Mahua Moitra is an Indian politician and a Member of parliament in the 17th Lok Sabha from Krishnanagar, West Bengal. She contested and won the seat in the 2019 Indian general election as an All India Trinamool Congress (AITC) party candidate. Moitra served as a member of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly representing Karimpur from 2016 to 2019 and has served as the general secretary and national spokesperson of the AITC for the past few years. She was an investment banker before entering.
Trinamool Congress lawmaker Mahua Moitra has earned plaudits for her fiery maiden speech in the Lok Sabha in which she warned that prevalent signs suggest that India is moving towards fascism. The Member of Parliament from Krishnanagar, during the discussion on the Motion of Thanks to the President’s Address Tuesday, said, “Only if you would open your eyes, you would see that there are signs everywhere, that this country is being torn apart.”
Mahua Moitra Wiki/Bio
[table id=1051 /]
Mahua Moitra Net Worth
[table id=1052 /]
Mahua Moitra Age, Personal Life & More
She hails from a Bengali Hindu Brahmin family. In an interview with NewsX, Moitra discussed several aspects of her life. She spoke of a multicultural upbringing in Kolkata, recalling that her neighbors were Parsi and that she celebrated Nowruz with them.
Moitra also revealed that she had lived in Scandinavia and that her former husband was Danish financier Lars Brorson. She expressed admiration for the Scandinavian education, Denmark and healthcare system, claiming that her former husband’s mother had two government-provided carers looking after her for free.
Some Known Facts About Mahua Moitra
- Mahua Moitra is an Indian politician. She is an MP from the Krishnanagar Constituency of West Bengal. She belongs to the All India Trinamool Congress (TMC).
- Mahua was the Vice President of JP Morgan, London before she started her career in politics.
- She was interested in politics since she was 18 years old.
- Moitra was motivated to quit her job at her 10-year college reunion when she saw that all her batchmates were successful bankers. That day she promised herself that at her college 20-year reunion, she won’t be coming back as “just another managing director”.
- She was Rahul Gandhi’s most trusted when she was in the Youth Congress of West Bengal. She used to head the Aam Admi ka Sipahi (AAKS) initiative and was very successful in it.
- She quit the Youth Congress when she realized that Congress always compromised with the Left; she did not like the Left ideology, so, she quit.
- Once in an interview, she was asked about her political career to which she replied- I’m just about getting out of the cocoon now”
- Her main focus during her rallies has been education, employment, and youth empowerment. She often addresses college students and has a strong connection with the youth of her constituency.
- Mamata Banerjee announced Mahua Moitra’s name as the TMC candidate from the Krishnanagar Constituency for the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections on 12 March 2019.
- She won the 2019 Lok Sabha elections from the Krishnanagar Constituency and was elected as an MP.
- In her maiden speech in the Lok Sabha, in which she listed the “signs of early fascism,” was hailed as the “speech of the year” on social media.
Who Is Husband Of Mahua Moitra?
Moitra Also Revealed That She Had Lived In Scandinavia And That Her Former Husband Was Danish Financier Lars Brorson.
Who Is The Father Of Mahua Moitra?
Dwipendra Lal Moitra
Who Is Moitra?
Maitra, Alternatively Spelled Moitra, Is A Bengali Hindu Family Name Found Among The Bengali Brahmins Of The Kulin Varendra Clan. It Is One Of The Oldest Surnames Of Bengal, Coming From The Varendra Brahmin Clans. This Pouranik Hinduism Is What We Know As Brahmanism.
What Is Mitra Caste?
Mitras Belong To Kayastha Caste In Bengal. The Bengali Kayasthas Evolved As A Caste From A Category Of Officials Or Scribes, Between The 5Th/6Th Century Ce And 11Th/12Th Century Ce, Its Component Elements Being Putative Kshatriyas And Mostly Brahmins.