Margot Robbie is an Australian actress, who started with roles in a few Australian independent films and television series and later moved to the U.S. to pursue her Hollywood dream. She relocated to Los Angeles after working on the successful Australian TV series ‘Neighbours’ for three years. Within a few years in Hollywood, she has managed to work with prominent Hollywood actors and directors and has earned praise from the audience as well as critics. Starting with the film ‘About Time’, she went on to star in Martin Scorsese’s biographical crime drama ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’, and attracted attention from film critics.
She soon played lead roles in a number of successful movies like ‘Focus’, ‘Suite Française’, ‘Z for Zachariah’ and ‘The Legend of Tarzan’. She won the hearts of the audience with her portrayal of Harley Quinn, an infamous DC Comics villain, in her latest movie ‘Suicide Squad’. She soon got to host the 42nd season premiere of ‘Saturday Night Live’, along with musical guest The Weeknd. She has been selected as the face of the brand Calvin Klein for its women’s fragrance Deep Euphoria.
- Tina Fey Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Daughter, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
- Ethan Hawke Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Daughter, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
Following in the footsteps of her Australian countrywomen Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchett, Margot Robbie took the film world by storm, first in Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf of Wall Street (2013), followed by memorable roles in The Big Short (2015) and Suicide Squad (2016). She then starred as the controversial figure skater Tonya Harding in the biopic I, Tonya (2017), before portraying actress Sharon Tate in Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019).
Margot Robbie Biography/Wiki
|Birth Name||Margot Elise Robbie|
|Age||(as in 2022) 32 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Dalby, Australia|
|Date of Birth||July 02, 1990|
|Home Town||Not Known|
|Mother's Name||Sarie Kessler|
|Father's Name||Doug Robbie|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Henry Aitken (2014)|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Educational Qualification||Gold Coast|
|Brands Endorsed||Nivea Young ad|
|Career Manager||CAA Management 360|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||In Feet - 5 feet 6 inches|
In Centimeters -168 cm
In Meters - 1.68 m
|Weight (Approx.)||In Kilograms - 57 kg|
In Pounds -126 lbs
|Body Build|| Slim|
|Body Shape|| Hourglass|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
|Shoe Size||7 (US)|
|Favourite Actress||Not Known|
|Favourite Actors||Not Known|
|Favourite Colors||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport||Not Known|
Margot Robbie grew up in Dalby, Queensland with her parents, Sarie Kessler and Doug Robbie. Her father is a former farm owner, and her mother is a physiotherapist. Margot shared her childhood with her three siblings named, Lachlan, Cameron and a sister, Anya.
Margot Robbie Hot Images
Margot Age, Personal Life & More
Best Known For Playing Donna Freedman in the Australian TV soap opera Neighbours from 2008 to 2011. She also received two Logie Award nominations. She is also known for her appearance in the 2013 film The Wolf of Wall Street.
First Film In 2008, she appeared in the film Vigilante for her role as Cassandra.
First TV Show In 2008 again, she made her TV debut with the black comedy show Review with Myles Barlow for her role as Kelly in the very first episode of season 1.
Personal Trainer, She goes to Ballet Bodies Craze in Los Angeles. She has also shared her pic of stretching out on Pilates Cadillac machine on Instagram, which is shared by DailyMail. She once stated to GQ that she doesn’t have a good diet plan. She is generally on the extreme side of her diet. For example, she likes to eat fries, burgers, drink beer and to consume other junk food, but if she has to look good in the bikini, she will switch to the carrot side. So, in a way, she is generally on the extremes.
Margot Robbie Net Worth
Margot Robbie is an Australian actress who is best known for the films ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’, ‘Focus’, ‘Z for Zachariah’, ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ and ‘Suicide Squad’. As of 2022, Margot Robbie’s net worth is estimated to be $12 Million dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$12 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
Margot Robbie Husband, Affairs and More
Henry Aitken (2014) – Margot started dating a local New Zealand lad, Henry Aitken in February 2014. She met him on the set of 2015 movie Z for Zachariah. According to DailyMail, Margot’s relationship with New Zealand lad ended after she finished filming for Z for Zachariah and left the country.
Tom Ackerley (2014-Present) – In 2014, Margot Robbie started dating English assistant director Tom Ackerley. They got engaged in June 2015. In December 2016, it was revealed by Woman’s Day that they have married each other.
- Margot Robbie started her acting career in 2007 with two independent Australian films directed by Aash Aaron. While the action feature film ‘Vigilante’ was released in 2008, the thriller film ‘I.C.U.’ was not released until 2009.
- In 2008, she appeared as a guest in two episodes of the Australian children’s television series ‘The Elephant Princess’. The same year, she also made a guest appearance in another TV series, ‘City Homicide’, and worked on a number of commercials.
- Her first big break also came in the form of a guest role initially. In June 2008, she appeared as Donna Freedman on the Australian soap opera ‘Neighbours’. However, her performance impressed the producers enough to make her role a regular one. She appeared on the show till January 2011. She returned to the series in 2015 for a special documentary celebrating the 30th anniversary of the show.
- In 2011, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue a Hollywood career, and auditioned for the new series of ‘Charlie’s Angels’. Instead, she was offered the role of Laura Cameron, a newly trained flight attendant, in the ABC drama series ‘Pan Am’.
- She got her first big movie role in 2012, in the romantic comedy film ‘About Time’. The movie, which released in 2013, featured Robbie alongside stars like Domhnall Gleeson, Rachel McAdams, and Bill Nighy.
- In June 2012, she was cast opposite Leonardo DiCaprio by iconic American director Martin Scorsese in the movie ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’. The film, which released the next year, was a box-office hit and received five Academy Award nominations.
- Her next movie, ‘Focus’, a romantic crime comedy, came in 2015. She acted opposite Will Smith in the movie and received accolades from the critics. The same year, she was cast in the lead role of Ann Burden in the science fiction movie ‘Z for Zachariah’.
- In 2015, she worked with Michelle Williams, Kristin Scott Thomas and Matthias Schoenaerts in the movie ‘Suite Française’. In December that year, she made a guest appearance as herself in the movie ‘The Big Short’.
- The film ‘Whiskey Tango Foxtrot’ was Robbie’s first release in 2016. She played Tanya Vanderpoel, a British TV journalist, in the movie, which was a film adaptation of the book ‘The Taliban Shuffle’.
- It was followed by the action-adventure film ‘The Legend of Tarzan’, which released in July, and co-starred Alexander Skarsgard, Samuel L. Jackson, and Christoph Waltz. She played the female lead, Jane Porter.
- In 2016, she played another major role, Harley Quinn, in the blockbuster supervillain movie, ‘Suicide Squad’.
- The film, which starred actors like Will Smith, Jared Leto, Viola Davis, and Joel Kinnaman, received criticism for its muddled plot, but Robbie’s performance charmed most critics.
- Seeing the positive reaction that her portrayal of the character of Harley Quinn received, Warner Bros. has already booked her to reprise her role in the spin-off movie, ‘Gotham City Sirens’. She is also producing the upcoming movie.
- She has been cast in the upcoming thriller film ‘Terminal’, scheduled to release in 2017. She will portray the lead character in the biographical sports drama ‘I, Tonya’. Another biopic, based on ‘Dangerous Odds’, the memoir of Marisa Lankester, will also have her in the lead role.
- She is slated to lend her voice in two animation movies, ‘Larrikins’ and ‘Peter Rabbit’. The movies will release in 2018.
Margot Robbie Movies
Hollywood Breakthrough: ‘Wolf of Wall Street’
Few remember her debut film, the Australian-made I.C.U., a serial killer thriller shot when she was 17 and released in 2009. Richard Curtis’ time-travel rom-com About Time (2013), with Domhnall Gleeson and Rachel McAdams, made more of a splash. But it was her role as Naomi, Leonardo DiCaprio’s Brooklyn bombshell wife and “the Duchess of Bay Ridge,” in Martin Scorsese’s fact-based epic of financial flimflammery The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) that turned heads.
She also got attention for her small but standout role playing herself in The Big Short in 2015. The comedic scene involved her explaining mortgage-backed securities and subprime loans all the while floating in a tub of bubbles with champagne in hand.
- Al Pacino Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Godfather, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
- Julia Roberts Biography, Age, Height, Movies, Husband, Children, & Net Worth
Margot Robbie Movies: From ‘Focus’ to ‘Suicide Squad’ and ‘Birds of Prey’
Robbie co-starred with Will Smith in Focus (2015), as con artists who steal each other’s hearts. That same year she also starred in the sci-fi drama Z for Zachariah before re-teaming with Smith in the comics-based smash Suicide Squad (2016), with Robbie punkily attired as fan fave Harley Quinn, the psycho psychiatrist who is a muse to Jared Leto’s Joker. She told The Washington Post that diving into a vat of “gluggy paint stuff” to bleach Harley’s skin in one scene was “the most unpleasant thing I’ve ever done in my entire life,” and her spiky accouterment wasn’t exactly comfortable either.
Robbie planned to reprise her popular characterization of Harley Quinn in Gotham City Sirens, though that project was shelved in favor of another spinoff, Birds of Prey, which co-starred Ewan McGregor and hit theaters in February 2020.
‘The Legend of Tarzan’ and ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’
Also in 2016, Robbie starred as Jane in The Legend of Tarzan, with Alexander Skarsgard, and the following year she played the wife of Winnie the Pooh author A.A. Milne in the historical drama Goodbye Christopher Robin. Robbie then landed in another high-profile project by portraying actress Sharon Tate, a real-life victim of the notorious Charles Manson-orchestrated murders of 1969, alongside DiCaprio and Brad Pitt in Quentin Tarantino’s 2019 feature Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
Playing Tonya Harding in ‘I, Tonya’
A three-year-old toddler when the 1994 Winter Olympics were held, Robbie had no idea who Harding was, or what the infamous “whacking incident” involving Nancy Kerrigan was all about. As co-producer of the black comedy I, Tonya (2017), Robbie dove headlong into the part, recreating her every gesture as closely as possible. She did meet Harding, though limited their time together to a couple of hours “otherwise I might have too much empathy for her,” she said after its premiere screening at the Toronto International Film Festival.
While Harding’s famous triple axel was recreated digitally, Robbie performed some of the skating routines on her own accord and impressed enough with her overall performance to earn Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations for Best Actress.
The Wolf of Wall Street
|2015||Z for Zachariah|
The Big Short
|2016||Whiskey Tango Foxtrot|
The Legend of Tarzan
|2017||Goodbye Christopher Robin|
Mary Queen of Scots
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
|2020||Promising Young Woman|
Birds of Prey
Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway
Some Known Facts About Margot Robbie
- At 17 (in 2007), she started acting professionally.
- She likes the 60s decade. That is her favorite.
- In 2011, Margot appeared in period drama TV series Pan Am to play Laura Cameron.
- She is good friends with Neighbours co-stars Ashleigh Brewer and Caitlin Stasey.
- She was born in Dalby but raised in Gold Coast in Queensland.
- As a kid, she used to spend her time on the beach and her grandparents’ farm.
- Her grandparents have not seen the film The Wolf of Wall Street as she had some n*de scenes.
- Margot was primarily raised by her single mother.
- At 16, she was working three jobs simultaneously to earn some money for survival.
- Connect with Margot on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Is Margot Robbie Still Married?
Robbie Met British Assistant Director Tom Ackerley On The Set Of Suite Française In 2014, And In December 2016, They Married In A Private Ceremony In Byron Bay. In February 2018, Robbie Was Announced As An Ambassador For The Luxury Fashion Brand Chanel.
Who Is Margot Robbie’s Husband?
Tom Ackerley, The Untold Truth Of Margot Robbie’s Husband, Tom Ackerley. Margot Robbie, An Australian Actress, Is One Of The Most Identifiable Actresses Of Her Age Group.
Does Margot Robbie Workout?
As Well As Banning Almost All Saturated Fats And Processed Foods From Her Diet, Robbie Follows A Strict Workout Regimen Involving Weights, Ab Workouts And Plenty Of Cardio To Attain Her Enviable Physique In A Record Amount Of Time. Scroll Down For All Of Robbie’s Diet And Exercise Go-to’s.
What Ethnicity Is Margot Robbie?
Australian, Margot Elise Robbie Was Born On July 2, 1990, In Dalby, Queensland, Australia To Scottish Parents. Her mother, Sarie Kessler, Is A Physiotherapist, And Her Father, Is Doug Robbie.