Carlos Joaquin Correa (born 13 August 1994) is an Argentine professional footballer who currently serves as a forward for Serie A club Inter Milan and the Argentina national team. In addition to playing for the youth teams of Riltillselate and Renato Cesarini, he has also played for the youth teams of Estudiantes and Renato Cesarini. In May 2012, he made his first-team debut for Estudiantes. On 15 February 2015, he made his debut for Sampdoria after signing a four-and-a-half-year contract for US$10 million.
He joined Sevilla for €18 million on 10 July 2016 and made his debut on 17 August 2016. A five-year contract with Lazio was signed on August 1, 2018, for a transfer fee of €16 million. He has represented Argentina at the senior level at the international level. In 2017, he made his international debut. With Argentina, he was part of the team that won the 2017 Superclascio de las Americas.
Joaquin Correa Bio/Wiki
In the table below, you will see concise information about the Argentine footballer. It is a great tool to help you get a quick overview of Joaquin Correa’s profile with minimal effort.
|Birth Name||Carlos Joaquín Correa|
|Nick Name||El Tucu|
|Age||28 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Born Place||Juan Bautista Alberdi, Argentina|
|Date of Birth||13 August 1994|
|Residence||Juan Bautista Alberdi, Argentina|
|Home Town||Juan Bautista Alberdi, Argentina|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Rosy Boydu Correa|
|Father's Name||Julio Correa|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Desiree Cordero (to be)|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Alessandro Lucci - WSA|
|Debut Club||• 2022: Inter Milan|
|Debut International||• 2017: Argentina national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 20 (Inter Milan)|
• -- (Argentina national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Inter Milan|
• Argentina national football team
|Position||Attack - Second Striker|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm|
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet inches- 6'2”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 77 kg|
in pounds- 170 lbs
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||31 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Argentine|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||9 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||12 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Joaquin Correa Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
In July 2022 the forward signed a contract with Inter Milan that nets him a whopping salary of $8.4 Million per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns $23,425 per day and $976 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||7 Million Euro (6 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||$8.4 Million|
|Per Month Salary||$702,778|
|Per Week Salary||$163,982|
|Per Day Salary||$23,425|
|Per Hour Salary||$976|
|Per Minute Salary||$16|
|Current Contract||With Inter Milan|
|Contract Signed||Jul 1, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$25.30 Million|
|Market Value||$25.30 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$41.80 Million (Dec 12, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His current market value is about $25.30 million.
Joaquin Correa FIFA 22 Stats, Potential, And Rating
Joaquín Correa is a 27-year-old forward for Inter in Italy. According to FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 81 and a potential rating of 82. Correa received a 4-star rating for his skillmoves.
Joaquin Correa FIFA 22 Stats
Joaquin Correa Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Joaquin Correa Potential In FIFA 22
|68||Heading Accuracy||63||FK Accuracy|
|81||Short Passing||74||Long Passing|
His right foot is his preferred shooting foot. His workrate is Medium / Medium. According to our database, Correa’s height is 188 cm and his weight is 77 kg. At the moment, Joaquin Correa plays with the numbers 16 and 19.
- Growing up in Juan Bautista Alberdi, Tucumán, Correa represented River Plate, Renato Cesarini, and Estudiantes.
- In a 0–3 away win against Banfield for the Primera División championship on 19 May 2012, he replaced Duván Zapata.
- The first professional goal was scored on 10 May 2014 in a 3–0 home win against San Lorenzo.
- Additionally, he played for the side during the Copa Sudamericana, scoring in a 2–1 win over Pearol in October.
- Correa transferred to Serie A club Sampdoria for US$10 million in December 2014.
- Following his signing on 9 January, he received the number 8 shirt.
- Correa made his debut for Samp on 15 February 2015, starting against Chievo.
- During his first season, he was rarely used and switched to 10 ahead of the 2015–16 campaign.
- Correa scored his first goal abroad on 17 January 2016 against Carpi.
- He scored back-to-back goals against Napoli (2–4 home loss) and Bologna (2–3 away loss) to finish the season with three goals as his side finished 15th.
- Spanish La Liga side Sevilla agreed to transfer Correa to Sampdoria for a reported €13 million fee on 10 July 2016.
- On 17 August, he made his debut for the club in a 0–3 loss against Barcelona for the second leg of the 2016 Supercopa de Espaa.
- He made his debut on 20 August 2016, replacing compatriot Luciano Vietto in a 6–4 home win against Espanyol.
- In the 2016–17 UEFA Champions League round of 16, he scored his first UEFA Champions League goal against Leicester City 2–1.
- In the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League, he scored the equalizing goal against Liverpool at Anfield on 17 September 2017.
- His horror challenge on Javi Martinez in added time against Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals of the 2017-18 UEFA Champions League season earned him a straight red card.
Joaquin Correa With Lazio
- El Tucu Correa returned to Italy on 1 August 2018 to join Lazio on a five-year contract worth €16 million.
- Lazio lost 1–2 at home to Napoli on 18 August, when he made his debut for the club.
- His first goal for Lazio came in a 2–1 home win against Udinese on 26 September 2018.
- During the 2018–19 Coppa Italia, Correa scored the goal that eliminated AC Milan and allowed Lazio to reach the final.
- Lazio won its first trophy with Correa’s second goal in the final against Atalanta, 2–0.
- During his first season with Lazio, he made 44 appearances and scored 9 goals.
- He extended his contract with Lazio until 2024 on 10 October 2019.
- On 22 December 2019, he started Lazio’s 3–1 win in the 2019 Supercoppa Italiana, his second trophy with the club.
- During his second season, he made 35 appearances and scored 10 goals.
- During his last season with Lazio, he made 38 appearances and scored 11 goals.
Joaquin Correa With Inter Milan
- Upon joining Inter Milan on 26 August 2021, Correa signed a one-year loan deal with an obligation to buy with a three-year contract to follow.
- During Inter Milan’s 3–1 win over Verona on 27 August, he came on as a substitute and scored twice.
- Correa made his senior international debut for Argentina on 9 June 2017, when they defeated Brazil 1–0 in Melbourne.
- In a 6–0 friendly win over Singapore on 13 June, he scored his first international goal.
- As a member of the Argentine squad that won the Copa America in 2021, he made three appearances.
Facts About Joaquin Correa
- A professional football player from Argentina, Carlos Joaquin Correa.
- Correa began his professional career with River Plate.
- During his youth career, he also played for Renato Cesarini and Estudiantes.
- He started playing football quite early in life and thus started climbing the ladder of success in his game.
- Joaquin made his senior debut for Students on 19 May 2012.
- He replaced Duvan Zapata in a game that ended in a 0-3 away win for the team.
- Among the first goals Correa scored at the professional level were one on 10 May 2014.
- During a home game against San Lorenzo, he had scored the first of his team’s three goals.
- As a result, he did not look back and kept rising in his career.
- In the Copa Sudamericana, he also appeared regularly for the team as a regular.
- As a result of his performance, he was transferred to Sampdoria and signed a long-term contract.
- On 16 December 2014, Correa was transferred to Sampdoria after playing for Estudiantes for two years.
- On 15 January 2015, he made his debut for this team. In one year with Sampdoria, he performed decently.
- The La Liga club Sevilla FC made a transfer agreement with Sampdoria on 10 July 2016.
- Sevilla FC lost 0-3 to FC Barcelona on 17 August 2016 in his debut for the club.
What club does Joaquin Correa play for?
What position is Joaquin Correa?
What footed Correa?
His preferred foot is Right.
What ethnicity is the last name Correia?
Joaquin Correa’s biography teaches us that we need to mentally prepare for life’s challenges. Moreover, it is normal for aspiring footballers to encounter roadblocks on the way to becoming professionals.
Joaquin Correa’s parents prepared him for life by being doggedly persistent.
In the story, the Argentine was able to overcome many rejections by strengthening his character and lowering his expectations.
During the process of writing Joaquin Correa’s bio, we discovered something about him – one of his most prominent characteristics.
It is nothing other than his forgiving spirit. Despite coming from a humble family, the footballer has shown us that he has a great attitude.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thanks for sticking with us in the exciting write-up about Joaquin Correa’s life. Woodgram strives for accuracy and fairness in its delivery of Childhood stories of Argentine footballers.
Please contact Woodgram via our contact page if anything doesn’t look right in this Memoir about Joaquin Correa. If you would like to leave a comment about the Argentine footballer, please do so.