Ramya Krishnan is an Indian film actress. She has acted in over 200 films in five languages: Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi. Ramya has won four Filmfare Awards, three Nandi Awards and a Tamil Nadu State Film Award. She gained popularity through her acclaimed role Neelambari in Padayappa which also won her the Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil.
She also won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Telugu for the 2009 dramedy Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam. Ramya’s portrayal of Rajamatha Sivagami Devi in the Baahubali series (2015-17) received universal acclaim. While Baahubali: The Beginning (2015) is the sixth highest-grossing Indian film, its sequel Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) is the second highest-grossing Indian film of all time. Her performance in Baahubali: The Beginning also won her the Best Supporting Actress – Telugu at the 2016 Filmfare Awards and Best Supporting Actress at Nandi Awards by Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Ramya Krishnan Bio/Wiki
[table id=5622 /]
Early life and background
Ramya was born 15 September 1970 in a Tamil-speaking family to Krishnan and Maya. She is the niece of veteran Tamil comedian Cho Ramaswamy. She received initial training in Bharathanatyam, Western and Kuchipudi dance forms and has given many stage performances.
Ramya Krishnan Net Worth
Ramya Krishnan’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details has been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Ramya Krishnan in 2023?
[table id=989 /]
Noted, Currently We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary etc. We will update soon.
- Sai Dharam Tej Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki, Net Worth
- Priyank Sharma Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki, Net Worth
Ramya started her acting career in 1984 at the age of 14 in the Tamil film Vellai Manasu, opposite Y. G. Mahendra.
Ramya’s first Telugu film was Bhale Mithrulu (1986). She achieved fame through Kasinadhuni Viswanath’s Sutradharulu, released in 1989. She emerged as a leading actress in the Telugu industry alongside Soundarya, Meena, Roja and Nagma in the 1990s. As her breakthrough came from K. Raghavendra Rao directorial movies where she emerged as a commercial romantic diva of the season, due to successful movies such as Alludugaru (1990), Allari Mogudu (1992), Major Chandrakanth (1993) along with Mohan Babu and Allari Priyudu (1993) along with Rajasekhar. She played the role of a devoted wife of Sri Annamacharya, which was played by Nagarjuna in the blockbuster film Annamayya (1997). She has worked with leading Telugu actors such as N. T. Rama Rao, Akkineni Nageswara
Rao, Krishna, Chiranjeevi, Balakrishna, Nagarjuna, Venkatesh, Mohan Babu, Jagapathi Babu, Rajendra Prasad (actor), Srikanth, Rajasekhar, Jr. NTR, Mahesh Babu and Prabhas. She received a prestigious Nandi Award from the Government of Andhra Pradesh for her performance in Dasari Narayana Rao’s film Kante Koothurne Kanu (1998). She played the lead role in the Bollywood action comedy film Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998) along with Amitabh Bachchan and Govinda. She played the lead role in the Tamil film Padayappa (1999) along with Rajinikanth. She has also played role in Bollywood Movie “Banarasi Babu” in 1997.
She was a judge in a dancing show on STAR Vijay: Jodi Number One, season 1, followed by season 5.
Her most recent films are Baahubali: The Beginning, where she played Sivagami, the Queen mother
and Soggade Chinni Nayana, where she played the role of Satyabhama and she also played a very important role in Allari Naresh’s movie Mama Manchu Alludu Kanchu. She earned praises for her performance as Rajamatha Sivagami in Baahubali 2: The Conclusion
[table id=990 /]
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ramya Krishnan
- Does Ramya Krishnan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Ramya Krishnan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Ramya started her acting career at the age of 13 with the Tamil film ”Vellai Manasu” (1983).
- She tried her luck in Bollywood in the 90s and has worked with the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Sanjay Dutt.
- She also acted in ”Shaktimaan” (1997-2005), one of the most popular TV shows of the yesteryear, as Shaliyaa.
- She is trained in Bharathanatyam, Western, and Kuchipudi dance forms.
- She considers Jayalalithaa (Politician), and Cho Ramaswamy (Comedian) as her inspirations.
- She has worked in different languages, namely Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, and Hindi.
- In 2006, she judged the reality show ”Jodi Number One” that aired on Vijay TV.
- Initially, Sridevi was approached for the role of ‘Sivagami’ in the Bahubali series but due to the huge remuneration demanded by her, the director, S.S. Rajamouli, later offered this role to Ramya.