Nithya Menen is a well-known Indian actress and singer. She mainly appears in Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and Hindi movies. Menen is famous for portraying the role of Tara in the Tamil movie, O Kadhal Kanmani. Nithya is the winner of 3 Filmfare Awards for the Telugu films Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde, Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju, and the Tamil film Mersal. She has appeared in over 50 movies from supporting roles to lead roles. Nithya Menen was born in a Malayali Family on 8 April 1988 in Banashankari, Bangalore. Not much known about her family.
Nithya Menen Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Nithya Menen|
|Nick Name||Not Known|
|Age||(as in 2020) 32 Years|
|Debut||• Film (English): The Monkey Who Knew Too Much (1998)|
• Film (Malayalam): Akasha Gopuram (2008)
• Film (Telugu): Ala Modalaindi (2011)
• Film (Tamil): Nootrenbadhu (2011)
• Film (Kannada): Seven O' Clock (2005)
• Film (Hindi): Mission Mangal (2019)
• TV (Hindi): Choti Maa...Ek Anokha Bandhan (2001)
• Song (Kannada): Payasa (2010)
• Song (Telugu): Edo Anukunte (2011)
• Song (Malayalam): Ammammo Ammo (2011)
• Song (Tamil): Hi My Name is Malini (2013)
• Web Series: Breathe: Into the Shadows (2020)
|Famous Role||‘Tara’ in the Tamil film, “O Kadhal Kanmani” (2015)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Banashankari, Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Date of Birth||8 April 1988 (Friday)|
|Home Town||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Mother's Name||Not Known|
|Father's Name||Not Known|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|College/University||• Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal|
• Mount Caramel College, Bangalore
|Educational Qualification||Course in Journalism|
|Profession||Actress, Playback Singer, Dubbing Artist|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 154 cm|
in meters- 1.54 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 1”
|Weight (Approx.)||Not Known|
|Breast Size||34 inches|
|Hips Size||25 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Hindu|
|Dress Size||6 US|
|Shoe Size||7 US|
|Favourite Colors||Black, Blue|
|Favourite Film Director||Mani Ratnam|
|Favourite Cuisine||South Indian|
|Favourite Films||Titanic (1997), The Matrix (1999), Spider-Man (2002)|
|Favourite Music Director||A. R. Rahman|
|Favourite Travel Destinations||Kerala, London, Goa|
|Favourite Singer||Shreya Ghoshal|
|Favourite Writer||John Grisham|
After completing her schooling Nithya attended Manipal’s Manipal Institute of Communication and Bangalore’s Mount Caramel College to study journalism. She actively competed in co-curricular activities in her school days. She was good at dance and singing from a very young age. When Nithya was 10 years old, she landed a role in the English language movie The Monkey Who Knew Too Much in 1998.
Menen began her acting career in 2001 with the TV show Choti Maa…Ek Anokha Bandhan. Then, she appeared as a supporting actor in the Kannada movie at 7 O’Clock in 2006. The 2008 off-beat film Aakasha Gopuram, directed by National Film Award-winning director K. P. Kumaran, marked her Malayalam debut in the leading role in which she was paired with Mohanlal.
Nithya Menen Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Nithya Menen’s estimated Net Worth has been updated below:
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$2.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, Playback Singer, Dubbing Artist|
Nithya Menen featured in the Kannada film, Josh. She played a supporting role in the film, which got rave reviews and became a commercial success. In the year 2011, Nithya’s first release was Nandini Reddy’s romantic comedy Ala Modalaindi, which washer maiden Telugu venture as well. Moreover, Nithya also sang 2 songs for the soundtrack album of the film, tuned by Kalyani Malik.
Nithya starred in Santosh Sivan’s historical fiction Urumi as part of an ensemble cast. she next performed in ad-filmmaker Jayendra’s bilingual venture 180/Nootrenbadhu, made and released in Tamil and Telugu in the year 2011, in which she portrayed a photojournalist named Vidhya. In the same year, Nithya was seen in Sibi Malayil’s Violin in Malayalam and the Gautham Menon-produced Veppam in Tamil.
In 2012, Nithya’s first release was the Telugu romance movie Ishq with Nitin Reddy. She appeared in Karmayogi, a Malayalam adaptation of Shakespeare’s Hamlet. Nithya was seen in 2 Malayalam projects, T. K. Rajeev Kumar’s Thalsamayam Oru Penkutty, in which she played a role of a village woman whose daily life is filmed and broadcast as a reality show for a month, and Anwar Rasheed’s Ustad Hotel.
In the year 2013, Nithya starred in 3 Telugu movies, Okkadine, Jabardasth, and Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde, and one Kannada movie Mynaa. Menen starred in 3 Tamil movies in 2016, 24 opposite Suriya, for the first time. In Telugu, she starred in 2 movies, okka Ammayi Thappa opposite Sundeep Kishan & Janatha Garage opposite Jr. NTR. In 2017, Nithya’s only release was a Tamil film Mersal opposite Vijay, which garnered her a Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Tamil.
In the next year, her first release was Nani’s Production venture an anthology psychological thriller Awe. Nithya’s next release was VK Prakash’s Praana which marks her comeback to the Malayalam industry after 2015’s romantic flick 100 days of love. Menen made her Hindi debut with Mission Mangal alongside Akshay Kumar.
|1998||The Monkey Who Knew Too Much|
180 / Nootrenbadhu
Thalsamayam Oru Penkutty
Doctor Innocent Aanu
Bachelor Party Neethu
Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde
|2014||Malini 22 Palayamkottai|
|2015||Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju|
JK Enum Nanbanin Vaazhkai, Telugu title: Rajadhi Raja
100 Days of Love
O Kadhal Kanmani
Okka Ammayi Thappa
Kotigobba 2/Mudinja Ivana Pudi
Web Series List
|2020||Breathe: Into the Shadows|
Facts About Nithya Menen
- Menen was excellent at dancing and singing in her school and college days. Nithya actively took part in co-curricular activities in her childhood.
- She aspired to become a journalist since childhood. Nevertheless, when she was in her last semester, she noticed it unappealing and chose to make her career in filmmaking.
- After graduating in journalism, she joined Pune’s Film and Television Institute of India to do a program in cinematography.
- When Menen appeared for the entrance exam of the program, she met the movie director, B. V. Nandini Reddy who persuaded her to pursue acting.
- Menen’s Bollywood debut came with the film Mission Mangal in 2019.
- In 2020, Nithya made her digital media debut with the web series Breathe: Into the Shadows.
- She has worked in movies in multiple languages including Hindi, Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, and Tamil.
- She has starred on the covers of magazines like Provoke Magazine and JFW (Just For Women) Magazine.
- Menon has a good grasp of over six different languages including English, Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, and Tamil.
Where is Nithya Menon from?
What is the age of Nithya Menon?
32 years (8 April 1988)
What is Nithya Menon’s height?