Rakul Preet Singh is an Indian actress and model who works mainly in the south Indian film industry. She has also shown in some Tamil, Bollywood and Kannada movies. In a short space of time, Rakul Preet Singh has settled herself as one of the greatest Telugu film actresses. She was born on October 10, 1990, in New Delhi. The Delhi girl Rakul Preet Singh, a south superstar, former Miss India contestant, and a Jesus and Mary College (JMC) alumna always describe how language has not been a barrier for her.
Rakul wanted to become an actress since she was a child, that’s why she started doing modeling at the age of 18, and soon she came across a role in Kannada film called ‘Gilli.’ She later preferred to become a full-time actress, making her Telugu beginning in Keratam the same year and her Tamil debut in Thadaiyara Thaakka, the following year. In 2014 she also made her Bollywood debut in Yaariyan in which her performance was better drawn.
Rakul Preet Singh Bio/ Wiki
[table id=1371 /]
Family – Parents, Brother, and Sister
Rakul Preet Singh was born on October 10, 1990, in New Delhi, India to Rajender Singh an Army Officer and Kulwinder Singh. Rakul did her schooling from Army Public School in Dhaula Kuan and later on completed her Honors’ Degree in Mathematics from Jesus and Mary College, University of Delhi.
She has been an active golf player and played at national levels. Rakul Preet Singh started her career as a model while she was in college and did several commercial flyers.
Rakul Preet Net Worth
Rakul Preet has an estimated net worth of $6 million as of 2023. She takes Rs 2 to 3 crore per film and charges a hefty amount for every endorsement deal. Rakul recently purchased a lavish apartment in Hyderabad for US$470,000 (Rs 3 crore), where she stays with her family. She owns a couple of exotics cars such as a Mercedes Benz SUV and an Audi Q7.
[table id=1372 /]
Rakul Preet Singh Movies – Career
Started out as a model, and now became one of the Highest-Young-Paid-Actress in Indian Industry, Rakul really put up as a role model to the young generation. She is an Indian Actress but mostly does films in Telegu, and Tamil. Her debut movie ‘Gilli’ was a Kannada movie, she later appeared in a Telegu film ‘Keratam’ and then in Tamil movie ‘Thadaiyara Thaakka.’
It was not long after she came to the attention of director Divya Khosla. Rakul did an audition for Yaariyan, and she was cast by Divya. The movie Yaariyan was her Debut Hindi movie, which was commercially a big success, and received loved and appreciated by all. Later she frequently appeared in Telegu and Tamil movies such as ‘Kick 2’, ‘Bruce Lee-The Fighter’, ‘Dhruva’, and ‘Sarraindou.’
Rakul Preet received many awards and Honor, she even received ‘Filmfare South Awards’ as Best Actress from both Tamil and Telegu side. Being an inspirational role model, she is chosen as the Brand Ambassador for ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padao’ (Save Girl Childe Educate Girl Child), a campaign run by the State government of Telangana.
[table id=1373 /]
- Does Rakul Preet Singh smoke?: No
- Does Rakul Preet Singh drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Rakul was born into a Punjabi family in Delhi.
- During her college trip, she smashed a guy when he was taking her and her friend’s pictures.
- She started her career in modeling when she was in college and landed up her first film “Gilli.”
- In Femina Miss India of 2011, she won 4 titles such as Miss Fresh Face, Miss Beautiful Smile, Miss Talented, and Miss Beautiful Eyes.
- Some of her popular films include “Venkatadri Express,” “Current Theega,” “Rough,” “Kick 2,” “Dhruva,” “Spyder,” and “Theeran Adhigaaram Ondru.”
- Rakul has also featured on the cover of various magazines like “Exhibit,” “Wedding Vows,” “WOW,” and “FHM.”
- Rakul is a fine golfer and took part in national level tournaments.
- In 2017, Telangana Government appointed her as the Brand Ambassador of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao program.
- She is a big fan of India’s badminton ace Saina Nehwal.
- She’s a fitness enthusiast and is a blue belt in Karate.
- She runs a fitness chain ‘F45’ along with her brother Aman in Hyderabad.
- Rakul is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog named Blossom.
- Her dream role is to portray a role similar to ‘Simran’ in DDLJ, ‘Geet’ in Jab We Met, and ‘Mastani’ in Bajirao Mastani.
- Rakul appeared in Bollywood movie Aiyaary as a lead role with Sidharth Malhotra and Manoj Bajpayee.
- Rakul Singh purchased a new apartment worth 3 crores in Hyderabad.
- She has an active franchise of three functional training gyms named Functional 45. Two of them are in Hyderabad located in Gachibowli and Kokapet and one in Visakhapatnam.
- In an interview with Times of India, it was asked to Rakul Preet that there has always been the news about allegations made by Telugu actresses regarding the casting couch in the Telugu film industry and you always tell that you have never experienced such things.
- Does it mean that the casting couch doesn’t exist? then in reply to that, Rakul Preet Singh said that “I can talk about my self, whatever experience I had. This debate is going for quite a long time. But one thing logically can be understood that no one is going to invest 100 crores on you because you are an easy girl.
- In the end, talent is going to last. So I want to give a message to younger girls out there who are struggling for something good to happen that believe in yourself and work hard, your time will also come. Someone is gonna take your advantage or not, it’s entirely in your hand.”
Where Does Rakul Preet Singh Live?
Who Is The Mother Of Rakul Preet Singh?