Mark Zuckerberg is an entrepreneur, media mogul, American billionaire, & philanthropist. He is most best known as the founder of Facebook and its parent organization, Meta previously known as Facebook, Inc. He is chairman, CEO, and majority shareholder at Meta. He became the youngest self-made millionaire in the world at the age of 23 in 2007.
Since 2008, The Time magazine has declared Zuckerberg one of the world’s 100 most important people as part of the Person of the Year honor, which he won in 2010. Zuckerberg was placed 10th on Forbes’ list of Most Powerful People in the World in December 2016.
Mark Zuckerberg Bio/Wiki[table id=2978 /]
Mark Zuckerberg is the son of Karen, a psychiatrist & Edward Zuckerberg, a dentist. He was born on 14th May 1984, in White Plains, New York.
He along with his three sisters named – Arielle, Randi, and Donna grew up in a neighborhood in Dobbs Ferry, New York. They were raised in a Reform Jewish family. His great-grandparents came from Germany, Austria, & Poland as Jewish exiles.
When he was 13, he held a Star Wars inspired bar mitzvah. He went to the Ardsley High School, Ardsley in New York, where he excelled academically.
He went to Phillips Exeter Academy following two years and received awards in classical studies, astronomy, mathematics, & physics. He also went to Johns Hopkins University’s Center for Talented Youth camp when he was younger.
In middle school, Zuckerberg began exploring computers and developed software. In the 1990s, his dad taught Mark Atari BASIC programming, and he later engaged software engineer David Newman as a private instructor.
While in high school, Mark Zuckerberg attended a graduate program at Mercy College close to his home. Because his father’s dentistry business was run out of their home, he created a software application called ZuckNet that enabled all of the computers in the house and the dental office to connect with one another. He claimed to be able to read & write Ancient Greek, Hebrew, French, & even Latin on his college application.
In the year 2002, Mark enrolled at Harvard University. At Harvard Mark studied psychology & computer science. Mark was in his sophomore year when dropped out of Harvard after the formal inauguration of the Facebook networking site.
Mark Zuckerberg Net Worth
Mark Zuckerberg has a net worth of approximately $51.2 billion.[table id=2981 /]
Mark’s Facebook stock accounts for a big majority of his wealth. Mark presently controls roughly 400 million Facebook shares, which are divided into multiple classes with varying voting rights.
He holds roughly 12 million Facebook Class A shares and 365 million Class B shares, accounting for nearly 81 percent of all B shares. Mark has 53 percent voting power in the corporation thanks to the super voting Class B shares.
Across $320 million in real estate & land is owned by Zuckerberg and Chan around the world. Multiple mansions in Palo Alto, 1,400 acres in Hawaii, as well as a townhouse near San Francisco, are among their real estate holdings.
Mark Zuckerberg House List[table id=2979 /]
- On February 4, 2004, while still being at Harvard, Mark Zuckerberg launched thefacebook.com, a directory in which fellow Harvard students entered their own information and photos into a template that he had devised.
- His roommates named Dustin Moskovitz & Chris Hughes, helped Zuckerberg add features to make the site more accessible & available to all campuses across the country.
- Facebook quickly became increasingly popular as registered users could create profiles, upload photos and other media, and keep in touch with friends.
- It differed from other social networking sites at that time, as the site gave more emphasis on real names & e-mail addresses.
- In 2004, Moskovitz, Zuckerberg & Hughes moved their first headquarters to Palo Alto, California, where venture capitalist Peter Thiel gave them seed money. Zuckerberg dropped out of Harvard to concentrate on Facebook.
- In May 2005 Facebook received its first major infusion of venture capital ($12.7 million).
- Later in September 2005 Facebook opened to registration for high-school students. Meanwhile, many foreign colleges and universities also began to sign up to the site, and by September 2006 everyone with an e-mail address could enter a regional network based on their location.
- In 2007 Facebook struck a deal with Microsoft in which the software company paid $240 million for a 1.6 percent stake in Facebook. Two years later Digital Sky Technologies acquired a 1.96 percent share of Facebook for $200 million.
- In 2008, Mark Zuckerberg’s new net worth was estimated at around $1.5 billion. After Facebook’s initial public offering of Facebook stock in 2012, Zuckerberg’s net worth was estimated at over $19 billion.
- Since 2010s, Facebook has faced legal fights, as well as has seen a significant expansion in its user base.
- Facebook revealed its first-quarter profits for 2021 on April 28, 2021. The business announced operating income of $26.17 billion, up 48 percent from the year-ago quarter, and increased profits per share & net income.
- In late 2021, Facebook changed its company name to Meta and announced the Metaverse.
- In 2013, Mark Zuckerberg established Internet.org, something he described as an effort to provide the Internet to the 5 billion people who did not have it at the time of the launch.
- In India, protestors complained that the project’s limited internet violated the idea of net neutrality. Zuckerberg countered that a restricted internet was preferable than without internet. In February 2016, Internet.org was decommissioned in India.
- Later, Zuckerberg met with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, and Google CEO Sundar Pichai to explore ways to provide inexpensive Internet access to developing nations.
- Zuckerberg is also a board member of Breakthrough Starshot, a solar sail spacecraft development initiative he co-founded in 2016.
- Mark Zuckerberg was on his way to working at Microsoft.
- When he was in middle school, he established ZuckNet to assist his father.
- Zuckerberg is colorblind in the red-green spectrum.
- He is able to communicate in Ancient Greek, Hebrew, French, and Latin.
- Many major corporations, including Google, expressed interest in purchasing Facebook, but Zuckerberg refused.
- At a fraternity party at Harvard, Zuckerberg and his wife, Dr. Priscilla Chan, met for the first time in line for the restroom.
- Steve Jobs, Albert Einstein, and Pablo Picasso are among his heroes.
- Zuckerberg’s Hungarian dog named Beast has a Facebook profile of his own.
- His distinctive T-shirt ranges in price from $300 to $400.
In February 2022, Zukerberg lost over $30 billion of his net worth after stocks of Facebook, now rebranded as Meta, plunged.
Zukerberg net worth is around $51.2 billion.
Mark takes a $1 salary as CEO of Meta (Facebook).
Mark has two daughters named Maxima Chan Zuckerberg & August Chan Zuckerberg.
Zuckerberg is 5 feet & 7 inch tall.
Zuckerberg let his kids use social media only to communicate & stay connected to their family.
It has been 10 years since Zuckerberg & Chan married.
Mark’s wife’s name is Priscilla Chan.
Zukerberg has an IQ level of 152.
Zukerberg & his wife met in 2003 at Harvard and soon after they started dating and the couple married in 2012.
Yes, Mark has a dog named Beast (Hungarian sheepdog).