Mahesh Babu is an Indian Film Actor, Film Producer & Philanthropist who is well-known for his work in the Telugu film industry from Tamil Nadu, India. He is popularly known as Prince, is one of the reigning young stars of Telugu cinema. Babu has been cited in the media as one of the most attractive male celebrities in India. His performances have settled him as a leading actor in Telugu cinema. He has a production house named G. Mahesh Babu Entertainment. The younger son of veteran Telugu actor Krishna, Babu made his introduction as a child artist in a cameo appearance in Needa (1979), at the age of four, and performed in eight other films as a child artist. He made his introduction as a lead actor with Rajakumarudu (1999) and earn the State Nandi Award for Best Male Debut.
Mahesh materialized as the highest-paid actor in South India after Rajnikanth. He was placed at 5th rank in the Times survey of the 50 Most Desirable Men in India, becoming the only South Indian personality to have been done so. He rose to the 2nd position of the same list the following year, beating the likes of Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, and Shahrukh Khan. In addition to being an actor, he is a humanitarian and philanthropist – he runs a charitable trust and non-profit organization, Heal-a-Child. He is also engaged with Rainbow Hospitals as their goodwill ambassador. He plummeted into the film distribution business along with Narayandas Narang of Asian Group, officially launching the seven-screen superplex at Gachibowli AMB Cinemas, provided state-of-the-art technology and decor.
|Birth Name||Mahesh Ghattamaneni|
|Nick Name||• Naani|
• Navataram Superstar
|Age||(as in 2020) 45 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Date of Birth||9 August 1975|
|Residence||Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India|
|Home Town||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hobbies||Reading, jogging, playing video games|
|Mother's Name||Indira Devi|
|Father's Name||Krishna Ghattamaneni (Actor)|
|Brother||• Ramesh Babu (Elder)|
• Naresh (Step-brother)
|Sister||• Padmavathi (Elder)|
• Manjula (Elder)
• Priyadarsini (Younger)
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Namrata Shirodkar (Actress)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Namrata Shirodkar (Actress)|
|Marriage Date||10 February 2005|
Son- Gautam Krishna
|School||St. Bede's Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai|
|College/University||Loyola College, Chennai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Profession||Actor, Film Producer & Philanthropist|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Available|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm|
in meters- 1.88 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg|
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Chest Size||40 Inches|
|Biceps Size||14 Inches|
|Waist Size||34 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Favourite Food||Biryani and coffee|
|Favourite Actors||Krishna Ghattamaneni|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi and Trisha|
|Favourite Director||Mani Ratnam|
|Controversies||• The State Human Rights Commission filed a complaint him after he endorsed the Royal Stag's whisky ad commercial.|
• After the rumour that he received a remuneration of around 1.2 million for his blockbuster film Dookudu, the Income Tax department raided his residence in Hyderabad.
Babu was born on 9 August 1975 in Madras (now Chennai), Tamil Nadu, India. He is the 4th of the five children of Telugu actor Krishna and Indira, after Ghattamaneni Ramesh Babu, Padmavathi, and Manjula Swaroop and before Priyadarshini.
His childhood was spent mostly in Madras under the care of his maternal grandmother Durgamma and the rest of his family. Since Krishna was busy with his film commitments, Ramesh Babu used to look after Mahesh Babu’s academic performance. Along with his siblings, Babu used to play cricket regularly at the VGP Golden beach in Madras.
To spend time with him, Krishna used to make sure that his film shoots would be organized at the VGP Universal Kingdom during the weekends.
Krishna also made sure that none of his children would disclose his name during their schooling to ensure a peaceful environment. He was educated at St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai where actor Karthi was his schoolmate. Babu in an interview stated that actor Vijay and he have been longtime close friends and studied at the same college before settling themselves in their respective film industries.
Babu was an above-average student. He obtained a bachelor’s degree in commerce from Loyola College, Chennai. After graduating, he met with director L. Satyanand in Vishakhapatnam for further training in acting which went on for three to four months. Being incapable to read and write Telugu, he used to memorize the dialogues given by his directors during the dubbing stage of his films.
Mahesh Babu Net Worth
It has been reported that his yearly income is somewhere around INR 26 Crores. While his net worth is reportedly a whopping INR 127 crores. Most of his earning come from movies and brand endorsements. Mahesh Babu also takes homes the profit share from his movies apart from his acting fees.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||INR 127 Crores (18 Million Dollars)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||INR 26 Crores|
|Luxury Cars||INR 9 Crores|
|House||INR 28 Crores|
|Income Source||Actor, Film Producer & Philanthropist|
He takes a huge sum of money for brand endorsement. Mahesh Babu has done multiple mainstream roles in movies which makes him one of the most versatile and talented actors in the field of Cinema. With such a huge profit and earning, Mahesh Babu is always on the top spot when comes to sharing, charity, and social work. Mr. Mahesh Babu is also on the top spot when it comes to paying Income tax, he is one of the highest taxpayers in the country.
Apart from acting in films, he has also acted in more than 10 television ads. If reports are to be believed, he is paid INR 35 crores per year for ad films only. Rumour has it that he was paid INR 2 crores for a 30-second ad last year. Mahesh Babu has 6 luxury cars worth INR 9 crores. He owns 2 houses in Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad worth INR 28 crores.
Fitness And Diet
Telugu movie star Mahesh Babu is 44 years old and it’s hard for us to believe this fact because the guy doesn’t look a day older than 30 years. He is renowned for his dedication to the gym and for never missing out on a workout session or even a single meal in a day.
It has been revealed that the actor eats five to six meals a day, two of which are complementary shakes. Eating more often has lately been popularized as a healthy practice for fat loss and muscle gain, as it keeps your metabolism up.
Here is a detailed meal plan 0f Mahesh Babu:
Breakfast: Mush It is a dish made of oats, eggs, fruits, and nuts.
Post Workout: Any Protein Shake
Lunch: The source of any meat (chicken / fish / lamb) with carbs (brown rice / quinoa / crispy peal)
Dinner: Any Carb Sources and Proteins It may be brown or whole wheat bread with eggs or chicken
Mahesh Babu Movies And TV Shows
- At the age of four, Babu toured the sets of the Telugu film Needa (1979) where its director Dasari Narayana Rao shot a few sequences of his as a part of the narrative in the appearance of the former’s brother Ramesh.
- He went on to perform as a child artist in the films Shankharavam (1987), Bazaar Rowdy (1988), Mugguru Kodukulu (1988), and Gudachari 117 (1989).
- He performed a dual character in the film Koduku Diddina Kapuram (1989).
- Babu then emerged in Bala Chandrudu (1990), and Anna Thammudu (1990). Later, he continued his college studies.
- In 1999, Babu made his introduction as a lead actor with the film Raja Kumarudu, directed by K. Raghavendra Rao and co-starring Priety Zinta. The film was commercially successful, and people started referring to him with the title Prince.
- He worked in two films the following year – Yuvaraju and Vamsi. Following their poor performance at the box office, Babu appeared in Krishna Vamsi’s Murari the next year.
- Babu had two film deliveries in 2003, the first one being Gunasekhar’s Okkadu co-starring Bhumika Chawla, which went on to become the highest-grossing Telugu film of the year collecting INR 23 crores at the box office. The other movie was Teja’s Nijam co-starring Rakshita.
- He chose to work in Trivikram Srinivas’s Athadu, co-starring Trisha Krishnan, whose script had been approved back in 2002 before the production of Naani and Arjun had begun. Athadu became one of the highest-grossing films of the year.
- Babu collaborated with Puri Jagannadh in 2006 for the film Pokiri, which was together produced by Jagannadh and Manjula.
- That same year, his next film, Sainikudu, co-starring Trisha, was released amid huge expectations but flopped at the box office.
- The following year Babu acting in the film Athidhi, co-starring Amrita Rao marking her Telugu debut. The film was produced by Mahesh Babu’s brother Ramesh.
- In 2008, Babu provided a voice-over for the film Jalsa directed by Trivikram Srinivas.
- After Athidhi’s release, Babu took a break from films for seven months, two months later, he signed Khaleja, but the break was unintentionally extended for two years due to several delays. During this time, Babu’s grandmother and his wife Namrata’s parents died. Krishna was worried about Babu’s career as the film’s shoot was delayed for so long.
- Upon release, Khaleja earned mixed reviews from critics and was a commercial failure in India. However, it managed to perform well at the overseas box office.
- In 2011, Babu collaborated with Srinu Vaitla for the film Dookudu, which was inspired in part by the 2003 German tragicomedy film Good Bye, Lenin!.
- He later performed the role of a mafia kingpin with a hidden personal agenda in the film Businessman, co-starring Kajal Aggarwal and directed by Puri Jagannadh.
- Babu then began filming for Srikanth Addala’s Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu, whose script Babu had approved during the pre-production phase of Dookudu.
- He provided a voice-over for Srinu Vaitla’s Baadshah the same year.
- Babu had two releases in 2014, the first one being Sukumar’s 1: Nenokkadine, an action-thriller focusing on a celebrity suffering from hallucinations related to the murder of his parents and the discovery of a special variety of rice.
- The other release, Aagadu, directed by Srinu Vaitla and co-starring Tamannaah, flopped at the box office.
Babu collaborated with Koratala Siva for the action-drama film Srimanthudu co-starring Shruti Haasan.
- Released on 7 August 2015, Srimanthudu opened to positive reviews from critics, was commercially successful, and he gained the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu at the 63rd Filmfare Awards South, marking his resurgence.
- Babu acted in Srikanth Addala’s film Brahmotsavam co-starring Kajal Aggarwal, Samantha Ruth Prabhu, and Pranitha Subhash. Originally produced as a bi-lingual, the film would’ve marked Babu’s first straight Tamil film.
- He later emerged in the Telugu-Tamil bilingual Spyder, directed by A. R. Murugadoss, which finally marked his Tamil cinema debut and grossed over INR 113 crores at the box office.
- His next film was a political action drama Bharat Ane Nenu, directed by Koratala Siva and co-starring Kiara Advani. In this film, he played the role of a chief minister. It went on to become a hit and has grossed INR 225 crores, making it the 5th highest-grossing Telugu film of all time, Mahesh Babu winning the Dadasaheb Phalke Best Actor Award for his performance.
- His next film, Maharshi, was released in 2019.
- In January 2020 his new release Sarileru Neekevvaru earned INR 260 crores in worldwide box office collections.
Mahesh Babu Movies List
|1988||Bazaar Rowdy |
|1989||Gudachari 117 |
Koduku Diddina Kapuram
|1990||Anna Thammudu |
|1999||Raja Kumarudu |
|2002||Takkari Donga |
Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu
|2018||Bharat Ane Nenu|
- Does Mahesh Babu smoke?: No
- Does Mahesh Babu drink alcohol?: Yes
- Mahesh Babu is usually called The Prince of Tollywood.
- The remake of most of his films in Tamil has been done by actor Vijay.
- His wife Namrata Shirodkar is 2 years 6 months older than him.
- He initiated acting as a child artist at the age of 4 in his father’s film Needa.
- He did his debut lead character movie Raja Kumarudu opposite Bollywood actress Preity Zinta.
- Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan applauded his performance in the film Pokiri, whose remake was made in Bollywood as Wanted.
- He earned 2 Filmfare Awards for Okkadu and Pokiri.
- He also runs a film production company called G. Mahesh Babu Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
- Because he spends most of his childhood in Chennai, he can’t read Telugu well, though he speaks it fluently.
- He beat Bollywood superstars like Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Aamir Khan in the list of the Most Desirable Man by Times of India.
- In his childhood, he only used to see his father’s films.
- Tamil actor Karthi is a good friend since childhood.
- Only superstar Rajnikanth gets more salary than him in the South India film industry.
- Mahesh Babu is known to donate 30 percent of all his earnings to charitable causes and that makes him a true winner.
- The superstar has had 18 of his Telugu hits dubbed into Hindi. Movies like Pokiri, Athadu, Dookudu, and Okkadu have been the most popular with his Hindi fans.
Why Mahesh Babu Is So Famous?
Mahesh Babu Is One Of The Most Popular And Successful Actors In USA Also And Has The Most Number Of 1 Million Dollar Collecting Movies Under His Name. Due To His Ultra Handsome Looks, He Is Liked A Lot By Girls. Mahesh Babu Has A Very Good Name Off-Screen Too And Is Considered As A True Gentleman And Family Fan.
Why Doesn't Mahesh Babu Work In Hindi Movies?
Mahesh Babu Actually Doesn’t Need To Work In Hindi Films As He Has Immense Craze Here In Telugu Film Industry (Tollywood). He Is Comfortable With Acting In Telugu (Language). His Movie Scripts Are Made In Accordance To Our Tastes And Cultures Which Contrast Other Film Industries. He Has Great Expectations From His Fans, So He Puts His All Efforts In Delivering His Best.
Apart From Mahesh Babu, Who Is Another Super Star In The Telugu Film Industry?
Mahesh Babu Is Superstar By Virtue Of The Moniker He Inherited From His Actor Father. Chiranjeevi, Aa, Ntr, <a data-ail="13671" target="_blank" href="https://woodgram.com/prabhas-biography/" title="Prabhas">Prabhas</a>, Ram Charan, Pawan Kalyan, Nagarjuna, Venkatesh All Are Superstars Apart From Him.
Who Is Best Actor Between Allu Arjun And Mahesh Babu?
I Don’t Think Anyone Can So Easily Compare Allu Arjun With Mahesh Babu. Mahesh Babu Is A Star Who Has Global Recognization. Allu Arjun Is Not Even Close To Him. Acting – Mahesh Babu Is Acting From A Age Of 4. He Is Born Actor. Where As Allu Arjun Belongs From The Mega Family So People Praise Him. Mahesh Babu Can Act In Any Situation And He Can Pull Any Kind Of Acting Especially Emotional Acting But Allu Arjun Does A Bit Of Overarching In Some Places. Action – Allu Arjun’s Actions Are So Illogical. They Don’t Make Any Sense. One Man Can Never Pull Another Man On His Single Hand Like A Paper. Mahesh Babu Does A Better Action. At Least Realistic. Awards – Mahesh Babu Is Far More Ahead Than Others Actors In Awards. Followers – Mahesh Babu Is The Second Most Followed Person On Twitter, 8.3 Million.