Gary Oldman is one of the most prosperous English screen and stage artists, filmmakers, and musicians in the world now. Not only has he created a corner for himself in Hollywood as one of the ‘most talented’ actors, but he has also developed a cultism following because of his fashionable good looks and his talent. Completely his film career, he has served together with a number of top Hollywood filmmakers such as Christopher Nolan, Francis Ford Coppola, Ridley Scott, and Quentin Tarantino, to mention a few.
He is famously known for his performances in films like Bram Stoker’s ‘Dracula’, ‘Air Force One’, ‘State of Grace’, ‘Meantime’, ‘Lawless’, the ‘Harry Potter’ series and the ‘Batman’ trilogy. A qualified actor, he is a ‘Royal Court Theatre’ alumnus and has also worked with the ‘Royal Shakespeare Company’. He has been lauded for his conventional performing style and multiplicity, and has been recognized by outstanding film critics as one of ‘Hollywood’s most prominent actors’.
Gary Oldman Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Gary Leonard Oldman|
|Age||(as in 2023) 65 Years|
|Religion||Believes in Personal Spirituality|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||New Cross, London, England|
|Date of Birth||21 March 1958|
|Residence||Los Angeles, United States|
|Home Town||New Cross, London, England|
|Mother’s Name||Kathleen (Cheriton) (Homemaker)|
|Father’s Name||Leonard Bertram Oldman (Sailor and Welder)|
|Sister||Laila Morse (Older) (Actress)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Cyrinda Foxe|
• Lesley Manville (1986-1990)
• Uma Thurman (1989-1992)
• Winona Ryder (1992)
• Isabella Rossellini (1994-1996)
• Donya Fiorentino (1997-2001)
• Jayne Middlemiss (2001)
• Ailsa Marshall (2002-2005)
• Alexandra Edenborough (2007-2015)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||• Lesley Manville |
• Uma Thurman
• Donya Fiorentino
• Alexandra Edenborough
• Gisele Schmidt
|Marriage Date||• August 2017 (Gisele Schmidt) |
• December 31, 2008 (Alexandra Edenborough)
• February 16, 1997 (Donya Fiorentino)
• October 1, 1990 (Uma Thurman)
• 1987 (Lesley Manville)
Son- • Alfie Oldman
• Gulliver Flynn Oldman
• Charlie John Oldman
|School||West Greenwich School in Deptford|
|College/University||Rose Bruford College, Sidcup, South East London|
|Profession||Actor, filmmaker, musician|
|Brands Endorsed||• Print ads for H&M Clothing (1998) and DKNY (2000)|
• ‘One2One’ (2001)
• ‘Barclays Bank’ with David Sutherland
• ‘Nokia N93’ (2006)
• ‘ITV Football’ (2008)
• “Blah, blah, blah” for ‘HTC One smartphone’ (2014)
|Career Manager||Douglas Management Group, Inc|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 174 cm|
in meters- 1.74 m
in feet inches- 5’9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg|
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Chest Size||40 Inches|
|Biceps Size||13 Inches|
|Waist Size||32 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
|Favorite Musical Instrument||Piano|
|Favorite Music||James Brown, David Bowie, and Chopin|
|Favorite Meal||Old-fashioned eggs with bacon, bread with cheese and pickle|
|Favorite Books||Essays on Bertolt Brecht, Poetry by Roger McGough, A biography of Montgomery Clift, The Elizabethan World Picture, all creations by William Shakespeare and Jane Austen.|
|Favorite Movies||Apocalypse Now (1979), The Conversation (1974), The Godfather: Part II (1974), Badlands (1973), and Ratcatcher (1999)|
|Favorite Director||Francis Ford Coppola|
|Favorite Place||New York|
Gary Leonard Oldman was born in New Cross, London, on 21 March 1958, the son of Leonard Bertram Oldman (1921–1985), a former midshipman who also served as a welder, and Kathleen. He has said that his father was a drunkard who abandoned the family when Oldman was seven years old.
His older sister, Maureen, is an actress better identified as Laila Morse, she would go on to have a character in Oldman’s directorial introduction Nil by Mouth (1997), before getting on her most important role of Mo Harris in the BBC soap opera EastEnders. Oldman joined West Greenwich School in Deptford, dropping at the age of 16 to work in a sports shop.
He was a musician as a child but gave up his musical ambitions to seek an acting career after seeing Malcolm McDowell’s appearance in the film The Raging Moon (1971). In a 1995 conversation with Charlie Rose, he replied, “Something about Malcolm just arrested me, and I joined, and I replied, ‘I wanna do that.
Raising up in south London, Oldman supported his town football club, Millwall, but also supported Manchester United because he admired George Best.
In 2011, he got from his mother that his father represented Millwall after World War II: “Just after the war, ran a boarding house for football players, Millwall players. And I remembered that my dad was connected somehow with the reserve team. But two weeks ago my mom answered, ‘Oh yeah, your dad performed for Millwall. When he was young he had a couple of first-team games.
Gary Oldman Net Worth
Gary Oldman has a net worth of $50 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$50 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$40 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actor, filmmaker, musician|
Gary Oldman Movies And TV Shows
- He grew a hit with the audiences in Glasgow during the 1980s. He was perceived in plays like ‘Massacre at Paris’, ‘Desperado Corner’, ‘A Waste of Time’ and ‘Chincilla’.
- In 1982, he began his film appearance in ‘Remembrance’, a film by Colin Gregg.
- The next year, he arrived a character in ‘Meantime’.
- He then went on to star in ‘Saved’, which showed to be a major breakthrough for the actor.
- He was cast in the lead character of ‘Scopey’ in the play ‘The Pope’s Wedding’ in 1984. He won two of British theatre’s top honors: the Time Out Fringe Award for Best Newcomer, and the Drama Theatre Award for Best Actor, for his dazzling performance.
- From 1985 to 1986, he became a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- In 1987, he won a prestigious BAFTA nomination for his performance as Joe Orton in ‘Pick Up Your Ears’. The same year, he was seen in the plays, ‘Serious Money’ and ‘The Country Wife’.
- In 1988, he acted in ‘We Think the World of You’ opposite Alan Bates.
- He also acted in ‘Chattahoochee’ the following year, opposite Dennis Hopper and ‘Frances McDormand.
- The same year, he acted in the British drama, ‘The Firm’, which is considered as one of his best achievements to date.
- In the 1990s, he traveled to the United States and starred in movies like ‘The State of Grace’, ‘JFK’, ‘Bram Stoker’s Dracula’ and ‘True Romance’. Oldman soon became a popular actor and portrayer of anti-heroes and negative roles in films.
- From 1995 to 1999, he acted in ‘Murder in the First’, ‘The Fifth Element’, ‘Lost in Space’, ‘Air Force One’ and ‘Jesus’.
- In the new millenary, he performed as ‘Sheldon Runyon’, a Republican congressman in the film, ‘The Contender’, which was delivered in 2000.
- The following year, he acted opposite his ‘Dracula’ co-star, Anthony Hopkins in ‘Hannibal’, describing the role of the only living victim of Hannibal Lecter.
- The same year, he made two guest characters on the hit American series, ‘Friends’.
- Following his presentation on ‘Friends’, his career slumped drastically between the first half of the new millennium. He appeared in a few forgettable films including ‘Tiptoes’ and ‘Sin’.
- He returned to playing Sirius Black, Harry Potter’s ‘godfather in the ‘Harry Potter film series. Radcliffe and Oldman reportedly became very close to each other during the shooting of the film, in 2004.
- In 2005, he was seen as ‘James Gordon’ in Christopher Nolan’s, ‘Batman Begins’. He reprised the role of ‘The Dark Knight’, three years later.
- From 2009 to 2011, he was seen in ‘A Christmas Carol’, ‘The Unborn’, ‘The Book of Eli’, and Catherine Hardwicke’s ‘Red Riding Hood’.
- In 2012, he was seen once again in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ as ‘James Gordon and also appeared as a mobster in the film, ‘Lawless’.
- In 2014, he acted in the remake of ‘RoboCop’ and in ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’.
|1986||Sid and Nancy|
|1987||Prick Up Your Ears|
We Think the World of You
|1989 ||Criminal Law|
|1990||Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead|
State of Grace
Henry & June
|1992||Bram Stoker’s Dracula|
Romeo Is Bleeding
|1994||Léon: The Professional|
|1995||Murder in the First|
The Scarlet Letter
|1997||The Fifth Element|
Air Force One
Nil by Mouth
|1998||Lost in Space|
Quest for Camelot
|1999||Plunkett & Macleane|
|2000 ||The Contender|
The Hire: Beat the Devil
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
|2005||Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire|
|2007||Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix|
|2008||The Dark Knight|
A Christmas Carol
|2010||The Book of Eli|
Countdown to Zero
One Night in Turin
|2011||Red Riding Hood|
Kung Fu Panda 2
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Guns, Girls and Gambling
|2012||The Dark Knight Rises|
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
|2017||The Space Between Us|
The Hitman’s Bodyguard
|2020||The Woman in the Window|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1986||Honest, Decent and True|
|1999||Tracey Takes On|
|2002||Greg the Bunny|
- Gary Oldman has been known for his acting abilities but he had also written and directed ‘Nil by Mouth’ (1997) based especially on his own story. The film opened Kathy Burke, the Best Actress prize at the Cannes Film Festival in 1997.
- Oldman has difficulties with alcohol and was once held for drunk driving in Los Angeles. He was released on bail on August 9, 1991, the next day of the arrest. His co-passenger was Kiefer Sutherland.
- Oldman decided to get rid of alcoholism during the 90s and got himself checked into the Marworth treatment facility in Waverly Township, Pennsylvania in 1993.
- Oldman was a member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1993.
- He was ranked #72 by Empire magazine in the 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History list in 2007.
- Oldman used for higher studies at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (RADA). He was refused admission and was required to find a new career other than acting.
- During his early years, Oldman took up various jobs to meet financial needs. He worked on assembly lines, as a porter in operating theatres, sold shoes and worked as a butcher.
- Gary has performed in David Bowie’s music video ‘David Bowie: The Next Day’ (2013) along with Marion Cotillard.
- Gary Oldman is an alumnus of Royal Shakespeare Company and Royal Court Theatre.
- Gary Oldman has also created a live appearance by Jack White, a former member of ‘White Stripes’ in collaboration with Vevo and YouTube.
- He does not have any supported social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, etc.
He Is Very Analytical, So Be Prepared For A Lot Of Questions. He Sees Mistakes That Others Miss And May Come Across As Being Critical At Times, Not His Intention He Is Trying To Help You. He Enjoys A Good Debate And May Come Across As Being Very Argumentative. He Will Enjoy Fight For A Cause, He Doesn’t Give Up. Very Good With Design And Bringing The Concepts Together. He Is Very Tolerant And Can Take On A Number Of Tasks At Once. He Will Enjoy Music, Going To Concerts Or Playing A Musical Instrument. Quick To Think And Will Respond Right Away After His Questions Have Been Answered. The Above Observations Are All Based On The Physical Features Of The Face. Many Of These Traits Can Be Seen At The Time Of Birth. I Use This System Mainly For Career Assessments, It Often Comes Out A Better Match Than Many Of The Tests People Take.
Oh Most Certainly. Gary Oldman Is Effortlessly Natural On Screen, Whereas Day-lewis Seems Very Try-hard. In fact, The Main Reason Day-lewis Is Such A Big Thing Is Due To The Directors He Works With Who Have A Critical Acclaim Behind Them, Unlike Gary Oldman. His Accents Aren’t As Mellifluous As Oldman’s And His Transformations Aren’t As Transformative As Oldman. Nonetheless, Both Are The Best Of Their Generation Along With Willem Dafoe. It’s Like Comparing David Tennant And Christian Bale. Although Bale Is More Critically Acclaimed Tennant Seems To Be More Versatile And Natural On Screen.
Both Daniel And Gary Were Known To Gotten Really Close Especially During The 3Rd And 5Th Film. David Yates, Director Of Harry Potter Films Mentioned That Daniel Adored Gary And Was Starstruck To Work With Him, Praising Oldman’s Performance As Sirius, ( Daniel Radcliffe Reveals His Favourite Harry Potter Character) And Gary Taught Him The Bass Guitar. Another Is Radcliffe’s ‘Acting Lesson’ With Gary Oldman During A Crying Scene In The Order Of The Phoenix, Where Oldman Used An Acting Method And Violently Shook Radcliffe And Screamed At Him, After Which Radcliffe Begun To Cry. Gary Oldman Also Praised Daniel For His Acting Skills And Post-potter Work Such As Learning How To Dance In Broadway Show, How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying And Stripping Naked For Equus. He Also Mentioned That Daniel Was ‘Adorable’.
It Would Be Impossible To Say Which One Was The Best Because All Of Them Are Equally Superb. It’s Easier To Tell You Which Is My Favorite: The Count In Bram Stoker’s Dracula. It’s A Movie I’ve Seen Dozens Of Times. A Hundred Times, To Be More Specific.