Shahid Kapoor is a well-known Indian actor and model. He is mostly working in Bollywood films and is known for his great acting skills and a charming look. Shahid Kapoor started his career by doing some romantic roles as well as from some action-thriller roles. Shahid Kapoor won several awards, including three Filmfare. He is also a talented dancer getting training under the supervision of Shaimak Davar. Shahid Kapoor was born in a middle-class Khatri family on 25 February 1981 in New Delhi.
He is the son of Pankaj Kapur and dancer Neelima Azeem. His parents got divorced in 1984 when he was just three years old. His father moved to Mumbai and married actress Supriya Pathak. But Shahid continued to live in Delhi with his mother and maternal grandparents. His grandparents worked as journalists for the Russian magazine Sputnik. He has a paternal half-brother Ruhaan Kapoor and a paternal half-sister Sanah Kapoor.
Actor Ishaan Khattar is his maternal half-brother from the second marriage of his mother to actor Rajesh Khattar. Earlier, Shahid Kapoor had an affair with actress Hrishitaa Bhatt. He also had an affair with popular actresses Kareena Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. There was also rumored that he was in a relationship with Tennis Player Sania Mirza. Although, Shahid got married to his girlfriend, Mira Rajput at The Oberoi Hotel, Gurgaon On 7 July 2015. She is 14 years younger than him. The couple is blessed with a daughter Misha Kapoor (born in 2016), and a son Zain Kapoor (born in 2018).
Shahid Kapoor Wiki/Bio
[table id=2019 /]
Shahid Kapoor completed his schooling at Gyan Bharati School, Delhi, and Rajhans Vidyalaya, Mumbai. Then, he did his graduation at Mithibai College, Mumbai. He took interest in dancing and acting since childhood. He had a very struggling life as his parents got divorced when he was a kid.
Shahid Kapoor made his first on-screen appearance in the Complan advertisement as a child artist, opposite actress Ayesha Takia. When he was 15 years old, he started learning dance from Shiamak Davar’s dance institute and appeared in several Bollywood films like Dil To Pagal Hai (1997) and Taal (1999) as a background dancer.
After watching his great dance moves, Shiamak Davar promoted him as an Instructor in his institute. Later, Shahid Kapoor was seen at the Pepsi audition. He was nominated and shot this commercial along with megastars Shah Rukh Khan, Rani Mukerji, and Kajol.
After that, he appeared in several music videos such as Aankhon Mein Tera Hi Chehra and Kehna to Hai in which he was coupled along with sizzling actress Hrishita Bhatt. He has also appeared in several commercials for products like Onida, Kit Kat, Fuji Film, Ala Bleach, and Clinic All Clear.
Shahid Kapoor Net Worth
Shahid Kapoor has a net worth of approximately 38 million dollars i.e. INR 210 crore. Reportedly, he has a DDA Flat, Skate in South Delhi in his property. Also, the star reportedly has one other Apartment at Raj Classic, in Andheri, which is worth almost 3 crores. As per reports, Shahid also has a Sea Facing Duplex Apartment in Juhu worth INR 35 crores, purchased in 2014.
This house has a 1,000 sq ft garden area and a private swimming pool. [table id=2020 /] Shahid Kapoor is also a big fan of cars, bikes, etc. Reportedly, he has a 2010 Black Range Rover Vogue whose current price is over INR 2.3 crores. Reportedly, Ratan Tata, one of the richest businessmen in India handed the car’s key to Shahid.
He also has a Custom Made Jaguar XKR-S worth almost INR 2 crores. A Porsche Cayenne GTS worth of INR 5 crores purchased in 2014 and a Mercedes-Benz S400 worth of INR 3 crores. There is a 2009 Yamaha MT01 bike worth of INR 1 crores. It was purchased during the shooting of the film ‘Kaminey’.
And a Harley Davidson Fat Boy bike worth of INR 1.5 crores. He also has an Oyster Perpetual by Rolex worth INR 2 crores. It is also said that he also supported an NGO Swayamsiddh which helps children with special needs another NGO Victory Arts which helps children through dance.
After three years, Shahid got an opportunity to perform a lead role in his first Hindi film named ‘Ishq Vishk’ in the year 2013. After the film’s release, Shahid started landing roles in romantic films. His mannerisms as an actor were compared to that of Shahrukh Khan, who is often considered the ‘King of Romance.’
After all the fuss, the film reached the audience. Even though Alia Bhatt outshined him in the movie, Shahid’s performance as a cynical drug addict rock star was appreciated by many. In 2017, he acted alongside Kangana Ranaut and Saif Ali Khan in the movie ‘Rangoon.’ Shahid Kapoor was seen playing the Rana of Mewar ‘Raja Rawal Ratan Singh’ in Bhansali’s epic movie ‘Padmaavat,’ which was released in 2018.
The movie also starred Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh. Later that year, he also starred in the movie ‘Batti Gul Meter Chalu.’ In 2019, Kapoor starred in ‘Kabir Singh,’ a remake of Telugu romantic drama ‘Arjun Reddy.’ The film was a super blockbuster and earned INR 321 crores at the box office. In 2020, He was working on his upcoming movie named “Jersey” but due to coronavirus, he stops the shootings.
[table id=2021 /]
[table id=2022 /]
Facts About Shahid Kapoor
- Does Shahid Kapoor drink alcohol?: No
- Does he smoke?: No (Quit)
- Pankaj Kapur, his father, is an acting legend, and his stepmother is also a well-known actress. He had a great great grandfather who was a film director, screenwriter, novelist, and journalist.
- As an assistant director in TV serials – Mohandas B.A.L.L.B. – he worked before he started acting.
- He didn’t have the money to buy a Pioneer music system in his struggling days, but after he became successful, that company appointed him their brand ambassador.
- A Malayali actor dubbed his unique ascent in the film Chup Chup Ke (2006).
- He became so attached to the cast and crew of his film Vivah that he never wanted to leave the sets and it was also the first time he didn’t want to leave the sets.
- He played a lover in his 2007 movie- Jab We Met with his then real girlfriend- Kareena Kapoor, and the couple was critically acclaimed. In spite of this, they broke during the film’s shooting.
- Priyanka Chopra and Shahid Kapoor fell off a bike while shooting for a scene for Kaminey, when they were riding the bike on a slope and the bike fell on top of them due to mud all around. Shahid took stammering lessons from an ENT specialist for this film. To get the perfect body shape, he was also trained for one long year.
- He is the first Indian actor to fly an American F-16 aircraft.
- In 2010, he started smoking during filming for Milenge Milenge and was not able to quit it after that, but post his marriage, he quit smoking for his wife- Mira.
- He was a non-vegetarian, but he gave up eating all this stuff after reading the book ‘Life is Fair’ by Brian Hines.
- Shahid is known as the ‘Chocolate boy of Bollywood’.
- According to his passport, he uses his stepfather’s surname Rajesh Khattar, which is Shahid Khattar.
- As part of his phenomenal performance in Haider, he went completely bald for a climactic scene, for which he was given a six-page monologue, and the scene took approximately three to four hours to film.
- He was an above-average student and his favorite subject was Science.
- Though Shahid is a devoted follower of Radha Soami, he prefers not to discuss it publicly.
How many cigarettes Shahid Kapoor smoked in Kabir Singh?
Shahid Kapoor smoked 20 cigarettes for ‘Kabir Singh’, showered for 2 hours before going home.
Which is the best Shahid Kapoor movie and why?
His “spectacularly unbridled” performance as a rock-star-drug-addict in film Udta Punjab garnered immense praise from critics and audiences alike which not only solidified his position in the film industry but also ensured that he is going to stay around for much longer and that too as one of the most important personality in Bollywood. From being a lovable boy with that of a chocolaty hero image, he came far enough to be recognized as one of the most hardworking and dedicated actors of today’s generation. His role in Udta Punjab holds no comparison to his debut role in Ishq Vishq.
What are the flop movies of Shahid Kapoor?
Shahid Kapoor’s flop movies are Deewane Huye Paagal (INR 6.2 crores), Mausam( INR 31.6 crores), Paathshaala( INR 11 crores), and Fida (INR 9.7 crores).
Why Shahid Kapoor called Sasha?
There is no such scientific or logical reason behind ‘Sasha’ for addressing Shahid Kapoor. Parents choose that nicknames for their child which are cute to hear, easy to pronounce, and short. His parents Pankaj Kapur and Neelima Azeem might have noticed these parameters while assigning his name. And hence, Sasha a beautiful name is in front of us.
Will Shahid Kapoor replace the space of Shah Rukh Khan in the coming years?
No, If you compare Shahid and Shahrukh, there is a lot of difference. Shahid Kapoor does a lot many films and tries to experiment but then he fails to promote and publicize the movies. On the other hand, Shah rukh can be regarded as a done actor who has completed experimenting and all his films work on his promotional and star power. Even if Shahid attains the star power, he would not be able to have such marketing and business skills as Shahrukh. Additionally, Shahid is a much better actor than Shah rukh as he has acting in his genes and is more or less unexplored completely.