Reese Witherspoon is an Academy Award-winning American actress who has also made a foray into film production. Witherspoon initiated off as a teenage actor and through her roles in television as well as films and mini-series; she regulated to get a foothold in Hollywood. She is renowned for roles in films like ‘Legally Blonde’, ‘Sweet Home Alabama’, ‘Four Christmases’ and plenty of other romantic comedies. However, it would be a misstep to typecast Reese Witherspoon as a professional of romantic comedies since throughout her career she has come up with astonishing performances in intense films like ‘Walk the Line’, ‘Wild’, ‘Vanity Fair’ and ‘Rendition’.
Witherspoon is one of those rare actresses who have successfully struck a balance between commercial success and critical gratitude, which is why it is not a surprise that she is considered among the most bankable stars in Hollywood. Witherspoon has also been an advocate for children’s and women’s welfare across the world and is actively engaged with the Children’s Defence Fund. It is not a falsehood to state that Reese Witherspoon is one of the greatest modern stars in Hollywood and her scope of films will continue to enthrall audiences for generations.
Reese Witherspoon Wiki/Bio[table id=261 /]
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon was born to John Draper Witherspoon and Mary Elizabeth on 22 March 1976 at the Southern Baptist Hospital located in New Orleans in the Southern US state of Louisiana. Her father was a lieutenant colonel in the US Army, while her mother worked at Vanderbilt University as a nursing professor.
Witherspoon’s father was stationed in the region then known as West Germany during her early childhood and the family returned to Nashville, Tennessee only when she was 4 years old. She studied at the Harpeth Academy and later on went on to study at Harpeth Hall School. Witherspoon was a cheerleader at the latter school.
In 1983, when she was only 7 years old, Witherspoon showed in an advertisement for a local flower store, and four years later she took part in a talent fair as well. These appearances gave her the confidence to become a full-time actor and hence even though she was a good student she quit Stanford University after a year in order to make a career in acting. She had enrolled as an English literature major at the university.
Reese Witherspoon got married to fellow actor Ryan Phillips in the year 1999, however, they divorced in 2007. The couple has two children – a daughter named Ava Elizabeth and a son named Deacon.
Witherspoon was involved in a romantic relationship with actor Jake Glynehall from 2005. The relationship ended two years later.
In 2011, Reese Witherspoon got married to Jim Toth, who is a Hollywood talent agent. The couple has a son named Tennessee James Toth.
Reese Witherspoon Net Worth
Reese Witherspoon has a net worth of $420 million. She is one of the most-popular and highly-paid entertainers in the world. She easily earns $20 – $40 million per year. She has won an Academy Award and an Emmy Award.[table id=262 /]
Witherspoon starred in and produced Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde (2003), earning $15 million—15 times the amount that she was paid for the original. The franchise established Witherspoon as a must-have commodity and propelled her to the realm of A-list actors.
She also became one of the most highly paid actresses in Hollywood, according to The Hollywood Reporter, regularly commanding $15 million to $20 million per film.
Reese Witherspoon has consistently been one of the highest-paid actresses in Hollywood since the early 2000s. One of Reese’s biggest early paychecks was the $200,000 she earned for 1996’s Fear. Three years later she earned $250 thousand for the role that arguably put her on the map, 1999’s Cruel Intentions.
Her first multi-million paycheck came from 2001’s Legally Blonde. The success of Legally Blonde bumped her paycheck for 2002’s Sweet Home Alabama to $12.5 million. In 2003 she earned $15 million for Legally Blonde 2. She also earned her first Executive Producer credit for the sequel.
From this point on, Reese earned a standard $15 million minimum base salary per movie. Between 2001 and 2012 alone she earned more than $120 million in base movie salary. To date, her film salary totals top $250 million.
Apple TV Salary: For her role on the Apple TV show “The Morning Show” both Reese and her co-star Jennifer Aniston earned $1.25 million per episode. As of this writing, that’s the fifth-highest amount of money ever paid to an actor on a per-episode basis.
Between August 2017 and August 2018, Reese earned $20 million between film salaries, producing income, and endorsements. Between August 2018 and August 2019 she earned $35 million.
Reese Witherspoon Real Estate: In 2014 Reese spent $12.7 million for a large home in the Pacific Palisades neighborhood of Los Angeles. At the time of purchase, construction was not fully complete. Reese proceeded to spend additional millions on upgrades that included a guard station that was manned 24-hours a day, much to the chagrin of her neighbors. She listed this home for sale in 2016 for just under $20 million without success. Fast forward to April 2020 and she finally found a buyer for $17 million.
In August 2019 Reese spent $6.25 million to acquire a home in the hills of Malibu. She owns several properties in her native Nashville, Tennessee, and a multi-million-dollar mansion in the Bahamas located within a members-only gated community.
Reese Witherspoon Movies And TV Shows
- On a bit of a whim in 1991, Witherspoon answered a call for extras in her hometown newspaper. She wound up with the lead in her first feature film, The Man in the Moon (1991), at just 14 years old.
- Her first year out of high school, Witherspoon considered abandoning acting altogether to follow her parents into the medical field. But in 1996, her performance in the film Freeway earned her the Catalonian International Film Festival award for best actress.
- She deferred college for a year to focus on acting, then briefly studied English literature at Stanford University before deciding to return to work.
- Witherspoon quickly established herself as a talented actress in films such as Pleasantville (1998), Election (1999) and Cruel Intentions (1999). While filming Cruel Intentions, she began exploring an off-set romance with co-star Ryan Phillippe, whom she had met previously at her 21st birthday party.
- In 2001, Witherspoon continued to soar when she starred in the surprise box office hit Legally Blonde. Witherspoon played Elle Woods, a towheaded sorority girl who follows her ex to Harvard Law School. The movie proved to be such a success that it spawned a sequel.
- In 2007, Witherspoon began working on the film Rendition, also starring Jake Gyllenhaal. The stars began dating shortly afterward, but their romance didn’t last long; the Hollywood “It” couple split in 2009. Witherspoon began dating Hollywood agent Jim Toth shortly after.
- During this time, she also co-starred in the fantastical comedy Penelope (2008) with Christina Ricci, in addition to serving as a producer on the project.
- In 2015, Witherspoon starred with Sofia Vergara in the comedy Hot Pursuit, but the film turned out to be a box office dud. She also launched a Southern-inspired home and apparel line called Draper James that year.
- Witherspoon returned to voicing an animated character in the 2016 musical hit Sing, in which she played a pig with musical dreams.
- In 2017, Witherspoon took on the roles of producer and star of David E. Kelley’s HBO series, Big Little Lies, which featured such talents as Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Alexander Skarsgard, and Laura Dern.
- In early 2018, Witherspoon appeared alongside Oprah Winfrey and Mindy Kaling in an adaptation of the acclaimed science-fiction novel A Wrinkle In Time. Later that year, it was revealed that she was preparing to reprise the role of Elle Woods for Legally Blonde 3, with much of the creative team from the original hit movie also in talks to join the project.
- In November 2019, Witherspoon teamed up with Jennifer Aniston and Steve Carell on The Morning Show, one of the original programs that accompanied the launch of the Apple TV+ streaming service.
- The following March, she featured prominently in the Hulu adaptation of Celeste Ng’s Little Fires Everywhere, alongside Kerry Washington and Joshua Jackson.
- Reese is Avon’s first-ever global brand ambassador.
- She uses her mother’s maiden name as her first name.
- She was active in modeling from 1983 to 1987.
- Reese was born in New Orleans, Louisiana at Southern Baptist Hospital.
- When Reese was born, her dad was studying at Tulane University medical school. Until 2012, he also practiced as an otolaryngologist.
- In her childhood, she spent 4 years in Germany (due to her dad’s job in the U.S. military) and then was raised in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Kale is her favorite pizza topping.
- She would like to switch her lives with Owen Wilson if allowed.
- If she were a hip-hop artist, she would have picked her stage name as “Lil Reese.”
- She was good at studies and used to get good grades.
- She loves reading and so gets crazy in the bookstore or library.
- With Debra Siegel, she owns and runs a production company called “Type A Films.”
- Reese had also served as a cheerleader.
- She would like to invite Lil Scrappy and Trillville for over to Witherspoon dinner.
On October 30, 2006, Phillippe And Witherspoon Released A Statement Announcing That They Were Formally Separating. Witherspoon Filed For Divorce On November 8, 2006, Citing Irreconcilable Differences As The Cause.
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon Was Born On March 22, 1976, At Southern Baptist Hospital (Now Memorial Medical Center) In New Orleans, Louisiana. She Is The Second Child Of Mary Elizabeth “Betty” (Reese) And Dr. John Draper Witherspoon, Sr. Her Father Was A Military Surgeon Specializing In-Ear, Nose, And Throat.
Despite Previous Reports, Reese Witherspoon Was Not Pregnant During Filming. The Movie Filmed From June 9, 1998, To July 15, 1998, And Witherspoon Had Her Daughter Ava On September 9, 1999 – A Full Year After Filming The Movie. She Was, However, Pregnant On The Press Tours For The Film.
Ryan Phillippe Recently Made An Appearance On The Emmy-nominated Series Larry King Now And Revealed That He And Ex-wife Reese Witherspoon Are Still Good Friends. The Secrets And Lies Star Say Despite Their Differences, They Both Prioritize The Raising Of Their Two Kids.