Sanjeeda Sheikh is an Indian actress who works in the Hindi television industry. She established herself as one of the most popular actresses in the television industry. Sanjeeda Sheikh is best known as a Soap Opera Actress. Most famous for her starring role as Nimmo in the Indian soap opera Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa, this popular actress also appeared in several other television series, including Kayamath and Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan.
She was born on December 20, 1984, in Kuwait City, Kuwait. She and her husband and fellow actor, Aamir Ali, were the champions of the third season of an Indian reality television dance competition called Nach Bailye. Early in her career, she played a cameo role in the 2003 Bollywood film Baghban. She is one of the successful Soap Opera Actress. She has ranked on the list of those famous people who were born on December 20, 1984. She is one of the Richest Soap Opera Actress who was born in Kuwait.
- Rochelle Rao Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Family, Wiki, Net Worth
- Mohit Raina Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki, Net Worth
Sanjeeda Sheikh Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Sanjeeda Sheikh|
|Nick Name||Sanji and Sanju|
|Age||(as in 2022) 38 Years|
|Debut||Film: Baghban (2003)|
TV: Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa (2006)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||Kuwait City, Kuwait|
|Date of Birth||20 December 1984|
|Home Town||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|Hobbies||Dancing and cooking|
|Mother's Name||Not Known|
|Father's Name||Not Known|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Aamir Ali (Actor)|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Aamir Ali (Actor)|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 4"
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 52 Kg|
in Pounds- 115 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Film||Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge|
|Favourite Food||Vanilla Ice-cream, tandoori chicken, pizza and pasta|
|Controversies||Rakhi Sawant and her then-boyfriend Abhishek Awasthi alleged that Star Plus deliberately did something to help Sanjeeda and Aamir to win Nach Baliye 3.|
Sanjeeda Sheikh Family
Sanjeeda Sheikh was born on December 20, 1984, into a Muslim family living in Kuwait. She has a brother named Anas Abdul, whose wife later accused him (along with other members of the Sheikh family) of domestic violence and abuse.
She initially wanted to pursue a career in dance, working as a choreographer and moving to Mumbai to start a dance studio with a friend. Sheikh married her longtime boyfriend and professional partner on shows such as ‘Nach Baliye,’ Aamir Ali, on March 2, 2012.
On May 29, 2017, her brother, Anas’ wife, Zakerabanu Zakir Hussain Bagban, alleged that Sheikh, Anas, and their mother had assaulted her in their Mumbai home while she spoke to another family member on the phone. In response to the FIR lodged by Bagban, Sheikh sought to prove that she had been working elsewhere on the day in question. The Ahmedabad High Court granted her interim relief and waived the service of notice. Sheikh’s lawyer later called the claims ‘baseless’ and a ploy to ‘harass’ the actress.
Sanjeeda Sheikh Net Worth
Sanjeeda is one of the leading actresses who has appeared in both Bollywood as well as TV industry. She charges around 50-55 thousand INR per episode, which made her estimated net worth around $2 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$2 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||INR 50-55 thousand per episode|
- Sheikh moved to act from dance early in her career and made her film debut in the Amitabh Bachchan-starrer family drama, ‘Baghban’ in 2003. Two years later, she acted in the Tamil film, ‘Ponniyin Selvan’ (2005).
- In 2006, she made her television debut in the Bajaj Telefilm comedy, ‘Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka,’ where she played the role of ‘Nimmo.’ This role established Sheikh’s comedic screen presence. The character also incorporated elements of drama and romance alongside comedy.
- In 2007, she played the antagonist in the Star Plus series ‘Kayamath.’ Her role as a prototypical vamp gained much acclaim and the series grew very popular, eventually becoming one of Star Plus’ top ten shows of all time.
- In the same year, Sheikh ventured back into the dance with her partner, Aamir Ali. The couple participated together in ‘Nach Baliye 3’, a dance reality show that pits celebrity couples against each other. Despite stiff opposition from noted Indian reality TV personality, Rakhi Sawant, and her then-partner, Abhishek Awasthi, Sheikh, and Ali won the competition.
- After ‘Nach Baliye,’ the partners continued to work together, starring together next in the 9X series ‘Kya Dill Mein Hain,’ where they played each other’s love interest.
- As previous winners of ‘Nach Baliye’, Sheikh and Ali were also given the opportunity to host ‘Nach Baliye 4’ in 2008 (broadcast simultaneously in India and the United States). As the season progressed, they were replaced by Sara Khan and Ali Merchant, and later, Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan Tejwani.
- In 2010, she returned to ‘Star One’ to star in ‘Jaane Pehchane Se Yeh Ajnabi,’ where she played a woman who survives a murder attempt and returns to seek revenge on her attackers.
- Later that year, she participated in another dance competition– ‘Zara Nachke Dikha’– which, like ‘Nach Baliye,’ allowed film and television celebrities to showcase their dance skills (albeit unaccompanied by their real-life partners). Sanjeeda won this competition.
- In 2011, Sheikh appeared as the female protagonist in ‘Hi! Padosi…Kaun Hain Doshi?” which began as a comedy, but later turned into a drama series named ‘Piya La Ghar Pyaara Lage’.
- Next, she appeared in Zee’s remake of the Bengali hit ‘Khela’ in Hindi. The new adaptation was named ‘Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan’ and aired in 2013.
- The year 2014 brought her much critical acclaim and recognition as she returned to ‘Star Plus’ to star in the crime-thriller ‘Ek Hasina Thi’ (loosely based on ABC drama ‘Revenge’). The show became Star Plus’ most popular show during its airtime and garnered several awards for its cast.
- After ‘Ek Hasina Thi,’ Sheikh and Ali returned to reality television for Sony’s ‘Power Couple’ in 2015. Unfortunately, the couple, who were married by now, did not win and were eliminated.
- In 2016, she made her Colors debut with ‘Ishq Ka Rang Safed,’ playing a mother for the first time.
- She was reunited with ‘Ek Hasina Thi’ co-star Vatsal Sheth in ‘Gehraiyaan,’ a supernatural-focused web-series. Sheikh played the lead role here.
- She currently plays a fictional actress, Kamini Mathur, in the Star Plus romantic drama ‘Love Ka Hai Intezaar’ opposite model and actor Keith Sequeira.
- Sheikh’s scene-stealing role as the vamp, Ayesha, in Star Plus series ‘Kayamath’ (2007–2009) propelled the show to much success and critical acclaim.
- Her great dance skills were on display in the dance competitions ‘Nach Baliye 3’ and ‘Zara Nachke Dikha,’ and she won both the shows.
- Her most successful role to date has been of ‘Durga Thakur’ in ‘Ek Hasina Thi,’ where she attempts to bring a prominent family to justice for the rape and torture of her sister.
Awards & Achievements
Sheikh’s performance in ‘Kayamath’ won her popular support as well as two awards– the ‘Star Parivaar Award’ for ‘Favorite Saut’ (2007) and the ‘Zee Gold Award’ for ‘Best Actress in a Negative Role’ (2008). She was also nominated for an ‘Indian Telly Award’ for ‘Best Actress in a Negative Role’ (2008) but did not win. In 2009, Sheikh and Ali won the ‘Dishiest Couple’ award from the DNA ‘After Hours Food Awards.’ Sheikh won a second ‘Zee Gold Award’ for ‘Most Stylish Actress’ in 2011.
Her work on ‘Ek Hasina Thi’ also gained much critical acclaim, resulting in five award nominations, two of which she won– the ‘Star Parivaar Award’ for ‘Most Stylish Female Sadasya’ (2014) and the ‘Indian Television Academy Award’ for ‘Gr8 Performer of the Year’ (2014).
- Niti Taylor Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki, Net Worth
- Reyhna Malhotra Bio, Age, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki & Net Worth
Some known facts about Sanjeeda Sheikh
- Does Sanjeeda Sheikh smoke?: No
- Does Sanjeeda Sheikh drink alcohol?: No
- Sanjeeda initially worked as a choreographer before getting into acting.
- In 2007, she won Nack Baliye 3 with her husband Aamir Ali. Sanjeeda Sheikh and Aamir Ali won Nach Baliye 3
- She also contested in Sony TV’s adventure show Power Couple with her husband in 2015.
- She has a pet dog called Bravo.
Who is the husband of sanjeeda Sheikh?
Aamir Ali (m. 2012)
What is the age of sanjeeda Sheikh?
38 years (20 December 1984)
Where is sanjeeda Sheikh from?”]Kuwait City, Kuwait
Who is adeeba to sanjeeda?
Sanjeeda Sheikh is an Indian actress who works in the Hindi television industry. She established herself as one of the most popular actresses in the television industry.
What does sanjida mean?
A user from Bangladesh says the name Sanjida is of Muslim origin and means “Girls”. According to a user from New York, the United States, the name Sanjida is of Arabic origin and means “Peace lover, Quiet, Royal, Peaceful, Tolerate”.