Neha Dhupia (born 27 August 1980) is an Indian actress and beauty pageant winner who works in Hindi, Punjabi, Telugu, and Malayalam language films. She made her acting debut in a stage play, Graffiti in New Delhi. Later, she ventured into modeling. In 1994, Neha made her first on-screen appearance as a child artist in the Malayalam movie, Minnaram. At the age of 19, she starred in the Star Plus’ TV Serial, Rajdhani. She also appeared in TV serials like Ssshhhh Koi Hai, Musafir Hoon Yaaron, and various other programs. She got her big break after she won the Famine Miss India pageant in 2002.
She won the 2002 Femina Miss India pageant. Her Bollywood debut in Qayamat: City Under Threat. This beauty queen has also appeared in successful films like Chup Chup Ke (2006), Singh Is Kinng (2008). Though she has done many critically acclaimed films like Ek Chaalis ki last local with Abhay Deol, Phas Gaya Re Obama with Rajat Kapoor, she never won any awards for her work. She has worked internationally in IFC’S Bollywood Hero with Chris Kattan.
Neha Dhupia Bio/ Wiki
[table id=1410 /]
Family – Father, Mother, and Siblings
Neha Dhupia was born on 27 August 1980 (age 42; as in 2022) in Cochin, Kerala, India. She was educated at Nabal Public School in Kochi and Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi. She graduated in History from Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi.
Neha Dhupia Net Worth
Neha enjoys moderate success as an actress, model, and show host. She has an estimated net worth of $6 million as she charges a hefty sum of INR 40-50 lakh per film. She has endorsed several brands and walked the ramp for numerous leading labels as a model and a show stopper.
[table id=1411 /]
Neha resides in a luxurious house in Mumbai and owns a bungalow in Goa. Renault Duster and Toyota Land Cruiser shine brightly in her impressive car collection. Apart from acting and modeling, her hobbies are traveling, shopping, and collecting brands. Being a Punjabi descent, she loves spicy homemade food. Neha Dhupia is active in philanthropy.
Neha Dhupia Movies – Career
- Dhupia made her acting debut in a play in New Delhi called Graffiti.
- Thereafter she appeared in a music video for Indipop band Euphoria and modeled for advertisement campaigns. She then appeared in the TV serial Rajdhani.
- In 2002, she participated in the Femina Miss India pageant, where she was crowned as Miss Universe India 2002. She was subsequently sent to the Miss Universe 2002 pageant in Puerto Rico where she placed in the top 10.
- Dhupia made her film debut in 1994 as a child artist in Malayalam film Minnaram starring Mohanlal. Her Bollywood debut was with the 2003 film Qayamat: City Under Threat, which had an average performance at the box office.
- She rose to fame with her role Julie and then appeared in Sheesha (2005) in a dual role of twin sisters but it did not do well at the box office.
- She then starred in films such as Kyaa Kool Hai Hum (2005) and Shootout at Lokhandwala (2007), which did well at the box office, and featured in a segment of the anthology film Dus Kahaniyaan (2007).
- In the following years, Dhupia appeared in supporting roles in multiple films including Chup Chup Ke (2006), Ek Chalis Ki Last Local (2007), Mithya (2008), Maharathi (2008), Singh Is Kinng (2008) and Dasvidaniya (2008). In 2011, she played Eva Braun in the film Dear Friend Hitler about Mahatma Gandhi.
- In 2016, Neha conceptualized and hosted a Bollywood podcast called #NoFilterNeha on the Indian music app Saavn, in which she interviews Bollywood celebrities.
- Dhupia has run in the Mumbai Marathon to support the Concern India Foundation and helped to raise over 5 lakhs. She also helped to raise money for victims of the 2011 Sikkim earthquake. She performed at the GR8 Women’s Award 2012.
- She also participated in the Hiru Golden Film Awards 2014 in Sri Lanka as a special guest along with Bollywood actors such as Sunil Shetty, Vivek Oberoi, Anil Kapoor, and actress Bipasha Basu.
[table id=1412 /]
What to Know About Neha Dhupia
- Does Neha Dhupia smoke?: No
- Does Neha Dhupia drink alcohol?: Yes
- In her childhood, Neha Dhupia dreamed of becoming an athlete, but she chose acting as her career instead.
- As a child artist, Neha Dhupia appeared in the Malayalam film Minnaram in 1994.
- In 2002, she won the beauty pageant title, ‘Femina Miss India.’
- A year later, Neha Dhupia was among the top 10 contestants in Miss Universe.
- She appeared in the music video for Euphoria’s Sha Na Na before gaining all this fame. Moreover, Euphoria also made her a member of their band for some time.
- Neha Dhupia was a stage actress before shining on the stages of beauty pageants, and to date, she loves the stage more than the screen.
- Neha Dhupia did her first play in New Delhi, titled, Graffiti.
- Neha Dhupia also works as a model and has modeled for various advertisement campaigns.
- For her film, Dus Kahaniyaan (2007), Neha made her co-actor wash his hands several times before he came to the act because the scene demanded Neha to lick his palm.
- Neha Dhupia has hosted several TV shows like ‘Comedy Circus’ in 2011 and BFFs with Vogue in 2018.
- Neha Dhupia likes acting, and she made several character artist appearances in many critically acclaimed films because she loves these kinds of roles.
- She told Bollywood Life in one of her interviews that she regrets the most doing the film, Sheesha (2005), in which she played the double role.
- Neha Dhupia is one of the few actresses who valued acting very much and still acted in films that had skin show as the main theme.
- In 2009, Neha did her first American TV miniseries, Bollywood Hero, in which she played the role of Lalima Lakhani.
- Fitness enthusiast Neha Dhupia enjoys doing yoga and working out in her daily routine.
- In 2012, she turned from non-vegetarian to vegetarian when she read about how meat stays in your body for six months.
- Nautanki: The Comedy Theatre, a Colors TV show, featured Neha Dhupi as the team owner.
- Among the languages Neha Dhupia has worked in are Malayalam, Japanese, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu, Punjabi, and English.
- Neha Dhupia is also a philanthropist and does charity regularly.
- In 2016, Neha starred in MTV Roadies X4: Your Gang, Your Glory as the gang leader.
- On Saavn, Neha Dhupia hosts an audio chat show called #NoFilterNeha. In this show, she interviewed famous celebrities of Bollywood.
- In 2017, she judged the comedy show, Chhote Miyan Dhaakad that was aired on Colors TV.
- In an intimate ceremony, Neha Dhupia tied the knot with her longtime boyfriend, Angad Bedi, on 10 May 2018.
Who Is Neha Dhupia Husband?
What Is The Age Of Neha Dhupia?
43 Years (August 27, 1980)
Who Is Neha Dhupia Father?
Pradip Singh Dhupia