Prabhas Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Age, Family, Wiki
Uppalapati Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju (born 23 October 1979), known mononymously as Prabhas, is an Indian actor who works in Telugu, Hindi and Tamil films. Prabhas made his screen debut with the 2002 Telugu action drama film Eeswar. He has garnered the state Nandi Award for Best Actor, for his role in Mirchi. He made a guest appearance in Prabhudeva’s 2014 Hindi film Action Jackson. Prabhas is the first south Indian actor to have his wax sculpture at Madame Tussaud’s wax museum.
His works include Varsham (2004), Chatrapathi (2005), Chakram (2005), Billa (2009), Darling (2010), Mr. Perfect (2011), and Mirchi (2013). Prabhas played the title role in S. S. Rajamouli’s epic action film Baahubali: The Beginning (2015), which is the fourth-highest-grossing Indian film to date. Prabhas reprised his role in its sequel, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017), which became the first Indian film ever to gross over ₹1,000 crores (US$155 million) in all languages in just ten days, and it is the second highest-grossing Indian film to date.
Prabhas was born to film producer U. Suryanarayana Raju and his wife Siva Kumari. He has two siblings, a brother named Prabodh and a sister Pragathi. He is the youngest of the three children. He is the nephew of Telugu actor Uppalapati Krishnam Raju. Prabhas attended the DNR School, Bhimavaram and graduated with a B.Tech. degree from Sri Chaitanya College, Hyderabad.
Father- Late Uppalapati Surya Narayana Raju (Producer)
Mother- Siva Kumari
Brother- Pramod Uppalapati (Elder)
Sister- Pragathi (Elder)
Real Name Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati
Nickname Darling, Young Rebel Star
Famous Role Baahubali/Shivudu in the films ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’ and ‘Baahubali: The Conclusion’
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1”
Weight (approx.) in Kilograms- 95 kg
in Pounds- 209 lbs
Body Measurements (approx.) – Chest: 44 Inches
– Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 18 Inches
Eye Colour Brown
Hair Colour Black
Prabhas Personal Life
Date of Birth 23 October 1979
Age (as in 2019) 40 Years
Birth Place Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Libra
Hometown Hyderabad, India
School DNR School, Bhimavaram
Sri Chaitanya College, Hyderabad
College Not Known
Educational Qualifications B.Tech
Debut Film: Eeshwar (2002, Telegu)
Address Jublee Hills, Hyderabad
Hobbies Playing volleyball, reading
• During the filming of Baahubali: The Beginning, there were rumors that his health condition deteriorated and he went into a coma after falling from a horse while doing a scene. However, the Bahubali team denied such rumors.
• There were rumors about his relationship with Y. S. Sharmila, the sister of YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy. But, he strongly denied that and following it, The Central Crime Station police arrested 2 persons for posting objectionable pictures and derogatory messages about the YSRCP leader and the actor on the internet.
Favourite Food Biryani
Favourite Actors Robert De Niro, Shah Rukh Khan, and Salman Khan
Favourite Actresses Raveena Tandon, Deepika Padukone, Jayasudha, Trisha Krishnan, Shriya Saran
Favourite Films Bollywood: Munna Bhai MBBS, 3 Idiots and PK
Tollywood: Bhakta Kannappa, Geethanjali
Favourite Director Rajkumar Hirani
Favourite Book The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
Favourite Song Mellaga Karagani (Varsham)
Favourite Colour Black
Favourite Destination London
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Girlfriends Anushka Shetty (Actress, Rumour)
Ileana D’Cruz (Actress, Rumour)
Cars Collection Rolls Royce Phantom, Jaguar XJ, BMW X5
Salary ₹24 crores/film (for Baahubali series)
Net Worth $12 million
Prabhas started his movie career with Eeswar in 2002. In 2003, he was the lead in Raghavendra. In 2004, he appeared in Varsham. He continued his career with Adavi Raamudu and Chakram.
In 2005 he acted in the film Chatrapathi directed by S. S. Rajamouli, in which he portrays the role of a refugee, exploited by goons. It had a 100-day run in 54 centers. Idlebrain stated that he had a unique style and macho charm in his screen presence.
Later he acted in Pournami, Yogi, and Munna, an action-drama film that came out in 2007, followed by the action-comedy Bujjigadu in 2008. In 2009 his two films were Billa and Ek Niranjan. Indiaglitz called Billa stylish and visually rich.
In 2010 he appeared in the romantic comedy Darling. The film opened to positive reviews. The Times of India gave a two and a half star rating explaining “Director Karunakaran extracts good performances from his actors, but can’t come up with a refreshing plot. It looks like the director hasn’t really come out of his Tholi Prema hangover as he dishes out yet another one-sided love saga but fails to come up with a valid and logical reason to make a Gen Z lad hold back his feelings for his lover until the last moment. However, he compensates it all, by adding loads of fun moments in the film and the screenplay does have its share of some touching moments.”
In 2011, Mr. Perfect, another romantic comedy. The review site GreatAndhra rated the film with three stars and noted “The film comes across as a clean, family entertainer and the intention of the makers must be appreciated.
In 2012, Prabhas starred in Rebel, an action film directed by Raghava Lawrence. His next film was Mirchi. He rendered voice for a short cameo for the film Denikaina Ready. Sashidhar from The Times of India stated, “The film belongs to hard-core Prabhas fans as the movie is stylish and visually rich but not much in content”. Purnima Ranawat from NDTV said, “Rebel serves up the fare for the mass audience. The film will be definitely liked by Prabhas’ fans. Watch it for the dancing talent of Tamannaah Bhatia and the acting skills of Prabhas.” Radhika Rajamani from Rediff.com gave the movie one and a half stars out of five and said, “Working with hardly any storyline, director Raghava Lawrence had made a film that is arduous to watch. Rebel is a movie for the masses and certainly not for the discerning audience.”
In 2015 he appeared as Shivudu/Mahendra Baahubali and Amarendra Baahubali in S.S. Rajamouli’s epic Baahubali: The Beginning which is the fourth-highest-grossing Indian film to date. Prabhas reprised his role in its sequel, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017), which became the first Indian film ever to gross over ₹1,000 crores (US$155 million) in all languages in just ten days, and it is the second highest-grossing Indian film to date.
Saaho’s first look poster released on 23 October 2017, on the occasion of Prabhas’ birthday. A second teaser released on 23 October 2018, once again on the occasion of Prabhas’ birthday. It is the third most expensive Indian film made to date.
Year Title Role Language Notes
2002 Eeswar Eeswar Telugu
2003 Raghavendra Raghavendra Telugu
2004 Varsham Venkat Telugu Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu
2004 Adavi Ramudu Ramudu Telugu
2005 Chakram Chakram Telugu
2005 Chatrapathi Siva / Chatrapathi Telugu Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu
2006 Pournami Siva Kesava Telugu
2007 Yogi Eeswar Prasad / Yogi Telugu
2007 Munna Munna Telugu
2008 Bujjigadu Bujji / Linga Raju / Rajinikanth Telugu
2009 Billa Billa / Ranga Telugu
2009 Ek Niranjan Chotu Telugu Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu
2010 Darling Prabhas / Prabha Telugu CineMaa award for Best actor (Jury)
2011 Mr. Perfect Vicky Telugu Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu
2012 Rebel Rishi / Rebel Telugu
2012 Denikaina Ready Himself Telugu Voice role; a cameo appearance
2013 Mirchi Jai Telugu Nandi Award for Best Actor, Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu
2014 Action Jackson Himself Hindi Special appearance
2015 Baahubali: The Beginning Mahendra Baahubali / Shivudu
Amarendra Baahubali Telugu
Tamil Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu
2017 Baahubali 2: The Conclusion Telugu
Tamil Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu
2019 Saaho Ashok Chakravarthy / Siddhant Nandan Saaho Hindi
Some Known Facts About Prabhas
- Does Prabhas smoke?: Yes
- Does Prabhas drink alcohol?: Yes
- Prabhas never aspired to become an actor, instead, he wanted to be a businessman.
- He is the nephew of popular Telugu film actor Uppalapati Krishnam Raju, who encouraged him to try his hand in acting.
- He had a huge crush on Raveena Tandon while growing up.
- He got his breakthrough with his role as ‘Venkat’ in the film ‘Varsham’ (2004).
- He made his first Bollywood appearance in the film ‘Action Jackson’ (2014).
- It took around 5 years to make the epic ‘Baahubali series’ and during these 3 years, Prabhas neither acted in any other film nor got married.
- Around ₹1.5 crores were spent on gym equipment to tone his body for his role in Bahubali and was trained by Mr. World 2010, Lakshman Reddy.
- In early 2016, his brother Prabodh Uppalapati was sentenced to 1-year imprisonment in a cheque bounce case, after he issued a cheque for ₹43 lakh to a businessman, but it bounced due to lack of funds.
- He is the highest-paid actor of Tollywood.
- He is the first South Indian actor to get a wax statue at Madame Tussauds, Bangkok.
- Prabhas starrer ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ (2017) set the record for the highest-grossing Indian film ever with worldwide gross of more than INR 1500. Baahubali 2 The Conclusion
- After the huge success of the ‘Baahubali series’, he has received more than 5000 marriage proposals.
- He is an avid reader and has a personal library at his residence.
- He is nature and bird lover and has a garden which has birds of various types, that too in open cages.
Who was Prabhas wife?
Who is the father of Prabhas?
What is the age of prabhas?
40 years (23 October 1979)