The Peruvian professional footballer Raul Mario Ruidiaz Misitich (born 25 July 1990) is a striker for the Major League Soccer team Seattle Sounders FC and the Peruvian national team. Due to his small frame and ability to get past defenders with excellent ball control, he has acquired the nickname “The Flea”. The 21-year-old Ruidiaz began his professional career with Universitario de Deportes, a powerful club in Peru, where he became an idol during the 2011 season.
In January 2012, he joined the Primera División team of the Universidad de Chile. It is believed that Raul Ruidiaz was born in VillaMaria del Triunfo, Peru to his father, Raul Ruidiaz Chuica, and his mother, Tatiana Miletich. Raul Ruidiaz is married and has a son and a daughter. He shared an adorable video on his Instagram account on the occasion of Father’s Day.
Raul Ruidiaz Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Raul Ruidiaz. It gives you the ability to read through the Peruvian footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Raúl Mario Ruidíaz Misitich|
|Nickname/ Popular Name/ Shirt Name||The Flea|
|Age||33 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Villa María del Triunfo, Peru|
|Date of Birth||25 July 1990|
|Residence||Villa María del Triunfo, Peru|
|Home Town||Villa María del Triunfo, Peru|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Tatiana Misitich|
|Father's Name||Raúl Ruidíaz Chuica|
|Brother(s)||Yamir Ruidiaz Misitich|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Daughter(s)- 1- Name Not Available|
Son(s)- 1- Name Not Available
|School||Universitario youth academy|
|College/University||Universitario youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||FFOSA Sports|
|Debut For Current Club Team||• 2018: Seattle Sounders FC|
|Debut For Current Senior International Team||• 2011: Peru national football team|
|Jersey Number (2022-23)||• 9 (Seattle Sounders FC)|
• 30 (Peru national football team)
|Current Teams||• Seattle Sounders FC|
• Peru national football team
|Achievements||Universitario de Deportes|
• Torneo Descentralizado: 2009, 2013
Universidad de Chile
• Primera División de Chile: 2012 Apertura
Seattle Sounders FC
• MLS Cup: 2019
• CONCACAF Champions League: 2022
• Copa América runner-up: 2019; third place: 2011
• Peruvian Primera División top scorer: 2013 Torneo Descentralizado
• Liga MX Golden Boot: Apertura 2016, Clausura 2017
• Liga MX Best XI: Apertura 2016, Clausura 2017
• Liga MX Best Forward: 2016–17
• Liga MX Balón de Oro: 2016–17
• MLS Cup Playoffs top scorer: 2019
• MLS Best XI: 2020, 2021
• MLS All-Star: 2021, 2022
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 169 cm|
in meters- 1.69 m
in feet inches- 5'7"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg|
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Peruvian|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||7 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||9 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Raul Ruidiaz Net Worth
In 2023, what will Raul Ruidiaz’s salary be?
In Jul 2018 Raul Ruidiaz signed a contract with Seattle Sounders FC that extended in Feb 2022 and ends in Dec 2024 which netted him a whopping salary of £2,186,740 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £6,007 per day and £250 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$18 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$16 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$15 Million|
|SALARY UPDATE 2023||His current club salary and several other earnings are included in the salary data below.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£2,186,740|
|Per Month Salary||£182,228|
|Per Week Salary||£42,052|
|Per Day Salary||£6,007|
|Per Hour Salary||£250|
|Per Minute Salary||£4.1|
|Current Contract||With Seattle Sounders FC|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 10, 2018|
|Contract Expires||Dec 31, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$7.00 Million|
|Market Value||$6.60 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$8.80 Million (Jul 9, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Raul Ruidiaz has an estimated net worth of around $18 Million, and his market value is about $6.60 million.
Raul Ruidiaz FIFA 22 – Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Raul Ruidiaz has an overall rating of 78 with a potential of 78. Raul Ruidiaz has got a 4-star skillmoves rating.
Raul Ruidiaz FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|75||Heading Accuracy||69||FK Accuracy|
|68||Short Passing||56||Long Passing|
|36||Defensive Awareness||23||Sliding Tackle|
He prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrates are Medium / High. Raul Ruidiaz’s height is 169 cm and his weight is estimated at 65 kg according to our database. Currently, Raul Ruidiaz is playing with the numbers 9 and 30.
- When Ruidiaz was eight years old, he made his first steps in club football with Universitario de Deportes, a club in the Primera División of Lima.
- It was in January 2008 that the player was promoted to the first adult team and immediately loaned to América Cochahuayco, the club’s affiliate team, under the guidance of coach Héctor Chumpitaz, a former player of the Peruvian national team at the 1982 World Cup.
- He scored his first professional goal against Hijos de Acosvinchos. In the aftermath of the arrival of Jorge Gonzáles, he began playing as a striker.
- At the age of 19, Ruidiaz made his professional debut in the Peruvian First Division against Total Chalaco in the Monumental on 4 October 2009.
- He was playing from the beginning of the match by the coach at the time, Juan Reynoso, which finished 2–1 in favor of Universitario.
- During the Peruvian 2009 Championship, he scored three goals in seven games and won his first national title with Universitario de Deportes.
- Due to his ability to charge a player one-on-one and his unique technical abilities, Ruidiaz has been referred to as small Messi (little Messi) in his homeland.
- In 2010, the Brazilian newspaper O Globo listed Ruidiaz among the greatest talents of South American football.
Universidad de Chile
On 20 January 2012, Ruidiaz was announced as the new player of Universidad de Chile in the Primera División. Due to his lack of match fitness and the emergence of young talented strikers at Universidad de Chile, Raul Ruidiaz fell out of favor with the manager.
It was mutually agreed that Ruidiaz would be released by Universidad de Chile on 15 July 2012.
- After participating in the Copa América Centenario, Ruidiaz signed a season-long loan deal with Mexican club Monarcas Morelia for a reported fee of €105,000.
- In Morelia, he was presented to the media on 1 July 2016 and was given the number 9 shirt. On 15 July 2016, Ruidiaz made his Liga MX debut, replacing Diego Valdés in a 2–0 loss to Tijuana.
- A week later, Ruidiaz scored his first goal in Morelia’s home opener against Querétaro, a 2–2 draw.
- Against Santos Laguna, Ruidiaz scored a hat-trick in a 4–2 away victory on 1 August 2016.
- He finished the season with 11 goals, making him the season’s top scorer along with Tijuana’s Dayro Moreno.
- A commemorative plaque was presented to Ruidiaz at Estadio Morelos in honor of his first Liga MX scoring title before Morelia’s Clausura 2017 home opener against Tijuana.
- The second goal was scored by Ruidiaz in Morelia’s 2–0 victory over Tijuana in its opening match.
- Morelia announced later that night that Ruidiaz had been assigned permanently for a period of three years.
- Ruidiaz scored his second hat-trick for Morelia in a 4–0 victory over UNAM later in the season.
- Against Monterrey, Ruidiaz scored the crucial game-winning goal in the season’s final game.
- As a result of the goal, Morelia avoided relegation, qualified for Liga MX and Ruidiaz won his second straight Liga MX scoring title.
Seattle Sounders FC
- It was reported on 6 June 2018 that Ruidiaz would be signing a contract with Seattle Sounders FC of Major League Soccer.
- Announcing Ruidiaz as a Designated Player on June 29, the club made the signing official.
- As a result of his efforts, he set club records for being the player with the most consecutive appearances (8 games) and being the fastest to 10 goals in MLS play (in 14 games).
- Seattle FC defeated Toronto FC 3-1 in the MLS Cup Final on 10 November 2019. Ruidiaz scored Seattle’s final goal.
- He scored two goals in the 2022 CONCACAF Champions League Final. His club won 5–2 on aggregate by defeating UNAM 3–0 in the second leg.
- On 7 June 2011, Ruidiaz made his international debut against Japan in Niigata, drawing 0–0.
- As a member of the Peruvian squad that finished 3rd after a 4-1 victory over Venezuela, Ruidiaz was called up by coach Sergio Markarián to represent Peru in the Copa América held in Argentina. Ruidiaz participated in only one match in the tournament, against Chile, in which Peru lost by 1 goal.
- In 2016, Ruidiaz was selected as a member of Peru’s 23-man squad for the Copa América Centenario.
- With his arm, Ruidiaz guided the ball into the net in the 75th minute of Peru’s third group match against Brazil on 12 June 2016.
- As a result of a lengthy discussion between the referee and his assistant, the goal stood, and Brazil lost 1–0, resulting in their elimination from the competition.
- Per qualified for the knockout stage as the winner of Group B as a result of result.
- For the 2018 World Cup in Russia, he was named to Peru’s provisional 24-man squad in May 2018.
Raul Ruidiaz rejoined the Sounders on Thursday after an unsatisfactory experience with his Peru national team. The striker suffered an apparent ankle injury Tuesday in his first start for the team since 2020, subbing off in the 12th minute in the friendly against El Salvador.
He is 33 years old as of 2023.
He is 5’7″ or 169 cm tall.
He was born in Villa María del Triunfo a district of the Lima Province in Peru. It is located in the Cono Sur area of the city of Lima.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Raul Ruidiaz worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Raul Ruidiaz has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Peruvian footballer. Hopefully, Raul Ruidiaz’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Raul Ruidiaz.