Rupali Ganguly was born on 5 April 1977 in Kolkata, West Bengal. She is the daughter of the famous film director Anil Ganguly. Ganguly was brought up in a film background family. She was fond of acting and dancing since childhood. After completing her studies, she got the opportunity to play the lead role in the television serial Sukanya, but on television, she gained fame from 2003 Star Plus show Sanjivani, in this show, she played the role of Dr. Simran. After this show, she never looked back. She appeared in many popular shows like Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Bidaai, Anupamaa, etc.
She has participated in the dance reality show Zara Nachke Dikha, and Bigg Boss (Season 1) (2006) and stunt/dare reality game show, Fear Factor Khatron Ke Khiladi Level 2 (2009). She also gave voice over in animation film, Dashavatar (2008). In 2000, she established an advertising agency in Mumbai. Presently, she is a regular anchor of Bioscope, a films-based TV show telecast on the national channel of Doordarshan. She also played in a New York Life commercial with Ravi Kishen.
Rupali Ganguly Bio/ Wiki
[table id=1570 /]
Family, Education & More
Rupali was born in Kolkata, the daughter of director Anil Ganguly. She studied hotel management and theatre before being chosen for the lead role in a television show, Sukanya. Ganguly married Ashwin K Verma, on 6 February 2013. She has a son, born on 25 August 2013.
Rupali Ganguly Net Worth
Rupali Ganguly’s net worth is $1.5 Million – $5 Million (USD). Rupali Ganguly’s earnings for the year have yet to be determined, but she is likely to see an increase in pay. We are in the process of reviewing Rupali Ganguly’s salary, so check back soon. We are constantly updating this page with new financial and earning details.
[table id=1571 /]
We use publicly available data and resources to ensure that Rupali Ganguly’s net worth estimate and wealth calculation is accurate and up to date. All net worths are fact-checked and confirmed by our users. While it’s relatively simple to predict her income, it’s harder to know Rupali Ganguly’s expenses over the years.
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Movies and TV Shows – Career
- She started her television career with Sukanya. It was followed by many hit tele serials which made Rupali Ganguly a popular television actress and a household name. But it was two particular tele serials that shot her to instant stardom and popularity, Star Plus’s Sanjivani where she played the role of Dr. Simran for which she was nominated for best telly actress award and start one’s hilarious and cult comedy show Sarabhai V/S Sarabhai where she played the role of a bubbly homemaker Monisha Sarabhai.
- Some of the other popular tele serials in which Rupali featured in pivotal roles are- Kahani Ghar Ghar ki, Kavvyanjali, Adaalat, Parrvarrishh, Baa, bahoo aur baby, Aap ki Antara, Dil hai ki manta nahin, etc. Rupali Ganguly married her long term beau businessman Ashwin K Verma in the year 2013 and this wonderful couple was blessed with a baby boy in the same year.
- Rupali Ganguly was also seen on some of the most successful and famous Hindi reality television shows like- season 1, Khatron ke Khiladi, etc. Rupali Ganguly owns an advertisement agency and is currently seen anchoring a film-related show Bioscope on National television channel Doordarshan.
- Her first acting assignment, at the age of 7, was the film Saaheb (1985), followed by a part in her father’s film, Balidan.
- She made her television debut in Sukanya in 2000 and also appeared in Sanjivani and Bhabhi.
- In 2003, she was selected for a part in Sarabhai vs Sarabhai in which she played Monisha. In Ekta Kapoor’s Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii she played Gayatri.
- In 2006, she participated in the reality show Bigg Boss in its first season.
- In 2008, she participated in the reality show Zara Nachke Dikha along with Karishma Tanna, Jennifer Winget & Mouni Roy.
- In 2009, she participated in Colors TV’s stunt/dare reality game show, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 2 (2009).
- She also gave voice over in animation film, Dashavatar (2008).
- In 2000, she established an advertising agency in Mumbai. She has been a regular anchor of Bioscope; a films-based TV show telecast on the national channel of Doordarshan.
[table id=1572 /]
- Does Rupali smoke?: Not Known
- Does Rupali drink alcohol?: Yes
- Rupali Ganguly was born and brought up in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- In 1985, she started her career as a child artist in the film Saaheb.
- She appeared in the first season of Bigg Boss Show and appeared as a contestant in the show.
- She has also given her voice in the animation film Dashavatar.
- Rupali is also a businesswoman, she runs her own advertising agency in Mumbai which she founded in 2000.
- She has also hosted Doordarshan’s films-based TV show Bioscope.
- She participated in Colors TV’s stunt show, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 2 as a contestant in 2009.