The Uruguayan professional footballer Carlos Sebastian Sosa Silva (born 19 August 1986) plays goalkeeper for the Argentine Primera División club Independiente and the Uruguay national team. Sosa debuted for Peñarol in 2007. A loan spell at Central Espanol followed in 2008, where he played 28 games in two years, before returning to Peñarol. Boca Juniors signed the Uruguayan goalkeeper in July 2011. Afterward, Sosa joined Vélez Sársfield, also of Argentina. After his contract with Vélez ended in June 2015, he joined Pachuca.
Sosa joined Monarcas Morelia on loan from Pachuca in January 2017. He has won six titles in the Uruguayan Soccer League and the Argentine Soccer League during his career and has represented Uruguay as an international since 2022. He has played over 400 official matches for Uruguay. At the youth level, Sosa has played for Uruguay’s under-17 and under-20 teams. In a 5–0 friendly win against Panama on 11 June 2022, he made his senior team debut. Sebastian Sosa is happily married to his wife Stephani Correa. The couple was blessed with two kids, a daughter named Milagros Sosa and a baby born in June 2022.
Sebastian Sosa Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Sebastian Sosa. It gives you the ability to read through the Uruguayan footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Carlos Sebastián Sosa Silva|
|Nick Name/Popular Name/Shirt Name||Sebastián Sosa|
|Age||36 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Born Place||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Date of Birth||19 August 1986|
|Home Town||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Irene Y Carlos|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Daughter(s)- Milagros Sosa|
Son(s)- Not Available
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Scorefutbol|
|Debut Club||• 2021: Club Atlético Independiente|
|Debut International||• 2022: Uruguay national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 1 (Club Atlético Independiente)|
• 23 (Uruguay national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Club Atlético Independiente|
• Uruguay national football team
|Coach/Mentor/Manager||Julio César Falcioni|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 184 cm|
in meters- 1.84 m
in feet inches- 6'0"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 77 kg|
in pounds- 170 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Uruguayan|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||7 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||9 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Goalkeeper|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Sebastian Sosa Net Worth
In 2022, what will Sebastian Sosa’s salary be?
In Jan 2021 Sebastian Sosa signed a contract with Club Atlético Independiente that ends in Dec 2022 netting him a whopping salary of £1,642,400 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £4,512 per day and £188 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$1 Million|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£1,642,400|
|Per Month Salary||£136,866|
|Per Week Salary||£31,585|
|Per Day Salary||£4,512|
|Per Hour Salary||£188|
|Per Minute Salary||£3.1|
|Current Contract||With Club Atlético Independiente|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jan 1, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Dec 31, 2022|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||Free Transfer|
|Market Value||$2.20 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$2.75 Million (Oct 20, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Sebastian Sosa has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 Million, and his market value is about $2.20 million.
Sebastian Sosa FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Currently, Sebastián Sosa is 36 years old and plays goalkeeper for Club Atlético Independiente in Argentina. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 77 and a potential rating of 77. In terms of skill moves, Sosa has a 1-star rating.
Sebastian Sosa FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|14||Heading Accuracy||16||FK Accuracy|
|34||Short Passing||36||Long Passing|
|20||Defensive Awareness||16||Sliding Tackle|
His right foot is his preferred shooting foot. His work rate is Medium/Medium. Based on our database, Sosa’s height is 184 cm and his weight is 77 kg. At the moment, Sebastián Sosa is playing with number 1.
Sebastian Sosa Training And Beginnings In Peñarol
- Sosa made his debut in the first division in 2006 after playing in the lower divisions at Penarol.
- During the following year, he remained in the club behind Juan Castillo (who was beginning to be a member of the Uruguayan team).
- His great performances earned him a permanent place in the first division of this Uruguayan football club in 2008 when he was sent on loan to Central Espanol, also from the First Division.
- After a fantastic year on loan at Central Espanol, he won the Uruguayan Championship in 2009-10 with his team (Penarol). He played all the matches and was an integral part of the team. In the first Final, Penarol won 1-0 against their traditional rival, obtaining the award for best player of the match.
- Penarol thus ended a seven-year losing streak in which he had not been able to win the Uruguayan Championship.
- As far as I am concerned, he was the best goalkeeper of the season.
- He reached the final of the 2011 Copa Libertadores and lost to Neymar’s Santos in the latter competition in the following year.
- His outstanding performance in the Copa Libertadores makes him the second-best goalkeeper in the competition.
- In August 2011, he was transferred to Boca Juniors, where he would face Agustin Orión for the starting position.
- In this institution, he won the Apertura 2011.
- His performances against River and San Lorenzo in the summer cup stood out.
- The first time he played for Boca was for Copa Argentina, and he played a very important role in Boca’s success, since Boca disputed several penalty shootouts, and his performance there was outstanding.
- He reached the final of the Copa Libertadores for a second consecutive year, replacing an injured Agustin Orión after 33 minutes of the second leg.
- In the end, the goalkeeper conceded two goals and the Xeneize club failed to win the cup.
Sebastian Sosa With Velez Sarsfield
- He rejected Boca Juniors’ offer to continue on loan for one more year, so he decided to join Vélez Sarsfield, an institution that offered him a three-year contract and bought a piece of his past.
- On July 18, he was introduced to the cast of Liniers.
- Six months after his arrival, he became champion of Argentine football once again, and at the end of the year, he achieved the Argentine Cup with Boca, as well as the new title in Velez.
- While he is considered part of the ideal eleven of America, he remains in third place.
- His save against Newell’s striker Ignacio Scocco in the 2012-13 First Division Championship final made him a champion again in June 2013.
- Having won the Argentine Super Cup once again with fundamental interventions at the beginning of 2014, he is again the champion.
- While in Vélez, he played in two Copa Libertadores and was eliminated in the round of 16 on both occasions.
- On April 3, 2015, he ended his two-and-a-half-year contract with Vélez Sarsfield.
Sebastián Sosa signed a contract with Pachuca on July 14, 2015. He would wear the Tuzos del Pachuca jersey for the entire 2015 season.
His Mexican soccer debut came on the same day as his 29th birthday against Venados in the Copa MX.
His transfer to Rosario Central of Argentina (the team to which he finally arrived on loan for a year) took place during the winter transfer regime of 2015.
He manages to settle in the hearts of Rosario Central fans despite a short time in his new club and after excellent performances in the 2016 Copa Libertadores and in the Rosario classic.
Sebastian Sosa At Monarcas Morelia And Mazatlán F.C.
- His first year with Rosario Central led to a job with Monarcas Morelia, where he played over 100 official matches.
- His career included playing in several Mexican soccer leagues and being a pillar for the team.
- In 2020, the franchise changed its headquarters and name to Mazatlán.
- A few months later, he joins the Club Atlético Independiente de Avellaneda in Argentina for a short period of time
Sebastian Sosa Transfer To Independiente
Avellaneda signed him in December 2021 after he was on loan at the club in 2020.
As a result of his outstanding performances with Avellaneda, he was chosen as the best goalkeeper for the 2020 Diego Armando Maradona Cup.
In addition to being a starter at the club, he has also worn the captain’s ribbon several times.
- In 2003, he played for the Uruguayan U-17 team against the South American team in Bolivia.
- Later, he was a member of the U-20 team.
- For the first time in his career, the Uruguayan goalkeeper was summoned to the Uruguayan soccer team in May 2022.
- Sosa entered the second half of a friendly between Uruguay and Panama on June 11, 2022.
- At 75 minutes of the match, he became the longest-lived player to debut with the Uruguayan team and the second player with the most 30 years to debut.
What is the age of Sebastian Sosa?
Sebastian Sosa is 36 years old.
What is the height of Sebastian Sosa?
Sebastian Sosa is 184 cm tall. Or 6 ft 0 in.
Sebastian Sosa prefers which foot?
Sosa prefers to use his right foot.
Where is Sebastian Sosa from?
Sebastian Sosa is from Uruguay.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Sebastian Sosa worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Sebastian Sosa has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Uruguayan footballer. Hopefully, Sebastian Sosa’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Sebastian Sosa.