Mithila Palkar Age, Height, Weight, Bio, Affairs, Wiki & More
Mithila Palkar (Born 11 January 1993) is an Indian actress known for the roles she played in the popular YouTube web series Girl in the City and Netflix Little Things. She rose to fame after the “cup song” inspired by Anna Kendrick‘s cup song from Pitch Perfect. Titled Hi Chal Turu Turu, Mithila’s cup song went viral on all the social media platforms. Forbes India named Mithila Palkar in their Under 30 list of young achievers in India. Mithila Palkar was born and brought up in Mumbai, India. She did her graduation in Smt. Mithibai Motiram Kundnani College of Commerce & Economics. After completing her graduation she got offers to act in advertisements that include Maggi and Zomato. Mithila Palkar Biography, Age, Height, Weight, Boyfriend, Family, Wiki & More.
After a while, Dhruv Sehgal, who met Mithila at Thespo, asked her to give an audition for Filter Copy’s new satire show on YouTube called News Darshan. She did well in that audition and also went on to do her first web series called Girl in the city for Bindass and a number of YouTube videos for Pocket Aces including a web series known as Little Things on Netflix with Dhruv Sehgal, which achieved an enormous amount of popularity.
Family, Education & More
Palkar was born into a Marathi family. She initially lived in Vasai with her parents but she and her sister later moved to live in Dadar with her maternal grandparents due to inconveniences in traveling. She comes from a family with no actors, and her grandfather initially did not approve of her decision to act. Her sister holds a Ph.D. in Neuroscience and lives in Los Angeles. Palkar first acted while in Class VII in an inter-school drama competition. She admits being a “nerd” but was always active in dramatics, dancing, and singing during her school days at IES’s Modern English School, Dadar.
She pursued science in higher secondary but chose to pursue a Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM) at MMK College, Bandra, after that to be involved with films and theatre. After graduating in 2013, Palkar gave her first audition to Quasar Padamsee of Quasar Theatre Productions (QTP). The audition did not get her the role but Quasar gave her a job backstage, managing their theatre festival, Thespo. Palkar has previously trained in Hindustani classical music (by the Marathi singer Varsha Bhave), in Kathak, and took a crash course in acting at the Stella Adler Studio of Acting in Los Angeles.
Parents Names Not Known
Siblings Brother- Not Known
Sister- 1 (Name Not Known)
Mithila Palkar Bio/Wiki
Profession(s) Actress, Singer, Youtuber
Mithila Palkar Height, Weight & More
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 160 cm
Height in meters- 1.60 m
Height in feet inches- 5’ 3”
Weight (approx.) in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
Figure Measurements (approx.) 32-24-34
Eye Colour Dark Brown
Hair Colour Black
Mithila Palkar Age, Personal Life & More
Date of Birth 10 January 1993
Age (as in 2018) 26 Years
Birthplace Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Capricorn
Hometown Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
School I. E. S. Modern English School, Mumbai
College Smt. Mithibai Motiram Kundnani College, Mumbai
Educational Qualification Bachelor of Mass Media (B.M.M.)
Hobbies Dancing, Singing, Travelling, Writing Career Debut Bollywood Film (Actress): Katti Batti (2015)
Marathi Film (Actress/Singer): Muramba (2017)
Hindi Web series (Anchor): News Darshan (2015)
• WBR Iconic Achiever’s Award for Most Promising Actor of the Year
• 4th Jio Filmfare Award Marathi for Best Debut (Female) for her performance in the film, Muramba (2017).
Mithila Palkar Boyfriends, Affairs and More
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends Not Known
Favourite Dessert Cupcakes
Favourite Actor Ranbir Kapoor
Favourite Actress Priyanka Chopra
Favourite Singer Anna Kendrick
Favourite Lyricist Swanand Kirkire
Favourite Make-up Brand(s) Lakme, Kryolan
Favourite Colour Pink
Favourite Book(s) Terribly Tiny Tales by Penguin Books India, Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi
Favourite Festival Diwali
She started off her career by doing a Marathi short film titled Majha Honeymoon in the year 2014. In 2015, she made her silver screen debut through the film titled Katti Batti. She played a supporting role in this film but got noticed. A couple of years later, she made her Marathi film debut through the film titled Muramba. She came to limelight after her portrayal of brat teenaged girls in the much-acclaimed film Karwaan in 2018. She was then seen in Netflix film Chopsticks alongside veteran actor Abhay Deol.
In addition to films, she has been a part of some television series and web series as well. She has been highly praised for her performance in the Netflix series Litte Things on Netflix. She has been a part of the series in all its 3 installments. Her chemistry with actor Dhruv Sehgal has been highly acclaimed. She will be next seen in Bollywood film Tribhanga.
Some Known Facts About Mithila Palkar
- Does Mithila Palkar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mithila Palkar drink alcohol?: Yes
- Mithila Palkar belongs to a conservative Marathi Family.
- She has been living with her maternal grandparents since her school days.
- While she was in school, she was part of the school’s theatre group and went on stage for the first time at the age of 12.
- In 2012, during his second year of college, she joined the Q Theatre Productions and was part of its youth theatre movement, Thespo as a volunteer.
- In 2013, she started working as a Festival Manager at Thespo, which gave her the chance to interact with everyone (from directors to actors).
- At one of the festivals, Mithila met Dhruv Sehgal, who suggested her name to FilterCopy to anchor a YouTube’s satire show ‘News Darshan’ which was based on an American TV show ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.’
- Though she wanted to start her career with Marathi theatre, she gave her first professional audition for an English play.
- She has done several theatres plays like Tunni Ki Kahani, Aaj Rang Hai, etc.
- Mithila Palkar is a trained Kathak dancer.
- She made her Bollywood debut in 2015 by playing the role of Koyal Kabra in the film, Katti Batti.
- Before making her Bollywood debut, Mithila Palkar did a short Marathi film ‘Majha Honeymoon’ (2014), in which she played the role of Rujuta.
- She received huge fame with the Bindass’ web series ‘Girl In The City’ as Meera Sehgal and Netflix’s web series ‘Little Things’ as Kavya Kulkarni.
- In January 2016, she, along with Dhruv Sehgal, appeared in FilterCopy’s Youtube videos, ‘Annoying Things Boyfriends Do’ and ‘Confusing Things Girlfriends Say.’ These videos went viral with more than 7 million views.
- Mithila never took proper training in singing but, she learned a bit of singing in her childhood.
- In 2016, she recorded a Marathi song “Hi Chaal Turu Turu,” in which she used a cup as an instrument, was inspired by Anna Kendrick’s cup song and published it on her YouTube channel, Mithila Palkar. She drew huge attention over social media through that video.
- Her first song “Maharashtra Desha” was released on YouTube on the occasion of Maharashtra Day, in association with Bharatiya Digital Party (BhaDiPa).
- In 2017, Mithila Palkar, along with singer, Jasraj Jayant Joshi sang the title song of Marathi film, Muramba. She also played the lead role of Indu in that film.
- In June 2017, she gave her first TEDx Talk at NIT Silchar, Assam, in which she discusses following your passion and learning along the way.
- In February 2018, she was named in Forbes India 30 Under 30 list of young achievers.
Is Mithila Palkar Dating?
Not Thought Of Dating Each Other: Mithila Palkar On Dhruv. New Delhi: Mithila Palkar And Actor-writer Dhruv Sehgal’s On-screen Chemistry Is Loved By Many, But The Actress Says Dating Each Other Was Never On Their Minds.
Is Mithila Palkar Married?
As Of 2019, Her Age Is Around 26 Years. Marriage & Wedding / Husband / Marriage / Boyfriend Currently Not Married. Personal Life: One Of The Popular Marathi Youtubers From Mumbai, Mithila Palkar Became Famous For Her Song ‘Hi Chal Turu Turu’ Where She Played It On The Cups.
What Is The Age Of Mithila Palkar?
26 Years (January 12, 1993)
What Is The Height Of Mithila Palkar?
Why Is Mithila Famous?
Mithila Palkar. Mithila Palkar Is An Indian Actress Known For Her Characters In The Tv Series Girl In The City And Netflix Little Things on Netflix. Mithila Made Her Acting Debut In The Year 2014 Through A Short Film Majha Honeymoon, Which Was Showcased In The 16Th Mumbai Film Festival.