Mateusz Andrzej Klich (born 13 June 1990) is a Polish professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Leeds United as well as the Polish national team. There are a number of clubs in which the midfielder has previously played, including Cracovia, VfL Wolfsburg II, PEC Zwolle, and 1. FC Kaiserslautern, and FC Twente. Mateusz Klich is the son of Wojciech Klich, who was also a professional footballer, appearing in 84 matches in the Polish first division. He is currently a youth coach at the Polish club Cracovia.
He is a member of a family that is made up of a PE teacher, Maarkorzata, who won a bronze medal at the Polish championships for 800m freestyle. His sister is also a swimmer named Maja. Klich’s partner gave birth to his first child, Laura, on the 6th of November 2018. Leeds United’s fans’ terrace song for Klich ’40 Yards or 50 Yards’ is a reworked version of Rotterdam by The Beautiful South. It was written for the stadium by a Leeds United fan. His love of art extends to even his tattoos, another question he was asked. He explained, “There is a castle in Krakow.” “That’s my daughter’s birthday. The others don’t mean anything to me.”
Mateusz Klich Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Mateusz Klich. It gives you the ability to read through the Polish footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Mateusz Andrzej Klich|
|Nick Name/Popular Name/Shirt Name||Klich|
|Age||33 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Born Place||Tarnów, Poland|
|Date of Birth||13 June 1990|
|Home Town||Tarnów, Poland|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Małgorzata Klich|
|Father's Name||Wojciech Klich|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Daughters- Laura Klich|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||SEG|
|Debut Club||• 2017: Leeds United|
|Debut International||• 2011: Poland national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 10 (Leeds United)|
• 14 (Poland national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Leeds United|
• Poland national football team
|Position||Midfielder - Central Midfield|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm|
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6'0”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 84 kg|
in pounds- 185 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||11 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Polish|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Mateusz Klich Net Worth
In 2023, what will Mateusz Klich’s salary be?
In Jul 2017 Mateusz Klich signed a contract with Leeds United that extended from Nov 2019 to 2024 netting him a whopping salary of £1,768,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £4,844 per day and £202 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$2.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£1,768,000|
|Per Month Salary||£147,334|
|Per Week Salary||£34,000|
|Per Day Salary||£4,844|
|Per Hour Salary||£202|
|Per Minute Salary||£3.4|
|Current Contract||With Leeds United|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 1, 2017|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024 (extended on Nov 9, 2019)|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$3.30 Million|
|Market Value||$3.30 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$4.40 Million (May 31, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. As of 2023, Mateusz Klich has an estimated net worth of around $2.5 Million and his market value is about $3.30 million.
Mateusz Wieteska Biography, Age, Wife, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Mateusz Klich FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Mateusz Klich is currently 33 years old and plays as a Central Midfielder for Leeds United in England. His overall FIFA 22 rating is 74, with a potential of 74. A 3-star rating has been given to Klich’s skillmoves.
Mateusz Klich FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|49||Heading Accuracy||65||FK Accuracy|
|75||Short Passing||73||Long Passing|
|66||Defensive Awareness||50||Sliding Tackle|
His right foot is his preferred shooting foot. His work rate is medium to high. According to our database, Klich is 183 cm tall and weighs 84 kg. Mateusz Klich is currently playing with numbers 10 and 14.
Mateusz Klich Family – Parents And Wife
It has yet to be made official that Mateusz Klich is the husband of Magdalena Firek. In spite of this, the footballer and Magdalena have been together for almost a decade now.
It should also be noted that the couple also welcomed a daughter into this world on 6 November 2018, making her a Scorpio as well. As Firek was born in 1988, he is now 35 years old.
In addition, she is also a Virgo because she celebrates her birthday on September 13, which makes her a Virgo. A number of times, the couple has been spotted together on social media profiles.
As well as visiting the football stadium frequently to support her partner, Magdalena also takes part in other sporting events.
Until then, you can follow Magdalena on Instagram where she has 4.1K followers under the handle @megrec_. Wojciech Klich and Magorzata Klich are the proud parents of Mateusz Klich and they couldn’t be happier.
His parents raised him in Tarnów, Poland, where he grew up with his siblings. As a professional footballer, Wojciech, his father, played 84 games in the Polish first division, and he is now a youth coach at Cracovia, a team that plays in the Polish second division.
During the Polish championships, Malgorzata, his mother, won a bronze medal in the 800m freestyle at the Polish championships while she was teaching physical education.
The midfielder has a sister, Maja, who is also a talented swimmer in addition to the fact that he has parents.
Kamil Pestka Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Klich, a Tarnów native, debuted in the Ekstraklasa in November 2008.
He gradually became a regular in Cracovia’s starting eleven during the 2009–10 season.
Mateusz Klich At Wolfsburg
He signed a three-year contract with Bundesliga side VfL Wolfsburg on 14 June 2011.
Klich was the most valuable player in the history of Cracovia when Wolfsburg paid €1.5 million for him.
Initially loaned to PEC Zwolle for half a season, Klich made the switch permanent for a reported €200,000 fee, with Wolfsburg securing a repurchase option.
At Zwolle, he won the 2013–14 KNVB Cup on 20 April 2014, beating Ajax 5–1 in the final to qualify for the Europa League.
Return To Wolfsburg
Wolfsburg exercised its repurchase option for Klich in June 2014.
As a result of his lack of success in dislodging regular starters Luiz Gustavo, Josuha Guilavogui, and Kevin De Bruyne in the center midfield positions, he did not play in the Bundesliga during the first half of the season.
Ben White Biography, Age, Wife, Career, Net Worth, & Wiki
1. FC Kaiserslautern
Klich joined at the beginning of 2015 1. Bundesliga club Kaiserslautern signed him to a contract until the summer 2018.
It was not disclosed how much the transfer fee was.
In August 2016, he signed a three-year contract with Eredivisie side FC Twente. On 10 September 2016, he made his Twente debut against SC Heerenveen, wearing squad number 43.
In a 1–1 draw against Heracles Almelo on 2 October 2016, he scored his first goal for the club. His six goals and four assists helped FC Twente finish seventh in the Eredivisie in his first season.
Mateusz Klich At Leeds United
- Klich signed a three-year deal with English club Leeds United on 23 June 2017 after an initial bid was rejected.
- 10 days later, he made his League debut with a 2–0 victory over Sunderland after making his League debut on 9 August.
- In the pecking order, he was behind Kalvin Phillips, Eunan O’Kane, and Ronaldo Vieira.
- He made his first and only League start on 26 September 2017, when he slipped and lost possession, allowing Kenneth Zohore to score.
- Thomas Christiansen dropped Klich for his unfortunate slip, according to Klich. He was used very sparingly after October.
- Klich joined Dutch club FC Utrecht on a six-month loan from Leeds United on 22 January 2018.
FC Utrecht Loan
- The 22nd of January 2018 saw Klich sent on loan to FC Utrecht until the end of the season.
- It was in a 2–2 draw against Excelsior that Klich made his debut on 4 February 2018.
- He quickly regained his form at Utrecht, assisting in a 4–1 victory against Roda JC on 18 February.
- Klich created 11 chances and earned an assist in Utrecht’s 2–2 draw with Heracles Almelo on 29 April 2018, according to Opta Stats.
- Since Christian Eriksen for Ajax faced Roda JC in 2012, Klich has created the most chances in a single Eredivisie match.
- In a 1–0 victory against VVV-Venlo on 6 May 2018, Klich scored the winning goal for Utrecht (his first goal for the club).
- He helped Utrecht finish 5th and qualify for the Eredivisie Europa League playoffs during his loan spell. Asked if he would return to Leeds, he replied that he was 99% certain due to unfinished business.
Mateusz Klich Return To Leeds United
- In Leeds’ pre-season friendly, 1–1 draw with York City on 20 July 2018, Klich made his first appearance back under new Leeds head coach Marcelo Bielsa, playing in a new center-back position before reverting to a deep-lying playmaker position.
- On 5 August 2018 against Stoke City at Elland Road, he scored his first league goal for Leeds in a 3–1 win, his first competitive game for the club in almost seven months.
- As a result of impressing Leeds at the beginning of the 2018–19 season, Klich was named in the Poland squad for the first time in four years after scoring against Norwich City on 25 August 2018, his third goal in five games.
Making A Controversial Goal In Mid Of 2018–19 Season
- On the 28th of April, Klich scored a ‘controversial goal’. When Jonathan Kodjia was injured during a 1–1 draw with Aston Villa, he scored the goal.
- Tyler Roberts passed the ball to Klich, who put it into the far corner past Jed Steer. In a fracas with Klich at the center, Villa’s Conor Hourihane, Ahmed Elmohamady, Neil Taylor, and Leeds’ Patrick Bamford were caught up in the first goal of the game. The incident was eventually broken up by Stuart Attwell, Elland Road stewards, and other players from both sides.
- A straight red card was issued to peripherally involved Anwar El Ghazi by Attwell (subsequently rescinded by The FA), and head coach Marcelo Bielsa advised his players to let an unchallenged equalizer score, after consulting with Dean Smith.
- After the restart, Albert Adomah essentially walked into the net unchallenged by 10 Leeds players, with only Pontus Jansson giving chase and nearly dispossessing him.
- For his goal against Sheffield Wednesday, he won both the Leeds United Goal of the Season award and the club’s annual ceremony.
- In a 3–2 defeat to Ipswich Town, Klich scored his 10th goal of the season.
- During the 2018–19 Leeds United F.C. he played 50 games in all competitions, scoring 10 goals and nine assists. Despite finishing third in the regular season after dropping out of the automatic promotion places after losing to Wigan Athletic on 19 April, Klich remains Leeds’ only ever-present player for the League season.
- Though Leeds won 1–0 at Pride Park before the home leg at Elland Road, Klich started the playoff fixtures against Derby County despite Leeds qualifying for the playoffs. Dallas scored a brace in the second leg, and Leeds was reduced to 10 men after Gaetano Berardi’s red card, and Derby advanced to the final.
Diego Llorente Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Against Salford City in the EFL Cup on 13 August, Klich scored his first goal of the season.
- In Leeds’ 2–0 win over Barnsley on 15 September 2019, he scored his second goal of the season.
- Klich signed a four-and-a-half-year contract with Leeds on 9 November 2019.
- After Marcelo Bielsa became manager in 2018, he started every league game – 92 games – until the penultimate game of the season on 19 July 2020.
- Klich scored two goals against Middlesbrough on 30 November. Taking Leeds to the top of the Championship and sealing their five-game winning streak.
- Klich won the EFL Championship Goal of the Month for November for his long-range strike against Middlesbrough on 19 December.
- The English professional football season was halted in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic impacting association football. The season was resumed in June, with Klich earning promotion to the Premier League with Leeds as well as becoming the EFL Championship Champions in July after a successful resumption.
- Against Liverpool on 12 September 2020, Klich scored his side’s third goal in an enthralling 4–3 defeat of the reigning champions.
- In Leeds’ second game of the season, a 4–3 home win against Fulham, he scored again and provided an assist.
- In a 2–1 defeat to West Ham United, he scored a penalty in Leeds’ 3–0 win away at Aston Villa.
- Klich made his national team debut against Argentina on 5 June 2011.
- Poland won the match 2–1. On 14 August 2013, he scored his first goal for the national team against Denmark.
- Klich joined the Poland team on 27 August 2018 after being absent for four years. He impressed Leeds in the first five games of the 2018–19 season, scoring three goals and one assist.
- Poland played against Italy 1–1 in UEFA Nations League on 7 September, with Klich contributing to Piotr Zielinski’s opening goal.
- He scored his second national team goal in a friendly against the Republic of Ireland on 11 September.
James Milner Biography, Age, Wife, Children, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
How old is Mateusz Klich?
Mateusz Klich is 33 years old as of 2023.
How tall is Mateusz Klich?
Mateusz Klich is 183 cm tall. Or 6 ft 0 in.
Which is Mateusz Klich’s preferred foot?
Mateusz Klich’s preferred foot is right.
Where is Mateusz Klich from?
Mateusz Klich is from Poland.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Mateusz Klich worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Mateusz Klich has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Polish footballer. Hopefully, Mateusz Klich’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Mateusz Klich.