Paris Hilton, born with a ‘silver spoon’, is a multi-millionaire heiress of the Hilton Group of Hotels. She is also a media-notable, jet setter, actress, model, party-goer, and writer. She might have seen only the ‘greener’ view of the grass ever since she was a little girl, but life did take her on its heritage of twists, turns, loops, and downfalls throughout her interesting yet questionable career. The acting was always her ‘first love’ and she went on to star in a number of forgettable but notable films including, ‘House of Wax’, ‘The Bling Ring’, ‘Zoolander’, ‘Wonderland’ and ‘The Hottie and the Nottie’.
She is also the owner of a fashion line, a perfume line, a night-life line, and her own records group, ‘Heiress Records’. Her life was all delicious- sailing, dotted with a number of relationships, music, partying, and opulence. However, one scandalous s*x tape titled, ‘One Night in Paris’, shoved her and she soon became the pet of the paparazzi; both, good and bad. Though in today’s circumstances, her acting skills may seem a little old-fashioned, she has hit it big with her entrepreneur skills and her music albums, colluding with a number of international artistes like Pitbull and Nicki Minaj.
Paris Hilton Wiki/Bio[table id=1630 /]
Paris Hilton was born on February 17, 1981, to the former actress, Kathy Richards, and real estate kingpin, Richard Hilton. She is the eldest of her other three siblings – Nicholai, Barron, and Conrad. She is of German, Norwegian, Italian and Irish ancestry. Given the childhood nickname “Star” by her mother and grandmother, Hilton, who started modeling as a child at philanthropic functions, was born into acting capital.
Her maternal grandmother was actress “Big” Kathy Dugan, and aunts Kim and Kyle Richards proceed to make film and television characters. Hilton is also related by marriage to Zsa Zsa Gabor, who wed Hilton’s great-grandfather, Conrad Hilton, and Elizabeth Taylor, who was briefly married to Hilton’s great uncle, Conrad Nicholson Hilton Jr.
From a very young age, Paris saw nothing but beauty and generosity. She studied at St. Paul the Apostle Church and School from where she graduated in 1995.
At the age of 14, the family relocated to the East Coast and she then attended an array of schools including ‘Convent of the Sacred Heart’, ‘Provo Canyon School’, ‘Canterbury Boarding School’ and ‘Dwight School’, before dropping out as a high school junior.
She began modeling from very early on and signed her first modeling contract with the agency ‘T Management’ at the age of 19. She loved to model and soon became a regular face on tabloids and at party scenes.
By 2001, young Paris Hilton received the standing of a ‘socialite’ and was known as ‘New York’s leading IT Girl’. The following year, she was given a small task in the horror film, ‘Nine Lives’.
As East Coast transplants, Hilton and her sister regularly visited society functions, charitable events, fashion shows, and A-list parties. The two soon became regulars on the red carpet, and a titillating 2000 Vanity Fair opened shot by famed photographer David LaChapelle pasted their burgeoning popularity.
Around this time, Hilton contracted with Donald Trump’s modeling agency, T Management. She was soon seen in a flurry of campaigns for leading clothing designers such as Christian Dior and Tommy Hilfiger, as well as national publications. Hilton went on to work with other top agencies, including Ford Models Management and London’s Model 1 Agency.
Paris Hilton Net Worth
Paris Hilton has a net worth of $320 million dollars.[table id=1631 /]
Her licensing domain today includes retail stores around the world that sell Paris-branded clothing, handbags, perfumes, and more. To date, she has endorsed 17 fragrances that have generated over $2 billion in gross income. In fact, the majority of Paris’ net worth is attributable to her perfume royalties. She likely gets a 20-30% cut of profits made.
Paris Hilton’s grandfather Barron was reportedly so embarrassed by his granddaughter’s antics that in 2007 he adjusted the terms of his will to leave 97% of his $4.5 billion fortune to charity instead of his family. So, instead of approximately two dozen people inheriting $4.5 billion, $190 million per person, those same people split 3% of $4.5 billion. That’s a total of $135 million, around $5.6 million per person.
In 2007, Paris spent $5.9 million for a home in a guarded gated community in the LA suburb of Sherman Oaks. It was this home that was burglarized by the so-called “Bling Ring”. She beforehand had a $6.2 million home in Beverly Hills and a home in the Hollywood Hills. In 2014 Paris bought a penthouse in downtown Manhattan for $4.9 million.
Paris Hilton Movies And TV Shows
- Her first breakthrough as an actress came in 2003 when she acted in her very own reality show, ‘The Simple Life’ along with her best friend, Nicole Richie.
- In November 2003, an illegal four-minute video of Hilton began to circulate on the Internet; dubbed “One Night in Paris,” it highlighted Hilton involving in intimate acts with then-boyfriend Rick Salomon. Salomon marketed the video, earning millions in sales, and Hilton listed suit. Although the case was settled out of court, reports declared that Hilton received $400,000 from the video. Additionally, she publicly declared that she had never intended the video to be a commercial venture.
- In 2004, Hilton started her very own lifestyle brand and designed a 10-piece line collection, which was launched on Amazon.com for sale. The same year, she authored her autobiography, ‘Confessions of an Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek Behind the Pose’, and also started her fragrance line.
- Her second book, ‘Your Heiress Diary: Confess It All to Me’ was delivered in 2005 and she started her second line of perfumes, ‘Just Me’. She was also cast for the film, ‘House of Wax’ opposite Elisha Cuthbert and Chad Michael Murray.
- ‘The Simple Life’ had three flourishing seasons on Fox but was eliminated after a fall-out between Hilton and Richie for unspecified reasons. However, the two renewed their friendship the next year.
- In 2006, a new season for ‘The Simple Life’ was being built and the same year, she chose to venture out into the music world. She debuted with her self-titled album, ‘Paris’, which became a tremendous hit, contrary to what the public believed it would be.
- Just when Paris Hilton’s life was going easily, she was arrested in September 2006 for ‘driving under the influence of alcohol’, leading to the end of her license. This arrest complicated the shoot of her season for ‘The Simple Life’.
- In December 2006, she performed in the movie, ‘National Lampoon’s Pledge This!’ which was released directly to the video.
- Her debut studio album under Heiress Records, ‘Paris’ released on August 22, 2006, and sold near 197,000 copies in the United States till 2011. The two hit singles, ‘Stars are Blind’ and ‘Nothing in this World’ went on to feature in a number of popular music charts and were placed at number 6 on the U.S. Billboard 200.
- In 2007, she published a hair extensions line called ‘DreamCatchers’. The same year, her license was once again interrupted and she was confined to jail.
- However, she could not serve her jail term and instead was confined to her house with an electronic monitoring device due to an indefinite health condition. The same year, she released another perfume line called, ‘Can-Can’.
- In 2008, she designed a line for dogs called, ‘Little Lily’. She also performed in an episode of ‘My Name is Earl’ and arrived in a video online, ‘Paris Hilton Responds to McCain Ad’ with a leopard print swimsuit.
- On September 30, 2008, she arrived in the reality show, ‘Paris Hilton’s My New BFF’, where she looked to make a new best friend. The series became a huge hit. The success of this show led her to star in the cult film, ‘Repo! The Genetic Opera’. The same year, she also released another range of fragrance titled, ‘Fairy Dust’.
- She began filming for the British spin-off of the American reality show, ‘Paris Hilton My New BFF’ titled, ‘Paris Hilton’s British Best Friend’, which aired in 2009. Many fans were also pleasantly surprised when she appeared in an episode of ‘Supernatural’.
- In July 2009, she launched another fragrance line, ‘Siren’ which won important awards. It was during this time, she involved herself in the design of a new sunglasses collection, which was launched in October the same year.
- 2010 proved to be both fruitful and destructive for Paris. During the FIFA World Cup, she was caught smoking marijuana and was shepherded by the local police. She was, however, later released. She was once again detained at the airport for possessing cannabis, in Corsica.
- However, not everything was gloomy for Paris as she delivered her 10th fragrance line, ‘Tease’, which is believed to have been inspired by the character of Marilyn Monroe.
- In the same month of the fragrance’s release, she was arrested in Las Vegas for possession of cocaine. After this, airport authorities around the world including the ones in Japan kept an annoyingly close watch on Hilton and she canceled her promotional trips to other southeast Asian countries, due to fear of being arrested for possession of drugs.
- In 2010, she appeared in the hit documentary, ‘Teenage Paparazzo’, which aired on HBO. The same year, she lent her voice for a character in the film, ‘The Dog Who Saved Christmas Vacation’. Towards the end of 2010, she introduced her own motorcycle team, who performed in the 125cc World Championship.
- In 2011, she made a comeback on television with, ‘The World According to Paris’, which was not very successful.
- From 2012 to 2013, she was involved in a number of projects including coming up with a new sunglasses line, her new perfume line, ‘Dazzle’, appearing in a Korean music video and bagging roles in the reality shows, ‘Paradise Hotel’ and ‘The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’.
- Since then, she has also appeared in the 2013 film, ‘The Bling Ring’.
- In October 2013, Paris Hilton came up with the first single from her upcoming second studio album, “Good Time”. The song also featured rapper Lil Wayne and it debuted at number 18 on the US Billboard Dance/Electronic Songs chart. The second single, “Come Alive”, and the third single “High Off My Love”, from her upcoming second studio album, were released in July 2014 and May 2015, respectively.
Arrest and Jailtime
While her business efforts were taking off, Hilton’s hard-partying private lifestyle would catch up with her in September 2006, when she was detained on suspicion of driving under the impact of alcohol. Hilton was arrested and placed on punishment. The heiress was back in court only a few months later after the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office alleged that she had violated the terms of her probation by driving on a suspended license.
In May 2007, Hilton was jailed to 45 days in jail, a sentence that was later reduced to 23 days. Hilton announced to the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, California, on the night of June 3, directly after she performed an appearance at the 2007 MTV Movie Awards. After serving only three full days in prison, Hilton was released early in the morning on June 7 for undefined health reasons. The court ordered her to complete her sentence by spending 40 days in home detention.
Responding to the judgment that Hilton was receiving special treatment as a result of her celebrity status, a judge ordered Hilton to return to jail. Upon detecting the sentence, Hilton screamed, “It’s not right!” and asked for her mother. She was subsequently relocated to the medical wing of the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles and transferred back to the Century Regional Detention Facility on June 13.
Hilton was discharged from jail on June 26, 2007, serving a total of 22 days in detention. As networks vied for her first post-incarceration meeting, the Hilton family drew negative press for trying to extract a million-dollar fee from Barbara Walters and ABC. A furious Walters denied, and network interest disappeared. Finally, a reformed Hilton performed for free on Larry King Live, maintaining that the jail’s minister had inspired her to make a “new beginning.”
- Paris Hilton has many pets, all dogs, namely, Dolce (Pomeranian), Bambi (Chihuahua), Tinkerbell, and Marilyn Monroe.
- Paris Hilton’s paternal great-grandfather – Conrad Hilton founded Hilton Hotels.
- During shooting for the movie “House of Wax”, Paris Hilton experienced a panic attack.
- Hilton established the record label “Heiress Records” in 2004.
- Paris can’t maintain herself from McDonald’s French Fries.
- Paris won Golden Raspberry Award as Worst Actress of the Decade for her profession in the movie “House of Wax” in 2010.
- Her shoe size is 11, which most brands don’t make. So, her shoes are specifically made in order for her.
- She was a cheerleader in high school.
- She has achieved popularity not because of her talent rather because she related to a wealthy and high-class society and was a regular visitor of social parties, which is unlike other celebs.
No, She Would Pay Just Like Everyone Else. Many Are Not Company-owned, They Are Independent Franchisees Of The Hilton Brand. Also, It Causes Problems With Bookkeeping, And Do Most Front Desk Clerks Even Know Who/What Paris Looks Like. So She Would Pay For Her Room Just Like Everyone Else, She May Is Able To “Expense” Back To Corp But That Is After The Fact Item.
Paris Hilton Is A Spoiled Brat In The Early Forties Who Has No Idea Of Life. She Only Knows About Parties And Nothing Else Comes To Mind Because There Are Parents Who Pay Her All The Expenses. On The Other Hand, We Have Paris Jackson Who Lost Her Father At The Most Vulnerable Age Of Her Life, Being Eleven Years Old When Her Father Passed Away. Paris Jackson Has Her Father’s Legacy, But She’s Also A Successful Young Woman With Both Feet On The Ground. Having The Same Name Is Not Necessarily The Same In Behavior. Paris Hilton Walks Around The World With Her Head In The Clouds While Paris Jackson Knows How Difficult Life Is.
Similar Doesn’t Cut It. The Only Thing You Can Sue And Win Is Someone Actually Impersonating You, Pretending They Are You. That’s A Criminal Act. Punning On Your Name Is A Joke And Even More So If You’ve Behaved Ridiculously To Gain A Lot Of Attention.
A Few Years Ago, While Staying At A Hilton Hotel In California, I Asked A Staff Member In The Lobby Where The Ladies’ Room Was. She Gestured Toward An Enormous Oil Painting Of A Distinguished-looking Gentleman At The Other End Of The Lobby And Said, “Walk Down There, Turn Right At The Portrait Of Paris Hilton’s Great-grandfather, And Walk A Short Distance. You’ll See It On Your Left.”
Kim Became A Mommy While Paris Stayed Childless/Childfree. Talk About Not Only Building A Franchise But Also Winking At Those Who Think Babies Will Help Their Parents Grow & Change. Kim Also Seems To Be More Likable & Subtle By Comparison In Whatever Direction She Takes In Her Professional Life. Even If I’m Still Scratching My Head At The Notion Of Her Wanting To Brand Everything From Her Body Parts To Her Children’s Names, “Ka-ching!” To Her.