Dawood Ibrahim is a notorious Indian gangster and a designated terrorist, who is the mastermind of the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts. Born to a constable of ‘Mumbai Police,’ he grew up in Dongri, Mumbai. Initially, he worked petty jobs, such as repairing cars and driving rickshaws. He began his criminal activities in his late teens, after being associated with the ‘Haji Mastan’ gang. He is also said to have worked with the ‘Karim Lala’ gang. As a result of his famous fall-out with the ‘Haji Mastan’ gang, he formed his own gang, the infamous ‘D-Company,’ in the 70s.
The syndicate indulges in ‘hawala’ illegal drug trade, and arms trafficking in more than 25 countries around the globe. Somehow, what brought him nationwide recognition was his role in the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts, which he had planned with Tiger Memon. He was declared a “global terrorist” by both the US and the Indian governments and is currently said to be residing in Karachi, Pakistan. One of the most-chased terrorists in Indian history, Dawood has been on the ‘Most Wanted’ list of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) for a very long time.
Dawood Ibrahim is an Indian (also has Pakistani Passport), Gangster, Terrorist. Dawood Ibrahim was born on 26 December 1955 at and Zodiac Sign is Not known. Dawood hails from Khed Ratnagiri, Maharashtra, India, religion belongs to is Islam and nationality, Indian (also has Pakistani Passport).
Dawood Ibrahim Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar|
|Nick Name||Dawood Bhai, Sheikh Farooqi, Bada Seth, Bada Bhai, Iqbal Bhai, Mucchad and Haji Sahab|
|Age||(as in 2023) 68 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||Khed Ratnagiri, Maharashtra, India|
|Date of Birth||26 December 1955|
|Nationality||Indian (also holds Pakistani Passport)|
|Home Town||Khed Ratnagiri, Maharashtra, India|
|Address||1. White House, Near Saudi Mosque, Clifton, Karachi, Pakistan|
2. House Nu 37 – 30th Street – defense, Housing Authority, Karachi, Pakistan
3. Palatial bungalow in the hilly area of Noorabad in Karachi, Pakistan
Note: These addresses have been confirmed by the 'UN Security Council’s ISIL and Al-Qaida Sanctions Committee'
|Mother's Name||Late Amina Bi (housewife)|
|Father's Name||Late Ibrahim Kaskar (Head Constable in Mumbai Police)|
|Brother||Shabir Ibrahim Kaskar, Iqbal Kaskar, Noora Ibrahim, Anis Ibrahim, Sabir Ahmad, Mohammed Humayoon, Mustaqueem Ali, Zaitoon Antuley|
|Sister||Haseena Parkar, Saeeda Parkar, Farzana Tungekar, Mumtaz Shaikh|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Mandakini (Indian Actress)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Mehjabeen Shaikh (aka Zubeena Zareen)|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Children||Children Son- Moin Ibrahim|
Daughters- Mehreen Ibrahim, Mahrukh Ibrahim, Maria Ibrahim
Son-in-law- Junaid Miandad (son of Javed Miandad)
|School||Ahmed Sailor High School, Dongri, Mumbai, India|
|Educational Qualification||High School Drop-out|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm|
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 76 kg|
in Pounds- 168 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Marathi (Indian)|
|Controversies||He is believed to control much of India's Hawala system.|
He is accused to have masterminded the 1993 bombings in Bombay (now Mumbai), which resulted in 257 deaths and more than 700 injuries.
In 2003, he was declared a 'Global Terrorist' by the Indian and United States governments.
It is believed that Dawood's syndicate has been operating a large-scale shipment of narcotics in Western Europe & the United Kingdom.
Reports are there that he also had contacts with Osama bin-Laden (the then leader of the terrorist organization 'al-Qaeda').
Ibrahim is believed to destabilize the Indian government through terrorism, riots and civil disobedience.
He is also believed to finance the terrorist organizations including 'Lashkar-e-Taiba.'
Biggest Rivals Arun Gawli, Chhota Rajan
Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar; born 26 December 1955) is a Mumbai underworld figure, criminal mobster and drug dealer most wanted by India with a reward of $25 million over his head, and has been wanted since 1994. He is originally from Dongri in Mumbai, India.
He is currently believed to be residing in Pakistan, according to the Indian government, and heads the Indian organized crime syndicate D-Company which he founded in Mumbai in the 1970s. Dawood is wanted on charges of murder, extortion, targeted killing, drug trafficking, terrorism, and various other cases. He was designated as a global terrorist in 2003 by India and the United States with a reward of US$25 million for his capture for his believed role in the 1993 Bombay bombings. In 2011, he was named number three on “The World’s 10 Most Wanted Fugitives” by the FBI and Forbes.
- Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar was born on December 27, 1955, in Khed, a small town in the Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. His father, Ibrahim Kaskar, worked as a head constable with the ‘Mumbai Police’ and his mother, Amina, was a housewife.
- The family moved to Dongri, a Muslim-dominated locality in Mumbai. Raised in a lower-middle-class family, Dawood had bigger dreams ever since he was a kid. Not very interested in academics, he dropped out of school and started earning at a very young age. He worked as a mechanic and also drove a rickshaw to earn his living, but this did not satisfy him.
- By the time he reached his teens, he had started getting involved in petty crimes and frauds. He targeted the busy ‘Crawford Market’ in Mumbai and sold cheap duplicate watches, fooling people with their fake price tags. Many complaints were registered against him. He kept indulging in such petty crimes till his late teens.
Dawood Ibrahim Net Worth
According to WoodGram, Dawood Ibrahim’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Dawood Ibrahim?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023||Under review|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2015||USD 6.7 Billion|
|Annual Salary||Under Assessment|
|Income Source||Gangster, Terrorist|
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Dawood Ibrahim is 2nd richest gangster of all time
The 1993-Mumbai blast mastermind Dawood runs a business empire through legal and illegal means across three continents. Forbes estimated his net worth at USD 6.7 billion in 2015.
he reports of Dawood Ibrahim being seriously ill have led to speculations about the successor of his business empire. Some reports suggest that his brother Anees would inherit the trans-continental business of the most wanted international terrorist while others hint at a more equitable sharing of Dawood Ibrahim’s assets among his family members and trusted aides. According to Forbes, Dawood Ibrahim is one of the richest gangsters of all time. In 2015, Forbes estimated Dawood Ibrahim’s net asset at USD 6.7 billion.
Only notorious drug smuggler and gangster Pablo Escobar of Colombia was valued by Forbes higher. In 1989, Forbes estimated Pablo Escobar’s net worth at USD 9 billion.
Dawood is married to Mehjabeen Shaikh and the couple has four children. One of his daughters, Mahrukh, married Junaid Miandad, son of former Pakistani cricketer Javed Miandad. Another of his daughters, Mehreen, married a Pakistani–American businessman. His son Moin married Saniya, the daughter of a London-based Pakistani businessman. He lost one of his daughters, Maria, to an illness in Pakistan, in 2010.
Moin Ibrahim, his only son, became a ‘maulana’ in 2017, and this reportedly did not go down well with Dawood. It was said that Dawood was depressed for a very long time because of his son’s choice of the path of religion instead of a cushy life.
- In order to capitalize on the communal disharmony prevalent in India, especially in Mumbai, Pakistan’s secret service agency, the ‘Inter-Services Intelligence’ (ISI), joined hands with Dawood in the early 90s. ISI funded Dawood further and helped him grow. In return, Dawood became a part of the plot that intended to destroy Mumbai’s backbone.
- It was Tiger Memon who had planned the Mumbai attacks and the weapons involved in the attack were smuggled to Mumbai via Dawood’s smuggling chain. He was also accused to be one of the planners and financers of the serial blasts that took place on March 12, 1993, and claimed 257 innocent lives.
- Ever since the blasts, he has been on the ‘Most Wanted’ list issued by the Indian government. His alleged contacts with Osama bin Laden had him on USA’s radar too. This had him included on the list of global terrorists with USD 25 million as head money.
- Dawood has also been suspected of working alongside every other terrorist organization active in the Indian subcontinent. His role in both the 2002 Gujarat riots and the 2008 Mumbai attacks is debated to date.
- Indian media organization ‘Times Now’ had once claimed that Dawood has been in Karachi, Pakistan, since 2015. A dossier prepared by the Indian government for Pakistan had stated that Dawood had nine residences in Pakistan and 3 passports to his name.
Some Known Facts About Dawood Ibrahim
- Does Dawood smoke?: Yes
- Does Dawood Ibrahim drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in a Konkani Muslim Family in Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
- His father was a head constable with the Mumbai Police.
- He was raised in the Temkar Mohalla area of Dongri.
- He attended Ahmed Sailor High School in Dongri. However, he dropped out of the high-school.
- While growing up in Dongri, Dawood came in contact with Haji Mastan (the mobster).
- He also worked in the Karim Lala Gang.
- Soon, a feud developed between Dawood and Haji Mastan and when the latter attacked two of Dawood’s men, Dawood, with his brother Shabir Ibrahim Kaskar formed the D-Company. The D-Company has grown up to become one of the largest organized crime syndicates in South East Asia.
- After the 1993 Mumbai Serial Blast, he became India’s most wanted man.
- In 2003, the US Government declared him a ‘global terrorist.’
- In 2011, Forbes’ listed him 3rd in the world’s top 10 most dreaded criminals list.
- Once, he had a good hold in the Cricket affairs and was a prominent face in Sharjah. Dawood Ibrahim at Sharjah
- Bollywood filmmakers have always been obsessed with Dawood and a number of films have been made on his life. The company, D, Black Friday, Once Upon A Time in Mumbai & D-Day to name a few.
- In 2006, he married his daughter, Mahrukh Ibrahim to Junaid Miandad (son of former Pakistani Cricketer Javed Miandad).
- In 2011, he married his daughter, Mehreen to Ayub (a Pakistani-American).
- On 25 September 2011, he married his son Moin to Saniya (daughter of a London-based businessman).
- In 2013, Dilip Vengsarkar alleged that during the 1986 Sharjah Tournament, Dawood had entered the Indian Cricket Team dressing room and offered a car to each Indian player if they beat Pakistan in the Sharjah Cup Final.
- Dawood Ibrahim is accused of carrying out 1993-Mumbai bomb blasts, 26/11 terror attacks, having close links with proscribed terror outfit Al Qaida’ Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri, 2G spectrum scam and IPL spot-fixing scam among others.
- Dawood Ibrahim has been named by the UN Security Council’s IS and al-Qaida Sanctions Committee as global terrorists.
- The UN list has put out 15 aliases of Dawood Ibrahim. These are Dawood Ebrahim, Sheikh Dawood Hassan, Abdul Hamid Abdul Aziz, Anis Ibrahim, Aziz Dilip, Daud Hasan Shaikh Ibrahim Kaskar, Daud Ibrahim Memon Kaskar, Dawood Hasan Ibrahim Kaskar, Dawood Ibrahim Memon, Dawood Sabri, Kaskar Dawood Hasan, Shaikh Mohd Ismail Abdul Rehman, Dawood Hassan Shaikh Ibrahim, Shaikh Ismail Abdul, and Hizrat.
- The UN has acknowledged that Dawood Ibrahim lives in Pakistan. It has confirmed not less than six of the nine addresses shared by India. Dawood Ibrahim lives in the posh Clifton area of Karachi. He lives in a palatial bungalow spread over 6,000 square yards at D-13, Block-4, Clifton, Karachi in Pakistan.
- The lane in which his bungalow is located in a no-trespass zone of Karachi and is heavily guarded by Pakistani Rangers. Dawood Ibrahim enjoys the patronage of ISI.
- Dawood Ibrahim has his business interests in more than a dozen countries spread over Europe, Africa, and South Asia. He has assets worth USD 450 million in the UK alone. He is said to have invested in over 50 properties in different countries.
- Dawood Ibrahim’s business is spread over India, Pakistan, UK, Germany, Turkey, France, Spain, Morocco, Cyprus, UAE, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore.
- Despite a tight vigil by the government, Dawood Ibrahim’s earnings from the illegal businesses in India have not dried up completely. Some reports suggest that up to 40 percent of his earnings still comes from India. His main business in India is pumping fake Indian currency notes (FICN). Though, demonetization by the Modi government is said to have hurt his business severely.
- Dawood Ibrahim’s other flourishing business with an Indian connection is illegal to trade in diamonds from South Africa, where his close associate Chhota Shakeel is said to have shifted his base from Dubai. Most of the diamonds mined in South Africa including those of Dawood Ibrahim’s comes to India for cutting and polishing.
- Chhota Shakeel is also understood to be running Dawood Ibrahim’s crime syndicate in India. Chhota Shakeel is believed to be the person, who recruits contract killers to do the job in India. Chhota Shakeel is helped by another trusted aide of Dawood Ibrahim and is identified by the name Rehmat in South Africa.
Is Daud Ibrahim Alive?
According To International Claims, Ibrahim Is Believed To Be Living In Pakistan And Then In The United Arab Emirates. According To Indian Claims He Has Shifted To The Pakistan-Afghanistan Border.[/wps_faq]
Where Is Dawood Ibrahim Hiding?
Fugitive Underworld Don And Dreaded Terrorist Dawood Ibrahim, Who Is Wanted In India In Connection With The 1993 Mumbai Serial Blasts Case, Is Currently Hiding In Karachi, Pakistan.
Is Dawood Ibrahim Rich?
Dawood Ibrahim Allegedly Orchestrated The Mumbai Bomb Blasts In 1993. Starting Off As A Small-time Hustler, He Has Now Become A Global Player In The Terror Network. He Is Said To Have Close Ties With Terrorist Groups Like Al-Qaeda. He Is Also Said To Be Worth About $6.7 Billion.
When Did Dawood Ibrahim Flee India?
1993, Dawood Ibrahim And His Brother And Top Lieutenant, Anis Ibrahim, Have Been Fugitives From India Since 1993, When D Company Was Implicated In Coordinated Bombings In Mumbai That Killed More Than 200 People,” According To Excerpts Of A Us Attorney’s Affidavit For Extradition Read Out By Moti’s Barrister, Edward.