Poonam Kaur Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Bio & More
Poonam Kaur is an Indian tv actress and model. She was born on 21 October 1986 in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. She is known for her work in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam movies. Poonam made her debut with the Telugu movie Mayajalam in 2006.she made a comeback in Tamil with the highly anticipated Unnaipol Oruvan, a remake of the 2008 Bollywood film, A Wednesday!, in which she played a small supporting role alongside Kamal Haasan and Mohanlal. Recently she has been nominated as a brand ambassador for Miss Telangana event.
Her father’s name is Late Beep Singh and his mother name is Kharain Kaur. She also has a brother Shyam Singh. She did her schooling from did her schooling in Hyderabad Public School and college studies from the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Delhi.
Family, Education & More
Poonam Kaur Age is 31 years old(2018). Her father’s name and mother name Late Beep Singh and Bahrain Kaur. She completed her schooling at Hyderabad public school, her post-graduation in Fashion Technology. She completed her Fashion Technology Course in NIFT ( National Institute Of Fashion Technology) In Delhi. After that in 2006, she entered film industries and worked for many films. The list of all her movies listed in the below sections.
Parents Father- Late Beep Singh
Mother- Kharain Kaur
Siblings Brother- Shyam Singh
Poonam Kaur Bio/Wiki
Full Name Poonam Kaur Lal
Nickname(s) Deepa, Nakshatra
Profession(s) Model, Actress
Poonam Kaur Height, Weight & More
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
Weight (approx.) in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
Figure Measurements (approx.) 34-26-34
Eye Colour Brown
Hair Colour Dark Brown
Poonam Kaur Age, Personal Life & More
Date of Birth 21 October 1986
Age (as in 2018) 32 Years
Birthplace Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Libra
Hometown Hyderabad, Telangana, India
School Hyderabad Public School
College/University National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Delhi
Educational Qualification Graduate in Fashion Designing
Hobbies Reading Books, Travelling, Dancing, Watching Movies
Controversy She was involved in a controversy with the film critic Mahesh Kathi for tweeting the word “fatso” for him. On this, Mahesh Kathi asked several personal questions from the actress.
Poonam Kaur Boyfriends, Affairs and More
Marital Status Unmarried
Favourite Food Hyderabadi Dum Biryani
Favourite Actor Pawan Kalyan
Favourite Colour(s) Red, White, Black
Favourite Destination London
Salary (approx.) ₹40 Lakh/Movie
Born and raised in Hyderabad, India, Poonam Kaur did her schooling in Hyderabad Public School, before doing fashion designing at the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in Delhi. In 2006, after her studies, she signed up for a film to be directed by Teja, which didn’t take off for an unknown reason. However, she took an offer for another Teja film, Oka Vichitram. Even before the release of that film, Kaur was pursuing a leadership role in another Telugu film, Mayajalam, which released first.
Subsequently, she appeared in several Telugu films as Nikki And Neeraj, enacting the title role of Nikki and in Souryam, alongside Gopichand and Anushka Shetty. For her performance in the latter, Kaur received a nomination for the Best Supporting Actress Award for 2008. She made her acting debut in the Tamil and Kannada film industries, with S. A. Chandrasekhar’s Nenjirukkum Varai and Bandhu Balaga, respectively.
Poonam Kaur Filmography
Year Film Role Language Notes
2006 Mayajalam Swati Rajender Telugu Debut
Oka `V` Chitram Deepa Telugu
2007 Nikki And Neeraj Nikki Telugu
Nenjirukkum Varai Bhuvana Rangasamy Naidu Tamil Credited as Deepa (Tamil Film Debut)
2008 Souryam Divya Telugu Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Telugu
Bandhu Balaga Kannada Poonam Kaur
Vinayakudu Sandhya (Sandy) Telugu Poonam Kaur
2009 Unnaipol Oruvan Anu Sethuraman Tamil Poonam Kaur
Ganesh Just Ganesh Deepa Telugu Poonam Kaur
2010 Nagavalli Pooja Telugu
2011 Payanam Air Hostess Vimala Gupta Tamil
Gaganam Telugu Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Telugu
Brahmigadi Katha Bhagya Telugu
Vedi Aishwarya Tamil
2013 6 Lizzy Tamil
Bangles Avanthika Malayalam
Aadu Magaadra Bujji Anjali Telugu
2014 Poga Telugu
2015 En Vazhi Thani Vazhi Saraswathi (Sarasu) Tamil
Achaaram Ramya Tamil
2016 Attack Sakhi Telugu
Nayaki Shravani Telugu Guest Appearance
Nayagi Tamil Guest Appearance
2018 Srinivasa Kalyanam Kavya Telugu
Next Enti? Prachiti Telugu
2019 3 Dev Radha Hindi Delayed
Nandu En Nanban Tamil Filming
Guest Tamil Delayed
Year Title Role Language Channel
2016 Super 2 Herself Telugu E TV Telugu
2018-present Swarna Khadgam Queen of Manipuram Vindhyavathi Telugu E TV Telugu
Some Known Facts about Poonam Kaur
- She began her career in 2006 by winning the title of Miss Andhra.
- In the same year, she signed a film with the film director “Teja.” The shooting of this film couldn’t complete due to some reasons. Then, she did Teja’s next movie named “Oka V Chitram.”
- In the same year, i.e. 2006, she signed the second film of her career “Mayajalam.” It was a Telugu film. This movie was released before Oka V Chitram’s release and became the debut film of Poonam Kaur.
- In 2007, she made her Tamil film debut with the film “Nenjirukkum Varai.”
- In 2008, she entered the Kannada Film Industry with the film “Bandhu Balaga.” The same year, she did a film ‘Souryam’ alongside Tottempudi Gopichand and Anushka Shetty. With her performance in this movie, she came into the eyes of many filmmakers.
- In 2010, after 2 years, she made a comeback in the Tamil film industry with the film “Unnaipol Oruvan.” This film was the remake of the film “A Wednesday;” a 2008 Bollywood film. In the film, she played the part of a supporting actress alongside Kamal Hassan and Mohanlal.
- In 2016, she appeared in a Bollywood film “Junooniyat” along with Yami Gautam and Pulkit Samrat.
- She is well versed in 5 languages including Telugu, Hindi, English, Tamil, and Malayalam.
- She is also the brand ambassador of “Miss Telangana Beauty Pageant.”