Mahesh Manjrekar is a well-known Indian actor, screenwriter, director, and producer. He is famously known for portraying the role of Raj Yadav/Baali in the Bollywood movie Dante. His participation in the theater and film industry has been for 2 long and successful decades. He has acted in numerous films, portraying mainly as an antagonist in several films.
Mahesh Manjrekar was born in a Hindu family on 16 August 1958 in Mumbai. Not much known about his parents. He has a sister Devyani Manjrekar, and a brother Shailesh Manjrekar. Manjrekar got married to Deepa Mehta after a courtship of a few years. The couple separated ways after a few years of their marriage. They have a son, Satya Manjrekar, an Actor, and a daughter Ashwami Manjrekar, a Film Producer and Chef. After that, Mahesh bound the knot with the Marathi actress, Medha Manjrekar. The couple is blessed with a daughter, Saiee Manjrekar, an actress, and a step-daughter, Gauri Ingawale, an actress, who is Medha’s daughter from her first husband.
Mahesh Manjrekar Wiki/Bio[table id=2404 /]
Mahesh Manjrekar completed his schooling at Mumbai’s Don Bosco High School. Later, he joined the University of Mumbai to pursue his graduation. He was leaned towards acting from a young age. Mahesh began doing theatre when he was in college. Manjrekar started his career in acting with the much-acclaimed Marathi play, Aflatoon, in 1984. He gained immense recognition for his performance in the play. Consequently, he performed plays like All the Best, Dhyanimani, and Gidhade.
In 1995, a high-budget film Aai was much acknowledged which was directed by Mahesh. From here, Mahesh Manjrekar’s directing attentiveness improved more and after getting positive feedback from the public he began directing the movies as Vaastav in 1999, which was a successful movie starred by Sanjay Dutt.
Mahesh Manjrekar Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Mahesh Manjrekar’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Mahesh Manjrekar in 2023?[table id=2405 /]
Noted, right now, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update soon.
- In 2002, Manjrekar stated to the police that he had talked to the underworld from a hotel in Nashik in the company of actor Sanjay Dutt, filmmakers Sanjay Gupta and Harish Sughand. Nevertheless, he later turned hostile in court and denied speaking to anyone.
- In the year 2013, the poster of his Marathi movie Kokanastha attracted criticism because it showed the actor Sachin Khedekar dressed as an RSS Swayamsewak with a tag line: Taath Kana, Haach Baana (A straight spine is our character). People called it Brahmin Supremacist. Nevertheless, he rubbished all the allegations of supremacism.
Mahesh Manjrekar also worked with great actors including Amitabh Bachan, Sanjay Dutt, and many more. Kaante in 2002 is the best example of his outstanding performance. He also played a role in his directed movies as Deha in 2007 and the Telugu movie Okkadunnadu in 2007.
In the year 2008, he achieved a large number of fans by portraying the role of gangster Javed in an Indian film Slumdog Millionaire. This film was a tour de force and achieved 8 Oscar awards in total which was a triumph for the team.
Manjrekar is also joined the MNS in 2014. This depicts his interest in the political profession as well as in showbiz. He also got some controversies throughout his acting career. He also faced public criticism in his Marathi Film for being biased. In the year 2006, Manjrekar competed in the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 1 and became the 2nd runner-up.[table id=2406 /]
Facts About Mahesh Manjrekar
- Does Mahesh Manjrekar drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does Mahesh Manjrekar smoke?: Not Known
- Mahesh made his film debut in 1992 with the Marathi movie Jeeva Sakha in which he portrayed the role of Inspector Jamdade.
- Manjrekar contested the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections as a candidate of the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena, from the Mumbai North-West constituency. He lost the elections to Gajanan Kirtikar of Shiv Sena.
- In the year 2018, Manjrekar hosted the first season of Bigg Boss Marathi.
- Mahesh has also appeared in Netflix’s series Selection Day in which he portrayed the role of the cricket coach Tommy sir.
- He is fond of playing cricket.
First Wife: Deepa Mehta (Ex-Wife), Second Wife: Medha Manjrekar
64 years (16 August 1958)