Michelle Williams is an Oscar-nominated American actress recognized for her characters in movies such as ‘Brokeback Mountain’, ‘Blue Valentine’, ‘Shutter Island’ and ‘My Week with Marilyn’. Her career began at a young age with guest roles in various TV shows. She first earned attention for her performance in ‘Dawson’s Creek’ a teen drama series. She also earned recognition for her performance in the romantic drama movie ‘Brokeback Mountain’. Directed by Ang Lee, the film did well commercially and made Williams her first nomination for the Academy Award.
She next appeared in lead performances in movies such as ‘Wendy and Lucy’ after which she acted alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in the affective thriller ‘Shutter Island’. By choosing to play troubled women with psychological issues in many of her films, the actress has received critical acclaim for her unconventional choice of characters. In her career so far, she has won numerous awards and nominations which include four Oscar nominations, four BAFTA nominations, as well as five Golden Globe nominations, out of which she had won one.
Michelle Williams Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Michelle Ingrid Williams|
|Age||(as in 2020) 40 Years|
|Religion||She was raised, Christian. What religion she follows now is not known.|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Birth Place||Kalispell, Montana U.S.|
|Date of Birth||09 September 1980|
|Home Town||Kalispell, Montana U.S.|
|Mother's Name||Carla Ingrid (née Swenson) (Homemaker)|
|Father's Name||Larry Richard Williams (Author and Commodity Trader)|
|Brother||Jason Williams (Older Half-Brother)|
|Sister||• Paige Williams (Younger)|
• Kelley Williams (Older Half-Sister)
• Sara Williams (Older Half-Sister)
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Conor Oberst (1999-2001)|
• Andy Herod (2002-2004)
• Bobby Cannavale (2003-2004)
• Heath Ledger (2004-2007)
• Spike Jonze (2008-2009)
• Cary Joji Fukunaga (2011)
• Jason Segel (2012-2013)
• Dustin Yellin (2013-2014)
• Jonathan Safran Foer (2015-2016)
• Andrew Youmans (2017-2018)
• Phil Elverum (2018-2019)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||• Phil Elverum|
• Thomas Kail
|Marriage Date||• March 2020 (Thomas Kail)|
• July 2018 (Phil Elverum)
Daughter- Matilda Ledger
|School||Upper School of Santa Fe Christian Schools, California|
|Profession||Actress, film producer|
|Brands Endorsed||• Swan’s Crossings|
• “Boy” by Band of Outsiders (2008, 2012)
• Louis Vuitton Handbags (2013, 2014)
• Louis Vuitton Jewellery (2014)
|Career Manager||• William Morris Endeavor Entertainment|
• The Gersh Agency, Inc.
• Creative Artists Agency
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’4”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 54 kg|
in pounds- 119 lbs
|Breast Size||33 Inches|
|Hips Size||34 Inches|
|Waist Size||24 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||4 (US) or 36 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)|
|Favorite Actress||Katharine Hepburn|
|Favorite Novel||Ada or Ardor: A Family Chronicle by Vladimir Nabokov|
Michelle Ingrid Williams was born in Kalispell, Montana, to Carla, a homemaker, and Larry R. Williams, an author and commodities trader. She is of Norwegian descent. Her father twice ran unsuccessfully for the United States Senate as a Republican Party nominee.
In Kalispell, Williams continued with her three paternal half-siblings and her younger sister, Paige. Although she has described her family as “not terribly closely-knit”, she gave a close bond with her father, who taught her to fish and shoot, and helped her to become a keen reader.
Williams has described fond memories of developing up in the vast landscape of Montana. When she was nine, the family moved to San Diego, California. She has told of the experience, “It was less happy apparently by virtue of it being my preteen years, which are perhaps offensive wherever you go.” She often kept to herself and was self-reliant.
Williams became fascinated by acting at an early age when she saw a local production of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. She worked in an amateur production of the musical Annie, and her parents would send her from San Diego to Los Angeles to audition for roles.
Her first screen debut was as Bridget Bowers, a young woman who s*duces Mitch Buchannon’s son, Hobie, in a 1993 episode of the television series Baywatch. The next year, she made her film debut in the family movie Lassie, about the bond between a young boy (played by Tom Guiry) and the titular dog.
Williams played the love interest of Guiry’s character, which led Steven Gaydos of Variety to take note of her “winning perf”. She next took on guest roles in the television sitcoms Step by Step and Home Improvement and emerged as the child form of Sil, an alien performed in adulthood by actress Natasha Henstridge, in the 1995 science fiction film Species.
By 1995, Williams had finished ninth grade at Santa Fe Christian Schools in San Diego. She disliked going there as she did not get along well with other students. To concentrate on her acting pursuits, she left the school and registered for in-home tutoring.
At age 15, with her parents’ approval, Williams registered for freedom from them, so she could better attempt her acting career with less resistance from child labor work laws. To comply with the freedom guidelines, she finished her high school education in nine months through correspondence. She later regretted not getting a proper education.
Michelle Williams Net Worth
Michelle Williams has a net worth of $30 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$30 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, film producer|
In January 2020, Michelle and Thomas went into a Brooklyn home he bought through a trust. The $10.8 million townhouses are in Brooklyn Heights. It was one of the most valuable purchases in the neighborhood’s history. Michelle is a former Brooklyn homeowner. In 2015 she sold her longtime townhouse for $8.8 million. She still maintains another home in Brooklyn which was bought in 2015 for $2.5 million.
Heath Ledger’s Death And Estate
Difficulties arose in Williams’ personal life when she and Ledger broke in the fall of 2007. Ledger died tragically in 2008 of a prescription drug overdose, and the grieving Williams had to deal with both her personal mourning for the father of her child and the invasion of the paparazzi into her life.
Immediately succeeding his death, it was thought that Heath’s most recent will was signed before his relationship with Michelle and before the birth of their daughter. This briefly caused some controversy over who was the legal heir to his estate. His estate as the time of his death was worth about $16 million.
That number was expected to grow to as much as $20 million when real estate and an upcoming portion of profits from “The Dark Knight” were included. As such, for a time Heath’s family assumed the estate should actually have been shared between his parents and three siblings, with Michelle and Matilda receiving nothing.
Michelle Williams Movies And TV Shows – Career
- Michelle Williams made her film debut with a supporting character in the 1994 film ‘Lassie’. It was directed by Daniel Petre. She went on to appear in movies, such as ‘Timemaster’, (1995) ‘Species’ (1995), ‘A Thousand Acres’ (1997), and ‘Perfume’ (2001).
- She started gaining fame after her performance in the TV series ‘Dawson’s Creek’ which aired from 1998 to 2003.
- She next appeared in movies such as ‘Land of Plenty’ and ‘Imaginary Friends’.
- In 2005, she entered the peak of her career after she played a supporting character in the film ‘Brokeback Mountain’. The film received critical acclaim and was also a huge success commercially. Directed by Ang Lee, the film was nominated for eight Oscars, winning three. It also earned Williams her first Oscar nomination in the category of ‘Best Actress’.
- After performing in movies such as ‘I’m Not There’ (2007) and ‘Mammoth’ (2009), she received her second Oscar nomination for her role in the romantic drama film ‘Blue Valentine’ in 2010. Directed by Derek Cianfrance, the movie was a commercial success.
- She worked with Leonardo DiCaprio in the psychological thriller ‘Shutter Island’ in 2010. The film was a tremendous success commercially. Although the film didn’t receive any significant awards, it is still regarded as one of the best psychological thriller movies ever.
- In 2011, Williams depicted Marilyn Monroe in the drama film ‘My Week with Marilyn.’ Directed by Simon Curtis, the film was about the making of the 1957 film ‘The Prince and the Showgirl’. The film did well commercially and was met with positive reviews. It won Williams her third Oscar nomination in the ‘Best Actress’ category. She also got the Golden Globe in the same category.
- Her next important role on the big screen was in the 2013 film ‘Oz the Great and the Powerful’. Directed by Sam Raimi, the movie was a commercial success. The critical reception was mixed. It won multiple awards as well. She earned her fourth Oscar nomination for her role in ‘Manchester by the Sea,’ where she starred alongside Casey Affleck. The film was a commercial success and earned multiple Oscar nominations.
- In 2017, she performed one of the main roles in the musical film ‘The Greatest Showman’, which was directed by Michael Gracey. The movie was a huge success commercially, earning more than $433 million on an $84 million budget.
- The same year, she performed the lead character in the crime thriller ‘All the Money in the World’. The film wasn’t an enormous commercial success though it was met with positive reviews and received multiple Oscar nominations.
- Her on-stage roles include her appearances in the revivals of ‘Cabaret’ in 2014 and ‘Blackbird’ in 2016. She earned a Tony Award nomination for the latter.
- Her most recent work on the big screen was her performance in the 2018 comedy film ‘I Feel Pretty’. The film was a commercial success and earned mixed reviews.
|1997||A Thousand Acres|
|1998||Halloween H20: 20 Years Later|
But I'm a Cheerleader
Me Without You
|2003||The United States of Leland|
The Station Agent
|2004||Land of Plenty|
A Hole in One
|2006||The Hawk Is Dying|
The Hottest State
|2007||I'm Not There|
Synecdoche, New York
Wendy and Lucy
|2011||My Week with Marilyn|
Take This Waltz
|2013||Oz the Great and Powerful|
|2016||Manchester by the Sea|
The Greatest Showman
All the Money in the World
|2018||I Feel Pretty |
|2019||After the Wedding|
|2021||Venom: Let There Be Carnage|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1994||Step by Step|
|1996||My Son Is Innocent|
|1997||Killing Mr. Griffin|
|2000||If These Walls Could Talk 2|
Facts About Michelle Williams
- Michelle’s dad was a 2-time Republican competitor for the United States Senate.
- Michelle has a dog called lucky.
- As a kid, she was self-adequate and was reserved with her parents.
- At the age of 9, she relocated with her family to San Diego, California from rural Kalispell, Montana.
- She began taking interest in acting after viewing the musical The Adventures of Tom Sawyer at a young age.
- Her dad being a stock trader, she also examined her luck in that in 1997 when she played in the Robbins World Cup Championship of Futures Trading. She successfully converted $10,000 to $100,000.
- Michelle suffered intense bullying in ninth grade.
- Michelle loves to read books in her free time.
- She rightfully got liberation from her parents at 15. This also made her free from child labor work laws.
- Michelle was also the managing producer of Blue Valentine (2010). She also worked in the film.
- Michelle once wrote a script named “Don’t Blink.” She sold it but no film/ TV show was made out of it.
- Actors Jake Gyllenhaal and Busy Philipps are the godparents of Michelle’s daughter Matilda.
- During the filming of Prozac Nation (2001), she and Christina Ricci received the same room.
- She is not on social media.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How did Michelle Williams get an Oscar nomination for Manchester by the Sea when she is hardly in it for 10 minutes?”]It has happened before, and quite frequently. They might not be the lead but they leave an impression. Short roles have even won. Beatrice Straight won for her 5 min, two scenes short role in Network. Judi Dench won for her 8 min short role in Shakespeare in Love. As for nominations we have Viola Davis who got her first nomination for a short but memorable scene in Doubt. Sylvia Miles got nominated for a very brief scene in Midnight Cowboy. Michelle Williams would join that exclusive club of short but memorable performances.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Who is Michelle Williams’s best friend?”]Actresses Michelle Williams and Busy Philipps first met filming Dawson’s Creek, and have stayed close ever since. The duo has been inseparable on the red carpet since 2006—save for the 2018 Golden Globe Awards, where Williams brought Tarana Burke, the founder of the #MeToo movement, as her plus one for the event.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Are Michelle Williams and Katie Holmes friends?”]Katie and Michelle Williams (now her real-life best friend) didn’t seem very close. ‘On set, it was clear that Katie was the star,’ Busy reveals. She adds that when she would have trouble with her lines the director would say, ‘Don’t worry if you can’t get it.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Was Michelle Williams only paid $800 for the reshoots of All the Money in the World while Mark Wahlberg was paid $2M?”]Michelle Williams agreed to do the reshoots for the union minimum of $80/day (10 days total). Mark Wahlberg had a co-star clause in his contract allowing him to veto any co-star of the film. This gave him leverage to ask for additional money for the reshoots when they recast Kevin Spacey’s role. The thing that makes the whole thing extra-shady is that Michelle Williams and Mark Wahlberg are both represented by the William Morris Endeavor agency and pay their agents 10%-15% of their salaries to advocate for them in these negotiations. Looks like negative treatment of women in Hollywood spreads beyond s*xual misconduct.[/wps_faq]