The Peruvian footballer Pedro David Gallese Quiroz (born 23 February 1990) plays as a goalkeeper with jersey number 1 for Major League Soccer club Orlando City and the Peruvian national team. In 2007, Pedro Gallese joined the academy at Universidad San Martin after spending time at Academia Tito Drago and Club Deportivo Junior FC. In 2014, he earned his first international call-up and eventually earned his first cap as a result of 63 appearances for the club. It was in 2015 that Pedro Gallese decided to leave Universidad San Martin after seven years of service. Many clubs were interested in Gallese after his performances at the Copa América Centenario in the United States in 2016.
As of 17 January 2020, Gallese joined the MLS team Orlando City. In August 2021, Gallese was selected as an MLS All-Star for the 2021 MLS All-Star Game. In 2007, Pedro Gallese participated in the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in South Korea as a member of Peru’s national under-17 football team. A friendly match between Panama and Gallese marked Gallese’s debut at the senior international level. During the 2015 Copa América held in Chile, Pedro Gallese was selected to represent Peru, which won the bronze medal. In addition, Gallese was selected for the team for the Copa América Centenario that was hosted in the United States in 2016. Peru’s 1–0 victory over Brazil earned him the title of man of the match during the tournament.
Pedro Gallese was named Peru’s first-choice goalkeeper in the 2018 World Cup qualifying process. He was named to Peru’s provisional squad in May 2018 and eventually made it into the final 23. During the 2019 Copa América, Gallese played a significant role in helping Peru qualify for its first Copa América final in 44 years, stopping Luis Suárez’s penalty in the quarterfinal penalty shootout. The final result was a 3-1 loss for Peru to Brazil.
Pedro Gallese Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Pedro Gallese. It gives you the ability to read through the Peruvian footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Pedro David Gallese Quiroz|
|Nickname/ Popular Name/ Shirt Name||The Octopus|
|Age||33 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||San Juan de Miraflores, Lima, Peru|
|Date of Birth||23 February 1990|
|Residence||San Juan de Miraflores, Lima, Peru|
|Home Town||San Juan de Miraflores, Lima, Peru|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Tatiana Quiroz|
|Father's Name||Pedro Gallese Quiroz Garrido|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Claudia Díaz (m. 2016)|
|Children||Daughter(s)- Catalina de Siena (born Oct 28, 2018)|
Son(s)- Piero (born 14 July 2017)
|School||Academia Tito Drago youth academy|
|College/University||Universidad San Martín youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Adequatesports|
|Debut For Current Club Team||• 2020: Orlando City SC|
|Debut For Current Senior International Team||• 2014: Peru national football team|
|Jersey Number (2022-23)||• 1 (Orlando City SC)|
• 1 (Peru national football team)
|Current Teams||• Orlando City SC|
• Peru national football team
|Achievements||Universidad San Martín|
• Peruvian Primera División winner: 2010
• Copa Inca runner-up: 2014
• Supercopa MX runner-up: 2016
• U.S. Open Cup: 2022
• Copa América third place: 2015
• Copa América second place: 2019
• MLS All-Star: 2021
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 190 cm|
in meters- 1.90 m
in feet inches- 6'3"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 79 kg|
in pounds- 174 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Peruvian|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Goalkeeper|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Pedro Gallese Wife And Children
It is my pleasure to inform you that the Peruvian star goalkeeper is happily married. In December 2016, he married his wife, Claudia. In July 2017, he became a father to a baby boy.
Additionally, to being a fine goalkeeper, he is also a devoted and committed family man who takes good care of his family and has stated that his wife is an inspiration to him.
Pedro Gallese Net Worth And Salary
In 2023, what will Pedro Gallese’s salary be?
In Jan 2020 Pedro Gallese signed a contract with Orlando City SC that netted him a whopping salary of £456,632 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns €3,863 per day and €161 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$2 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$1 Million|
|SALARY UPDATE 2023||His current club salary and several other earnings are included in the salary data below.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£456,632|
|Per Month Salary||£38,052|
|Per Week Salary||£8,781|
|Per Day Salary||£1,254|
|Per Hour Salary||£52|
|Per Minute Salary||£0.8|
|Current Contract||With Orlando City SC|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jan 17, 2020|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||Free Transfer|
|Market Value||$2.75 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$3.30 Million (Jun 11, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Pedro Gallese has an estimated net worth of around $2 Million, and his market value is about $2.75 million.
Krzysztof Piatek Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Salary, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Pedro Gallese FIFA 22 – Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Pedro Gallese has an overall rating of 74 with a potential of 74. Pedro Gallese has got a 1-star skillmoves rating.
Pedro Gallese FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|18||Heading Accuracy||17||FK Accuracy|
|31||Short Passing||44||Long Passing|
|23||Defensive Awareness||19||Sliding Tackle|
He prefers to shoot with his left foot. His workrates are Medium / High. Pedro Gallese’s height is 190 cm and his weight is estimated at 79 kg according to our database. Currently, Pedro Gallese is playing with the number 1.
Universidad San Martin
- In 2007, Pedro Gallese joined the academy at Universidad San Martin after spending his youth at Academia Tito Drago and Club Deportivo Junior FC.
- A product of the club’s youth system, he made his senior team debut against Atlético Minero on 25 June 2008, when the team won 4–0.
- His performance earned him his first international call-up and eventual cap in 2014 after he made 63 appearances for the club.
Loan To Atlético Minero
Atlético Minero offered Pedro Gallese a loan contract for the 2009 season, as his first-team opportunities were limited.
Guilherme Arana Biography, Age, Wife, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
In 2015, Pedro Gallese decided to leave Universidad San Martín following 7 years with the club. In the 2015 Torneo Descentralizado, Gallese made his debut for Juan Aurich against Defensor La Bocana, winning 2–1.
On 19 February 2015, Gallese made his Copa Libertadores debut against Tigres, losing 3–0.
It was Gallese’s performance in the Copa América Centenario in the United States in 2016 that made him a target for several clubs. The Mexican club Veracruz eventually signed Gallese on 19 June 2016.
In the 2016 Supercopa MX, he made his debut for the team on 10 July, losing 2–0 to Guadalajara. Pedro Gallese was released by Veracruz in the first week of December after the club was disaffiliated from Liga MX.
Loan To Alianza Lima
For the 2019 season, Gallese returned to Peru on a 12-month loan with Alianza Lima after falling out of favor under Veracruz manager Robert Siboldi the previous campaign.
Pedro Gallese At Orlando City
- As of 17 January 2020, Gallese is a member of the MLS team Orlando City. His debut for the team took place on 29 February, when he kept a clean sheet in a 0–0 draw against Real Salt Lake.
- In the MLS is Back Tournament, Gallese made the only save during the team’s quarter-final penalty shoot-out victory over Los Angeles FC on 31 July 2020.
- Against New York City FC, Gallese was once again involved in a penalty shoot-out on 21 November 2020.
- In extra time, Gallese had been booked for time-wasting when he appeared to save the fifth penalty kick. However, VAR overturned the play and Gallese was sent off for leaving the goal line early.
- After defender Rodrigo Schlegel replaced Gallese in goal and saved a penalty in the seventh round of the shootout, Orlando won the game.
- As part of the 2021 MLS All-Star Game, Gallese was named an MLS All-Star.
Manuel Ugarte (footballer) Biography, Age, Height, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- At the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup held in South Korea, Pedro Gallese did not appear and was a reserve for Éder Hermoza.
- Gallese made his senior international debut on 6 August 2014 against Panama in a friendly match. During the 3–0 win, he kept a clean sheet and saved a penalty in the 82nd minute.
- With Peru, Pedro Gallese was selected to the squad for the 2015 Copa América held in Chile.
- They were awarded the bronze medal. Additionally, Gallese was selected to play in the 2016 Copa América Centenario in the United States.
- As a result of Peru’s 1-0 victory over Brazil during the tournament, he was named man of the match.
- During Peru’s 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign, Pedro Gallese became the first-choice goalkeeper.
- On 5 October 2017, Gallese returned to Peru after breaking his wrist during a Liga MX match with Veracruz in August 2017.
2018 FIFA World Cup And Later
- In spite of his injury, Gallese managed to hold Argentina to a 0–0 draw at La Bombonera, keeping Peru in contention for World Cup qualification.
- After Peru defeated New Zealand in the intercontinental playoff on 15 November 2017, Gallese was part of the team that qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- In spite of the injury, Gallese was able to keep a clean sheet in both games, enabling Peru to qualify for the World Cup for the first time in 36 years with a score of 2–0 on aggregate.
- As a member of Peru’s provisional squad, he was eventually selected for the final 23 in May 2018.
- After two losses to Denmark and France, Peru failed to qualify from the group stage of the 2018 FIFA World Cup despite having him as their starting goalkeeper.
- In their final group match, a 2–0 victory over Australia, however, he was able to keep a clean sheet.
- During the 2019 Copa América, Gallese was once again selected as Peru’s starting goalkeeper, where he played an important role in the team’s first-ever Copa América final for 44 years, including saving Luis Suárez’s penalty in the quarterfinal penalty shoot-out. The final result was a 3-1 loss for Peru to Brazil.
Andres Guardado Biography, Age, Family, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
He is 33 years old as of 2023.
He is 190 cm or 6’3″ tall.
Pedro Gallese plays as a goalkeeper for Major League Soccer club Orlando City and the Peru national team.
He was born in San Juan de Miraflores, Lima, Peru.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Pedro Gallese worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Pedro Gallese has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Robert Gumny Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Peruvian footballer. Hopefully, Pedro Gallese’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Pedro Gallese.