshwari (1994), Mathe Haditu Kogile (1990), Hoovu Hannu (1993) and Jagadeshwari (1998).
She played her first female lead role in Anand Ranga’s directorial debut Oye! (2009) alongside Siddarth, though the film’s mixed response at the box office prompted her to embark on yet another sabbatical. Between 2010 and 2015, Shamili studied and worked in Singapore and turned down numerous opportunities to return to acting. She later returned to Chennai and is now working on the production of Veera Shivaji alongside Vikram Prabhu.
[table id=523 /]
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shamili
- Does Shamili smoke?: No
- Does Shamili drink alcohol?: Not Known
- At the age of 2, Shamili made her first on-screen appearance in the Tamil film Rajanadai (1989) as Shamili.Shamili in Tamil film ‘Rajanadai’ (1989)
- Her father had a dream of becoming an actor. He fulfilled his dream through his children.
- Her sister ‘Shalini’ got married to a popular actor Ajith Kumar.Shamili sister Shalini with Ajith Kumar
- While she was in school, she took up her interest in art and dancing. She even learned arts from well-known painter ‘Ilangovan.’
- She is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
- Shamili is trained in various other dance forms like jazz, hip-hop, and salsa.
- She did a course in film studies from Singapore.
- After her Tamil film ‘Kandukondain Kandukondain’ (2000), she took a break for almost 8 years to complete her studies.
- Shamili rejoined the film industry in 2009 and made her debut as an actress with the Telugu film ‘Oye!.’
- She is a huge fan of superstar ‘Shah Rukh Khan.’ She even uses her Facebook profile with the name, ‘Shamlee Srk.’
Who Is The Husband Of Baby Shamili?
Shamili started acting at the age of two. In 1990, she acted in Bharathan’s Malootty. She fell in love with filmmaker Arun Pawar. They got engaged at a private ceremony in Hyderabad on 10 May 2015.
How old is shamili?
36 years (10 July 1987)
Who is Shalini’s sister?
Who is Ajith Kumar ‘s wife?
Why is Ajith Kumar so famous?
As actor Ajith, fondly called Thala, celebrates his 47th birthday, we take a look at why he is called a perfect gentleman in Kollywood. Born in Hyderabad, Ajith Kumar was called an ‘outsider’ when he stepped foot in Kollywood and had to face a lot of issues before he could gain a strong foothold in the Tamil film industry.