Shah Rukh Khan is one of the legendary stars of the Bollywood industry, who has been ruling the Indian cinematic world for decades. He is a well-known actor, film producer, and television personality. Shah Rukh Khan’s fans also called him as the “King Khan”, “Baadshah of Bollywood”, “SRK”, and “King of Bollywood”. He has appeared in more than 80 Hindi films and earned several awards, including 14 Filmfare Awards.
In terms of follower size and income, he has been described as one of the most successful film stars in the world. Shahrukh Khan was born in a Islamic middle-class family on 2 November 1965 in New Delhi. His father’s name is Late Taj Mohammad Khan, a businessman and had a transport company, and his mother’s name is Late Lateef Fatima was a magistrate as well as a social worker.
His parents had a love marriage, and their love story began in a hospital when his father donated his blood to his mother who was injured. He has one elder sister named Shahnaz Lalarukh. Shah Rukh Khan got married to Gauri Chibber on 25th October 1991, after a long courtship of six years, and the couple is blessed with three children named Aryan, Suhana and their third child is AbRam who is a surrogate child. Gauri is of Punjabi descent and the family follows both Islam and Hinduism.
Shah Rukh Khan Wiki/Bio
|Shah Rukh Khan
• King Khan
• King of Romance
|(as in 2023) 58 Years
|• TV: Fauji (1989)
• Film: Deewana (1992)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|New Delhi, India
|Date of Birth
|2 November 1965 (Tuesday)
|Mannat, Land’s End, Bandstand, Bandra (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400050, India
|New Delhi, India
|Playing Computer Games, Collecting Gadgets, Playing Cricket
|Lateef Fatima (Magistrate, Social Worker)
|Taj Mohammad Khan (Businessman)
|Shahnaz Lalarukh (Elder)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|25 October 1991
|• Aryan Khan
• AbRam Khan
• Suhana Khan
|St. Columba’s School, Delhi
|• Hansraj College, University of Delhi, Delhi
• Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
|• BA (Hons.) in Economics
• Masters Degree in Mass Communications (Filmmaking)
|Actor, Producer, Entrepreneur
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|in centimeters- 169 cm
in meters- 1.69 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|• Audi A6 Luxury Saloon
• Bentley Continental GT
• BMW 6 Series
• BMW 7 Series
• BMW i8
• Bugatti Veyron
• Mitsubishi Pajero SFX
• Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe
• Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
|Tandoori Chicken, Chinese Cuisines
|Hollywood: Michael J. Fox, Peter Sellers
Bollywood: Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan
|Mumtaz, Saira Banu
|Hockey, Football, Cricket
|Favourite TV Show
|Narcos (An American Crime Drama)
|Blue, Black, White
|'Let's do it'
|London & Dubai
|Diptyque, Armani, Tuscany and Azzaro
|The Hitch-Hiker's Guid to The Galaxy (Author Douglas)
|Jeans, T-Shirt, and Jacket
|Favourite Male Co-Stars
|Sanjay Dutt, Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff
|Favourite Female Co-Stars
|Juhi Chawla, Kajol, Madhuri Dixit
|Favourite Film Director
|Favourite Music Director
|A. R. Rahman
|Favourite Soccer Player
|Socrates, Pele, Maradona, and Mattheus
|Favourite Fashion Designer
|Dolce & Gabbana
|Favourite Historical Persons
|Genghis Khan, Hitler, Napoleon
|“Gori Tera Gaon Bada” from the film ‘Chit Chor’
Shah Rukh Khan got primary education from the St. Columba’s School, Delhi, and was an exceptional student. He was also brilliant in sports and was bestowed with the ‘Sword of Honour’, the greatest felicitation given to a student by the institution. Khan joined the Hansraj College located in Delhi and completed his bachelor’s degree in BA (Hons.) in Economics.
During this time, Shah Rukh Khan also got trained in acting under the guidance of Barry John, who was a playwright associated with the Theatre Action Group. Then SRK joined the Jamia Millia Islamia University, to pursue his post-graduate studies in Mass Communication course.
However, he dropped out of the institute and decided to embark on an acting career. For little time, King Khan also joined the National School of Drama, Delhi before his acting career. In 1988, Shah Rukh Khan got his first acting break with the television show ‘Dil Dariya’ which was the directorial venture of Lekh Tandon.
This show’s launch was delayed due to a few production misunderstandings and was released later. In 1989, another series named ‘Fauji’ was marked his debut on television. In the following year, Khan played an important role in daily soap Circus. Along with It, SRK also appeared in some other TV shows, such as ‘Umeed’ and ‘Wagle ki Duniya’, as well as the telefilm named ‘In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones’.
Shah Rukh Khan Net Worth
As of 2022, Shah Rukh Khan’s net worth is estimated to be $800 million, making him one of the richest actors in the world. Various media reports claim that Khan makes Rs 20-25 crore per film, roughly equivalent to $28 million to $35 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
|INR 125 crores
|Actor, Producer, Entrepreneur
Shah Rukh Khan has a house in Mumbai named ‘Mannat’, one of the top 10 luxury villas in the world. Talking about the market value, its price is about INR 250 crores. Shah Rukh Khan has also bought a luxury house in London.
The cost of which is around INR 200 crores. He bought this house in 2009. Shah Rukh Khan is also the owner of IPL(Indian Premier League) franchise Kolkata Knight Riders, which is worth about INR 400 crores. From the beginning to current, Shah Rukh Khan is the only owner of this team.
- In the year 2001, Shah Rukh was accused of illegally using a plot of land, which was given to her mother on an annual license fee. He was charged a fine of Rs 12,627 for not paying the license fee and violating the law and later he also built a residential complex at the site in violation of the law.
- In the year 2008, SRK and Salman Khan landed into a fracas at Katrina Kaif’s birthday party. Reportedly, when Shah Rukh reached the venue with his spouse, Gauri Khan, Salman took a lot of insults at him. Apparently, he was offended with SRK for not doing a cameo in his brother Sohail Khan’s film ‘Main Aur Mrs. Khanna.’
- In the year 2012, he attracted controversy by slapping Shirish Kunder (Farah Khan’s husband) at a party.
- In the same year, during an IPL match at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, he was criticized for manhandling a security guard and was also barred from entering Wankhede stadium.
- In the year 2013, his statement that he was going to have a baby boy through surrogacy was condemned by the Indian Radiological and Imaging Associations. They questioned how could he know the sex of the baby since sex determination is banned in India. However, BMC gave him a clean chit.
- SRK was caught smoking publicly in Rajasthan during an IPL match in 2012.
- One of his major controversies, following his comment on ‘extreme intolerance’ in India at an event. The issue resulted in several protests against him and his then released film “Dilwale.” However, the actor, later cleared that his words were misconstrued and he got into trouble. The actor insisted that he had never said that India was intolerant. He further clarified that when asked to comment on it, he had refused to do so but when he was insisted upon, he commented that the youth should concentrate on making India a secular and progressive country.
- In the year 2016, he was accused by the local group of flouting heritage rules and building a ramp outside his bungalow, which was demolished by the BMC officials.
- The actor also attracted criticism after he made the statement that he sometimes became an inadvertent object of political leaders. After Khan’s statement, Lashkar-E-Taiba founder and one of the most wanted terrorists, Hafiz Saeed said that Shah Rukh will be welcomed in Pakistan and will have the freedom to live there for as long as he wants. However, later, the actor condemned his statements.
- In the year 2018, Shah Rukh’s former chartered accountant and confidant, Moreshwar Ajgaonkar, told the income-tax-officials that SRK used forged documents to purchase his Alibag plot. Reportedly, King Khan purchased agricultural land for agricultural purposes but instead constructed a super-luxury bungalow on it.
In 1991, director Mani Kaul’s series ‘Idiot’ featured him, and the same year, this aspiring actor traveled to Mumbai (then Bombay), with a dream to join the Indian film industry. The same year he appeared in 4 films and started shooting for ‘Dil Aashna Hai’, which was a debut for actress Hema Malini. His film ‘Deewana’ was released in the year 1992, and thus the actor’s Bollywood journey began.
In 1993, he played the anti-hero in the movies ‘Darr’ and ‘Baazigar’. The same year, his film ‘Maya Memsaab’, was released. The movie was surrounded by a lot of controversies due to some scenes, with actress Deepa Sahi. The same year, his films ‘Anjaam’ and ‘Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa’ was also released. In 1995, the re-incarnation themed film of the actor Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan, titled ‘Karan Arjun’ was released.
The turning point for Khan’s career was 1995’s film ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’. The movie was released by the popular movie banner ‘Yash Raj Films’ and was the directorial debut of Aditya Chopra. This movie was a huge hit at the box office and broken all previous records in the Indian film industry.
This film has been running in cinema halls since 1995 and is still being exhibited. From 1997 to 99, he played the lead role in Pardes, Duplicate, Dil Toh Pagal Hai, Dil Se, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, and Badshah. His roles in these movies helped him a lot to become an icon of the Bollywood industry.
In 1999, Along with actress Juhi Chawla and director Aziz Mirza, SRK established the production house Dreamz Unlimited. The first film of Dreamz Unlimited was ‘Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani’ in 2000, which starred Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla. In the following year, his next movie Mohabbatein was released under ‘Yash Raj Films’.
In this movie along with SRK, the great actor Amitabh Bachchan is also featured as a lead actor. In 2001, SRK’s film ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham was released under Dharma Productions and directed by renowned filmmaker Karan Johar. This movie garnered the highest international box office collection for a period of five years.
In 2002, SRK appeared as lead actor in Devdas, directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. The film was highly acclaimed by fans and critics. Into the period of 2003-07, SRK as a lead actor in several films that went on to become a superhit. These films include Kal Ho Naa Ho, Veer-Zaara, Chalte Chalte, Swades, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Main Hoon Na, Paheli, Don, Om Shanti Om, and Chak De! India.
In 2007, SRK hosted the famous quiz show Kaun Banega Crorepati. He was also a host of other TV shows such as Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain and Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout. SRK did a true event-based movie ‘My Name Is Khan’ in 2010, and this film was much acclaimed. The movie went highest-grossing Indian films in the foreign markets as well as in India.
During 2011-14, Shah Rukh Khan did few more movies such as Ra One, Don 2, Jab Tak hai Jaan, Chennai Express, and Happy New Year. In the next 4 years, he appeared in Fan, Dear Zindagi, Raees, Jab Harry Met Sejal, and Zero.
Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman
Dil Aashna Hai
|Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa
Oh Darling! Yeh Hai India!
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
|English Babu Desi Mem
Dushman Duniya Ka
Dil To Pagal Hai
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
|Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani
Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega
|One 2 Ka 4
Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...
|Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam
Shakti: The Power
Kal Ho Naa Ho
|Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke
Main Hoon Na
|Kuchh Meetha Ho Jaye
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
Don – The Chase Begins Again
I See You
|Chak De! India
Om Shanti Om
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
|Luck by Chance
|Dulha Mil Gaya
My Name Is Khan
Shahrukh Bola "Khoobsurat Hai Tu"
|Love Breakups Zindagi
|Student of the Year
Jab Tak Hai Jaan
Happy New Year
Tutak Tutak Tutiya
Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
Jab Harry Met Sejal
|The Zoya Factor
The Lion King
TV Shows & Serials List
Wagle Ki Duniya
In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones
|The Forgotten Army - Azaadi Ke Liye
Facts About Shah Rukh Khan
- Does Shah Rukh Khan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does Shah Rukh Khan smoke?: Yes
- His first salary was ₹50, which he earned by working as an escort at Pankaj Udhas‘s concert in Delhi.
- After receiving his first salary, SRK took the train and visited the Taj Mahal.
- Before entering the field of acting, Shah Rukh wanted to join the Indian Army.
- Although he doesn’t stammer in his real life, his dialogue “I love you K…k…k Kiran” from the film “Darr” became an evergreen hit.
- He has a fear of riding horses and hates eating ice-creams.
- The UNOPS delegated him as the first global ambassador of the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council for various government campaigns, including “Pulse Polio” and “National AIDS Control Organisation.” He has also been the brand ambassador for various government campaigns, including “Pulse Polio” and “National AIDS Control Organisation.”
- In the year 2012, Khan made his first on-screen kiss in the film Jab Tak Hai Jaan.
- In 2013, Shah Rukh Khan founded the Meer Foundation (NGO), which works to rehabilitate burn and acid attack survivors and empower women in India.
- SRK produced TED Talks India Nayi Soch in 2017 for TED conferences.
- SRK has his wax statue showcased in London’s Madame Tussaud’s Museum.
- SRK has charmed the people worldwide with his signature pose, i.e., spreading his arms wide open unto the blue azure skies.
- Shah Rukh Khan’s birth name was Abdul Rehman, which was given to him by his maternal grandmother. His father later changed it to Shah Rukh Khan.
- When SRK was a child, his family lived in a rental house. At first, they lived in a bungalow in Rajinder Nagar’s F Block. When Shah Rukh turned 15, they moved to Gautam Nagar.
- In an interview, SRK revealed that his mother was a South-Indian and belonged to Andhra Pradesh, who later moved to Karnataka.
- According to SRK, my grandparents adopted me when my parents were struggling to make ends meet. As a result, I spent my first five or six years of life in Bengaluru.
- SRK has an immense love for video games.
- Shahrukh means ‘Face of the King’, but Shah Rukh Khan prefers to be known as that.
- In addition to playing football, hockey, and cricket, Shah Rukh also enjoyed flying kites, playing Gilli-Danda, and playing Kancha (marbles).
- During an interview, he shared that he doesn’t take shower on Sundays.
- He was just 15 years old when his father died due to cancer in 1981.
- He mimicked legendary Bollywood actors such as Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Mumtaz, etc. in his youth.
- Khan is very superstitious about the number 555, as he believes it brings him good luck. Aside from that, most of his cars have the registration number 555, as well as his personal e-mail account.
- Even though he believes in Islam, he values his wife’s religion and teaches his children to do the same. The Qur’an was positioned next to the Hindu gods at SRK’s home.
- SRK made headlines in 2019 when he appeared in a series of videos for Dubai Tourism’s #BeMyGuest campaign. He was pictured alongside Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor as they worked together to solve a riddle in Dubai.
- Shah Rukh Khan revealed in an interview that he was not a nature lover.
- Shah Rukh Khan appeared on David Letterman’s Netflix talk show in October 2019.
- SRK is a night person and sleeps every day at around 5 in the morning.
What happened between Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan?
There are basically two major fights that the two had so far. One happened when SRK was shooting with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan for ‘Chalte Chalte’. Salman and Aish had broken up recently and the actor would reportedly come on the sets and create a ruckus. When Shahrukh intervened, Salman fought with him too.
How is Shah Rukh Khan as a person?
Apart from his exceptional acting talent, Shah Rukh Khan is known for his gentlemanly behavior and his sharp wit. From celebrities to regular people, each person has their own story of how the actor won them over with his charm.
Who is better SRK or Salman Khan?
Though Shah Rukh got his first hit playing the anti-hero, he has since played nothing new in his movies. Salman on the other hand has tried something new from sensitive, funny, aggressive, charming-as the role demands.
Is SRK an introvert?
In a recent interview, however, King Khan said that he is “pathetic with relationships” and “extremely closeted, introverted, shy, reclusive and completely shut off” about his emotions.
Who is the king of Bollywood?
Shah Rukh Khan is known as the King of Bollywood.