Raphael Xavier Varane, who was born on April 25, 1993, is a French professional footballer who plays centre-back for Manchester United in the Premier League as well as the France national team. Varane is renowned for his defensive ability and pace and is regarded as one of the finest defenders of his time.
Prior to the 2010–11 season, Varane began practicing with the senior squad and made numerous substitute appearances in league games while playing for the French side Lens. At the age of 17, Varane made his professional football debut in 2010, and after one season, he signed with Real Madrid.
Raphael Varane Bio/Wiki
[table id=5300 /]
Varane has a son named Ruben and a daughter named Anas with his longtime companion Camille Tytgat. Varane requested that Zinedine Zidane contact him again because he was in the middle of studying for his baccalaureate test when Zidane phoned regarding Real Madrid’s interest in signing him in June 2011.
Professional footballer Jonathan Varane, who is now on the roster of Rodez AF, is his brother. His sister, Annabelle Varane, participated in Miss France 2019 and was crowned Miss Nord-Pas-de-Calais in 2018.
Raphael Varane Awards
- La Liga: 2011–12, 2016–17, 2019–20
- Copa del Rey: 2013–14
- Supercopa de España: 2012, 2017, 2019–20
- UEFA Champions League: 2013–14, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
- UEFA Super Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
- FIFA World Cup: 2018
- UEFA Nations League: 2020–21
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2018
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2018
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2017–18
- FIFA World Cup Fantasy Team: 2018
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2018
- IFFHS Men’s World Team: 2018
- Knight of the Legion of Honour: 2018
Raphael Varane Net Worth
The range of Raphael Varane’s net worth or income is thought to be between €82,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5302 /]
Raphael Varane FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Raphael Varane has an overall rating of 84 and his potential is also 85.
[table id=5301 /]
- Varane was called up to the senior team by manager Jean-Guy Wallemme in late October of the current campaign to prepare ahead of the team’s match against Montpellier on November 6.
- Varane spent the whole week practicing with the team, and unexpectedly, he was selected for the starting lineup after centre-back Alaeddine Yahia sustained an injury.
- He participated in the entire 90 minutes of the 2-0 triumph.
- Only the club’s third clean sheet of the year, the triumph.
- Varane received appreciation from teammates including Adil Hermach, the captain, Éric Chelle, the attacker David Pollet, the local media, and coach Wallemme.
- Varane sat on the bench for Lens’s next two games against Lyon and Marseille as well as a number of other young players.
- In a 4-1 loss to Brest on November 30, he was reinstated to the starting lineup.
- Varane continued to start for the squad under new manager László Bölöni despite Wallemme being fired after the Brest game.
- Varane was positioned in the defensive midfielder position for the team’s game against Bordeaux in December after both Chelle and Yahia made their comebacks from injuries.
- He was the game’s wandering third centre defender, and in the 84th minute, he stopped Yoan Gouffran’s close-range attempt to keep the score 2-1 in his favor.
2011–12: Signing and La Liga win
- Varane will be joining La Liga club Real Madrid, Lens president Gervais Martel informed a group of fans during a club assembly on June 22, 2011.
- Prior to this, Varane had been to the Real Madrid club facilities and met with club adviser and fellow countryman Zinedine Zidane.
- Real Madrid announced the transfer on June 27, following Varane’s passing of his physical. With the club, Varane agreed to a six-year contract.
- Varane made his club debut for Real Madrid in the club’s inaugural preseason game against American team Los Angeles Galaxy in the 2011 World Football Challenge.
- He was given the number 19 shirt.
- He entered the game as a halftime substitution as Real Madrid easily won 4-1.
2012–2016: First-team regular, UEFA Champions League wins
- Varane switched to the number 2 jersey prior to the 2012–13 campaign.
- He did not play in Real Madrid’s first four league games, but on September 18 against English team Manchester City, the club’s first UEFA Champions League group stage encounter, he made his season debut.
- Varane started and participated throughout the full 3-2 Real Madrid victory.
- Varane made his El Clásico debut against Barcelona on January 30, 2013, during the 2012–13 Copa del Rey.
- He blocked a number of risky Barcelona efforts, including a shot by Xavi that he pushed away from the goal.
- He finished off his effort with a headed goal in the 1-1 tie.
- In a Clasico game, he also became the second-youngest foreign player to score for Real Madrid.
- On February 26, 2013, Varane headed in a corner kick from Mesut Zil to score Madrid’s third goal in a 3-1 away victory in the second leg at Camp Nou.
- Bixente Lizarazu, a former World Cup victor, praised Varane for his efforts against Barcelona and Manchester United.
- He stated: “We are discussing a young player at Real Madrid who has replaced Pepe, and Pepe, despite everything, is still a fantastic centre-half.
- He had outstanding performances against Barcelona and Manchester United “.
2016–2021: Continued success
- He played 23 times for Madrid in the 2016–17 La Liga season, despite suffering from a few ailments.
- When Madrid won the 2016–17 UEFA Champions League, he started the game in the championship.
- On September 27, 2017, Varane’s contract was extended to 2022.
- He made eleven appearances in the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League, which Madrid won for the third time in a row and a record 13th time overall.
- As a result of his club and international achievements during the year, he was selected for the 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist in 2018, coming in at number seven in the final rankings.
- Behind Kevin De Bruyne, he was ranked ninth in The Best FIFA Men’s Player and selected as the starting centre-back for both the 2018 FIFPro Men’s World11 competitions.
- Real Madrid and Manchester United confirmed on July 27, 2021, that they had reached an agreement for the transfer of Varane, subject to a medical exam and the completion of player contracts.
- Following Varane’s announcement in front of a raucous Old Trafford crowd before United’s Premier League opener against Leeds United, the deal was finalized on August 14, 2021.
- Amad Diallo’s number 19 shirt, which he also wore during his first season at Real Madrid, was gifted to him.
- On August 29, 2021, he made his professional debut and assisted on the game-winning goal in a 1-0 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- Varane scored the club’s first goal in a 3-0 victory over Brentford on May 2, 2022.
- Varane represented France in youth international competitions in the under-18, under-20, and under-21 age groups.
- He was called up to the under-17 squad before participating in the under-18 team, but he did not play.
- On August 24, 2010, Varane made his under-18 team debut against Denmark in a friendly game. He added the last goal to a 2-0 win on his debut.
- Due to his growing involvement with the Lens first team, Varane declined further calls to the under-18 squad.
- As a result, he missed the Tournoi de Limoges and the competition in Israel.
- For the first time, on February 3, 2011, Erick Mombaerts called him up to the under-21 squad for a friendly match against Slovakia.
- Varane was a member of the main French national team roster for a friendly match against Uruguay in August 2012, however, he did not play.
- On March 22, 2013, he made his debut for France against Georgia in a World Cup qualifying game, which France won 3-1.
- He was added to Didier Deschamps’ team for the 2014 FIFA World Cup on May 13, 2014.
- He played in centre defense with Mamadou Sakho for Les Bleus’ opening World Cup match, a 3-0 victory against Honduras, on June 15, 2014.
- He also started for France against Switzerland in the second group match and against Nigeria and Germany in the elimination rounds, as France was defeated 1-0 by Germany in the quarterfinals.
Style Of Play
Varane is a “really first-class player” who is “comfortable on both the tactical and technical level,” according to Lens youth coach Éric Assadourian. In a news conference following the Copa del Rey’s El Clásico on January 30, 2013, then-Real Madrid assistant coach Aitor Karanka mentioned Varane and said, “It’s apparent that Varane has a good head on his shoulders and will keep progressing.”
Many people compare Varane to Fernando Hierro because of his technique, but on a physical level, Varane is stronger and far faster, according to former France defender Frank Leboeuf, who thinks Varane has the potential to be greater than Hierro, a legend of Real Madrid.
He is currently 30 years old (as of 2023).
He is 191 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Manchester United, his net worth is €82,000,000 (as of 2023).