Radhika Madan Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Family, Wiki
Radhika Madan (born 1 May 1995) is an Indian film actress and television personality. Initially, Madan used to work as a dance instructor in New Delhi. In 2014, she made her television debut opposite TV actor Shakti Arora in Colors TV’s Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi. The show ended in 2016. Later, Madan made her Bollywood debut with Vishal Bhardwaj’s comedy-drama Pataakha (2018), for which she received nominations for Best Debut (Female) and Best Actress (Critics) at the Filmfare ceremony.
Radhika Madan made her debut with the serial Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi in the year 2014. In the same year, she also appeared in Jhalak Dikhhla Ja Season 7 as a guest to promote her show. She also won Zee Best Debut Awards for her debut serial. Other than serials Radhika Madan also worked in movies. She made her movie debut with Patakha movie in the year 2018. Her father’s name is Sujit Madan and her mother’s name is Neeru Madan. She has a brother named Arjun Madan. Radhika is unmarried and in a relationship with Ishan Arya.
Radhika Madan Family
Radhika Madan was born on May 1, 1995 ( 25 years old as of 2019) in Pitampura, Delhi, India to Sujit Madan & Neeru Madan. Her father is a businessman by profession and her mother is a painter. She was bought up along with her elder brother Arjun Madan who is an implementation developer. She belongs to an upper-class Hindu family.
Father- Sujit Madan (Businessman)
Mother- Neeru Madan (Painter)
Brother- Arjun Madan (Elder, Implementation Developer)
Radhika Madan Bio/Wiki
Real Name Radhika Madan
Nickname(s) Chote, Totta, Ishu
Profession(s) Actress, Dancer
Famous For Her role as “Ishaani Ranveer Vaghela” in Colors TV’s show ‘Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi‘ (2014–2016)
Radhika Madan Physical Stats
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 157 cm
in meters- 1.57 m
in feet inches- 5’ 2”
Weight (approx.) in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
Figure Measurements (approx.) 32-26-32
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Black
Radhika Madan Personal Life
Date of Birth 1 May 1995
Age (as in 2018) 23 Years
Birthplace Pitampura, Delhi, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Taurus
Signature Radhika Madan signature
Hometown Delhi, India
School Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi
College/University Jesus and Mary College, University of Delhi, New Delhi
Educational Qualification B.Com (Correspondence)
Debut Film Acting: Pataakha (2018)
TV Acting: Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi (2014)
Food Habit Non-Vegetarian
Address A flat in ‘Parineeta’ society, Juhu, Mumbai
Hobbies Dancing, Reading, Travelling
Zee Gold Award for the Best Debut Actress, Indian Television Academy Award for the Best Fresh Face (Female), Television Style Award for the Best Stylish Jodi with Shakti Arora, Indian Telly Award for the Fresh New Face (Female), Kalakar Award for the Best Actress
Tattoo Left wrist- “Live” written
Radhika Madan Boyfriend/Husband
Marital Status Unmarried
Affair/Boyfriend Ishan Arya (Lives in Delhi)
Radhika Madan Favourite Things
Favourite Food(s) Pani Puri, Bun Maska, Idli, Chocolates, Sushi
Favourite Actor(s) Ranbir Kapoor, Ryan Gosling
Favourite Actresses Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone
Favourite Film(s) Bollywood- Andaz Apna Apna, Jab We Met, Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Hollywood- Titanic, Kung Fu Panda, Fast & Furious, A Cinderella Story, The Chronicles of Narnia
Favourite Singer/Musician(s) A. R. Rahman, Enrique Iglesias, Eminem, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Timberlake, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Rihanna
Favourite Song(s) “Tera Hone Laga Hoon” from the film ‘Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani’
“Tera Mujhse Hai Pehle” from the film ‘Aa Gale Lag Jaa’
“City of Stars” from the film ‘La La Land’
Favourite Dancer Ian Eastwood
Favourite TV Show(s) Indian: MTV Roadies
American: So You Think You Can Dance, How I Met Your Mother, Friends
Favourite Colour(s) White, Aqua Blue
Favourite Fashion Brand(s) Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo, Levi’s, Gap
Favourite Restaurant(s) Air Lounge, Dome in Mumbai
Favourite Destination Miami
Car Collection A white sedan car
Salary Not Known
Belonging to Delhi, Madan started her career by acting in the daily soap Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi that ran for one and a half years on Colors TV. She also participated in the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 8).
After trying her stint on television, Madan made her feature film debut with Vishal Bhardwaj’s comedy-drama Pataakha, alongside Sanya Malhotra. Based on the short story Do Behnen by Charan Singh Pathik, the story revolved around two sisters in Rajasthan who are always on conflict. The story was based on the wives of Pathik’s brothers. Both Madan and Malhotra met the real women for the dialect and the character’s nuances.
For the preparation, both Malhotra and Madan stayed in Ronsi village near Jaipur and learned the Rajasthani dialect; they also got accustomed with milking buffaloes, thatching roofs, plastering the walls with dung and walking for long distances while balancing matkas full of water on their head and one around their waist. They also had to put on 10 kgs of weight. Raja Sen wrote in his review, “Radhika Madan positively shines in this bossy role, unwavering in dialect and determination.”
Madan then appeared in Vasan Bala’s action-comedy Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota. It premiered in the Midnight Madness section of the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival, where it won the People’s Choice Award: Midnight Madness. The film was also screened at the 2018 MAMI Film Festival where it received a standing ovation. Madan mentioned that she was auditioning for Laila Majnu (2018) when she got to know about Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota and chose the latter film because of its “uniqueness”. She performed all the stunts herself and watched several classic action films for days to familiarise herself with the genre.
She was also injured and bruises while the physical training; she also followed a strict diet and a daily routine of exercises. Pradeep Menon of Firstpost called her a “delight as Supri” and noted that Madan “manages to make it work by sheer will and talent” despite the character having an “inconsistent treatment”. He further said that she “sparkles in the action sequences.
Year Serial Role Channel Notes
2014–2016 Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Ishaani Vaghela Colors TV (Lead role)
Year Serial Role Channel
2014 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7 Guest/ Promote her show Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Colors TV
2014–15 Box Cricket League (Guest For Support Team) Sony TV
2015 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8 Contestant (3rd Participant To Eliminate) Colors TV
2015 Nach Baliye 7 Guest / Support Shakti Arora Star Plus
Year Title Character Director Notes
2018 Pataakha Champa Kumari Vishal Bhardwaj Screen Award for Best Female Debut
Nominated Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut
Nominated Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress
2019 Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota Supri Vasan Bala
20 march 2020 Angrezi Mediumdagger Tarika to dermal Bansal Homi Adajania Wrapped
summer 2020 shiddat dagger Kunal Deshmukh post-production
Radhika Madan Awards and nominations
List of awards for television shows
Year Award Category Work Result
2015 Zee Gold Awards Best Debut Actress Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Won
Indian Television Academy Awards Best Fresh Face (Female) Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Won
Television Style Awards Best Stylish Jodi (Shared with Shakti Arora) Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Won
Gold Awards Best Actress (Female) Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Nominated
Indian Telly Awards Fresh New Face (Female) Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Won
Kalakar Awards Best Actress Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Won
Asian Viewer Television Awards (AVTA) Best Female Actor of the year Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Nominated
ITA Youth Popular Icon Award Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Won
TIIFA Most Popular Face of the year Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Won
Indian Telly Awards Best Jodi on TV Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Nominated
Television Style Awards Best Stylish Beti Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi Nominated
List of awards for filmography
Year Award Category Film Result
2018 Star Screen Awards Most Promising Newcomer (Female) Pataakha Won
2019 Zee Cine Awards Best Debut Female Pataakha Nominated
2019 Bollywood Film Journalist’s Awards Best Debutante Female Pataakha Won
2019 64th Filmfare Awards Best Actress (critics) Pataakha Nominated
Best Female Debut Nominated
Some Known Facts About Radhika Madan
- Does Radhika Madan smoke?: No
- Does Radhika Madan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Radhika was born into a middle-class Punjabi family. Radhika Madan childhood photos
- She started dancing when she was in the 8th standard. She has learned jazz, hip-hop, ballet, and many other dance forms, and even worked as a dance instructor.
- Apart from dancing, she used to play cricket and was a tomboyish girl in childhood.
- In 2013, she participated in the ‘Veet – Be the Diva’ beauty contest.
- She never thought of becoming an actress as she always wanted to become a dancing star and even enrolled in a dance company in New York for a course and was supposed to leave India in July 2014. But, destiny had some other plans for her as just 15 days before she was to leave for New York, the team of ‘Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi’ saw her at a mall in Delhi and instantly offered her the female lead role in the show. Radhika Madan in younger days
- The same year, she was offered a role in Star Plus’s famous show ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu’ season 2, but she refused the offer.
- She ran away from the shooting on the first day of ‘Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi’ as she found acting extremely difficult, especially crying. But later, she went on to become a household name with her role as “Ishaani” in the same show.
- With her first salary, she bought herself an expensive Louis Vuitton bag.
- Her parents allowed her to shift to Mumbai on one condition that she must live in a facing sea flat. Earlier, she found it difficult to find such a location, but later, she bought a sea-facing flat, that too near Vidya Balan and Shahid Kapoor‘s house.
- In 2015, she participated in Colors TV’s dancing reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa – Reloaded,’ but she got eliminated in the 6th week. Radhika Madan – Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded
- Despite being an actress, she hates using make-up and prefers only kajal.
- She is an avid dog lover and has a dog named, Breezer.
- Her dream role is to play Kareena Kapoor’s role “Geet” in ‘Jab We Met 2.’
- She has a habit of closing her eyes while laughing and she wants to get rid of this habit.
- She also has a habit of slapping people in a friendly manner, without any reason.
- She is arachnophobic; fear of spiders.