Sanam Puri Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Sanam Puri is an Indian playback singer and the lead vocalist of the band, SQS. He rose to fame after he gave numbers of old movies songs remake. Now, the band is famous for the name ‘Sanam Band’ which has its magic all over the world. Born on 30th June 1992, Sanam Puri has given numbers of hit songs in Bollywood movies including Gabbar Is Back, Gori Tere Pyaar Mein, Hamshakals. Besides solo songs, Sanam with his team has sung the song ‘Main Hoon’ for the movie “The Amazing Spiderman 2”.
He has worked with singers AR Rehman, Mika Singh, Aditi Singh Sharma. He presented his first song in Gori Tere Pyaane Dhat Tere Ki Ke and Imran Khan and Isha Gupta for the song. Sanam Puri also worked for singles, film songs and albums. See below for Sanam Puri Viki, Biography, Age, Song, Video, Album, Picture and more.
Sanam Puri Family
- Sanam Puri was born in Delhi and went to Indian School, Muscat, Oman. He graduated from Kirori Mal College but gave up to follow his passion for music.
- He started learning music at the age of 6 and learned to play the guitar and the piano himself. His singing career began at the age of six. He wishes to thank his mother and brother for encouraging him to pursue his passion.
Real Name Sanam Puri
Nickname Not Known
Profession Playback Singer, Lead Vocalist, Songwriter
Height (Approx.) in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
Weight (Approx.) in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
Body Measurements (Approx.) – Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
Eye Colour Dark Brown
Hair Colour Black
Date of Birth 30 June 1992
Age (as in 2017) 25 Years
Birth Place New Delhi, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Cancer
Hometown New Delhi, India
School Indian School, Muscat, Oman
College Kirori Mal College, New Delhi
Educational Qualification College Dropout
Singing Debut Album: Supastas (2011)
Bollywood: Dhat Teri Ki from the movie Gori Tere Pyaar Mein (2013)
Family Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Samar Puri (Lead Guitarist of their band)
Sister- Not Known
Hobbies Travelling, playing video games
Sanam puri Career
- He is the singer of the popular digital music group SANAM. His SANAM group includes his brother Samar Puri, Keshav Dhanraj and Venkat Subramaniam. They gave a lot of shows together, including their performance for the 50th anniversary of the independence of the Maldives.
- In 2001, Times Music launched a hunt for a national pop band called “SUPERSTAR” in which the SQS group was elected. His first recording was Dhat Teri Ki for the movie Gori Tere Pyar Mein, a film by Kareena Kapoor and Imran Khan. He is a well-known YouTube celebrity.
- He also has more than 435 K followers on Instagram and the number of his fans is growing rapidly. He has two albums Superstars and Samar Sanam. He had won more than 36 trophies in 3 years when he was in Delhi.
- Sanam’s favorite bands are the Silk Route and The Beatles. Sanam Puri was unhappy not to have been credited for his song ‘Coffee Peetey Peetey’ which appeared in the movie Gabbar is Back. Sanam also writes lyrics. He started writing at the age of 12.
- In 2013, they hired Ben Thomas as a manager, who also directed singers such as Sonu Nigam and Vishal- Shekar. They renamed the name of their group SQS to SANAM, which means love in different languages such as Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Persian, and Arabic.
- Their band even had the opportunity to record Hindi Song for the Hollywood movie “The Amazing Spider-Man 2”. The track was used to promote the film in India. His hobbies are traveling and video games.
- Sanam puri is an inspiration for many young people who dream of becoming singers or have their own group in India. We should encourage such talent and bring the best of them. We are looking forward to hearing more beautiful songs and compositions from Sanam and his band.
- On April 1, 2017, Channel V announced the launch of its latest property, Only On V, with an exclusive partnership with the Sanam Group. The group wants to spread love and happiness through their music and sees this opportunity as one of their greatest achievements.
- Their support for eBay, an online retail giant, and its #NoWorld withoutoutwomen campaign, has been very well received. In 2017, the group organized a series of concerts as part of Pledge Tour in order not only to give fantastic time to the audience but also to raise the issue of the increasing number of cases of sexual abuse on children in India, in association with a Chennai-based NGO, Justice & Hope.
- In February 2018, Sanam was named the artist of the month on MTV Beats for its new Sanam Mennu release.
- MTV has defeated Hindi Music 24×7, through a series of programs specially prepared under the concept of Month of Love, with the group SANAM in three of its broadcasts.
- Sanam – Pop band
Sanam Puri Controversy
Sanam Puri was unhappy not to have been credited for his song ‘Coffee Peetey Peetey’ which appeared in the movie Gabbar is Back.
Sanam puri Filmography
2013 – Gori Tere Pyarr ( “Dhat Teri Ki”)
2013 – Ishk Actually ( “Lucky Bulava”)
2014 – Hasee Toh Phasee (“ Ishq Bulava”)
2014 – Chandamama kthalu (“E Kadha” )
2014 – Hamshakals ( “Barbaad Raat”)
Sanam Puri Awards
- Times Music Supastars winners in 2010 as SQS project.
- Best creator of musical content (national category) at the Amravati Social Media Summit & Awards in 2017 by the AP Minister of Tourism, Bhuma Akhila Priya, and the deputy Kesineni Srinivas.
- Sanam Wins Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Award for Live Band 2019 on February 20, 2019.
- Sanam won the RADIO CITY FREEDOM AWARDS 2019 award for his song #SANAMOriginal “ITNI DOOR” in Best Pop Artist (Public Choice).
Sanam Puri Net Worth
Net worth: 4 million (estimated) dollars.
Some Known Facts About Sanam Puri
- Does Sanam Puri smoke: Not Known
- Does Sanam Puri drink alcohol: Not Known
- Sanam started writing song lyrics at a very young age of 12. His parents, after realizing his talent, offered him full support in fulfilling his dream of becoming a singer.
- He won as many as 36 trophies in various singing competitions during his three years of college in Delhi.
- In the year 2010, Sanam formed a pop band with his brother, Samar, and two of his close friends. The 4-membered-band named SQS Supastars then auditioned for Times Music Pop Band Hunt, which they eventually won.
- Soon after winning the competition, the band moved to Mumbai and ‘re-branded’ itself as the SQS Project.
- In 2013, the ‘SQS project’ hired Ben Thomas as its manager. Notably, Ben Thomas has previously managed pop stars like Sonu Nigam and Vishal–Shekhar.
- Sanam Puri says that their YouTube rise was accidental and that they had no plans to release their singles on the video platform. In an interview, he said, “I had recorded some videos to be pitched to a few agents for live concerts globally. For fun, I put them on YouTube, too. A few months later, we received an $800 cheque from Google.”
- By 2014, the band had renamed itself for the third time. The re-branded band now called itself- ‘Sanam‘. The word Sanam stands for love in various languages like Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Persian, and Arabic. Sanam’s ambition is to revive the indie music culture in India, once shaped by bands like ‘Silk Route.’
- The band even got the opportunity to record a Hindi song titled ‘Main Hoon’ for the 2014 Hollywood film- The Amazing Spider-Man 2. The track was utilized to promote the movie in India.