Mario Balotelli is an Italian footballer who plays for the Italian ‘Ligue 1’ club Nice and the Italian national team. Born of African parents and raised in Sicily, Mario began his career as a footballer with ‘Lumezzane’ at the age of 15 and made his senior debut at 16 years old. He made his debut in the ‘Serie C1’ league in April 2006. Afterward, Mario had a trial for ‘Barcelona,’ which turned out to be a bad experience for him, as he wasn’t considered for the team. Despite his two-year association with ‘Internazionale,’ he was plagued with disciplinary issues, which got him suspended from the first team in 2009.
Mario’s performance with the team flourished after he joined Manchester City in 2010. He left Manchester City after a violent incident and joined AC Milan. Mario returned to the ‘Premier League’ with ‘Liverpool’ after spending a year-and-half with ‘Milan.’ He was soon loaned to ‘Milan’ before moving to ‘Nice.’
- Robinho Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Number, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Riyad Mahrez Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Religion, Net Worth & Wiki
Mario Balotelli Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Mario Balotelli Barwuah|
|Nick Name||Super Mario|
|Age||32 (as in 2022) Years|
|Religion||Balotelli was born of Christian parents and raised by Jews. His current sentiments toward religion remain unclear.|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Palermo, Italy|
|Date of Birth||12 August 1990|
|Home Town||Palermo, Italy|
|Hobbies||Watching movies, Playing video games|
|Mother's Name||Rose Barwuah|
|Father's Name||Thomas Barwuah|
|Sisters||• Abigail Barwuah|
• Angel Barwuah
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Fanny Neguesha|
• Raffaella Fico
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Daughters- Pia Balotelli|
Sons- Lion Balotelli
|Educational Qualification||By the time the football prodigy was aged 11, he joined the youth systems of 'AC Lumezzane' where the origin of his competitive career buildup in the sport began.|
|Career Manager||Roberto Mancini|
|Debut Club||In 2006 for F.C. Lumezzane V.G.Z.|
|Debut International||In 2010 for Italy national team|
|Current Team(s)||• Adana Demirspor F.C.|
• Italy national team
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm|
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet inches- 6’2”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg|
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Balotelli was born to Ghanaian parents as his ethnicity is related to Ghanaian descent but he raised in an Italian family.|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||10.5 (US)|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Porsche 911 Turbo|
|Favorite NBA Player||Ronaldo|
|Favorite Football Club||AC Milan|
|Favorite Places||Portugal, Dubai|
Mario Balotelli was born on August 12, 1990, in Palermo, Sicily, to Rose and Thomas Barwuah who had migrated to Italy from Ghana. After Mario turned 2, his family relocated to Lombardy. They were poor and couldn’t afford to raise four children. Mario’s parents placed him in foster care.
Silvia and Francesco Balotelli adopted him in the Italian town of Brescia. Mario spent weekends with his biological parents for the first few years, but then stopped seeing them and accepted Silvia and Francesco as his parents. Mario Balotelli grew up in a wealthy family and promised a comfortable life to him.
Mario’s biological parents had chosen foster care as a result of a life-threatening illness that affected him as a child. His parents were unable to afford expensive treatment. During a time of need, Mario’s parents received support from the Balotelli family. After Mario grew up, he had the option of returning to his biological parents but refused to do so, saying that he hated that they abandoned him when he was a child.
Mario began playing football at an early age despite health complications. His association with the youth club of ‘AC Lumezzane’ began in 2001. Mario developed into a professional footballer and remained associated with the club until 2006. After playing for several youth teams of Lumezzane, he was finally promoted to the senior team at the age of 15.
He made his competitive debut for Lumezzane against Padova in a Serie C1 match in April 2006. By then he had developed into a highly competitive player and tried to play with better clubs. In the course of this pursuit, he met ‘Barcelona.’ The trial went relatively unremarkable. He was signed by Internazionale on loan in 2006.
It is widely known that Mario Balotelli is one of the best-dressed footballers in the world. In 2012, he was named the second best-dressed man by GQ.
In the past, Mario was in a relationship with Raffaella Fico, but it did not work out. After that, she announced she was expecting Mario’s child. On December 5, 2012, Fico gave birth to a daughter named Pia. DNA tests confirmed that Pia was Mario’s daughter in February 2014.
In March 2013, Mario got engaged to Belgian model Fanny Neguesha. However, the couple split up in September 2014.
- Antonio Rüdiger Biography, Age, Wife, Parents, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Kevin Trapp Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Parents, Career & Net Worth
Mario Balotelli Net Worth
Mario Balotelli has an estimated net worth of $80 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$80 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$68 Million|
|Annual Salary||$7 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Audi R8 V10|
• Maserati GT
• Bentley Continental GT
• Ferrari 458 Spider
• Range Rover Evoque
The rumors started flying in 2013 when he put his home on the market for rent, asking for almost 14,000 pounds per month, after spending many years playing for Manchester City. The move was seen as a sign that Balotelli was preparing to leave England for Italy to play football.
The house he put on the rental market had four bedrooms, an indoor pool, and a media room. Balotelli owned another property in England that was damaged after he and his friends lit off fireworks inside.
It was reported in 2014 that Mario had purchased an additional home in England. In Chester, this property is valued at 4.75 million pounds – not far from Liverpool, where Balotelli played football at the time. The residence came with a private helipad, a small soccer field, and an indoor pool.
Bayern Munich’s Mario Balotelli has signed a new deal with German brand Puma.
- Mario joined Internazionale in June 2007. In one of his first matches with the team, he scored twice in a friendly against Sheffield FC. Against Reggina in a competitive match for his team in ‘Serie A,’ he scored two goals. He became a national sensation after his electrifying performance against ‘Juventus’ in the quarter-final match of the ‘Coppa Italia.’
- In late 2008, at age 18, Mario became the youngest-ever player to score in the ‘Champions League.’ In April 2009, he was subjected to racial abuse by some audience members during a match against Juventus.
- After ‘Internazionale’ won the ‘Serie A’ for the fourth time in a row, the racist chants by ‘Juventus’ fans were strongly condemned by both teams, and ‘Juventus’ fans were banned from matches.
- Mario started facing disciplinary concerns soon after he failed to attend his practice sessions. For this reason, Internazionale’s head coach was displeased with him. In addition to that, Mario did not get any relief from the frequent racist chants that were directed at him during most of his matches. ‘Juventus’ fans chanted racist lines against Mario even when he was not on the field.
- On the field, he kept getting into trouble for his antics. Mario was seen wearing a t-shirt of Inter’s rival club AC Milan on an Italian TV show in April 2010. He did this in response to Inter fans who had booed him because of his poor performances in the months before the match. Once the game ended, the fans were angry at him and tried to attack him. Three years later, Mario declared that the incident was the only regrettable thing he had ever done.
- After Mario was officially signed by ‘Manchester City,’ he scored a goal in his first ‘Europa League’ match against ‘Politehnica Timișoara,’ which helped his team win the match. Then, in October, he debuted in the Premier League against ‘Arsenal’ at their stadium, losing 3–0. Immediately, his impressive performance made him popular with the ‘Manchester City’ fans, and by the end of the year, he won the ‘Golden Boy’ award.
- Mario’s aggressive behavior on the field caused him a lot of trouble despite his outstanding performances on many critical occasions. The 2011–2012 season came to an end, so he was let go by his team’s management. Mario played in a few more matches for ‘Manchester City,’ including a title-deciding match against ‘Queen Park Rangers.’ ‘Manchester City’ won the title for the first time since 1968.
- ‘AC Milan’ announced that they had acquired Mario in early 2013. During his 43 appearances for the team, Mario scored 26 goals. However, his performance deteriorated after he left ‘Milan’. In the 2014–2015 season, he signed with the ‘Premier League’ team ‘Liverpool,’ and he managed to score only one goal in the 16 appearances that he made for them.
- ‘OGC Nice’ announced in 2016 that they had acquired Mario from Liverpool. Despite struggling with disciplinary problems that refused to end, Mario performed rather well. He scored 29 goals in 43 games for the team, and his contract was extended for one more year in June 2017.
- Mario was not considered for the Italian ‘Under-15’ and ‘Under-17’ teams because he was an immigrant.
- On September 8, 2008, he scored for his national team in his ‘Under-21’ debut against Greece. He represented his country at the 2013 ‘Confederations Cup’ and 2014 ‘FIFA World Cup’.
Balotelli is pretty much what you would call a controversial figure. He and a few friends fired air pistols in a crowded Milan plaza in 2010. He was photographed hanging out with two mafia family members later that year. Because of his wild antics, many Manchester City fans adored Mario and even wrote a song about him.
When Balotelli arrived in Manchester to join his new club, he crashed his car while carrying 5,000 pounds in cash. When Mario was asked why he was carrying so much money, he simply replied, “Because I am rich.”.
In an ironic twist, Balotelli became the Firework Safety Ambassador of Greater Manchester after setting his house on fire due to an indoor fireworks mishap. Mancini once said he didn’t speak to Balotelli every day because if he did, he would need a psychologist.
Facts About Mario Balotelli
- Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli is just 21 years old, but he has already amassed a vast archive of controversy. Additionally, he faces a $400,000 fine in 2012 for violating curfew by going to a strip club.
- In December 2011, he had a mock sword fight at an Indian restaurant while violating curfew.
- When he stomped on an opponent’s head in January 2012, he received a four-match suspension.
- On Sunday in October 2011, after scoring the opening goal against Manchester United, Mario pulled up his jersey to reveal a shirt saying, “WHY ALWAYS ME?”.
- In October 2011, he set fire to his bathroom after shooting fireworks from his window.
- In August 2011, someone put rotting fish in his $250,000 car.
- In Los Angeles, he was benched for showboating and missing a wide-open goal in the summer of 2011.
- Mario Balotelli, who was bullied at school in May 2011, confronted the bully after a little boy on the street complained.
- Having won $25,000 at a casino in April 2011, he gave $1,000 to a homeless man.
- He was once pulled over in April 2011 with $25,000 in the front seat.
- He was sent off for a karate kick in March 2011 that eliminated Man City from the Europa League.
- Youth players were “pranked” by him throwing darts at them in March 2011.
Is Mario Balotelli from a rich family?
Balotelli comes from a poor biological family. Mario Balotelli’s biological father is Thomas Barwuah. Balotelli’s father is a Ghanaian immigrant who settled in Italy a few years before his birth.
What nationality is Mario Balotelli?
Why was Mario Balotelli adopted?
Eventually, it was revealed that his biological parents abandoned him because they could not afford the medical expenses of a life-threatening intestinal disease. He was adopted by the extremely wealthy Sylvia and Francesco Balotelli, who came to the aid of Mario and his biological parents.
Where is Mario Balotelli today?
Is Mario Balotelli good?
Truth be told, he has actually had a very successful career, scoring goals all over Europe. In 36 appearances for Italy, he has scored 14 goals and has an impressive record. While at Inter, he scored 28 goals in 86 games and then scored 30 goals in 80 games while at City.
What did Mario Balotelli do to get in jail?
He and Mario Balotelli were stopped for trespassing at an Italian prison while his brother was still in Italy. The women were fascinated by the jail because it was a women’s prison. Seeing the gates open, they thought they would just go inside.