A professional footballer from Iceland, Alfred Finnbogason (born 1 February 1989) plays as a forward for the Iceland national team. Currently, he is without a club. During the 2013–14 season, Alfred was the top scorer in the Dutch Eredivisie, with 29 goals to his credit, a tally that only Luis Suárez, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Jonathan Soriano in Europe’s top leagues were able to match.
As a member of the Iceland national team, Alfred made his debut against the Faroe Islands in 2010. To date, he has earned 61 caps for the national team, scoring 15 goals in that time. In 2018 he became the first Icelander to score a goal at the FIFA World Cup, as he was part of their squad at the UEFA Euro 2016 and 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Alfred Finnbogason Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Alfred Finnbogason. It gives you the ability to read through the Icelandic footballer’s profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Alfreð Finnbogason (Alfred Finnbogason)|
|Nick Name/Popular Name||Alfred|
|Age||33 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Born Place||Grindavik, Iceland|
|Date of Birth||1 February 1989|
|Home Town||Grindavik, Iceland|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
|Sister(s)||• Alma Finnbogadóttir|
• Margrét Finnbogadóttir
• Hildigunnur Finnbogadottir
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Fríða Rún Einarsdóttir|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Fríða Rún Einarsdóttir|
|Children||Daughters- 1- Name Not Available|
Sons- 1- Name Not Available
|School||Johan Cruyff Institute|
|College/University||Johan Cruyff Institute|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Relatives|
|Debut Club||Without Club|
|Debut International||• 2009: Iceland national football team|
|Jersey Number||• -- (Without Club)|
• 11 (Iceland national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Without Club|
• Iceland national football team
|Position||Attack - Centre-Forward|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm|
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6'1”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg|
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Icelandic|
|Hair Color||Light brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||11 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Alfred Finnbogason Net Worth
In 2022, what will Alfred Finnbogason’s salary be?
In Jul 2016 Alfred Finnbogason signed a contract with FC Augsburg that ended already in July 2022 and netted him a whopping salary of £1,872,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £5,130 per day and £214 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|UPDATE||All salary data below are as per paid by FC Augsburg|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£1,872,000|
|Per Month Salary||£156,000|
|Per Week Salary||£36,000|
|Per Day Salary||£5,130|
|Per Hour Salary||£214|
|Per Minute Salary||£3.6|
|Current Contract||Without Club|
|Contract Signed||Jul 1, 2022|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||--|
|Current Market Value||$770 Thousand|
|Highest Market Value||$16.50 Million (Dec 18, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. He has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 Million, and his market value is about $770 thousand.
Alfred Finnbogason FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Alfred Finnbogason is currently 33 years old and plays as a Striker for FC Augsburg in Germany. He currently has an overall rating of 73 in FIFA 22 as well as a potential rating of 73. In terms of skillmoves, Finnbogason has received a 3-star rating.
Alfred Finnbogason FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|68||Heading Accuracy||51||FK Accuracy|
|70||Short Passing||67||Long Passing|
|30||Defensive Awareness||34||Sliding Tackle|
Whenever he shoots, he prefers to use his right foot. As far as his workrate is concerned, it is Medium / Medium. The height of Finnbogason is 185 cm and the weight of Finnbogason is estimated to be 80 kg, based on the data from our database. As of right now, Alfred Finnbogason is playing with the number 11.
- In 2005, Alfred joined Breidablik and played in the club’s highly successful youth team alongside future internationals and expatriates Gylfi Sigurdsson, Aron Jóhannsson, Jóhann Berg Gudmundsson, Elfar Freyr Helgason, Gudmundur Kristjánsson, Kristinn Steindórsson, and Kristinn Jónsson.
- In 2008, he made his senior debut for Breidablik.
- Breidablik scored 13 goals in 18 league games during the 2009 season.
- He was voted Young Player of the Year by his teammates at the end of the season. Besides winning the Icelandic Cup, Breidablik also won their first-ever title.
- He had trials with Tippeligaen side Viking and English Championship side Blackpool after the 2009 season.
- With 14 goals in 2010, Alfred was joint league top goalscorer and was voted player of the year as Breidablik won their first league title and participated in the UEFA Europa League for the first time.
Breidablik confirmed on 3 November 2010 that Lokeren had accepted its offer for Alfred. Alfred signed a two-and-a-half-year contract with the club on 20 November 2010 following a medical.
Helsingborgs IF (loan)
- Alfred joined Swedish champions Helsingborgs IF on a six-month loan deal on 6 March 2012.
- During the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League Third qualifying round, Alfred scored one goal and made five assists.
- Alfred scored 12 goals in 17 matches across all competitions for Helsingborg at the end of the loan period.
- Alfred signed a three-year contract with Dutch Eredivisie club Heerenveen on 16 August 2012.
- He scored two goals in his home debut against top side Ajax in a 2–2 draw and later scored all four goals away to third division side Kozakken Boys in the KNVB Cup.
- With 24 of Heereveen’s 50 league goals, Alfred was the third-highest goalscorer in the Eredivisie.
Alfred Finnbogason At Real Sociedad
- Alfred signed for Real Sociedad on 2 July 2014 for a transfer fee of €7.5 million, which increased to €10 million with add-ons.
- Later that month, he made his debut for the club, starting a 2–0 win against Aberdeen in the UEFA Europa League.
- Previously, Olympiacos tried to sign the 26-year-old Icelandic, but Heerenveen refused to sign him.
- Olympiacos announced on 26 July 2015 that they had signed him on loan from Real Sociedad in spite of PAOK’s rival interest.
- In an August 2015 friendly match against Beşiktaş, he scored his first goal.
- In Olympiacos’ first ever win on English soil, Alfred scored the winning goal against Arsenal on 29 September 2015, as Olympiacos won 3–2 at Emirates Stadium in their Champions League Group F match.
- His first Super League goal came in a 4–3 away win against Panthrakikos on 5 December 2015.
Alfred Finnbogason At FC Augsburg
- On 1 February 2016, he was loaned to FC Augsburg.
- Five days later, he made his debut as a substitute against Ingolstadt in a 2–1 loss.
- Against Borussia Mönchengladbach on 28 February, he scored his first goal, helping Augsburg to a 2–2 draw.
- During his fourteen appearances, he scored seven goals, and the loan was made permanent on 1 July 2016.
- On September 9, 2017, Augsburg won 3–0 against FC Köln thanks to his hat-trick.
- In a 3–3 draw against SC Freiburg on 16 December 2017, he scored another hat-trick.
- Aside from earning 11 caps, Alfred scored five goals at the under-21 level for Iceland.
- His first goal came in a 6–2 win over Northern Ireland under-21s at The Showgrounds, Coleraine on 8 September 2009.
- In 2010, Alfred made his debut for the Iceland national team as a substitute in a friendly match against the Faroe Islands.
- In a 3–2 loss to Israel at Bloomfield Stadium in Tel Aviv, Alfred scored on his full Iceland debut.
- Currently, Alfred has 50 caps for the senior team and 14 goals.
- In 2016, he was selected for the UEFA Euros.
- His name was included in Iceland’s 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May 2018.
- Iceland drew 1–1 with Argentina in their first match at the tournament thanks to Alfred’s equalizer.
Facts About Alfred Finnbogason
- Born in Grindavik, Alfred represented Ungmennafélag Grindavkur’s youth teams while spending two years in Edinburgh while growing up.
- In the city where his father studied, Alfred played for the boys’ club Hutchison Vale and became a fan of Hibernian.
- Alfred spent five months as an exchange student in Sardinia, playing for Sassari Torres during his stay, where he scored against the Italy U-17 national team.
- Alfred scored his 24th goal of the season, and also his last of the season, on 19 April 2013, setting the Icelandic record for most goals scored in a season by a top division footballer.
- Previous record holder Pétur Pétursson, who played for Feyenoord in the 1979-80 Eredivisie, also played in the Netherlands.
How old is Alfred Finnbogason?
Alfred Finnbogason is 33 years old.
How tall is Alfred Finnbogason?
Alfred Finnbogason is 185 cm tall. Or 6 ft 1 in.
Which is Alfred Finnbogason’s preferred foot?
Alfred Finnbogason’s preferred foot is right.
Where is Alfred Finnbogason from?
Alfred Finnbogason is from Iceland.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Alfred Finnbogason worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friend’s efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Alfred Finnbogason has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Icelandic footballer. Hopefully, Alfred Finnbogason’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Alfred Finnbogason.