Princess Margaret Bio, Height, Death, Children, Wiki & More
Princess Margaret Family, Education & More
- Was the first British royal baby born in Scotland since the seventeenth century?
- Died three days after the 50th anniversary of her father’s death.
- Daughter of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother
- The younger sister of Queen Elizabeth II
- Mother of Viscount Linley and Sarah Armstrong-Jones.
- Sister-in-law of Prince Philip; aunt of Prince Charles, Prince Andrew, Princess Anne, and Edward Wessex.
- Granddaughter of King George V and Queen Mary.
- Great-granddaughter of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra.
- Great-great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.
- Mother-in-law of Daniel Chatto.
- Niece of King Edward VIII (Duke of Windsor), Mary Princess Royal (aka Victoria, 1897-1965), Prince Henry (Duke of Gloucester), Prince George (‘Duke of Kent’), and Prince John (1905-1919).
- Grandchildren: Samuel David Benedict Chatto, born in 1996, and Arthur David Nathaniel Chatto, born in 1999 (Sarah’s children with Daniel Chatto) and Charles Patrick, born in 1999, and Margarita Elizabeth, born in 2002 (David’s children with Serena Stanhope).
- She received Honorary Doctorates from the Universities of Cambridge and Keele and became a Master of the Bench of Lincoln’s Inn. She also served as Colonel-in-Chief of a number of military units, including the Highland Fusiliers of Canada.
Princess Margaret Bio/Wiki
Born Name Elizabeth Alexandra Mary
Nick Name Lillibet, Betty, Her Gracious Majesty and Defender of the Faith
Height, Weight & More
Height 155 cm (5 ft 1 in)
Weight 58 kg (128 lb)
Eyes color Blue
Hair color Brown
Princess Margaret Age, Personal Life & More
Age Elizabeth II is currently 93 according to her birthdate April 21, 1926Date of birth August 21, 1930
Date of death February 09, 2002 (71 years)
Zodiac sign Leo
Nationality Scotland (UK)
Occupation Countess of Snowdon
Sexual Orientation Straight
Husband, Affairs and More
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (1947-Present) Her Majesty met Prince Philip for the first time in 1934 and then in 1937. When she was 13 years old, The Queen fell in love with him and they started sending letters to each other. The Queen was 21 when their commitment was formally reported and their engagement was officially announced on July 9, 1947. Philip was made Duke of Edinburgh and granted the style His Royal Highness just before the marriage. Finally, Elizabeth and Philip were married on November 20, 1947, at Westminster Abbey. The couple has 4 children together, Charles, Prince of Wales (b. November 14, 1948 ); Anne, Princess Royal (b. August 15, 1950); Prince Andrew, Duke of York (b. February 19, 1960); and Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex (b. March 10, 1964).
Group Captain Peter Wooldridge Townsend CVO, DSO, DFC & Bar (22 November 1914 – 19 June 1995) was a Royal Air Force officer, flying ace, courtier and author. He was Equerry to King George VI from 1944 to 1952 and held the same position for Queen Elizabeth II from 1952 to 1953. Townsend also had a romance with Princess Margaret.
Lady Sarah Chatto
Lady Sarah Frances Elizabeth Chatto (née Armstrong-Jones; born 1 May 1964) is a member of the extended British royal family. She is the only daughter of Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, and Antony Armstrong-Jones, 1st Earl of Snowdon, and a niece of Queen Elizabeth II. At the time of her birth, she was seventh in the line of succession to the British throne and is currently 24th.
Charles Patrick Inigo Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley (born 1 July 1999) is the son of David Armstrong-Jones, 2nd Earl of Snowdon, and Serena Armstrong-Jones, Countess of Snowdon. He is a great-grandson of King George VI through the king’s younger daughter, Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon. He is the heir apparent to the Earldom of Snowdon and 22nd in the line of succession to the British throne, after his father. Armstrong-Jones was born at The Portland Hospital for Women and Children in London on 1 July 1999. He was baptized at St James’s Palace in 1999 and his godparents are Lady Bruce Dundas, Nigel Harvey, Nick Powell, Orlando Rock, Lucinda Cecil, and Rita Konig. He has a sister, Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones, who is three years younger. He uses his father’s subsidiary title of Viscount Linley as a courtesy title. In 2012, his grand-aunt Queen Elizabeth II appointed him to be her First Page of Honour.
Princess Margaret Photo
Why Did Princess Margaret Marry?
Margaret Chose Her “Duty To The Commonwealth” Over Marrying For Love. Margaret’s Relationship With Townsend Was Revealed To The Public When An Eagle-eyed Journalist Spotted The Princess Affectionately Plucking A Piece Of Lint From Townsend’s Jacket During The Queen’s Coronation At Westminster Abbey In 1953.
Who Was Princess Margaret’s, First Love?
Princess Margaret’s First Fell In Love With A Divorcé
Townsend, A Hero In World War Ii, Was A Commoner, 16 Years Older Than The Princess, And He’d Been Divorced. Because Of The Royal Marriages Act Of 1772, Margaret Needed The Queen’s Permission To Marry.
What Happened to Peter Townsend?
Townsend Died Of Stomach Cancer In 1995, In Saint-léger-en-Yvelines, France. He Was 80 Years Old.
Who Was Queen Elizabeth’s Brother?
Queen Elizabeth I. She Was The Daughter Of King Henry Viii And Anne Boleyn. Her Only Legitimate Brother Was Her Half-brother, Edward. He Succeeded Their Father To The Throne As Edward Vi.
Who Is The Queen’s Equerry?
This Queen’s Equerry Is An Officer Of The British Armed Forces, Who Historically Was Mainly In Charge Of The Queen’s Horses. Nowadays However The Equerry Serves As A De Facto Senior Aide And Assistant To The Queen.