Neeti Mohan is an Indian singer. She sings mainly in Hindi films but has also done songs in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi, and English. Born in Delhi, she was one of the winners of the Channel V’s reality show Popstars, subsequently being chosen for Aasma, with other winners of the show. She rose to fame after recording “Ishq Wala Love” from Student of the Year (2012), ultimately winning the Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent and was nominated for the Best Female Playback Singer for “Jiya Re” from Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012).
Her rendition of six jazz tracks in the soundtrack album of Amit Trivedi’s Bombay Velvet (2015) received a positive response from the music critics. The following year, she received her second Filmfare nomination with the song “Sau Aasmaan” from Baar Baar Dekho (2016). In that year, Mohan appeared as a coach in the 1st season of The Voice India Kids and the second season of The Voice India. Besides her career in music, she has also been involved in various charities and social causes.
Neeti Mohan Bio/ Wiki
[table id=1447 /]
Family – Parents, Sisters, and Early Education
Neeti Mohan was born in Delhi. Her father, Brij Mohan Sharma, is a government officer, and her mother, Kusum, is a homemaker.
Neeti Mohan is the eldest of four sisters, Shakti Mohan, Mukti Mohan, and Kriti Mohan. Neeti Mohan started learning music at the Gandharva Mahavidyalaya. During the time, she was involved in dramatics and dancing, considering singing as a “favorite hobby”. She later moved to nalla school, Nalla public school.
During her school days, Mohan was part of the school band and participated in the Delhi Republic Day parade for five years in a row. Convinced by her father, Mohan participated in many extra-curricular activities during her school; singing, dancing, performing in the band, and theatre.
She was adjudged the best cadet in the National Cadet Corps of India and represented India as Youth Exchange Programme cadet. Later, she learned music formally at the Bhatkhande Music Institute and continued training in Mumbai with Rajashree Pathak, for five years.
Apart from training in singing, Mohan studied dancing with her two sisters. She trained in Bharata Natyam and Kathak under the supervision of Ashley Lobo. Besides training kids to dance, Mohan worked as an instructor there. Mohan graduated in philosophy from Miranda House, University of Delhi.
Neeti Mohan Net Worth
According to various online sources, Neeti Mohan’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Neeti Mohan in 2023?
[table id=1448 /]
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Songs – Career
- Mohan made her Bollywood debut with Vishal–Shekhar-composed Student of the Year (2012), where she performed the soft-ballad “Ishq Wala Love”, along with Salim Merchant and Shekhar Ravjiani. She was next heard in “Jiya Re” from Jab Tak Hai Jaan which was composed by A. R. Rahman.
- Mohan appreciated that Rahman called her for recording the song since she has shown “a lot of spirits” in the shows she did with him, and the song features a girl played by Anushka Sharma enacting the song “very spunky”.
- Though “Ishq Wala Love” was released earlier, Mohan’s first recorded Hindi song was “Jiya Re”. For her work in both the songs, Mohan won the RD Burman Award for New Music Talent at the Annual Filmfare awards, and was nominated as the Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Jiya Re”.
- Besides, Mohan provided the chorus along with Natalie Di Luccio in Raghav Sachar-composed “Bittoo Sab Ki Lega” from Bittoo Boss, released the same year.
- During the year, she released her first single, titled “Ja Ja”; composed and written by Mohan, assisted by her father.
- The following year, Mohan lent her voice for Ayushmann Khurrana’s Punjabi track, “Saadi Galli Aaja”, co-composed, co-written and co-sung by Khurana.
- Mohan performed the track “Kashmir Main Tu Kanyakumari” for Vishal Shekhar composed Chennai Express, along with Sunidhi Chauhan and Arijit Singh.
- Besides, she worked with Vishal Shekhar for two other projects; Gippi and Gori Tere Pyaar Mein, where she recorded “Dil Kaagzi” for the former and “Naina” for the latter.
- Hence, she did playback for Sonam Kapoor in Raanjhanaa “Nazar Laaye”.
- Besides her career in music, Mohan has also contributed to various charities.
- In October 2014, she performed at the “Hum Hain Umeed E Kashmir” concert in Ballia, in an appeal for donation to support rehabilitation of those who suffered during the Kashmir flood.
- The same month, Mohan took part in the musical concert held in New Delhi for raising funds for the flood-affected people of Assam.
- In June 2016, she performed at Smile Foundation’s charity gala dinner, to support the cause of empowerment of underprivileged children and youth.
- In January 2017, she collaborated with United Nations on a project aimed at empowering women, ending human trafficking, and promoting gender equality. Her single “Udne De” was selected for the United Nations Voluntary Trust Fund Project titled “Music to Inspire-Artists united against Human Trafficking”.
- Does Neeti Mohan smoke?: No
- Does Neeti Mohan drink alcohol?: No
- Neeti was born into a middle-class musically enthusiast family with roots in Jaipur, Rajasthan. She, along with her sisters, had a strict and disciplined upbringing.
- In her childhood, she used to travel to Iskcon Temple in Vrindavan with her family. Watching Lord Krishna’s devotees over there playing mridangam, singing and dancing developed her interest in music.
- Neeti Mohan was a popular singer in her school and had won many prizes in school and inter-school singing competitions.
- Neeti Mohan has always been fond of her mother’s jewelry, and when she passed her 10th exams, her mother gifted her a gold pendant with her name written on it.
- In her college, Neeti Mohan used to actively participate in music, dance, dramatics, and National Cadet Corps (NCC).
- After watching the American film ‘The Sound of Music’ (1965), and repeatedly hearing A. R. Rahman‘s music in Roja (1992) and Bombay (1995), she decided to pursue a career in music. Moreover, she credits her college for shaping her career as an artist.
- Neeti Mohan received the training in singing from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, New Delhi.
- Neeti Mohan learned Hindustani classical for a decade.
- The year 2003 proved to be a turning point in her life; as she became the co-winner of ‘Channel V Popstars Season 2’ contest, which later formed a band named, Aasma.
- After joining the ‘Aasma’ band, she moved from Delhi to Mumbai and began her professional music career.
- Her father encouraged and helped her make her first single “Ja Ja,” which was released in 2012.
- The same year, she made a sensational singing debut in Bollywood; as her first two songs “Jiya Re” – Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012) and “Ishq Wala Love” – Student of the Year (2012), earned her numerous awards and accolades.
- Neeti Mohan never leaves her house without a recording bag.
- Neeti Mohan is an avid dog lover and has a beagle named Frodo. Moreover, she named him after her favourite Hobbit from the film, Lord of the Rings (2001).
- Neeti Mohan is eco-friendly and is very particular about cleanliness. Moreover, she doesn’t use plastic bottles and has a dustbin in her car.
- Neeti Mohan considers the song “Dhadaam Dhadaam” from the film ‘Bombay Velvet’ (2015); as the most difficult song of her career.
Who Is The Sister Of Neeti Mohan?
Shakti Mohan, Mukti Mohan, And Kriti Mohan
How Old Is Neeti Mohan?
Are Aparshakti And Neeti Mohan Related?
Ayushmann Khurrana Added Stardust To Singer Neeti Mohan And Nihaar Pandya’s Mehendi Ceremony, Which Took Place In Hyderabad On February 14 (Valentine’s Day). Ayushmann Was Accompanied By His Wife Tahira Kashyap And Actor Brother Aparshakti.
Where Is Neeti Mohan From?