Michael Keaton Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Wiki & More
Michael Keaton (born September 5, 1951), known professionally as Michael John Douglas, is an American actor(Batman), producer, and director. He first rose to fame for his roles on the CBS sitcoms All’s Fair and The Mary Tyler Moore Hour and his comedic film roles in Night Shift (1982), Mr. Mom (1983), Johnny Dangerously (1984), and Beetlejuice (1988). He earned further acclaim for his dramatic portrayal of the title character in Tim Burton’s Batman (1989) and Batman Returns (1992). He is also known for playing Adrian Toomes/The Vulture in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, beginning with Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) and in the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019).
Since then, Michael Keaton has appeared in a variety of films ranging from dramas and romantic comedies to thriller and action films, such as Clean and Sober (1988), The Dream Team (1989), Pacific Heights (1990), Much Ado About Nothing (1993), My Life (1993), The Paper (1994), Multiplicity (1996), Jackie Brown (1997), Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005), The Other Guys (2010), Robocop (2014), Need for Speed (2014), Spotlight (2015), The Founder (2016), and has also provided voices for characters in animated films such as Cars (2006), Toy Story 3 (2010), and Minions (2015).
Family, Education & More
Michael Keaton /Michael John Douglas, the youngest of seven children, was born at Ohio Valley Hospital in Kennedy Township, Pennsylvania, on September 5, 1951. He was raised between Coraopolis and Forest Grove, Pennsylvania.
His father, George A. Douglas, worked as a civil engineer and surveyor, and his mother, Leona Elizabeth (née Loftus), a homemaker, came from McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania. Keaton was raised in a Roman Catholic family and is of half Irish descent through his mother. His father was of English, German, Scottish and Scotch-Irish ancestry, and was originally from a Protestant family. Michael Keaton attended Montour High School in Robinson Township, Pennsylvania, and studied speech for two years at Kent State University, where he appeared in plays and returning to Pennsylvania to pursue his career.
Father – George A. Douglas (Civil Engineer and Surveyor)
Mother – Leona Elizabeth Douglas (Homemaker)
Siblings – Robert J. Douglas (Older Brother), Paul J. Douglas (Older Brother), George A. Douglas Jr. (Older Brother), Diane M. Douglas (Older Sister), Pamela M. Douglas (Older Sister), Joyce A. Douglas (Older Sister)
Others – George W. Douglass (Paternal Grandfather), Ella Sarah Matchett (Paternal Grandmother), John Henry Loftus (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Elizabeth May (Maternal Grandmother)
Michael Keaton Bio/Wiki
Born Name Michael John Douglas
Nick Name Michael Keaton, Keats, Dougie
Occupation Actor, Producer, Director
Michael Keaton Height, Weight & More
Michael Keaton’s Height in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 8″
Weight in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 158.73 lbs
Face Shape Oval
Eye Colour Brown Eyes
Nose Type Perfect
Hair Colour Medium Brown
Hair Length Medium Length
Michael Keaton Age, Personal Life & More
Keaton was married to Caroline McWilliams from 1982 to 1990. They had one son, Sean, in 1983. He had a relationship with actress Courteney Cox from 1989 to 1995. Keaton, a longtime Pittsburgh resident, and fan of its sports teams negotiated a break in his Batman movie contract in case the Pittsburgh Pirates made the playoffs that year, although they ultimately did not. He also wrote an ESPN blog on the Pirates during the final months of their 2013 season. In the 1980s, Keaton bought a ranch near Big Timber, Montana, where he spends much of his time. An avid fisherman, he is often seen on the saltwater fishing series Buccaneers & Bones on Outdoor Channel, along with Tom Brokaw, Zach Gilford, Thomas McGuane and Yvon Chouinard, among others. Keaton endorsed Hillary Clinton for President in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. In 2019, he appeared in a PETA ad campaign, asking tourists not to visit operations that exploit animals, such as roadside zoos which sometimes offer the opportunity to get selfies with wild animals.
Nationality United States
Profession Television Actor, Film Director, Film Producer, Comedian, Voice Artist
Origin United States
Michael Keaton Age (Current) 68 years 3 months 7 days old
Date Of Birth (DOB) Wednesday, September 05, 1951 (M/D/Y)
Birthplace Coraopolis, Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Zodiac Sign Virgo
Star Sign (Nakshatra)
Nature Openness to Experience
Character Ambiguous characters
Community Not Known
Mother Tongue English
Languages Known English
Address, Native, Hometown, Current City
Native / Origin United States
Home Town Coraopolis, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States.
Michael Keaton’s Current City Coraopolis, Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Address Not Known
School Not Known
College Not Known
Michael Keaton’s Qualification Not Known
Michael Keaton Girlfriends, Affairs and More
Michael Keaton has dated –
- Caroline McWilliams (1982-1990) – In 1982, Michael started going out with actress Caroline McWilliams. They had been dating for quite some time and eventually got married. In 1983, she gave birth to their son, Sean Douglas, who is an accomplished musician, songwriter, and music producer. However, they decided to end their marriage in 1990.
- Rachel Ryan (1988) – Keaton was reported to have had an affair with the p*rnographic actress, Rachel Ryan, in 1988. It was claimed that they had grown close while shooting for the movie, Clean and Sober, in which she was cast in a minor role and he was cast in the leading role.
- Michelle Pfeiffer (1988-1989) – In 1988, he started dating actress Michelle Pfeiffer. After actress Sean Young broke her collarbone while shooting for a horseriding scene in the action movie, Batman, Tim Burton suggested that they should replace her with Michelle Pfeiffer for the role of Vicki Vale in the movie. However, Keaton felt that it would be too awkward and they eventually cast Kim Basinger in the role.
- Courteney Cox (1989-1995) – In 1989, Keaton got into a relationship with actress, Courteney Cox. They dated for about 6 years before parting ways in the summer of 1995.
- Audra Lynn (2003) – In the summer of 2003, Keaton was reported to be dating Audra Lynn who competed as a horse rider. They had met at an event organized by Spike TV. He heard her talking about horses and decided to approach her. They dated for a couple of months.
Favourite Actor Not Known
Favourite Actresses Not Known
Favourite Film(s) Not Known
Favourite Director(s) Not Known
Favourite Food Not Known
Favourite Drink Not Known
Favourite Fruit Salal berry, Lime (Lemon)
Preferred Outfit Not Known
Preferred Perfume Not Known
Favourite Destination(s) Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur
Michael Keaton’s Favourite Colour Pale gold, Deep jungle green
Favourite Musician Not Known
Favourite Singer(s) Not Known
Favourite Song(s) Not Known
Favourite Sport(s) Lacrosse
Year Title Role Notes
1978 Rabbit Test Sailor
A Different Approach Filmmaker Short film Michael Keaton
1982 Night Shift Bill Blazejowski
1983 Mr. Mom Jack Butler
1984 Johnny Dangerously Johnny Kelly / Johnny Dangerously Michael Keaton
1986 Gung Ho Hunt Stevenson
Touch and Go Robert “Bobby” Barbato
1987 The Squeeze Harold “Harry” Berg
1988 She’s Having a Baby Himself Uncredited cameo
Beetlejuice Betelgeuse National Society of Film Critics Awards for Best Actor
Nominated – Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor Michael Keaton
Clean and Sober Daryl Poynter
1989 The Dream Team William “Billy” Caufield Michael Keaton
Batman Bruce Wayne / Batman
1990 Pacific Heights Carter Hayes / James Danforth Michael Keaton
1991 One Good Cop Arthur “Artie” Lewis
1992 Batman Returns Bruce Wayne / Batman Nominated – MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss
1993 Much Ado About Nothing Dogberry
My Life Robert “Bob” Jones
1994 The Paper Henry Hackett
Speechless Kevin Vallick
1996 Multiplicity Doug Kinney
1997 Inventing the Abbotts Narrator / Older Doug Uncredited
Jackie Brown Raymond “Ray” Nicolette
1998 Desperate Measures Peter J. McCabe
Out of Sight Raymond “Ray” Nicolette Uncredited
Jack Frost Jack Frost
1999 Body Shots N/A Executive producer
2002 A Shot at Glory Peter Cameron
2004 Quicksand Martin Raikes
First Daughter President Mackenzie
2005 White Noise Jonathan Rivers
Porco Rosso Porco Rosso English dub
Herbie: Fully Loaded Raymond “Ray” Peyton, Sr.
2006 Game 6 Nicholas “Nicky” Rogan
Cars Chick Hicks Voice
2007 The Last Time Ted Riker Also executive producer
2009 The Merry Gentleman Franklin “Frank” Logan Also director
Post Grad Walter Malby
2010 Toy Story 3 Ken Voice
The Other Guys Captain Gene Mauch
2011 Hawaiian Vacation Ken Voice
2012 Noah’s Ark: The New Beginning Noah Voice
2014 Blindsided Hollander Also executive producer
RoboCop Raymond Sellars
Need for Speed Monarch Michael Keaton
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) Riggan Thomson AACTA International Award for Best Actor
Alliance of Women Film Journalists Award for Best Actor
Boston Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actor Michael Keaton
Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Actor
Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Actor in a Comedy
Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Acting Ensemble
Dallas-Fort Worth Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor
Detroit Film Critics Society Award for Best Actor
Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor
Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy
Gold Derby Award for Best Actor
Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Actor
Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead
International Online Film Critics’ Poll Award for Best Actor
London Film Critics’ Circle Award for Actor of the Year
National Board of Review Award for Best Actor
Satellite Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture
San Francisco Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor
Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor
Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award for Best Ensemble
Nominated Academy Award for Best Actor Michael Keaton
Nominated BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role
Nominated Houston Film Critics Society Award for Best Actor
Nominated Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor
Nominated Saturn Award for Best Actor
Nominated San Diego Film Critics Society Award for Best Actor
Nominated Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
Nominated St. Louis Gateway Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor
Nominated Vancouver Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor
Nominated MTV Movie Award for Best Fight (with Edward Norton)
2015 Minions Walter Nelson Voice
Spotlight Walter “Robby” Robinson New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor
Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
2016 The Founder Ray Kroc Capri Hollywood International Film Festival Award for Best Actor
Nominated AARP Movies for Grownups Award for Best Actor
2017 Spider-Man: Homecoming Adrian Toomes / Vulture Nominated Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor
American Assassin Stan Hurley
2019 Dumbo V.A. Vandemere
2020 Worth Kenneth Feinberg Post-production
The Trial of the Chicago 7 Ramsey Clark Filming Michael Keato
Year Title Role Notes
1975 Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood Volunteer Episode #1435
1976–1977 All’s Fair Lannie Wolf 5 episodes
1977 Klein Time Various characters Television film
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman The Robber Episode: “2.90”
Maude Chip Winston Episode: “Arthur’s Crisis”
1978 The Tony Randall Show Zeke 2 episodes
Mary Various characters 3 episodes
Family Tree salesman Episode: “Gifts”
1979 Working Stiffs Mike O’Rourke 9 episodes
The Mary Tyler Moore Hour Kenneth Christy 11 episodes
1982 Report to Murphy Murphy 6 episodes
Kraft Salutes Walt Disney World’s 10th Anniversary Kevin Television special
2015 Saturday Night Live Himself (host) 3 episodes
1990 The Earth Day Special Charles McIntyre Television special
2001 The Simpsons Jack Crowley (voice) Episode: “Pokey Mom”
2002 Frasier Blaine Sternin Episode: “Wheels of Fortune”
Live from Baghdad Robert Wiener Television film
2003 King of the Hill Trip Larsen (voice) Episode: “Pigmalion”
Gary the Rat Jerry Andrews (voice) Episode: “Catch Me If You Can”
2004 Fred Rogers: America’s Favorite Neighbor Himself (host) Television special
2007 The Company James Angleton 3 episodes
2011 30 Rock Tom Episode: “100”
2013 Clear History Joe Stumpo Television film
2019 Documentary Now! Bill Doss Episode: “Batsh*t Valley”
Saturday Night Live Julian Assange Episode: “Emma Stone/BTS”
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Richard Sackler Episode: “Opioids II”
Crisis on Infinite Earths Bruce Wayne / Batman Photograph
Michael Keaton Video games
Year Title Voice role
2006 Cars Chick Hicks
2009 Cars Race-O-Rama
2012 Call of Duty: Black Ops II Jason Hudson
Some Known Facts About Michael Keaton
- When he started his acting career, he decided to use ‘Michael Keaton’ as his work name as there were already 2 actors registered with his birth name.
- While trying to build his stand-up comedy career, he used to work as an ice cream truck driver and cab driver. Later, he also worked as a TV cameraman at WQED.
- Michael Keaton was a member of the Flying Zookeeni Brothers comedy troupe which later led him to join Chicago’s popular Second City improvisational group.
- Michael Keaton had to take a brief leave from Twitter after he made a joke about Anthony Weiner who was a former U.S. Congressman and was married to Hillary Clinton‘s close aide Huma Abedin.
- In recognition of his services to acting and cinema, he was made Officer of Order of Arts and Letters by French culture minister Fleur Pellerin in January 2016.
- When Tim Burton decided to cast him in the role of Batman, there was a lot of backlash and anger against Burton’s decision. The studio had to release an advance trailer to show that Keaton can do a good job as Batman.
- He was offered the role of either Peter Venkman or Egon Spengler in the action-comedy, Ghostbusters. However, he decided to reject both roles.
- Michael Keaton is a registered Democrat and endorsed Barack Obama‘s re-election bid in 2012. He also endorsed Bernie Sanders for the Democratic nomination in 2016.
- When he was 21 years old, he worked on a Navajo reservation in New Mexico.
- He was under consideration for multiple roles such as Vincent Vega (played by John Travolta), Mr. Wolf (played by Harvey Keitel), and Lance (played by Eric Stoltz) in the iconic movie, Pulp Fiction.
- He had been cast in the role of Sean Devine in the thriller drama movie, Mystic River. He had even filmed some of the scenes but then he clashed with the movie director, Clint Eastwood, over creative inputs and decided to leave the project.
- He got his first big breakthrough with his starring role in the comedy movie, Night Shift. His work in the movie helped him bag various roles in hit comedy movies such as Mr. Mom, Johnny Dangerously, and Gung Ho.
- He earned widespread critical acclaim for his work in the horror-comedy movie, Beetlejuice. Interestingly, he had originally rejected the role but later changed his decision.
- He is such a big Pittsburgh Pirates fan that he had negotiated a clause in his contract for Tim Burton’s Batman that would allow him to take a break from shooting in case the Pirates made to the playoffs.
- According to reports, he was approached by Warner Bros. to again portray the famous superhero in Batman Forever. However, he decided to turn down the role even after he was offered $15 million for it.
How Much Is Michael Keaton Worth?
Michael Keaton’s Net Worth: Michael Keaton Is An American Actor Who Has A Net Worth Of $15 Million. Michael Keaton Earned His Net Worth By Acting In Many Major Films Over The Last 30 Years. He Is Probably Most Famous For Playing The Role Of Batman. Keaton Was Born In Coraopolis Pennsylvania On September 5Th, 1951.
Is Michael Keaton Related To Diane Keaton?
She Is Not Related To Michael Keaton, As Her Birth Name Is Diane Hall. She Changed Her Last Name To Her Mother’s Maiden Name As A Result Of A Diane Hall Already Being In The Actors Guild. Woody Allen Said Of Her, “In Real Life, Keaton Believes In God.
Where Is Keaton?
Born Michael John Douglas On September 5, 1951, In Mckees Rocks, Pennsylvania At Ohio Valley Hospital, Keaton Grew Up In The Forest Grove Area Of The Township Of Robinson As The Youngest Of Seven Children.
How Old Is Michael Keaton?
68 Years (5 September 1951)
Why Did Keaton Disappear?
In 1991, Keaton Continued To Try Out Dramatic Roles In One Good Cop Opposite Rene Russo. Keaton Played A Cop (A Good One) Whose Partner Is Killed In The Line Of Duty. When Keaton Tries To Adopt His Late Partner’s Daughter, He Is Denied Because His Apartment Is Too Small And The Child Has Special Needs As A Diabetic.