Reece James (born 8 December 1999) is a right-back for Premier League side Chelsea and the England national team.
James joined the Chelsea academy as a child and made his professional debut in 2017 when he captained the under-18s to an FA Youth Cup triumph and was awarded Academy Player of the Season. When he returned to Chelsea in 2019, he was promoted to the main team after a fruitful loan stint with Wigan Athletic of the Championship.
James was called up to the full England squad for the first time in October 2020, gaining his maiden cap against Wales after representing England at different junior levels.
Reece James Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Reece James|
|Nick Name||Reece James|
|Age (as of 2022)||22 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||London, United Kingdom|
|Date of Birth||8 December 1999|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Michelle James|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Jersey Number||• England - 24|
• Chelsea FC - 24
|Current Team(s)||• England|
• Chelsea FC
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||15 / 0|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Unique Sports Group|
|Traits||• Early Crosser|
|Style Of Play||• Likes to cut inside|
• Key passes
• Holding on to the ball
Height and Weight
|Height (as of 2022)||• in meters - 1.79 m|
• in feet inches - 5 ft 10 in
|Weight (as of 2022)||• in kilograms - 91 kg|
• in pounds - 181 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||British|
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Right-Back|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
- U18 Premier League: 2016–17, 2017–18
- FA Youth Cup: 2016–17, 2017–18
- UEFA Champions League: 2020–21
- UEFA Super Cup: 2021
- FA Cup runner-up: 2019–20, 2020–21, 2021–22
- EFL Cup runner-up: 2021–22
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship: 2017
- UEFA European Championship runner-up: 2020
- Chelsea Academy Player of the Year: 2017–18
- Wigan Athletic Player of the Year: 2018–19
- Wigan Athletic Player’s Player of the Year: 2018–19
- Wigan Athletic Goal of the Season: 2018–19
- FA Cup Team of the Year: 2020–21
- PFA Community Champion Award: 2020–21
In an effort to restore his previous loan club, James made a personal payment and shared a link on his social media profiles to a Crowdfunder site in August 2020. In an attempt to inspire others to follow, he said in the post, ‘Come on let’s help @laticsofficial out.’
Marcus Rashford complimented James and his colleague Mason Mount for their “fantastic” philanthropic activities in January 2021. James had spent the previous 18 months helping with The Felix Project, a London-based nonprofit. 5 months later, during Euro 2020, James said that he will donate his Match Day shirt from England’s game against Croatia to collect funds for charity.
Reece James Net Worth
The range of Reece James’s net worth or income is thought to be between €2,200,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
Reece James FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Reece James has an overall rating of 84 and his potential is also 88.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|75||Heading Accuracy||76||FK Accuracy|
|83||Short Passing||78||Long Passing|
|81||Defensive Awareness||80||Sliding Tackle|
- James began training with Chelsea when he was six years old, but he spent a brief time with West London rivals Fulham when he was seven.
- He made his professional debut with Chelsea in March 2017.
- He captained the under-18s to FA Youth Cup victory in 2017-18 and was voted Academy Player of the Season.
- In June 2018, he agreed to a new four-year contract with the club.
2018–19 season: Loan to Wigan Athletic
- Later that month, he signed a loan deal with Championship club Wigan Athletic for the 2018-19 season.
- On 4 August 2018, he made his first-team debut, starting in Wigan’s season-opening 3-2 home victory against Sheffield Wednesday.
- In a 2-1 home loss against Leeds United on November 4, he scored his first goal for the Latics with a free-kick in the sixth minute.
- He was named to the 2018-19 Championship Team of the Season in March 2019.
- He was named Player of the Year at Wigan Athletic’s end-of-season awards ceremony.
2019–20 season: First team Breakthrough
- After recovering from injury, James made his Chelsea debut on September 25, 2019.
- In the third round of the 2019-20 EFL Cup, he scored his first goal and assisted on two more in a 7-1 win over Grimsby Town.
- James became Chelsea’s youngest-ever UEFA Champions League striker when he scored the fourth goal in their 4-4 comeback match with Ajax on November 5, 2019.
- On January 16, 2020, he signed a long-term contract deal with Chelsea.
2020–21 season: UEFA Champions League title
- James scored his first Premier League goal for Chelsea against Brighton & Hove Albion on September 14, 2020.
- James earned his 50th appearance for Chelsea in all competitions in the club’s 3-1 league win over Leeds United on December 5.
- James was subjected to racial internet harassment in January 2021.
- In reaction to the harassment, he canceled his Instagram account in March 2021.
- James earned his first Champions League on May 29, when Chelsea defeated Manchester City 1-0 in the 2021 UEFA Champions League Final in Porto.
- James was sent off at the conclusion of the first half of a 1-1 tie against Liverpool on August 28, 2021, owing to a handball incident.
- On October 30, 2021, he scored a second-half brace in a 3-0 win over Newcastle United at St James’ Park.
- James was nominated for the PFA Men’s Young Player of the Year award at the end of the season.
- James signed a new six-year deal with Chelsea on September 5, 2022, committing to the club until 2028.
- His efforts were commended in October 2022, but he developed a knee ailment later that month and had to consult a specialized doctor.
- James has represented England at all levels of youth, from under 18 to under 21.
- James was named to the under-20 squad for the 2017 Toulon Tournament in May 2017.
- He played in the final, in which England defeated Ivory Coast to retain their championship.
- James was a member of the under-19 side that won the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship in July 2017.
- He made his debut in the semi-final against the Czech Republic.
- James was a member of the under-20 squad that traveled to the 2019 Toulon Tournament and was carried off on a stretcher during the first half of the final group game defeat to Chile on June 7, 2019.
- Following Raheem Sterling’s injury, manager Gareth Southgate called up James for the first time to the senior team on October 5, 2020.
- He made his debut on October 8 at Wembley Stadium, replacing Kieran Trippier in the 58th minute of a 3-0 win over Wales.
- In his second start, against Denmark, he was sent out for dissent after the final whistle.
- James was picked for England’s Euro 2020 roster of 26 players.
- James started the 0-0 draw against Scotland at Euro 2020.
- He stated in November 2021 that he was in the greatest shape of his career and aimed to become England’s first-choice right-back.
He is currently 22 years old (as of 2022).
He is 179 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Chelsea FC, his net worth is €150,000 (as of 2022).